Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

hadji murad posted:

How much is every episode of Walking Dead Season 2 right now? App is 1.99 but I have the first episode on my Japanese account.

if each is 1.99 I'll buy it on my US account.

Reading this got me thinking because I too never got around to playing it past Episode 1, but a look at the Touch Arcade forums confirmed the rest of the episodes are still full priced.

:efb lest this new page go to waste, let me remind everyone to give Turbo Dismount a go, it's free to try and I don't think I'll ever quit playing it. KODP, FTL, and the Dismount series pretty much ensure I'll never be bored with an iPad around.

Fly Ricky fucked around with this message at 12:48 on Nov 1, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Thanks guys, I appreciate it.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

Rivensteel posted:

Helsing Fire borked for anyone else? The puzzle screen is a block of solid color except over the GUI. It seems like I can still interact with the puzzle blindly as the color changes when I kill... something, so it appears to be a rendering issue. Having never played the game I couldn't say for certain what I should see, though. 6+, latest iOS8 build.

Yup :( That's a drat shame. The best game is broken on new devices and the devs probably don't exist anymore.

Superschaf
May 20, 2010

Bummey posted:

Yup :( That's a drat shame. The best game is broken on new devices and the devs probably don't exist anymore.

The guy who made Papers Please worked on it. Might have some luck tweeting at him: https://twitter.com/dukope

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Bummey posted:

Its owned by Chillingo now.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I tried the Uno & friends because I liked the Xbox one. Don't care for it on iPhone, too easy to fat finger the wrong card and gently caress having all the IAP "boosts" and poo poo.

It's so busy and a mess in the menus too, it's just Uno it should be simple as hell.

Scratch-O
Apr 27, 2009

My goodness!

priznat posted:

Uno & friends

Man, that sentence is literally copied from a board room presentation. The execs were so wowed by Joe's pitch that they forced the PR guys to put it in the promotional material.

Please tell me it has timers, I'm so close to a bingo here

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Scratch-O posted:

Man, that sentence is literally copied from a board room presentation. The execs were so wowed by Joe's pitch that they forced the PR guys to put it in the promotional material.

Please tell me it has timers, I'm so close to a bingo here

I think it does, you get tokens to play a limited amount of games or buy more of course.

I deleted it, it's lovely garbage which sucks because I had a blast with the multiplayer on the Xbox version.

BadAstronaut
Sep 15, 2004

Just finished Shadowrun Returns and it's brilliant. Absolutely worth the asking price and then some. Linear as far as RPGs go, but what it does it does very well. 9/10

Dragonrah
Aug 22, 2003

J.C. Bearington, III

BadAstronaut posted:

Just finished Shadowrun Returns and it's brilliant. Absolutely worth the asking price and then some. Linear as far as RPGs go, but what it does it does very well. 9/10

It's not on iOS (yet?) but if you enjoyed Dead Man's Switch you'll absolutely adore Dragonfall. This is an improvement in every way.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
Will it include Dead man's switch? I'm holding out for the second but I guess I'll buy the first if it isn't.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
I hate to be that guy, but you really should buy Shadowrun on PC if the option's available to you. It's not a very requirement-heavy game. AND There's a ton of custom content campaigns made. Some of them are even good! :v: And from Returns to Dragonfall I *think* rebalances a bunch of stuff.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
You're being that guy. Stop it.

For me, any game properly ported to iPad is automatically better than whatever its source was because I don't have to sit upright or monopolize an entire room just to play it.

Dragonrah
Aug 22, 2003

J.C. Bearington, III

Bogart posted:

I hate to be that guy, but you really should buy Shadowrun on PC if the option's available to you. It's not a very requirement-heavy game. AND There's a ton of custom content campaigns made. Some of them are even good! :v: And from Returns to Dragonfall I *think* rebalances a bunch of stuff.

Yes, stop it. Also, while I do not know if they still plan on doing this, but originally they planned to add the best UGC to the app via an update.

Zigmidge posted:

You're being that guy. Stop it.

For me, any game properly ported to iPad is automatically better than whatever its source was because I don't have to sit upright or monopolize an entire room just to play it.

Shadowrun is great on the iPad. I had no issues.

