Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
All posts in 100% seriousness are pretty terrible regardless of subforum.

Except some E/N because those are good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

I don't know the direct reason, but it turned into a steaming pile of poo poo as soon as the first case reached America and never let up, which probably has something to do with why it was closed.
funny how a thread gets much worse once americans feel they have to care about an issue

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

see also: the middle east thread every time america invades someone

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

R. Mute posted:

see also: the middle east thread every time america invades someone

But it's always been a terrible thread...?! :confused:

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

:agreed:

it just gets more genocidal if you add more americans

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Luckily MIGF is there now to keep the genocidal advocacy at a proper high at all times.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

VanSandman posted:

Luckily MIGF is there now to keep the genocidal advocacy at a proper high at all times.

Volkerball has always been good at it, though.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
the only not-democrat i've ever voted for was ileana ros-lehtinen specifically for constituent support w/r/t down syndrome which was also the closest i guess i've come to fygm

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I don't believe in voting and wish to be governed by a cadre of strong people.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
oh man i half forgot, reason 90857 coolcab is a lapsed Bahá'í

Bahá’u’lláh required that His followers strictly abstain from conflict and contention, which are characteristics of the partisanship practiced in present-day politics. Bahá’ís, in whatever country they reside, are prohibited from holding membership in any political party.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

euphronius posted:

I don't believe in voting and wish to be governed by a cadre of strong people.

Dissolve the US government, give supreme executive power to the current WWE title belt holder.

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

I can't believe I kissed you!

CoolCab posted:

we are trapped in the belly of this horrible machine and the machine is bleeding to death

CoolCab posted:

the cars on fire and there's no driver at the wheel. and the sewers are all muddied with a thousand lonely suicides. and a dark wind blows.

drat, we are really reaching maximum ennui when we're quoting Godspeed You! Black Emperor voiceovers.

Give me a reason besides "you're a CIS/white male with a master's degree and no debt" to be optimistic for the future?

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

Blindeye posted:

drat, we are really reaching maximum ennui when we're quoting Godspeed You! Black Emperor voiceovers.

Give me a reason besides "you're a CIS/white male with a master's degree and no debt" to be optimistic for the future?

dead flag blues seemed apropos :smith:

edit: you've shorted the poo poo out of eurozone economies maybe? you're an accelerationist, sadist, um, moron?

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

EXAKT Science posted:

Dissolve the US government, give supreme executive power to the current WWE title belt holder.

Sheikie for president he will make rest of the world the humble

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Blindeye posted:

Marvel is making a Black Panther movie.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

VanSandman posted:

I stand firmly against genocide as a course of policy whenever preventable.

When ethnic cleansing cannot be prevented, I'm honest about how I want American-aligned groups survive.

unfortunately, we live in a world where the soviets are attempting to take over Europe by force of arms and through populist political parties. Its unfortunate because that complicates the definition of american-aligned groups

tl;dr I'm an honest schmuck

Baha'ists seem like a decent group, if they're willing to turn out and vote as a bloc

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

My Imaginary GF posted:

I stand firmly against genocide as a course of policy whenever preventable.

When ethnic cleansing cannot be prevented, I'm honest about how I want American-aligned groups survive.

unfortunately, we live in a world where the soviets are attempting to take over Europe by force of arms and through populist political parties. Its unfortunate because that complicates the definition of american-aligned groups

tl;dr I'm an honest schmuck

Baha'ists seem like a decent group, if they're willing to turn out and vote as a bloc

MIGF, clean out your PM inbox- I can't reply to that CAPAG invite you sent me.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Nov 3, 2014

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
They ain't soviets, you dork. they are bog standard russian imperialists. somebody update rahms firmware

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Discendo Vox posted:

MIGF, clean out your PM inbox- I can't reply to that CAPAG invite you sent me.

Done. Thanks for the heads up

E: When you see this, could you try sending me a PM? My box is clear on the website yet still filled on the app.

VanSandman posted:

They ain't soviets, you dork. they are bog standard russian imperialists. somebody update rahms firmware

http://www.businessinsider.com/putin-stole-robert-krafts-super-bowl-ring-2013-6

quote:

"It would really be in the best interest of U.S.-Soviet relations if you meant to give the ring as a present,” Bush said, according to Kraft.

Ex-POTUS disagrees

My Imaginary GF fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Nov 3, 2014

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
gently caress you for reminding me the GWB presidency happened.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

The only good thing Putin has ever done.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

ThirdPartyView posted:

The only good thing Putin has ever done.

Besides fund the rise of Rand Paul and switch Germans off nuclear energy?

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

My Imaginary GF posted:

Besides fund the rise of Rand Paul and switch Germans off nuclear energy?

jesus christ

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
Woo-hoo! Found my voter registration card! Time to go give the ballot box that straight D

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

"jesus christ" that Ukranian hackers were directed to a server with a certain security weakness and did a docudump of all this, or jesus christ you're full of poo poo?

