Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

RyokoTK posted:

I guess on the subject, is Minish Cap on the VC? Clearly I need a refresher because I haven't played it since it came out.

Yep, it came out this summer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

RyokoTK posted:

I guess on the subject, is Minish Cap on the VC? Clearly I need a refresher because I haven't played it since it came out.

Minish Cap is really good, I like it a lot and just clicked through Ezlo's commentary.

And I kind of liked Ezlo, I prefer my Zelda side-kicks to talk trash about Link (see: Midna).

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
Ezlo's cool because he's a grumpy old man strapped to your head and also his animations are cute

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
I was apparently thinking of Enzo. This thread has been all about Bayo and I got confused :(

Shelf Adventure
Jul 18, 2006
I'm down with that brother

RyokoTK posted:

I was apparently thinking of Enzo. This thread has been all about Bayo and I got confused :(

That's that assasin's creed guy, right?

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Shelf Adventure posted:

That's that assasin's creed guy, right?

No, that's the little kid from ReBoot.

zfleeman
Mar 12, 2014

I wonder how you spell Tabasco.
With my external hard drive and the Smash Bros. GC controller adapter, my Wii U will have all of its USB ports occupied. That doesn't bug me a whole lot because I have no other need for the ports, but the gamecube controller adapter in the front of my system will look unsightly.

Will a USB hub work if I want all of those USB cords in the back?

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Some devices should work fine through an unpowered hub. An externally-powered hard drive or an ethernet adapter should be OK, for example.

Where it gets tricky is with devices that use two USB ports (like the GC adapter or an external drive that uses a Y cable), since generally that corresponds to a greater power demand. In those cases, you wouldn't necessarily want to run both cables through a hub that connects them both to the same port.

One solution might be to get a powered USB hub that plugs into the wall.

MaxDuo
Aug 13, 2010
Amazon somehow sent me two copies of Bayonetta 2.

Clearly I have to buy a second Wii U now.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

MaxDuo posted:

Amazon somehow sent me two copies of Bayonetta 2.

Clearly I have to buy a second Wii U now.

How much less than $60 would you sell it to me for?

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG
Enjoying Bayonetta 2 a lot but spending all my halos on these silly Nintendo costumes. Is there anything essential I should be buying instead?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Bass Bottles posted:

Enjoying Bayonetta 2 a lot but spending all my halos on these silly Nintendo costumes. Is there anything essential I should be buying instead?

NO

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Bass Bottles posted:

If you aren't playing Murder Barbie Dressup you're playing the game wrong.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

RyokoTK posted:

I wish Enzo would be in the next Zelda game

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

Suspicious Cook posted:

If you aren't playing Murder Barbie Dressup you're playing the game wrong.

Good because I wasn't going to stop until I got them all anyway.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I bought a boatload of the costumes from the second super mirror 64 thinking it would be for Jeanne.

I then found out they were just adding the beehive hair to the costumes on Bayo instead and got salty. Can you use Jeanne's Nintendo costumes in Tag Climax? She has a orange one in the story if you use Fox Bayonetta complete with the Wolfen instead and Wolfs team keychains.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Bass Bottles posted:

I'd recommend you at least buy Bat Within, which allows you to dodge slightly late and get away with it. Stiletto and Afterburner Kick are also good for getting to an enemy quickly when you're using melee weapons.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

Suaimhneas posted:

I'd recommend you at least buy Bat Within, which allows you to dodge slightly late and get away with it. Stiletto and Afterburner Kick are also good for getting to an enemy quickly when you're using melee weapons.

I think I already had Stiletto and Afterburner Kick, so I'll look into Bat Within. Thanks :)

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Bass Bottles posted:

I think I already had Stiletto and Afterburner Kick, so I'll look into Bat Within. Thanks :)

Bat Within is really good. The other inexpensive moves are pretty unnecessary, but good if you want more complex move inputs I guess. Make sure you have the Starfox costume on before playing Chapter XVI. Try not to let the super lovely controls of that chapter detract from what is otherwise an excellent game.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

enojy posted:

Make sure you have the Starfox costume on before playing Chapter XVI. Try not to let the super lovely controls of that chapter detract from what is otherwise an excellent game.

OR, don't.

Like, it's not that cool. I think both Bayo and Jeanne are so much better in their normal costumes.

Bat Within is amazing. I couldn't get it to work at all in the first game, but it's so easy to trigger now.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

Are people genuinely using different combos? My strategy has pretty much been to spam the 5-punch combo over and over while dodging every attack to activate witch time and I feel dumb but it works. The other combos seem weaker.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Bass Bottles posted:

Are people genuinely using different combos? My strategy has pretty much been to spam the 5-punch combo over and over while dodging every attack to activate witch time and I feel dumb but it works. The other combos seem weaker.

