Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

mind the walrus posted:

drat you British cosplayers work fast.

What is it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RedneckwithGuns
Mar 28, 2007

Up Next:
Fifteen Inches of
SHEER DYNAMITE

A character from the new season of American Horror Story that just premiered 3 weeks ago.

gamera009
Apr 7, 2005

McKilligan posted:

Close! You have to prime the foam with wood glue BEFORE you apply resin. Polyurethane resin does not bind very well to EVA foam on it's own, but with a layer of wood glue it's fine. The resin is goes from the consistency of 'runny like water' to flu-snot over the course of like 30 seconds, so there are going to be alot of drips after it hardens, so you'll have to sand it smooth. Make sure you do that outside and wear a mask, I don't know if the dust is toxic or not but inhaling it won't do you any favors.
As far as painting goes, I just used pretty basic automotive spraypaint, primed it with a black semi-gloss, then a silver/chrome.
The EVA foam that I used wasn't quite the same as you find in Yoga mats - it's the same material, but the sheets that I found were much thinner, about....3/16 of an inch mostly, I think?

Anyway - here's a rough build log I compiled a while ago, let me know if you have any more questions.

I'll have to rush around to see if I can find some of the stuff here in town. I wasn't sure if I could just go hit an athletics supply shop and grab some mats off the shelf. I could use the thicker ones for the chest pieces - but I definitely need to heat mold the things so they fit to my chest.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Since Kratos's weapons are usually depicted as being on fire and he swings them on chains around his head, has anyone ever seen a poi-spinning Kratos cosplayer? I can't be the only one who's thought of it.

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.
Here's one of Avatar: TLA with fire, which I feel could have ended badly for a less skilled person, what with the loose clothing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MokZwQMJjls
I also feel like I've seen one with Korra or something with blue attachments to emulate water but I can't find it.

Muffin Rhino
Dec 31, 2006

I am SO gay for Doctor Cox.

sticklefifer posted:

Since Kratos's weapons are usually depicted as being on fire and he swings them on chains around his head, has anyone ever seen a poi-spinning Kratos cosplayer? I can't be the only one who's thought of it.

I am veteran poi spinner and you have given me a fabulous Halloween idea for next year.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Spotted on Imgur.

drat, that's a good lookalike.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
Going to be at PAX Aus this weekend so I'll try and get a bunch of (terrible) photos.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

http://imgur.com/a/RGQUi

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Was impressed and once I saw it glowed my jaw dropped.

Holy hell that's good.

foxatee
Feb 27, 2010

That foxatee is always making a Piggles out of herself.
Oh my glob.
OH MY GLOB.
Uuuuuungh. I love it so much it huuuuurts! gently caress, that's an awesome Krang. Fuuuuuck!

Forti
May 5, 2009

foxatee posted:

Oh my glob.
OH MY GLOB.
Uuuuuungh. I love it so much it huuuuurts! gently caress, that's an awesome Krang. Fuuuuuck!

how old are you

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Very cool, but surely he's not going to leave out the two-pronged fork on his head?

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

davidspackage posted:

Very cool, but surely he's not going to leave out the two-pronged fork on his head?

MY IMMERSION!

hhhat
Apr 29, 2008

davidspackage posted:

Son of a bitch

foxatee
Feb 27, 2010

That foxatee is always making a Piggles out of herself.

Forti posted:

how old are you

How old are you?

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010

foxatee posted:

How old are you?

You're one of those girls from that foam video aren't you?

cowboythreespeech
Dec 28, 2008

Stringbean posted:

You're one of those girls from that foam video aren't you?

Someone post that again, I hate it.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

cowboythreespeech posted:

Someone post that again, I hate it.

Wow, gently caress everything. I was gonna link LesBeardly's video of him making fun of the original but...

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Forti posted:

how old are you
Hey! Leave Lumpy Space Princess alone.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Tracula posted:

Wow, gently caress everything. I was gonna link LesBeardly's video of him making fun of the original but...

Since, supposedly, the internet does not forget, there's got to be some place where the video is rehosted?
I, for the life of me, can't find it, though.

/edit:
vvv I was kinda looking for that LesBeardly parody

Duzzy Funlop has a new favorite as of 12:34 on Oct 31, 2014

Cassius Belli
May 22, 2010

horny is prohibited

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Since, supposedly, the internet does not forget, there's got to be some place where the video is rehosted?
I, for the life of me, can't find it, though.

Googling CanineHybrid turns up a lot of WTF, and the original. Clicking the link gives one of the girls some advertising pennies, though, and I don't know how that should make you feel.

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person

Yond Cassius posted:

Googling CanineHybrid turns up a lot of WTF, and the original. Clicking the link gives one of the girls some advertising pennies, though, and I don't know how that should make you feel.

Depends. Are the pennies delivered by check or air powered rifle?

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
extremely direct deposit

Quantrill
Nov 18, 2005

Time to resurrect this thread with local children in their Halloween costumes:

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Ruth Baby Ginsberg

the tiniest Kiki

Dooky Dingo
Feb 17, 2011

Gym badge day is a VERY dangerous day!
Cross post from the L4D2 & DarkSouls LP. (Even though this character is in neither game...)

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

I thought I didn't qualify. I was considered, what was it... volatile, self-centered, and I don't play well with others.
Some more cosplay from the NYCC.

Quantrill
Nov 18, 2005

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Quantrill posted:

Time to resurrect this thread with local children in their Halloween costumes:

No blackface 4/10.

Remora
Aug 15, 2010

Holy poo poo she is the spitting image.

MagicAlex
Jan 6, 2007

Remora posted:

Holy poo poo she is the spitting image.

It's funny 'cause I wasn't sure who she was playing until I zoomed in and saw her smile.

Megera
Sep 9, 2008
For Halloween, my friend and I did sexy Sonic and Dr. Robotnik respectively. We could not find red sneakers for her dog to be Tails.

I lost my mustache Halloween night. :(

Megera has a new favorite as of 00:34 on Nov 4, 2014

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

So can you just buy "sexy sonic" or did you make it? I need to know for a friend...

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Looks like a spandex one-piece with a hole cut in it

I like sexy Robotnik more though; giant colored noses are very much my poo poo.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

mind the walrus posted:

Looks like a spandex one-piece with a hole cut in it

I like sexy Robotnik more though; giant colored noses are very much my poo poo.

The cut looks too perfect, I messed with cutting spandex once and it was super bad. This was kinda before YouTube tutorials on everything under the sun.

Megera
Sep 9, 2008

LingcodKilla posted:

The cut looks too perfect, I messed with cutting spandex once and it was super bad. This was kinda before YouTube tutorials on everything under the sun.

She just cut a slit down the middle and it became a circle. :effort:

Funhilde
Jun 1, 2011

Cats Love Me.
This just popped up on FB.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Megera posted:

She just cut a slit down the middle and it became a circle. :effort:

That seems like the kind of costume where it's very critical that the ends of the cut stay where you cut them. I'm surprised that works with Spandex.

• Locked thread