Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
The only time the twist could have worked waaaaaaas episode 1, when it implied they might have been ghosts.

Turns out no, they weren't. And if you watched past episode 1 that became very clear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

I didn't see it coming. :smith: Then again, I don't tend to think very much while watching Sentai, so that's probably on me.

EDIT: CSM Decadriver Review featuring Mr. World Destroyer himself and also Belt Voice Guy. That guy is amazing, I would never say anything without that voice if I was him.

EDIT2: ToQ-Oh Rainbow looks infinitely better than I expected.

Cipher Pol 9 fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Oct 28, 2014

Jarlath
Apr 4, 2006
So I've got this theory bouncing around in my head that we'll see a ToQ #7 in the near future. So far we have Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, and Pink rangers. Stretching Pink to roughly equal Indigo, to complete the colors of the rainbow (ROYGBIV) all we need is a Violet ranger. And who do we know with a clear purple/violet color theme but the Emperor of Darkness himself, Zed, who has also been characterized as not fitting in with the other Shadow line bros because of his obsession with the shining or whatever. I was thinking he would just betray the shadow line initially, but in recent episodes he's been more aggressive and evil so I'm not sure. Alternately, Grita was pretty evil when she was the empress so that could push him over.

Or I could just be thinking too much about IMAGINATION trains...

PS. Wild card theory: Grita is literally purple and therefore will obviously become the 7th.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

We've known there will be a seventh ToQger since Diesel-oh, at the very least. The control panel for Diesel shows ToQ-1 to 6, as well as ToQ-0, which we clearly don't have yet. The movie didn't have ToQ-0, so we can guess he'll appear in the series itself.

About who it will be, I expected Zed as well at first, but by this point I'm more convinced he'll stay as the final boss of the series. Then again, maybe we'll have an evil Ranger as his final form, like Enter? It'd fit him.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
I thought we concluded the 0 was a O for TOQ Oh.

If we saw there would be a seventh ToQger, wouldn't he be in scans by now?

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Solaris Knight posted:

I thought we concluded the 0 was a O for TOQ Oh.

If we saw there would be a seventh ToQger, wouldn't he be in scans by now?

Well, I'm looking at a scan right now of a ToQ 0... but you're still right because this is from ToQ vs Kyolug, and the 0 definitely isn't as round as the O on the dashboard.

There's also a ToQ -100.

They're just showing up as red and pink in the scans, irrespectively.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

ToQ-0 will clearly be Wagon.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
Apparently this is the prototype Ninninja suit.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

mikeycp posted:

Apparently this is the prototype Ninninja suit.

That is vintage 90s Sentai and I hope they stick with it.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Oh, is it New Sentai rumor time again? So we're getting ninjas again. Cool

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

Liar Lyre posted:

Oh, is it New Sentai rumor time again? So we're getting ninjas again. Cool

The only problem is no Sentai theme is as good as Secret Kakuranger.

Just do a cover of that but find and replace Nininger.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
It reminds me a lot of Ninja Captor, the most unofficial sentai of all.

Ninjasaurus
Feb 11, 2014

This is indeed a disturbing universe.

Solaris Knight posted:

The only problem is no Sentai theme is as good as Secret Kakuranger.

Just do a cover of that but find and replace Nininger.

Ohranger's theme is almost as good. Almost.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
How easily you forget the best sentai theme

Go over time and space~

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
Best Ohranger song.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Irc2AzH0lG4

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Go over time and space~

This guy knows what's up. Honorary mention: Shinkenger. The "chan bara bara chan bara" part is really catchy.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Go over time and space~
Second best. It's a close second, but it's still second best.

Iku ze Mega! Kawaru ze Mega! Taikutsu to wa osaraba sa!

And Go-Onger is in third.

I'm still surprised this got used in Gokaiger over the actual Ohranger theme.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I loved the Go Onger theme before I even got into to toku(aside from Power Rangers).

