Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Reverend Stupid
Aug 7, 2003

Hey sorry if this has been answered, but I finally got all the normal and hard skulltellas on legend/story mode. I got the full true partners illustration but I'm missing one piece of the of the illustration with Gannon and the big boss monsters. I have one rewards mission but missing the other. Am I missing a specific skulltella in the regular adventure map? If so which one? Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Your other, safer but less damaging option is doing his C3 real quick. You won't do near as much damage, but Zant seems to be actually invincible when he's up on his totem pole, and that combo charges the crazy really fast so you can get back to spinning.

This is what I've been using. Also you can extend the combo if you keep hitting the button and he shoots the dudes from the top of the pole more, but it seems to use up the special meter.

Reoxygenation
Dec 8, 2010

if wishes were fishes fuck you this is my pie

El Nath posted:

Hey sorry if this has been answered, but I finally got all the normal and hard skulltellas on legend/story mode. I got the full true partners illustration but I'm missing one piece of the of the illustration with Gannon and the big boss monsters. I have one rewards mission but missing the other. Am I missing a specific skulltella in the regular adventure map? If so which one? Thanks!

You can check skulltulas/heart pieces status by pressing a button (I think it's X or Y) on the map screen, hope this helps

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011

El Nath posted:

The last one took me a while to find since it's right in the middle of the regular adventure map on D8.

A Frosty Witch
Apr 21, 2005

I was just looking at it and I suddenly got this urge to get inside. No, not just an urge - more than that. It was my destiny to be here; in the box.
I've been putting off and putting off Zelda's level two baton mission after hearing all the horror stories in here. I finally decided to say gently caress it and just try it to see how bad I'd get massacred.

It was... really easy. I did it at 34 with a 3 star wand with +electricity on it. I think the windwaker sort of just clicked for me. C3 gathers enemies in a nice pile in front of you, dodge forward and do two or three C2s and then step back and do another C3. You can keep doing that until you get bored or build up a special. I pretty much just spammed that series of movements all over the map and it was kind of fun.

I also like the kill 1000 enemies missions. I'm starting to think I'm just weird.

Also finally Great Fairy. She's pretty drat fun, and I love that all her moves take so long to perform that you pretty much end up breaking captain and general weak points 100%, since they'll do a special move and go weak before your current move is done.

This game :allears:

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Sheik's lv 3 mission is insane. I've never seen so many officers in one place before. It caused massive slowdown! I don't understand why her weak point smash does barely any damage to the Fiery Aerolfoses, but tons to everyone else. I beat it, but it took 15:17 :shepicide: Ganondorf also takes barely any damage from weak point smashes, I seriously don't get it.

Vanrushal
Apr 2, 2005

I thought my Spitter was a Jockey!

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Zant does at least have a couple options against officer weakpoints, including C2 to launch and mashed strong attack

Using C2 is good for weak points but I recommend not mashing strong and just comboing into a weak string instead. Zant will recover in time to start juggling before they hit the ground, plus YX by itself does not give you crazy meter so there's no risk of overflowing if you don't mash it. It also seems to be pretty good about not letting your target recover out of it prematurely, but I'm not sure what if anything that's determined by or if it's completely random.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Sheik's lv 3 mission is insane. I've never seen so many officers in one place before. It caused massive slowdown! I don't understand why her weak point smash does barely any damage to the Fiery Aerolfoses, but tons to everyone else. I beat it, but it took 15:17 :shepicide: Ganondorf also takes barely any damage from weak point smashes, I seriously don't get it.

Maps kinda make up their own rules on how much HP enemies have.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

RyokoTK posted:

Maps kinda make up their own rules on how much HP enemies have.

Well, I had EXP+ so Sheik gained 5-6 levels from the failed attempt, and then I used rupees to put her at 49, so hopefully that will help me A-Rank it!

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Yeah, hers is tough. I kept having the people I was trying to rescue killed or taking too much damage from Wizzro for awhile. It is one of the few I don't remember having any problems with the Allied Base getting taken, at least, which maybe will help you a little for time. Ganondorf always seems to be loaded with HP.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Bicyclops posted:

Yeah, hers is tough. I kept having the people I was trying to rescue killed or taking too much damage from Wizzro for awhile. It is one of the few I don't remember having any problems with the Allied Base getting taken, at least, which maybe will help you a little for time. Ganondorf always seems to be loaded with HP.

