Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
will I later regret not putting effort into this poll?
Yes
No
View Results

• Locked thread
Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Knifegrab posted:

Mouse on... oh god... PC... what have I done!?

Don't worry, there will still be literally dozens of people playing on PC by the time it's fixed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp
Protip, when you are new and pretty rusty like me. Take the scorestreak add on that carries your points through death. Itdoubles the cost but its nice to actually get poo poo up every game at least. Also that goliath scorestreak is ridiculous a full clip in the face barely phases it.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Dum Cumpster posted:

Don't worry, there will still be literally dozens of people cheating on PC by the time it's fixed.

Press f to make work end

Fffffffff

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Soul Glo posted:

I got an Elite gun. Is this like a purple or orange drop or what.

To add to this does anyone have a link or something with the tiers and what the hell they mean? I did get an Elite SMG that the first 5 bullets do more damage which means it's a death machine.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Jeff Gerstmann liked it, saying it's better than the last two games but it's not groundbreaking like MW1 was. Four stars out of five.

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

So I haven't bought a COD game since MW2 but I had a shocking amount of twitchy console shooting fun with Destiny so I was thinking of getting this on PS4 since it actually has a fleshed out competitive multiplayer (and I got Titanfall on PC), how have people been liking the console version? (Why the gently caress would you ever by COD on the PC?)

Tha_Joker_GAmer
Aug 16, 2006
do they still have grenade launchers

A SWELL DUDE
Feb 8, 2005

Never been wrecked in a goon group like last night. I think we had about a .3 W/L after around 20 games. Lost the only Momentum game we played, lost EVERY Uplink we played (pretty badly at that), and even had some Doms that we only won by like one or two points or even tied.
- Shotguns suck dick from what I saw last night. I'm hoping it might be like MW3 where they're terrible until you get a few attachments, at which point they're amazing. I got hitmarkers with the pump action shotty more often that not, even from like 10 ft. away. The S12 was even worse...I would get three or four hitmarkers from close range and still not have a kill to show for it.

- Love the movement. The game feels so much faster now.

- A lot of the killstreaks feel very underwhelming, and they're made even worse by the perks you get straight out of the gate. The stock Warbird feels like it stays in the air all of 10 seconds, and if you're lucky enough to find someone NOT running the stealth perk, it seems like it takes way too many bullets to kill. I'm sure it gets better with the extra modules, but I feel like there's no incentive to use it otherwise. Haven't tried the Paladin yet.

- I like the new game modes a lot. Momentum is a good spin on the standard point capturing formula. Uplink is cool too, but it takes a fuckton more coordination and teamwork than something like Domination and is definitely frustrating to play when everyone isn't on the same page. I'm glad Hardpoint is back, but they desperately need raised borders for the capture area. It's drat near impossible to see that little yellow line sometimes.

- I know the game just came out, and there's still a lot to learn, but I just can't see how it would ever be possible to get a DNA Bomb without camping your rear end off. The game is way too fast, and you are vulnerable from drat near every loving angle imaginable. It's a little disappointing since it was possible in MW3 and Ghosts to gets MOABs/KEMs while running around like a madman as long as you played smart. I just can't see that happening in this game.

Fruit-by-the-Foot Fetish
Aug 3, 2012
If you were on the receiving end of the lag comp that plagued MW3, that's exactly what AW is like - half second sight advantages for the high latency player and extrapolation warping like none other thanks to p2p packet loss.

metachronos
Sep 11, 2001

When I roll, baby I roll DEEP
Somebody add me to the bone list, gt is metachronos

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

GET MY BELT SON posted:

what are the feelings on good assault rifles and shotguns?

The AK clone is solid.

Liu posted:

do they still have grenade launchers

They're wrist mounted now, but they don't explode on impact. :(

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
Is there anyway to disable double tap quick dodge on PC?

all apologies
May 13, 2008

woah

Catpiss Neverclean posted:

So uhhh any goons playing this on PS4?

PSN is squarpushr

Add me

all apologies
May 13, 2008

woah

Just after playing ten games I can tell you its better than the last one. Ghosts was fun so we will see how this plays out.

I really want to play with a solid group so feel free to add me on PSN since I picked up a ps4 instead of a xb1.

PSN is squarpushr

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp
HOLY gently caress DEATH MICS ARE BACK

all apologies
May 13, 2008

woah
Is liquid still around? His forum name is always changing

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

RonMexicosPitbull posted:

HOLY gently caress DEATH MICS ARE BACK

:woop:

Today is gonna be awesome.

de_dust
Jan 21, 2009

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
I hope Wings of Redemption picks this up!!!!

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010
shotgunning with overcharge will never get old, AMR is a really good 3 burst gun, and on the water map use the pipe tunnel to cap b if you play dom

Baron FU
Apr 3, 2009
I wish I could get host just once in my life. 9/10 of my games have been 1bar games, in older CoDs tthere were maybe 1/200. On PS4 by the way. 100/10MB internet.

