Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Does anybody know of a mod that sort of acts like Skyrim's No Death Mod? Basically, the idea is that when you "die", instead of always having to reload a save, the game reawakens you somewhere to continue your story. So if you were defeated by raiders in the middle of nowhere, you might wake up missing most of your stuff...or you might wake up in town, courtesy of a good Samaritan. While you can still die, there's a good chance that you'll simply lose consciousness and wake up somewhere else. It's kind of a neat alternative to the reloading-a-save-until-you-succeed method, and can make for some amusing scenarios where you're running through the wilderness in your underwear, wielding some weapon you scrounged off of somebody.

I actually do! It's called Another Kick in the Head and is very similar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe
I just picked up FO3 and New Vegas on Steam. Played them on the 360 in the day, but I'm psyched to finally get them modded. Does anybody have the link to the FO3 modding thread in the archives?

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

Ok, since my last post I managed to get myself up and modding. I got about 8 gigs worth of mods installed, but there's a couple things I can't seem to find a satisfactory mod for. Anyone here have suggestions?

1: I'm looking for a good old-west style revolver. Something in the style of the old 1856 Colt Navy. The Ranger Sequoia is close, but not quite there. Bonus points if the weapon sounds and feels like a hand canon.

2: What's the best mod for playing cowboy dressup? So far I've looked at Satchels and the Tailor Made mods, but can't find a good description of what all they include. Bonus points if you have to look for the equipment rather than the "box at Mitchel's" method.

3: Recommendations for good weapon and armor expansion packs? I'm planning a jsawyer runthrough, so I'm hoping for a lot of cool weapons that won't be horribly unbalanced. Also, would Mission Mojave comflict with jsawyer?

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

chitoryu12 posted:

Ahhhhhhhh! Thanks so much, that's exactly what I was looking for!

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Snoop Radley posted:

I'd like to do a crazy evil cannibal fiend playthrough since my characters always end up being such goody-two-shoes, and I was wondering if there was a mod that lets you collect trophies from the people you kill (that isn't a creepy fetish thing)? Sort of like in the legion ear sidequest, but expanded to everyone. I know there's one for eyeballs but, uh, that's a little too gross for me. And before you point it out, yes I do realize how funny it sounds that I want to play as a cannibalistic monster who collects body parts but think eyeballs are crossing the line. :v:

I was going to suggest the uterus mod as a joke but I looked it up to link it and apparently you eat the uterus right away when you get them in that mod. :stonk:

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
I want an experience point reducing/modifying mod, so that I don't gain 12 levels in Old World Blues or the other DLCs. I asked this question before and the thread said Project Nevada, is that still my best option? It's just that I probably wouldn't use any of PN's other features.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Rope kid's mod does that pretty well. You get half (I think) xp from all the dlc quests and the xp progression is slowed down in general. That's all I use and it's enough for me.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Just get a mod that removes the level cap and level up forever :getin:

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

StandardVC10 posted:

I want an experience point reducing/modifying mod, so that I don't gain 12 levels in Old World Blues or the other DLCs. I asked this question before and the thread said Project Nevada, is that still my best option? It's just that I probably wouldn't use any of PN's other features.

Yeah, JSawyer v5.0 reduces DLC XP gain by 66% which, like Smol was saying, is basically what you're looking for. That reduction may sound like a lot but it's actually not insane, in reality.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
I don't really want to use JSawyer, to be honest, but that part is pretty much what I'm looking for.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

StandardVC10 posted:

I don't really want to use JSawyer, to be honest, but that part is pretty much what I'm looking for.

Alternatively, you can try something like this mod, but you'll want to start this mod on a new game, otherwise you'll likely be trapped at whatever level you're at when you installed it until you can catch up to all of the XP points it retroactively applies as a requirement to leveling up.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

StandardVC10 posted:

New Vegas without Jsawyer.esp is like a sundae without whipped cream and sprinkles.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Snoop Radley posted:

I'd like to do a crazy evil cannibal fiend playthrough since my characters always end up being such goody-two-shoes, and I was wondering if there was a mod that lets you collect trophies from the people you kill (that isn't a creepy fetish thing)? Sort of like in the legion ear sidequest, but expanded to everyone. I know there's one for eyeballs but, uh, that's a little too gross for me. And before you point it out, yes I do realize how funny it sounds that I want to play as a cannibalistic monster who collects body parts but think eyeballs are crossing the line. :v:

Yeah there's a mod that lets you eat uteruses.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
A serious request now, is there a mod that sets you at max level and balances the game around that level? Where you "advance" via gear rather then XP?

