Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

But I think those are eyes...
(source)
I'm too upset to put in that downs face shooting itself so you'll just have to loving well imagine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

4 injuries and 2 suspensions, taking out 4 of our best players, yes yes yes i love the magic of the cup

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

oh weve finally fixed the defense? and brought in last seasons top scorer? and are looking really freaking good? WIPED OUT BY PERTH :coffeepal:

Adnar
Jul 11, 2002

Seriously though, we have all been pissing ourselves laughing since you signed Anthony Crea as fitness coach and tonight it paid off handsomely.

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)

Adnar posted:

Seriously though, we have all been pissing ourselves laughing since you signed Anthony Crea as fitness coach and tonight it paid off handsomely.

I don't know who that is and I'm choosing to blame this all on some sort of curse instead.

I'm calling the pope

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Shmoses posted:

So Archie injured in the warm up, Berisha, Makarounes and Delpierre during the game, Georgievski and Leijer sent off. Worst away trip ever. Season ruining stuff.

The Magic Of The Cup :smug:

...also, RIP In Peace :(
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6CtyYTwe4E

Adnar
Jul 11, 2002

Tongues posted:

I don't know who that is and I'm choosing to blame this all on some sort of curse instead.

I'm calling the pope

He's the MV Fitness Coach who looks like this:

He was at Sydney last year (came in with Farina) and is known to be a dinosaur.

Before taking over he took potshots at our sports science department on twitter after we had a few injuries

I Know a lot of people in the club and his methods were basically chuck out all the GPS equipment and get the lads doing hill sprints.

We then had loads of soft tissue injuries (and Jason Culina walked out because he couldn't manage his injuries under the regime_

When he left we rejoiced more than Farina going.

Then he went to MV

This status is the potshot he made before he had the job: https://twitter.com/anthcrea/status/267449076965048321 it came back to bite him in the arse if you see the later dated replies #sad

Adnar fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Oct 30, 2014

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
I wept when andrew clark went to sydney. He is that drat good.

Although this Tim Knight we have now seems pretty good, Clark seems to be at the absolute forefront of sports science. Sydney will be uber fit at the back of the season and will at least bag the plate in my eyes because they will be able to keep the one team on the park relatively consistently.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Miller had a strop and walked out of the Roar to pursue a career in gently caress knows what.

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
I don't understand how someone like that keeps getting work - I know Essendon has taught us all that sports clubs are retarded entities when it comes to hiring and firing sometimes, but surely at some point a reputation in a league as small as ours makes a difference. Even more so when you look at the cannibalism of staff.

Gonna be interesting on Monday, I'll be making my way to Aami to see if our plan E strikers are any good

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

Tongues posted:

Gonna be interesting on Monday, I'll be making my way to Aami to see if our plan E strikers are any good
Me too, you gonna be boozin it beforehand?

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Heading out tonight with some laaaaaadies (and my wife) so I'll be missing the United game. But come on you Reds!

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)

Shmoses posted:

Me too, you gonna be boozin it beforehand?

Oh l Christ yes. I'm catching the train up from Geelong at some point in the arvo and getting spastic. If you're in the city lets get kicked out together

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Heading out tonight with some laaaaaadies (and my wife) so I'll be missing the United game. But come on you Reds!

I love how happy Mabil looks in his pregame photo, dude just loves scoring and knows he's destined for big things

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
Geeeeooool mafuckers!

Anyone who has replay, check out the guy wearing the creepy face mask behind Duff as he takes the corner

Mustafa
Jun 3, 2007
Hay, screw you
Same old Melbourne Shart.

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)

Mustafa posted:

Same old Melbourne Shart.

I think they'd lost the last 6 games of the season last year, so if they lose this it'll be ten games without a win. Even Vant Schip barely even celebrated when they got the goal

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

Tongues posted:

Oh l Christ yes. I'm catching the train up from Geelong at some point in the arvo and getting spastic. If you're in the city lets get kicked out together
Yep I'll be in Richmond somewhere I'd say

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
That looked a little divey.