Anyone else have similar experience with laggy games?

Baron FU fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Nov 3, 2014

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

This is by far the best CoD/mp shooter since MW2, I'm enjoying it a lot. The maps are really, really fun and the guns sound beefy as a poo poo burrito.

all apologies
May 13, 2008

woah

Baron FU posted:

I wish I could get host just once in my life. 9/10 of my games have been 1bar games. 1bar games in older CoDs were maybe 1/200.

Anyone else have similar experience with laggy games?

Been smooth so far for me.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Well for lack of any better ideas, clan name is chosen, and it's up and running or whatever. Hit me up on steam, /id/dreffen for an invite or something.

Also playing so come play and join mumble and talk poo poo about this game while you have fun:

Reticulated Splines
vx38.commandchannel.com
Port 31463

dreffen fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Nov 3, 2014

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

de_dust posted:

I hope Wings of Redemption picks this up!!!!

Didn't he kill himself?

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
If you are on PC you can edit a config file to set your max prefered latency. It defaults to 800 because:

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Dum Cumpster posted:

Didn't he kill himself?

Please don't compare good goons like Der Juicen to people such as him, thanks.

Dirk Funk
Mar 17, 2009
I'm leaning towards hating myself while eating poo poo from a sock and maybe picking this up tonight for PS4...MAYBE.

I only have Dankins and Venutolo on my list right now. If anyone else is on PS4 and wants to add me my PSN is ZombeeRainbows.

Ugh.

Morbleu
Jun 13, 2006
Anyone having trouble playing on the same network as another person? We have two ps4s hooked up, and we can't both be in the same party at the same time, it just kicks both of us. We have ports forwarded and static IPs on both. Thought CoD says my ps4 is "NAT moderate" and the other is "NAT open" for some loving reason

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

Uh, so this game has loot. Like, weapons with different stats. Call of Diablo. I'm going to lose a lot of time to this

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Knifegrab posted:

If you are on PC you can edit a config file to set your max prefered latency. It defaults to 800 because:

Please post more tweaks cause I'm too loving lazy to google em (not sarcasm).

Also this 30 minute helmet rules.

Oliax
Aug 19, 2011

Bavaro-Mancunian
Friendship Society
So, will those of us who like to... errr... "Stay in one spot for an above average amount of time", have to do without claymores / IEDs / Bouncing Betties this time around?

Not sure my old man reflexes can handle lightweight SMG run and gun (and jump) anymore.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

I am at work but can someone who has the mouse issues confirm that this fixes the stupid sensitivity thing:

quote:

Try this in the config file
Change seta r_elevatedPriority "1" to seta r_elevatedPriority "0".

Fix for the max ping issue on PC:

quote:

First off, go to your default installation directory. In my case, that's:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Call of Duty Advanced Warfare
Now, click on that "players2" folder. Inside there's a .cfg titled "config_mp". Select that and hit CTRL+F. Type in "ping" and toggle until you find the following:
cl_maxPing "800"'
Eugh, 800ms? That's too high. Even with dedicated servers (of which we don't know much about), that's too drat much leeway. Let's bring it down a bit.
cl_maxPing "200"

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."

Mnoba posted:

and on the water map use the pipe tunnel to cap b if you play dom

Truth. Alternatively, hang out in the little room the pipe connects to and shotgun people trying to do the same.

Oliax posted:

So, will those of us who like to... errr... "Stay in one spot for an above average amount of time", have to do without claymores / IEDs / Bouncing Betties this time around?

There's a grenade drone you can drop which loiters and seeks out anyone who gets near it.

Esk1
Dec 19, 2007

all apologies posted:

Is liquid still around? His forum name is always changing

He is the op..............

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
which key do you use for the verticality jumping

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

Funkmaster General posted:

Uh, so this game has loot. Like, weapons with different stats. Call of Diablo. I'm going to lose a lot of time to this

I just got a care package loot for the next game at the 2 minute mark too outside of actual game.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
My physical copy is out for delivery. I skimmed the last few pages, so this iteration seems...decent?

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
This game is fun on PC.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

After unlocking all the stuff for the heavy shield I can safely say that planting the shield is something you never want to do under any circumstances. Getting it to plant is extremely squirrely, especially in proximity to other people. This makes the mostly useless Shock Plant completely useless because the sweet spot between planting close enough to hit and far enough to successfully plant is very small. Also hitting someone with the shockwave just disorients them slightly for a second, presumably so they can't shoot you while you draw your secondary gun. But they usually still can.

Faster melee is bitchin', though, and I highly recommend it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
How long does it take to get used to a controller for FPS? I was very, very competitive back in the Q3A rail only days and I've only been playing FPS on a controller since Destiny came out. Does the fine accuracy and control come or is this just how it will be for me?

• Locked thread