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
http://www.mediafire.com/download/5e5y3gifb2oc2ym/Flip+The+Bird!+V1.7z

Press X to flip the bird whenever you want. Brought to you by the man who will soon be dropping new attack, handgrip, and reload weapon animations to you left and right. (Hitman47101)

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

StandardVC10 posted:

Leveling is controlled by just 2 settings values that you can tweak yourself. I can't look them up right now but a bit of googling should lead you right to them. Also look up Puce Moose's tweak and balance center mods - one of them does just this, I think.

You can tweak the 2 settings from the console from where they get put in your save for that run or create a trivial esp that contains the 2 GMSTs.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
The Project Nevada rebalance module has an XP modifier you can move around.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

chitoryu12 posted:

I only used this mod for a bit, but the 'dreams' part of it can be real neat: there was one where it looked like the regular procedure that happens when you character gets knocked out, but the person rescuing you has super bulging eyes and flaring nostrils while just talking normally. They still have their regular dialogue trees and stuff so it just seems like a glitch, until you try to leave the building and they do a Invasion of the Body Snatchers type screech, summoning a bunch of ghouls to fight.

The couple of dreams I played all had that kinda Eternal Darkness type of vibe to them, which was cool.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
Anyone have a TTW mod loadout you like? I usually keep my New Vegas loads pretty simple, last time it was basically just PN, some texture/mesh mods, and the mobile truck base. Oh and AWOP because I like to crawl around underground.

Anyone playing through modded TTW right now?

EDIT: I ask because I finally got around to setting up TTW at all, and just by itself it seems to run perfectly. Before I poo poo it up with mod experiments I'm interested to know what works for sure.

Mosnar
Apr 21, 2007
Dropping Heavy Things From High Places, LLC
[X] FalloutNV.esm
[X] DeadMoney.esm
[X] HonestHearts.esm
[X] OldWorldBlues.esm
[X] LonesomeRoad.esm
[X] GunRunnersArsenal.esm
[X] ClassicPack.esm
[X] MercenaryPack.esm
[X] TribalPack.esm
[X] CaravanPack.esm
[X] Fallout3.esm
[X] Anchorage.esm
[X] ThePitt.esm
[X] BrokenSteel.esm
[X] PointLookout.esm
[X] Zeta.esm
[X] TaleOfTwoWastelands.esm
[X] AWorldOfPain(Preview).esm
[X] SomeguySeries.esm
[X] IWR.esm
[X] RBX.esm
[X] NVInteriors_Core.esm
[X] NVInteriors_ComboEdition_AWOP.esm
[X] T6M Equipment Replacer NV.esm
[X] NVWillow.esp
[X] FCOMaster.esm
[X] ProjectCloverTTW.esp
[X] House of Horrors.esm
[X] TTW_StashPackOptions.esp
[X] TTW_OutcastTrading.esp
[X] TTW_Bobbleheads.esp
[X] TTW_AnchorageCustomization.esp
[X] TTW_XPReduction.esp
[X] TTW_SuperMutantRebalance.esp
[X] OWB Companion Teleport.esp
[X] OWB Moddable FIDO.esp
[X] OWB More Vendor Caps.esp
[X] OWB Stealth Field Suit.esp
[X] OWB Valence Extra.esp
[X] OWB Valence Mask.esp
[X] TheInheritance.esp
[X] CASM.esp
[X] AWOPDeadMoneyVendorPatch.esp
[X] Automated Reloading Bench.esp
[X] IWR - Rebuilt.esp
[X] The New Bison Steve Hotel.esp
[X] PerkEveryLevel.esp
[X] awilderwasteland.esp
[X] NewVegasBounties.esp
[X] NewVegasBountiesII.esp
[X] outsidebets.esp
[X] factions reloaded raiders v1dot1.esp
[X] YamsPinupParade.esp
[X] christinecos.esp
[X] AWOPDeadMoney.esp
[X] FCO - GlowingOne.esp
[X] FCO - Willow (Cazy).esp
[X] FCO - Willow.esp
[X] Impact - TheMichaelBay.esp
[X] Impact - TheMichaelBay - AllDLC.esp
[ ] Impact - TheGamingRig - AllDLC.esp
[ ] Impact - TheBasementDweller - AllDLC.esp
[X] AWOP - Impact - TheMichaelBay.esp
[ ] AWOP - Impact - TheGamingRig.esp
[ ] AWOP - Impact - TheBasementDweller.esp
[ ] WMX-DLCMerged - Impact - TheBasementDweller.esp
[ ] WMX-DLCMerged - Impact - TheGamingRig.esp
[X] WeaponModsExpanded.esp
[X] WMX-DLCMerged.esp
[X] WMX-DLCMerged - Impact - TheMichaelBay.esp
[X] WMX-POPMerged.esp
[X] WMX-AWOP.esp
[X] WMX-AWOP-Overhaul.esp
[X] BibleHuntingQuest.esp
[X] ttwfollowerfixes.esp
[X] cloverfix.esp
[X] delilah.esp
[X] Merged.esp

