Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Here's the SMT4 DLC schedule:

quote:

Available beginning 30 October

Visage Pack (Free)
-- This pack offers several character customization options that are purely for aesthetics.
White Samurai Apparel (Free until 30 Nov., then €0,69/£0.59) -- Strong beginning-game armor that is easily attainable.
Experience of the Afterlife (€1,49/£1.19) -- Additional area where players can earn additional Experience at an accelerated rate. Accessible early-game and allows for a new demon to fuse.

Available beginning 6 November

Symbolic Equipment (€0,69/£0.59)
-- Deliver Quest that unlocks the Freedom Armor. Accessibly early game.
Death Has Its Applications (€1,99/£1.59) -- Additional area where players can earn App Points at an accelerated rate. Accessible mid-game and allows for a new demon to fuse.
Underworld Money-Maker (€1,99/£1.59) -- Additional area where players can earn Macca at an accelerated rate. Accessible mid-game and allows for a new demon to fuse.

Available beginning 13 November

Overlord Equipment (€0,99/£0.75)
-- Delivery quest that unlocks Demon's Skin armor. Accessible early game, but the armor is suited for mid-game.
Clipped Wings 1 (€1,79/£1.49) -- Add-on Challenge quest to beat two Archangels, allowing you to fuse them. The content pertains to the main story, and is accessible end-game.

Available beginning 20 November

Snake Scale Equipment (€0,99/£0.75
) -- Delivery quest that unlocks the Deity Scale armor. Can be accessed early game, but the Deity Scale armor is most suited for mid- to late-game.
Clipped Wings 2 (€1,79/£1.49) -- Add-on Challenge quest to beat two more Archangels, allowing you to fuse them. The content pertains to the main story, and is accessible end-game.

Available beginning 27 November

Ancient One of the Sun (€0,99/£0.75)
-- Add-on Challenge quest to beat the Ancient of Days and unlock it for fusing. The content pertains to the main story, and is accessible post-game.
The Eternal Youth (€1,79/£1.49) -- Add-on Challenge quest to beat the Eternal Youth Sanat Kumara and unlock it for fusing. The content pertains to the main story, and is accessible post-game.

Available beginning 4 December

Radiant Equipment (€0,99/£0.75)
-- Delivery quest that unlocks the Traje de Luces armor. Can be accessed early game, but the armor is most suited for mid- to late-game.
For the Past... For the Future (€1,99/£1.59) -- Add-on Challenge quest to beat the guardian deity Masakado and unlock it for fusing. The content pertains to the main story, and is accessible post-game with all other challenges complete.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
I'm definitely going to buy Demon's Crest, and I want to get Gargoyle's Quest 2 but I'm not sure if I want it on Wii U or 3DS. Just going to take this opportunity to say once again that it's dumb that Nintendo doesn't have cross buy.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"

PneumonicBook posted:

I'm definitely going to buy Demon's Crest, and I want to get Gargoyle's Quest 2 but I'm not sure if I want it on Wii U or 3DS. Just going to take this opportunity to say once again that it's dumb that Nintendo doesn't have cross buy.

Yeah, I agree with that. I'd buy it on 3DS just so you can have it on the go.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
I kinda love how Nintendo updates the theme for the eShop depending on the date. The sweet Halloween music and bad Halloween puns this week are adorable.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Alright, i'll just buy a 16 or 32 gig flash drive and go for it. :)

Invest in a terabyte hard drive when you can though, I have an externally powered 2 tb I got for roughly a hundo and it's more than I'll ever need. Wish I could do that with my 360. :(

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

codenameFANGIO posted:

Wish I could do that with my 360. :(

Uh, can't you? I was under the impression that 360s can also have external drives hooked up.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Sarchasm posted:

Uh, can't you? I was under the impression that 360s can also have external drives hooked up.

The One can but the 360 uses up to 32 gb thumb drives or their proprietary hard drives and that's it. They just released a 500 gb but I am going to have to pay as much as I did for my 2 tb external for it. :(

PoshAlligator
Jan 9, 2012

When SEO just isn't enough.

PneumonicBook posted:

I don't remember people complaining when they had to buy Chuck Rock at full price for both Mega Drive and Game Gear. Typical entitled modern gamers.

(it's a joke)

Shelf Adventure
Jul 18, 2006
I'm down with that brother

PoshAlligator posted:

I don't remember people complaining when they had to buy Chuck Rock at full price for both Mega Drive and Game Gear. Typical entitled modern gamers.

(it's a joke)

Where have all the caveman themed games go? It seems like in the 90s they were everywhere. Even super mario world

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

Shelf Adventure posted:

Where have all the caveman themed games go? It seems like in the 90s they were everywhere. Even super mario world

World was only a caveman thing in the cartoon.