:cripes:

Pegged Lamb
Nov 5, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
Just got done with Pikmin 3. What an ordeal

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

please save me from my ignorance

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Pegged Lamb posted:

The final boss really is something, isn't it.

Wild Knight
Mar 27, 2010

Foul villain! I do not flee. I will never turn my back on you and run away!

[he says, running away]
Just for some variety try punch-kick-punch. That throws out a wicked weave really quickly and does some good damage.

Also I just did the final Jeanne fight in Bayo 1 and holy poo poo that might be the coolest drat boss fight I've ever played.

All Frogs
Sep 18, 2014

Pegged Lamb posted:

I just started it a few days ago. How much of an ordeal does it actually become?

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Do you find have fun and enjoying some great art direction an ordeal?

because then it's a massive ordeal

All Frogs
Sep 18, 2014

Cake Attack posted:

Sweet. I can handle those kinds of ordeals. I'm enjoying the game a lot so far. It's so very, very pretty.

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.
Pikmin 3 is an amazing game that improves the formula of the first two, adding stunning visuals, amazing level design, and absolutely perfect new mechanics for captain control. It's probably one of my favorite games of all time, not even kidding.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

allfrogs247 posted:

Sweet. I can handle those kinds of ordeals. I'm enjoying the game a lot so far. It's so very, very pretty.

The final level and boss are the most difficult things the Pikmin series has ever done, but in an extremely awesome way. The rest of the game isn't any harder than previous entries.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
They patched in stylus controls and I got the game after that and it felt right and didn't understand that there were other methods because I didn't need to think about it.

Pegged Lamb
Nov 5, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Cake Attack posted:

The fruit names were the things I enjoyed most. Dialogue was cute too. The controls and camera angles can eat a diet of hell.

All Frogs
Sep 18, 2014

Regy Rusty posted:

The final level and boss are the most difficult things the Pikmin series has ever done, but in an extremely awesome way. The rest of the game isn't any harder than previous entries.

That's good to know. I haven't found the game to be too difficult so far. There have been a few times I've gotten stuck briefly but those were largely because I just didn't notice something insanely obvious.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

enojy posted:

Well, I can't pretend to understand why you bought Wii Party U, but if you decide to buy a Wiimote down the line, you can pretty much replace the game for free by buying it from Amazon.

Wii U Party was my first game from Gamefly as a rental, sorry. Did not buy it. I have other games.

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

Pegged Lamb posted:

The fruit names were the things I enjoyed most. Dialogue was cute too. The controls and camera angles can eat a diet of hell.
The only camera angle I ever had any trouble with was the really bad low-angle you're stuck with when fighting the first boss. As for controls, I honestly do not know what you're talking about. I guess Pikmin's set-up takes getting used to - either you move where your cursor moves, or (if you use the Wii remote) you have to re-center the camera every time you wanna' look around, but it really ain't that bad.

allfrogs247 posted:

That's good to know. I haven't found the game to be too difficult so far. There have been a few times I've gotten stuck briefly but those were largely because I just didn't notice something insanely obvious.
Yeah, if you're lookin' for challenge in Pikmin 3, you can probably find it in the missions, particularly DLC missions 11-15. I'm still trying to get platinum on those.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Oh hey, it's Nintendo Direct time again! November 5, showcasing games for both Wii U and 3DS:

http://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct/11-05-2014/ (2PM Pacific)
http://www.nintendo.co.uk/nintendodirect (10PM UK)

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Who picks these seemingly random times? Last time it was at 3pm pacific so there's at least the chance people in the eastern time zone are home from work and people in the west coast are home from school.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

greatn posted:

Who picks these seemingly random times? Last time it was at 3pm pacific so there's at least the chance people in the eastern time zone are home from work and people in the west coast are home from school.

Yeah, 5pm is my commute time, so I guess I'm watching it after it's over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Oh hey, it's Nintendo Direct time again! November 5, showcasing games for both Wii U and 3DS:

http://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct/11-05-2014/ (2PM Pacific)
http://www.nintendo.co.uk/nintendodirect (10PM UK)

Part of me presumes that the Wii U stuff will focus on Smash and Captain Toad, with maybe quick mentions of Sonic Boom and the MK8 DLC. Seriously doubt we'll see anything scheduled for after Christmas though, given the obvious reasons to focus on more imminent releases.

• Locked thread