In other news, it looks as if Zimbabwe is headed for thousands of surprise goblin attacks on Christmas this year as the succession crisis intensifies and Grace turns further towards the Chinese for power.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
(MIGF isn't actually saying Putin doing these things was a good thing, but there is at least some evidence that he has done these things) :ssh:

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Discendo Vox posted:

(MIGF isn't actually saying Putin doing these things was a good thing, but there is at least some evidence that he has done these things) :ssh:

I guess Putin probably had the means to push the German political system over the edge wrt nuclear post Fukushima and he certainly had a reason to do so, so I can believe that.

But bankrolling Rand Paul? That's a loving new one. Tell me more, I must embrace the darkness.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
"he's that nutter Ron Paul's kid right? If he hates war as much as his daddy then surely he'll be a good president for my interests!"

Amused to Death
Aug 10, 2009

google "The Night Witches", and prepare for :stare:

quote:

"do me a favor, vote on tuesday"
"I was going to, But what time are the booths open until"
"8"
"I might not make it"
(the polling station in said town is pretty slow, it takes all of 3 minutes to vote, so it's a difference between leaving at 9:30am vs 9:15am)

Liberals.txt

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Shear Modulus posted:

But bankrolling Rand Paul? That's a loving new one. Tell me more, I must embrace the darkness.

Someone with more information on the specifics posted about it within the last few pages of the Eastern Europe thread.

Putin is well known to bankroll populist movements throughout non-non-aligned states in order to promote his interests. Fracking bans in Europe, anti-renewable energy groups, pro-government shutdown factions, anti-government national populist movements running on anti-austerity platforms, you name it. His pockets aren't unlimited; they are, however, deeper once Germany moved away from nuclear power to assist with the European department's total operational funding.

Lest we forget, Putin is the KGB man's KGB man. Wild, "no loving way" operations which skirt both decency and law while advancing his power bases' interests are Putin's calling card.

Now I'm not calling all tea party populists manchurian candidates. I am calling one whose father has deep links to shell holdings for the Russian state out for his deep connection to dark money originating in Moscow and less reputable energy-exporting regions. When I asked the other day the likely public reaction to this stuff in the USPol thread, I wasn't contemplating a purely hypothetical scenario.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
hahahaha

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

Just get SMAC for five bucks and wait for the expansions or a good mod to be made. It's pretty bleh at the moment.

There's gotta be an expansion that gives you a real endgame instead of one edition of "kill everyone" and four different versions of "research this tech, then build this wonder."

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "

CoolCab posted:

dead flag blues seemed apropos :smith:

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

I have a lot of points to make and I will make them later.

My Imaginary GF posted:

Someone with more information on the specifics posted about it within the last few pages of the Eastern Europe thread.

Putin is well known to bankroll populist movements throughout non-non-aligned states in order to promote his interests. Fracking bans in Europe, anti-renewable energy groups, pro-government shutdown factions, anti-government national populist movements running on anti-austerity platforms, you name it. His pockets aren't unlimited; they are, however, deeper once Germany moved away from nuclear power to assist with the European department's total operational funding.

Lest we forget, Putin is the KGB man's KGB man. Wild, "no loving way" operations which skirt both decency and law while advancing his power bases' interests are Putin's calling card.

Now I'm not calling all tea party populists manchurian candidates. I am calling one whose father has deep links to shell holdings for the Russian state out for his deep connection to dark money originating in Moscow and less reputable energy-exporting regions. When I asked the other day the likely public reaction to this stuff in the USPol thread, I wasn't contemplating a purely hypothetical scenario.

The "Last Few Pages" doesn't include the last 6, if you could dig up a link that'd be super cool. I remember talking a good deal about foreign interests being able to pour money into US elections when Citizens United was first decided, along with Scalia's famous "NOT TRUE", but not a lot of talk since then.

DynamicSloth
Jul 30, 2006

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."
So is G. Gordon Liddy not aware that other people have also seen Lawrence of Arabia?

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

zoux they had someone on 91.7 talking about the dangers of water flouridation :ughh:

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Badger of Basra posted:

zoux they had someone on 91.7 talking about the dangers of water flouridation :ughh:

Well, I imagine putting flour in the water supply would definitely cause a lot of damage, mostly by clogging pipes.

The Warszawa
Jun 6, 2005

Look at me. Look at me.

I am the captain now.

Cheekio posted:

The "Last Few Pages" doesn't include the last 6, if you could dig up a link that'd be super cool. I remember talking a good deal about foreign interests being able to pour money into US elections when Citizens United was first decided, along with Scalia's famous "NOT TRUE", but not a lot of talk since then.

Alito, not Scalia.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Well, I imagine putting flour in the water supply would definitely cause a lot of damage, mostly by clogging pipes.

fluoridation* you fucker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Badger of Basra posted:

fluoridation* you fucker

What's with all the swearing? I'm just being a pedantic rear end, as is my wont.

• Locked thread