Shelf Adventure
Jul 18, 2006

RMZXAnarchy posted:

World was only a caveman thing in the cartoon.

I dunno man, they added a poo poo load of dinosaur enemies like the fortress bosses and chocolate island

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

codenameFANGIO posted:

The One can but the 360 uses up to 32 gb thumb drives or their proprietary hard drives and that's it. They just released a 500 gb but I am going to have to pay as much as I did for my 2 tb external for it. :(

Although it is an enormous pain in the rear end, if you really want to ensure you never have to download anything again, you can then backup those 32 gig data files to a PC and restore them later. The only thing is the flash drive will have 32 gigs of files regardless of how much is actually on there, so you'll have to distribute games oddly to "max out" the drive.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

Shelf Adventure posted:

Where did all the vampire games go? Every game in the 80's had Dracula as a boss including Ducktales and Flintstones, neither of which made sense.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

codenameFANGIO posted:

Invest in a terabyte hard drive when you can though, I have an externally powered 2 tb I got for roughly a hundo and it's more than I'll ever need. Wish I could do that with my 360. :(

I want to, but whenever I look at it i'm just thinking "I'd be paying more than a game's worth when i could save this money and buy a game on disc instead." and with the cashback going away a bit after smash, i got way less incentives to get stuff digital.

After Smash U i'll probably just buy games through amazon, got DKCTF ten bucks cheaper by waiting and getting it through them.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003
Plus, the ability to sell them later is non-existent with digital games. I wouldn't normally say that, but Nintendo games hold their value spectacularly, and always have.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
The only time I've ever sold a Nintendo game is when trading up to the next system, and I only started that with the Gamecube. Still have all my Gameboy, SNES, GBA, DS, Virtual Boy and N64 carts. Damned if I know what happened to my NES carts though.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

greatn posted:

Damned if I know what happened to my NES carts though.

lol if you aren't slowly rebuying your childhood NES collection on Amazon and eBay

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

codenameFANGIO posted:

lol if you aren't slowly rebuying your childhood NES collection on Amazon and eBay

Do you really have room to laugh if you ever lost yours in the first place?

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Chronojam posted:

Do you really have room to laugh if you ever lost yours in the first place?

If I didn't I would cry :(

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
I only ever played Gargoyle's Quest 2, but the structure is kind of like a more linear Zelda 2 without the random encounters: a big overworld to explore in top-down, with several locations sending you to a side-scrolling platformer where the real action happens. As you progress, you gain more abilities like stronger attacks and increases in your ability to fly. It's a great little platformer with a good challenge that isn't "Nintendo hard" or whatever.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
PAL update (week of November 6):

quote:

WII U RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Disney Infinity 2.0: Play Without Limits - €29.99 / £24.99
    Disney Planes: Fire & Rescue - 329.99 / £34.99
WII U eSHOP
    The Swapper - €14.99 / £11.99
    Flowerworks HD: Follie's Adventure - €2.50 / £2.00 (permanent price reduction)
WII U VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Mega Man 7 (SNES, US ver.) - €7.99 / £5.49
    Mega Man X3 (SNES, US ver.) - €7.99 / £5.49
WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Own DKC1, 2 or 3 (Wii U VC), get DKC: Tropical Freeze for 33% off! - runs until November 6
    Master Reboot (Wii U eShop) - €5.99 / £4.99 until November 6
    Disney Infinity 2.0: Play Without Limits (Wii U) - €19.99 / £17.99 from November 6-13
    99seconds (Wii U eShop) - €1.49 / £1.37 for owners of Abyss from November 6-20
    Abyss (Wii U eShop) - €0.99 / £0.89 for owners of 99seconds from November 6-20

3DS RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Ultimate NES Remix (November 7) - €39.99 / £34.99
    Disney Planes: Fire and Rescue - €29.99 / £24.99
    I Love My Horse - €24.99 / £19.99
    Petz Beach - €19.99 / £19.99
    Petz Countryside - €19.99 / £19.99
3DS eSHOP DOWNLOADS
    Football Up Online - €3.99 / £3.59 or €0.99 / £0.89 for owners of Football Up 3D
    Football Up 3D - €2.99 / £2.37 (permanent price reduction)
3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Own DK Land 1, 2 or 3 (Wii U VC), get DKC Returns 3D for 33% off! - runs until November 6
    Siesta Fiesta (3DS eShop) - €2.99 / £2.49 from November 6-13
    Swords & Soldiers 3D (3DS eShop) - €4.99 / £4.49 until November 20

Heads up on Ultimate NES Remix: it's the same game as NES Remix 1/2 but it's missing 12 of the games and all the Miiverse functionality and it costs twice as much as it would on Wii U. Yippee!