Don't use EVE due to all the conflict reports, though I know there is a TTW version that works. Haven't tried jsawyer because of my crippling hoarding issues ..

Specs:
Win 8.1
Intel I7-4700HQ @2.4 GHz
24 GB Ram
GeForce GTX 780M

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
The TTW version of EVE was sorta terrible last time I checked and I had to fix it manually with FNVEdit. Avoid it, unless you hear reports that the author cleaned it up.

Antistar01
Oct 20, 2013

Mosnar posted:

[X] OWB Moddable FIDO.esp

As a quick note, this won't do anything if you've got WMX-DLCMerged.esp loading after it.

Mosnar
Apr 21, 2007
Dropping Heavy Things From High Places, LLC

Antistar01 posted:

As a quick note, this won't do anything if you've got WMX-DLCMerged.esp loading after it.

Good to know, adjusting load order yet again ..

Fake Edit: good to know I'm not the only one who actually enjoys AWOP. Yes, it adds a murderous and ponderous dungeon slog(s) but I find great solace in the Marksman Carbine .308M it gives you (for lots of caps).

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Fereydun posted:

I only used this mod for a bit, but the 'dreams' part of it can be real neat: there was one where it looked like the regular procedure that happens when you character gets knocked out, but the person rescuing you has super bulging eyes and flaring nostrils while just talking normally. They still have their regular dialogue trees and stuff so it just seems like a glitch, until you try to leave the building and they do a Invasion of the Body Snatchers type screech, summoning a bunch of ghouls to fight.

The couple of dreams I played all had that kinda Eternal Darkness type of vibe to them, which was cool.

The only issue I've had with the dreams is that if you die in the dream, you die for real. This can be an issue with rebalancing mods that make what should be an ordinary fight a deathtrap if you're unprepared.

Emberfox
Jan 15, 2005

~rero rero rero rero rero
I like the idea of AWOP. It gives you lots of areas to explore and enemies to kill, and that's always loads of fun. But it's so bloated and unbalanced that it sort of removes that. Not to mention I do not like coming across Ranger Combat Armor, Anti-Material Rifles, Hunting Shotguns and the like in the very early game. I found the first two in a bunker near Mojave Outpost, for example. Not to mention some of the M gear gets a little ridiculous in terms of power. (I know there are patches that remove the M gear, for example, but they do nothing about stuff like the rifle and ranger combat armor)

I have similar issues with TTW, with Talon Mercenaries dropping Trail Carbines and Hunting Shotguns early on, but it's less noticeable, and with karma mods, it's sometimes hard getting them to show up without donating a massive amount of water to beggars.

