Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
will I later regret not putting effort into this poll?
Yes
No
View Results

• Locked thread
Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

BlackMK4 posted:

How long does it take to get used to a controller for FPS? I was very, very competitive back in the Q3A rail only days and I've only been playing FPS on a controller since Destiny came out. Does the fine accuracy and control come or is this just how it will be for me?

Make your life easier and buy a XIM4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I had this cool helmet and then it... expired?

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp

Feenix posted:

I had this cool helmet and then it... expired?

Some of the cosmetics are like special and expire. Not sure what triggers them. Maybe bloodthirsties or something.

Oliax
Aug 19, 2011

Bavaro-Mancunian
Friendship Society

The Merry Marauder posted:

There's a grenade drone you can drop which loiters and seeks out anyone who gets near it.

Ahh, great. My slow reflexes thank you. From the description this sounded like the Hunter Killer scorestreak, which of course wouldn't make much sense as standard equipment when you think about it.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

The Merry Marauder posted:

There's a grenade drone you can drop which loiters and seeks out anyone who gets near it.

One of those attacked me earlier and I wasn't sure if it was doing any damage or just shooting a laser pointer in my face to try to distract me.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."
Different one. There's one that marks you (the oracle-style red outline) and one that blows you the gently caress up.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
i'm so happy emblem editor is back

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Republicans posted:

Make your life easier and buy a XIM4.

Kinda what I was thinking, but it almost feels like a cop out since I see so many other fuckers making due with controllers. I guess they probably grew up on controller fps though so maybe it makes it fair for me to use kb/m. :v:

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Mymla posted:

This game is fun on PC.

I don't believe you.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

BlackMK4 posted:

Kinda what I was thinking, but it almost feels like a cop out since I see so many other fuckers making due with controllers. I guess they probably grew up on controller fps though so maybe it makes it fair for me to use kb/m. :v:

Maybe it is but you'll have a hell of a lot more fun playing games with a control scheme you're accustomed to. I think having fun when you play games is important.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Good point. :)

io_burn
Jul 9, 2001

Vrooooooooom!
Sorry if this was already answered, but is it possible to unlock additional clothes for your dude to wear in multiplayer games?

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
Can regular schmucks walk in and pick this up at Best Buy today without a pre-order, or do they have to wait for tomorrow?

Orv
May 4, 2011

io_burn posted:

Sorry if this was already answered, but is it possible to unlock additional clothes for your dude to wear in multiplayer games?

You will be continuously inundated in boots.

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp

io_burn posted:

Yea you get em in supply drops. Which brings me to my next question. How are they earned? I feel like I just randomly get em.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."

RonMexicosPitbull posted:

Yea you get em in supply drops. Which brings me to my next question. How are they earned? I feel like I just randomly get em.

At least three bars - XP, Time Played, and Medals Earned.

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010
Instict (the jungle map) probably has one of the worse spawn camps for Dom in addition to the temple thing that just draws bad players to the top of it it's like a 4th dom spot.

What is it's map care package ability thing?

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Mnoba posted:

Instict (the jungle map) probably has one of the worse spawn camps for Dom in addition to the temple thing that just draws bad players to the top of it it's like a 4th dom spot.

What is it's map care package ability thing?

Yeah, starting that map at C is a hassle. Getting to A to flip the spawns is a good idea.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

HOLY gently caress DEATH MICS ARE BACK

this is the moment i have been waiting for

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan
Getting on the bone to try this poo poo out. Someone invite me to a party.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

HOLY gently caress DEATH MICS ARE BACK

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uNSKNkFK74

Someone make an updated version of this (no idea why youtube hosed up my old videos)

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Dum Cumpster posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uNSKNkFK74

Someone make an updated version of this (no idea why youtube hosed up my old videos)

Chrome fucks it up for some reason. It looks fine in Firefox.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Steam app doesn't show if my multiplayer is still installing or install :cry:.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
All PC players:

:siren:There are two settings in your advanced video options, these settings are:

-Cache Sun Shadow Maps
-Cache Spot Shadow Maps

SET THESE TO OFF!

This will eliminate the poo poo textures in game and should alleviate a significant amount of hitching/freezing.

:siren:

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp

Im not having any mouse issues because I am using a controller and playing on XBone, as god intended.

Dr. Guile
Mar 18, 2009

by Lowtax
Someone shoot me a ps4 clan invite. SmokedOutStaley

Dr. Van Nostrum
Sep 14, 2007
Is it worth buying a PS4 just to play this game?

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Dr. Van Nostrum posted:

Is it worth buying a PS4 just to play this game?

No.

I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack
Reddit thread on prestiging

Prestiges apparently reset your challenge progress, but you keep the rewards of challenges you complete (i.e. those lovely, lovely weapon attachments and that gold camo from 50 attachment-less kills).

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore
So you don't retain progress on camo unlock challenges, only the camo itself. Have fun getting 500 longshots on your last prestige!

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

How many levels until prestige ?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Why are death mics back? Were they gone? I distinctly remember them being in Ghosts. :confused:

I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack

Dirt Taco Scuba posted:

How many levels until prestige ?

50 levels per prestige, 15 prestiges total.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Hackan Slash posted:

So you don't retain progress on camo unlock challenges, only the camo itself. Have fun getting 500 longshots on your last prestige!

Stop whining baby! You're going to get 700 hrs out of the game anyway.

Can someone tell me if I should get this on p.c?

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
Is there any way to skip cutscenes in campaign?

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Zombie Boat posted:

It runs pretty smoothly, and it's pretty fun. Some people are having mouse issues but I'm not, so milage may vary. No cheaters in sight yet (west coast us)

I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack

Zombie Boat posted:

A SWELL DUDE
Feb 8, 2005

Knifegrab posted:

All PC players:

:siren:There are two settings in your advanced video options, these settings are:

-Cache Sun Shadow Maps
-Cache Spot Shadow Maps

SET THESE TO OFF!

This will eliminate the poo poo textures in game and should alleviate a significant amount of hitching/freezing.

:siren:

Wouldn't it be easier to just PM the other guy?

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
Maybe Stu should make a new game thread for consoles so we don't have to read poo poo about mouse acceleration and can read about important things like what we're drinking and speedtest posts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

I only ever bought 2 games in the CoD series, MW1 and MW3. That being said, where between MW3 and now did they stop giving level progression to the horde mode? I admittedly loved MW3's horde mode - seeing how much better I could do when I had more poo poo unlocked - but it appears it's just some stupid off-shoot game with AW and there's no progression to it other than "how high can you get on the leaderboards?" Is that a surprise to anyone or is that purely an AW-only thing? Am I the only one mad about this?

Knifegrab posted:

Is there any way to skip cutscenes in campaign?
If there's a loading bar in the bottom right? You can't.

• Locked thread