My guess is if Dragonfall shows up on iOS it'll be a separate app, though I wouldn't be surprised if the game gets overhauled to support it as IAP. It will also be just the Director's cut and not the original, but I'm just speculating.

Nickoten
Oct 16, 2005

Now there'll be some quiet in this town.
Speaking of PC->iOS ports, I noticed that Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition is playable on an iPhone 5. Is it actually enjoyable on a phone? Seems like it'd be impossibly cramped. Also, since BG2 is iPad only I wouldn't be able to transfer my data.

Sad lions
Sep 3, 2008

Nickoten posted:

Speaking of PC->iOS ports, I noticed that Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition is playable on an iPhone 5. Is it actually enjoyable on a phone? Seems like it'd be impossibly cramped. Also, since BG2 is iPad only I wouldn't be able to transfer my data.

Well I tried and after I accidentally minimised the side bar and subsequently failed after about five minutes to bring it back I think I'd have to say "No.".

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe

Zigmidge posted:

Yeah I feel that way as well. I actually like PC gaming, but sitting at a computer feels an awful lot like work these days. I'll tolerate a bit of compromise for the ability to make a nest in my couch and spend time with my wife while I relax recuperate from a week of dehumanization and alienated labour.

BadAstronaut
Sep 15, 2004

No word on when Dragonfall will be out on iOS? It looks amazing.

Dragonrah
Aug 22, 2003

J.C. Bearington, III

BadAstronaut posted:

No word on when Dragonfall will be out on iOS? It looks amazing.

*If this is your first time hearing about the Director’s Cut, here’s the scoop: It’s a standalone release of our critically-acclaimed Dragonfall campaign that includes a bunch of new content and improvements we’ve made to the game. It’s $14.99, releases September 18th for Windows/Mac/Linux, will be available on Steam, GoG and the Humble Store, and is FREE to all existing owners of Dragonfall (including Backers.) And it’s coming to iOS/Android tablets in ~October.

From their site...well they missed the window of October, but let's hope it is soon.

tuyop posted:

Yeah I feel that way as well. I actually like PC gaming, but sitting at a computer feels an awful lot like work these days. I'll tolerate a bit of compromise for the ability to make a nest in my couch and spend time with my wife while I relax recuperate from a week of dehumanization and alienated labour.

Summer before last I sat outside on the back deck playing KOTOR. It was nice.

Dragonrah fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Nov 2, 2014

Roobsa
May 1, 2011

Any recommendations for games similar to Javelin Masters 2? I don't mind another javelin game if there's a better one. The fast repetition of trying to beat a previous score is crazy addictive.

BadAstronaut
Sep 15, 2004

So I bought KOTOR- full price felt a little high but I'll get value out of it eventually. Got a three hour flight tomorrow so might try get stuck in.

When Icewind Dale comes to ios I hope there is no extra cost for all the content in a crappy IAP.

When Dragonfall arrives I'll snatch that up immediately.

Really happy with the jump in quality of games available on ios since I last had an iPhone in 2012. Two years have made a big difference.

I don't know if I'll ever get over my apprehension towards free to play. I wish there was an option to buy premium versions and just get all the content.i like to know I'm getting everything and don't mind paying money to support developers, but loathe the idea of getting screwed by a paywall...

Dragonrah
Aug 22, 2003

J.C. Bearington, III

BadAstronaut posted:

So I bought KOTOR- full price felt a little high but I'll get value out of it eventually. Got a three hour flight tomorrow so might try get stuck in.

When Icewind Dale comes to ios I hope there is no extra cost for all the content in a crappy IAP.

When Dragonfall arrives I'll snatch that up immediately.

Really happy with the jump in quality of games available on ios since I last had an iPhone in 2012. Two years have made a big difference.

I don't know if I'll ever get over my apprehension towards free to play. I wish there was an option to buy premium versions and just get all the content.i like to know I'm getting everything and don't mind paying money to support developers, but loathe the idea of getting screwed by a paywall...

Kotor is great.

Hate to break it to you, but IWD:EE has IAP on the Play store. Not to mention I doubt they'd change that tactic now.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Finally got time to sit down with the Warhammer 40k Space Wolves game.

After the first tutorial mission they had me break apart two bolter cards to fuse into a new plasma gun card then evolve it. :v:

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

SynthOrange posted:

Finally got time to sit down with the Warhammer 40k Space Wolves game.