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)

MiniSune posted:

That looked a little divey.

Yeah definitely had that vibe in replay, but match speed redmayne was always hosed there.

That young bloke is awesome though, where did Gombau unearth him?

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

Tongues posted:

That young bloke is awesome though, where did Gombau unearth him?

Don't know but he looks like he can do "things".

Also you will never win things with David Williams.

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)

MiniSune posted:

Don't know but he looks like he can do "things".

Also you will never win things with David Williams.

Just checked, apparently he's a local from Adelaide Olympic.

In addition, I've never felt so sorry for city fans/happy to not be a city fan as Villa dribbled past the entire Adelaide left wing and all David Williams had to do was not be David Williams and it would have been a goal. Honestly when your options up front are Dugandzic and Williams you might as well just play defenders cos you'll never score with that mob. Failing that just send Duff up front as a battering ram on his ownl

Mustafa
Jun 3, 2007
Hay, screw you
You can rebrand a club all you want, but what Melbourne City need is a complete root and branch overhaul. from top to bottom. Some of those players are clearly not good enough.

Mustafa
Jun 3, 2007
Hay, screw you
Perth Glory and Newcastle Jets. 0-0 at half time. 2badteams.gif

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

Mustafa posted:

Perth Glory and Newcastle Jets. 0-0 at half time. 2badteams.gif

Missed first half, seems to have not been a bad thing.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Being a Jest supporter is depressing

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

bowmore posted:

Being a Jest supporter is depressing

Join me at the brisbane roar pity party, there is room for everyone!

Webcormac McCarthy
Nov 26, 2007
gently caress me the cunts are going to Morocco. I'll never hear the end of it

E: wowsers https://vine.co/v/OOizq2MbDnx

Webcormac McCarthy fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Nov 1, 2014

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

:stare:

Jeez!

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
Excellent, a timely reminder to never be an arrogant oval office to your opponent.

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)

Holy poo poo. Can't believe I forgot about this and slept through.

Although, Melbourne beat wanderers, Perth beat Melbourne, Perth are the reigning Asian champions??

Mustafa
Jun 3, 2007
Hay, screw you
Does anyone know why the Roar aren't playing this weekend? And don't say because they're being investigated for crimes against football.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Holy poo poo those penalty calls from last night :lol:

The Doomhammer
Feb 14, 2010

Edit: nothing to see here, got my info wrong

Anyway, blasted wanderers! now we aren't the most successful Australian club in asia any more.

The Doomhammer fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Nov 2, 2014

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)

LordPants posted:

Holy poo poo those penalty calls from last night :lol:

They definitely got the rub of the green, I think I counted at least 2 deadset penalties and 2 more probables. Adds a bit to the narrative though I guess, Al-Hilal definitely didn't do much to endear themselves to anyone with all the media build up and poo poo - although now we will have the media fellating Popa even more at every opportunity.

Kinda glad we got a win over them early! They'll bounce back in the league now I think

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)

The Doomhammer posted:

Edit: nothing to see here, got my info wrong

Anyway, blasted wanderers! now we aren't the most successful Australian club in asia any more.

Wouldn't despair too much, the way Gumby has you lot humming and purring I can't see Adelaide not making a fair dent on the ACL given the opportunity

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
Minisune suicide watch?

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

Tongues posted:

Minisune suicide watch?

Watched the remainder of the RL test, flicked over saw score and it seems about right.

FFA cup is our only chance of silver, there is no fairytale this year.

Edit: There is no hard drive big enough to store "Mariners poo poo Penalties.MP4"

MiniSune fucked around with this message at 08:55 on Nov 2, 2014

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
T minus 4 hours til Wellington swoop in to try and beat up the wounded corpse of Melbourne and mate with our comely women. Drinking status: LIQOURLAND STOCKTAKE SALE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

I'm not going to the game tonight because I'm working until 7 so I'll be drinking at home watching on a lovely chinese stream

• Locked thread