Siesta Fiesta is supposed to be a decent breakout-style game, could be worth a look while it's on sale.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Season 2 of Sega 3D Classics has finally been confirmed to come to the west! 3D After Burner II will be released early next year, and 3D Fantasy Zone, 3D OutRun, 3D Fantasy Zone II, and 3D Thunder Blade will be released on a monthly schedule afterwards. $6 each. Rejoice!

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Heads up on Ultimate NES Remix: it's the same game as NES Remix 1/2 but it's missing 12 of the games and all the Miiverse functionality and it costs twice as much as it would on Wii U. Yippee!

That doesn't sound particularly Ultimate to me!

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

The Kins posted:

Season 2 of Sega 3D Classics has finally been confirmed to come to the west! 3D After Burner II will be released early next year, and 3D Fantasy Zone, 3D OutRun, 3D Fantasy Zone II, and 3D Thunder Blade will be released on a monthly schedule afterwards. $6 each. Rejoice!

I really wish they would do Streets of Rage 2 or Sonic 2.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"

PAL update (week of November 6):

I was wondering what stuff was missing. But costs double? I thought the price was comparative to buying 1 and 2 on the Wii U.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
In Europe, NES Remix 1 and 2 are 10€ each, while Ultimate here is 40€.

MykonosFan
Sep 9, 2012

Hows my homies training
going? Whaa? Hey! What
are you doing Ronald?

The Kins posted:

They're doing something right. My prayers to SEGA SAMMY have been answered thank you SEGA. So beyond ready for these.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

In a shocking turn of events, Sega does something not terrible.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Gonna play so much 3D OutRun

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Some news of Retro City Rampage: the dev announced he'll be updating the WiiWare version with all the content from the DX update, even though it apparently sold so badly he had to give away a ton of codes just to hit the sales threshold that let him get paid. There's also an update in the works for the 3DS version that'll let you use the New 3DS' extra buttons.

Zaa Boogie posted:

I was wondering what stuff was missing. But costs double? I thought the price was comparative to buying 1 and 2 on the Wii U.

It's missing 12 games:

Baseball
Clu Clu Land
Donkey Kong 3
Golf
Ice Climber
Ice Hockey
NES Open Tournament Golf
Pinball
Tennis
Urban Champion
Wario's Woods
Wrecking Crew

plus the Miiverse integration, plus Super Luigi Bros., and it has no 3D.

Shelf Adventure
Jul 18, 2006
It does have speed mario which is super mario brothers but faster.

Yup.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

It's missing 12 games:

Baseball
Clu Clu Land
Donkey Kong 3
Golf
Ice Climber
Ice Hockey
NES Open Tournament Golf
Pinball
Tennis
Urban Champion
Wario's Woods
Wrecking Crew

plus the Miiverse integration, plus Super Luigi Bros., and it has no 3D.

Uhhh what are they alleging is the advantage to buying this version?? Because it sounds awful.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

codenameFANGIO posted:

Uhhh what are they alleging is the advantage to buying this version?? Because it sounds awful.

It's on the 3DS, that's about it really.

Shelf Adventure
Jul 18, 2006

codenameFANGIO posted:

It's portable

If you don't have a wii u

Speed mario

You won't accidentally own part of urban champion

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

codenameFANGIO posted:

You get a couple more championship modes, regular leaderboards (which are allegedly pretty slow) and "Speed Mario Bros." which is just SMB with emulator frameskip.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

codenameFANGIO posted:

They literally cut all the bad games out except for Mario Bros. (Besides, Ice Hockey, Urban Champion, Baseball and DK3 only have a few bonus challenges in the WiiU versions and are not full fledged titles.)

So its NES Remix with the fat cut out.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Yeah but it's literally twice the price so why are they cutting anything?

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

RMZXAnarchy posted:

They literally cut all the bad games out except for Mario Bros. (Besides, Ice Hockey, Urban Champion, Baseball and DK3 only have a few bonus challenges in the WiiU versions and are not full fledged titles.)

Yeah but it's $30, literally as much as the two games on Wii U right? So what the hell, put back Urban Champion and poo poo or halve the price.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

RMZXAnarchy posted:

Those games were good, in the context of NES Remix.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

codenameFANGIO posted:

Yeah but it's $30, literally as much as the two games on Wii U right? So what the hell, put back Urban Champion and poo poo or halve the price.

$30 is the same price you'd pay for both games in NA and is the same price as the retail Wii U release, so you're merely paying the same amount for fewer games.

Nes Remix 1/2 are 10EUR each in PAL-land but the 3DS release is 40EUR because why not. (There's no Wii U retail release, either.)