I just want lower-tier gear to have time to shine before the big stuff comes into the picture. Why use stuff like Lucky or That Gun when you can just gently caress off to get super weapons early on.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

StandardVC10 posted:

Josh says it isn't an unofficial bug patch or expansion or whatever, but it is. Basically New Vegas "the way it should have been".

Tindahbawx
Oct 14, 2011

Is FoMM supposed to crash any time I try and get it to do anything? I have the "stop FOMM crashing" patch applied.

It just doesnt seem to like me.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Personally i just dealt with the crashing. It worked otherwise. Even though it crashes, it still does the thing I told it to do.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Uncheck "Check for Updates" or whatever the option is in the settings

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

How the hell do I get SweetFX to work with New Vegas? Or for that matter ENB? I mainly care about SweetFX though. GeDoSaTo works without issue, but it's SweetFX function doesn't. The game and everything works fine its just SweetFX that doesn't.

Tindahbawx
Oct 14, 2011

Gyshall posted:

Uncheck "Check for Updates" or whatever the option is in the settings

I do that and it crashes!

I think I'll just use Mod Organizer instead.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Upmarket Mango posted:

How the hell do I get SweetFX to work with New Vegas? Or for that matter ENB? I mainly care about SweetFX though. GeDoSaTo works without issue, but it's SweetFX function doesn't. The game and everything works fine its just SweetFX that doesn't.

Are you using FNV4GB? You need to place the files in the exe folder, not the main game folder.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Fereydun posted:

Are you using FNV4GB? You need to place the files in the exe folder, not the main game folder.

I am, and that fixed my issue. Thanks.

Antistar01
Oct 20, 2013

Mosnar posted:

Good to know, adjusting load order yet again ..

I realised I was a bit vague there. By that I meant that you can remove OWB Moddable FIDO.esp if you're using WMX-DLCMerged, because:

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
BFG

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
Combining Increased Wasteland Spawns with other mods leads to some pretty funny stuff.

In the For the Enclave! questline, I got out of the EPA after completing an objective. An "elite" Enclave soldier spawned, presumably as a mini-boss fight. Unfortunately for him, a Deathclaw Mother and 7 Cazadores spawned next to him as well. The monsters finished him off before I could land a single shot on him. :v:

I have the Outside Bets mod, which restores unused content. One of the things it restores is Cazadores roaming Camp Forlorn Hope if you manage to wipe it out. However, I have a bug that spawns that Cazadores even though the NCR is still occupying the area. That means that, when I occasionally pop over to visit, 30+ Cazadores spawn throughout the camp and a giant group of Legionaires appear right in front of the main tent. My CZ57 Avenger gets a hell of a workout cutting down every enemy there.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Is there a good programmable hotkeys mod? I want to, for example, set it up so when I hit mouse5 I take steady+psycho+medX+rebound.

Alternatively, any convenient way to take drug cocktails.

Zealot4223
Sep 3, 2014

The Lone Badger posted:

Is there a good programmable hotkeys mod? I want to, for example, set it up so when I hit mouse5 I take steady+psycho+medX+rebound.

Alternatively, any convenient way to take drug cocktails.

Expanded Hotkeys might work
http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/37043/

mamelon
Oct 9, 2010

by Lowtax

Sensenmann posted:

Don't use Wine. If you insist on playing and modding F3/FNV on the Mac, get Bootcamp and W7. Wine is just a bad idea because Bethesda games are buggy enough as is, even without a Wine wrapper. Parallels Desktop or VMFusion will tank the performance because virtualization eats resources so those are out as well.

Get Bootcamp, install W7, most problems solved.

Also make sure that you only use texture packs if you have a half decent GPU. Wouldn't bother with those unless you have one with at least 1 GB VRAM but that's a matter of personal taste.

Thanks for the response. Unfortunately I can't spring for Win 7 at the moment, but I'll keep it in mind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

I'm having an issue where the Key for lombard station is nowhere to be found. I've searched where it's supposed to spawn for about 10 minutes, and tried reloading the game to a point before the mod was installed after reinstalling it. Still no key. Not sure what to do.