The trick to killing beefy stuff quick with Sheik is the Flame-element song, that exploding rune she lays down. That thing can do even more damage than a Weak Point break and it's super easy to bait officers into it. Even better, it's on a delay, so it'll almost never be blocked.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Sheik is really incredibly versatile and if I ever get those last 7 or so weapons and go back for the second skulltulas, she's the one I'm bringing along. There was one I was really close to getting, with Ghiranim of all people, and then something hit me for a full heart of damage just as I was getting to about 1150.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
Also the 'Dorf has tons of hit points as a general rule because punishing his weak point is extremely easy, so I guess that's balance? He's just a big fat juggernaut.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I don't know that his weak point is easier than say, Lana's, who basically loves to build her little magic walls over in the corner and then stand around with a big smile on her face to the point that she can be easy to accidentally destroy when she is the wrong answer in a quiz.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
I think his is easier because his tells are so obvious he kindly submits an Outlook meeting reminder a couple weeks before initiating any heavy attack.

At least with Lana it's theoretically possible to get smacked by her magic walls.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I just spammed Shiek's combo VI (the light one) since it breaks his block every single time. I'll try the fire song next time, too.

If you go to the northeastern keep first in Shiek's lv 3 mission, Wizzro is hanging out there. Once you take the keep he runs towards the Northwestern Hyrulian Captain and will not attack you until he gets past the middle keep. You can whittle down at least half of his health without fear of retaliation.

Damage isn't the problem, neither is kills. I'd be concerned if you didn't get 1200 KOs in that mission, there are a million trash mobs huddled together with Link and Zelda. Every officer takes forfuckingever to kill in that mission!!!! It's kinda bullshit.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

I just spammed Shiek's combo VI (the light one) since it breaks his block every single time. I'll try the fire song next time, too.

If you go to the northeastern keep first in Shiek's lv 3 mission, Wizzro is hanging out there. Once you take the keep he runs towards the Northwestern Hyrulian Captain and will not attack you until he gets past the middle keep. You can whittle down at least half of his health without fear of retaliation.

Damage isn't the problem, neither is kills. I'd be concerned if you didn't get 1200 KOs in that mission, there are a million trash mobs huddled together with Link and Zelda. Every officer takes forfuckingever to kill in that mission!!!! It's kinda bullshit.

Weird, I never had that problem. The light combo in the keeps on the way helps, if you've got at least one Fierce Deity badge, because you empty out her specials into the officer cloud that's trying to murder your friends. I could kill them quickly, they just usually pinged me enough to break through the water shield on the way.

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Woof, finally beat the main campaign after taking a break and man, Ganon's not fun with how clunky the subweapon switching is. Really not looking forward to grinding his mats out.

Speaking of those, are there any really good guides that show you what everyone needs to upgrade and where the best place is to get them? Gotta go grind away in Adventure Mode to unlock weapons and stuff before I even think about Hero Mode. Need to go grab all the normal Skulltulas and stuff first.

BlueOccamy
Jul 1, 2010
My husband and I have completed the Adventure Map and have all the skulltulas and all but one heart from the Master Quest map. We just can't A rank Cia's kill 1k enemies in 10 mins map. It seems to need less than 7 mins and the damage requirement is rather absurd too considering how easy it is to get chain thrown into walls by the Imprisoned... I'm debating if I should just go ahead and try to kill the damned things now that Cia's 99 and has a Legendary weapon, since running away from them takes up a fair bit of time that I could be using to XY stomp minions into the ground.

This game has taken way too much of my time recently, I could be leveling my warrior or doing other stuff in WoW before the expansion hits next week but instead I'm killing things over and over in the rack up KOs map with the two Argoks and an Imprisoned for Legendary weapon kills and giant boss gold drops :|

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

ChibiSoma posted:

Woof, finally beat the main campaign after taking a break and man, Ganon's not fun with how clunky the subweapon switching is. Really not looking forward to grinding his mats out.

Speaking of those, are there any really good guides that show you what everyone needs to upgrade and where the best place is to get them? Gotta go grind away in Adventure Mode to unlock weapons and stuff before I even think about Hero Mode. Need to go grab all the normal Skulltulas and stuff first.

You may want to play Hard mode in Legend mode first. Legend has the save option, you can grind out a few materials for badges, and those skulltulas are sort of built for you to slowly get them. 'Dorf gets way better as you get used to him. He's really good for clearing keeps and murdering bosses, he's just a little slow and can get pinged sometimes.

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Bicyclops posted:

You may want to play Hard mode in Legend mode first. Legend has the save option, you can grind out a few materials for badges, and those skulltulas are sort of built for you to slowly get them. 'Dorf gets way better as you get used to him. He's really good for clearing keeps and murdering bosses, he's just a little slow and can get pinged sometimes.