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
How has no one mentioned Dekaranger?

Also, I have a soft spot for the first Go-Busters song. Way better than its replacement.

Modern Day Hercules
Apr 26, 2008
No. Kakuranger's theme sounds like a Paula Abdul single and is so perfectly keyed into the time that it existed that future historians will be able to tell what week that song was written just by listening to it. It's the best theme for sure.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Some Numbers posted:

How has no one mentioned Dekaranger?

Also, I have a soft spot for the first Go-Busters song. Way better than its replacement.

The first Go-Busters is definitely the best in my heart. I really do like ToQger's though. Not sure why, I just do. Maybe it's the "Gata goto" part.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I like how Drive sort of shittalks his opponents. "Man you're a pretty quiet guy. I bet dates are really awkward for you" e: Also how Brain roidmude is distraught over how all his comrades are rowdy assholes

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

On this week's trains...

I loving lost it when Akira kissed that fatass. I saw it coming, but it was still hilarious. Super angry Tokatti was awesome too. In two weeks: ToQ-Rainbow looks a lot better in the series than in the toy. Which is great, because the toy, like every ToQger mecha, looks horrible.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
The best ED is a tie between Go-Busters and Sambasaurs because on the one hand dancing dinosaurs and on the other crotch thrusting robots.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Blaze Dragon posted:

On this week's trains...

I loving lost it when Akira kissed that fatass. I saw it coming, but it was still hilarious. Super angry Tokatti was awesome too. In two weeks: ToQ-Rainbow looks a lot better in the series than in the toy. Which is great, because the toy, like every ToQger mecha, looks horrible.

Tei-Oh, Build Dai-Oh and Diesel-Oh don't look terrible.

Okay, Tei-Oh looks really clunky in motion, but the other two don't look terrible when they fight.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

It's Kamen Rider Mach!

He's The Stig.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

He looks so Showa, it's amazing. :allears:

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

And speaking of Showa, KITsubs finished with Kamen Rider Stronger

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Are those the same shape of headlight eyes that Chaser has?

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
Mach looks really cool. They're really knocking it dead with suit designs this time around.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

And Drive is actually decent, unlike the last series with really good suit design!

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Waffleman_ posted:

And Drive is actually decent, unlike the last series with really good suit design!

What are you talking about, Double was amazing.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Some Numbers posted:

What are you talking about, Double was amazing.

So was OOO.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Ha ha guys.

In other news, we're getting a movie Sakamoto made last year on DVD.

It looks pretty bad.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Waffleman_ posted:

Ha ha guys.

It looks pretty bad.

It was pretty bad.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Waffleman_ posted:

Ha ha guys.

It looks pretty bad.

Who doesn't want to stare at Nao Nagasawa for an hour and a half or so? I have heard it was pretty bad though.

Chromius
Aug 5, 2014

Stays shiny, even in milk.
I'm actually glad that TOQger is actually doing something with its big twist: that now they can get away with characterizing the TOQgers as actual kids. Especially in this latest episode where Mio is genuinely terrible at pretending to be in a romantic relationship and in general acts like love is icky.

I stiil think Akira is still the funniest character in the show.

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Just saw the fist few episodes of Kamen Rider Kabuto, and I came away with the impression that Tendou Souji's ego is so big it affects reality.
I love it.

The pure self-assuredness is so amazing to see in action.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Pharohman777 posted:

Just saw the fist few episodes of Kamen Rider Kabuto, and I came away with the impression that Tendou Souji's ego is so big it affects reality.
I love it.

The pure self-assuredness is so amazing to see in action.
People either really love, or really hate Tendou, but Kagami is the true main character and the supporting cast is the best part of the show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

mikeycp posted:

So was OOO.
And Fourze.

Flameingblack posted:

My best friend Ka-GA-mi is the true main character

Perigryn fucked around with this message at 09:35 on Nov 8, 2014

• Locked thread