After the first tutorial mission they had me break apart two bolter cards to fuse into a new plasma gun card then evolve it. :v:

That sounds a lot like Heresy. The Machine God is not happy.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Please tell me more about that game as you play it, i'm really on the fence.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

It's a deck builder / turn based tactics game. So far I've got weapon cards (which can attack or move with), plain old movement, and draw more cards. I've not gotten far enough to figure out how much premium currency they throw at you through regular gameplay either, but it's f2p, so outlook not so good. There's also 'runes' you can buy to improve your crafting chances. Visuals and sound are pretty great but I'm waiting for the other f2p shoe to drop.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
The reviews on the App store for that look super grim, IAP-wise. Maybe the backlash will be so bad that they'll turn around on it, PvZ2 style, but I doubt it. :(

vv Yes, which is why I said IAP-wise. As in, the ones with devices that work. :v:

Bogart fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Nov 3, 2014

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

A lot of the reviews are by people who're 1-starring it because it wont work on iphone 4's.

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

I recently had my iPad replaced on a warranty thing and am using the new one now. All my App Store purchases have been replaced, but what about in-game DLC I've bought? Specifically, I bought a lot of unlocks in Magic 2015 and they are just gone and the game wants me to go through the tutorial again. Is there anything I can do to have it restored?

And speaking of CCGs, can anyone recommend another one I can get into beside Magic? Hearthstone was fine, but I'm looking for something deeper.

Thirst Mutilator
Dec 13, 2008

The Bramble posted:

I recently had my iPad replaced on a warranty thing and am using the new one now. All my App Store purchases have been replaced, but what about in-game DLC I've bought? Specifically, I bought a lot of unlocks in Magic 2015 and they are just gone and the game wants me to go through the tutorial again. Is there anything I can do to have it restored?

And speaking of CCGs, can anyone recommend another one I can get into beside Magic? Hearthstone was fine, but I'm looking for something deeper.

I think Apple mandates a restore all purchases for apps with DLC of that type. If not, trying to re-buy the unlockable content might work - if it really is an unlockable thing you've bought already it shouldn't charge you

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

The Bramble posted:

Solforge? I didn't like it much personally but others regard it well.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Fun Shoe

The Bramble posted:

Either find the restore purchases button or buy the thing again. A message will pop up saying you've already paid for it and then it'll be unlocked.

bengy81
May 8, 2010

The Bramble posted:

Have you tried Might and Magic: Duel of Champions?
I haven't played for awhile, but I remember liking the game quite a bit more than Hearthstone, the meta was stale as gently caress and the rating system was borked, but I'm guessing that all the expansions since I played last at least fixed the meta problem.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

tuyop posted:

Either find the restore purchases button or buy the thing again. A message will pop up saying you've already paid for it and then it'll be unlocked.

Note that this only works for non-consumable items. If you bought currency or something in a game it's toast but one-off permanent purchases are restorable.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

dragon enthusiast posted:

Solforge? I didn't like it much personally but others regard it well.

Solforge is great, but doesn't feel as tight as Ascension. Also, it murders my battery because I think it uses their servers to manage even single-player games, so your phone is constantly communicating with their servers.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.

duckfarts posted:

Solforge is great, but doesn't feel as tight as Ascension. Also, it murders my battery because I think it uses their servers to manage even single-player games, so your phone is constantly communicating with their servers.

Ascension isn't a CCG, though. It's a deckbuilder with both players start with the same deck and modify it through the game, buying from the same offer of cards.

Fun game that I've spend way too much time on, but not what was requested.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Does Square stuff go on sale often? I know Dragon Quest 4 just came out but $15 is kind of a lot for a NES remake

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Fun Shoe

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Does Square stuff go on sale often? I know Dragon Quest 4 just came out but $15 is kind of a lot for a NES remake

If you want to know the frequency of app sales for a specific game, just check the price history on appshopper.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

It doesn't go on sale often, and doesn't usually drop by very much. Check Appshopper per-title but next safe bet is a Christmas sale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

tuyop posted:

If you want to know the frequency of app sales for a specific game, just check the price history on appshopper.
DQ4 never went on sale, I checked. Was just wondering if it would eventually or if SE doesn't do that.