Which of his specials are worth using? Seems like YX and YYX are the only two worth doing. The others have waaaay too long a startup. At the end of his last mission I was basically only doing normal attacks, canceling out, and resuming.

I wish characters had more useful things. Like with Link, YYX is all you'll ever use unless you're trying to take out a boss' health meter, then you'll add one Y into the mix. It's just too good not to spam. Kinda feels like my thought about weapons. I haven't used Epona yet because the Master Sword's just stronger and more versatile than any of his other options.

Speaking of useless things, how do I get better with Fi? I've used her a few times in Adventure Mode but I can't seem to get a good grasp on how to best use her.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Ganondorf's final charge attack is better than a lot of characters' SP attacks. The only trick is finding a safe place to do it.

Spectacle Rock
May 24, 2013
I have Link's Great Fairy Level One. I made it to the Level Three Great Fairy stage (must get A rank and play as Great Fairy) and got my head handed to me.

I figured I need to get the Level Two Great Fairy first. So, I find THAT level, and I use both Epona AND the Great Fairy and fail on the time to clear the level. I do fine in the damage and the # of kills, but I take about 7-8 more minutes that required for A rank. Any tips?

It just seems like TOO MUCH goes on in that level. Enemies spawn all over constantly. Maybe I need to level up Link or just focus on keeps and ignore the scout captains? I don't know. I had better luck with Epona LVL3 than Great Fairy LVL1.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

So I did the 2-player method - parked the junky character in a corner somewhere - and cheesed the last few weapon missions with my lvl99 fire rod link. I almost feel guilty.

The 25k kills for the Master Sword seems like a giant pain in the rear end too. Do I have to do this for every subsequent weapon too?

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

ChibiSoma, I don't think you should play Hero Mode at all.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Spectacle Rock posted:

I have Link's Great Fairy Level One. I made it to the Level Three Great Fairy stage (must get A rank and play as Great Fairy) and got my head handed to me.

I figured I need to get the Level Two Great Fairy first. So, I find THAT level, and I use both Epona AND the Great Fairy and fail on the time to clear the level. I do fine in the damage and the # of kills, but I take about 7-8 more minutes that required for A rank. Any tips?

It just seems like TOO MUCH goes on in that level. Enemies spawn all over constantly. Maybe I need to level up Link or just focus on keeps and ignore the scout captains? I don't know. I had better luck with Epona LVL3 than Great Fairy LVL1.

What level is your Link? Do you have a four or five star Great Fairy to use? Those might help. Otherwise maybe try the Gloves, they rule.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Oxyclean posted:

So I did the 2-player method - parked the junky character in a corner somewhere - and cheesed the last few weapon missions with my lvl99 fire rod link. I almost feel guilty.

The 25k kills for the Master Sword seems like a giant pain in the rear end too. Do I have to do this for every subsequent weapon too?

I think I'm just going to do this with Zant and Agitha's. I will let Darunia's be my challenge level.

Zertoss
Apr 29, 2009

Spectacle Rock posted:

That one gave me a little trouble on time too (with the fairy anyway). You end up retaking the objective keeps over and over. Luckily you don't have to worry about taking too much damage or not getting enough kills. Those are two things the fairy excels at.

From the start, head into the keep immediately to the east. A powered-up Dinolfos comes charging in with some Darknut buddies. Smashing their weak points will obliterate the Darknuts as well as most of the mooks in the keep, so you'll take the keep in no time. Punish the Dinolfos weak point when you get the chance, otherwise stick to the basic combo. Once he's down, take the outpost right outside, then head back to the keep south from where you started. Destroy the Dinolfos on the way. If you can force him back into the keep, that's even better.

I ignored the Fortifier captains, unless one happened to still be in that keep we just went to.

Once you've got that keep, swing around to the keep next door with the captive fairy and clear it. Keep sticking to that basic combo, it will save you a lot of time. From the fairy, head north to the keep you first took, because it's under siege. Hopefully the outpost you took slowed the mob down enough that you'll arrive right behind the high-morale Aeralfos. Go ahead and drop a special on them, then clean up with the basic combo.

At this point, the 2nd keep you took should be coming under attack, so head over there and save it. Once you've cleared them out, you should be free to take the last 2 objective keeps. After that, all that's left is to take out the Dorf. If you're like me, you'll probably have around 2000 kills and 3-4 minutes to go by then.

Alternately, if you have the level 3 gauntlets, crush the stage under a rock. You're not limited to the fairy.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Does the level 2 fairy stage not even have a recommended element? I wish I had known that! I finally did get it by only just beating Ganondorf in time.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
I would really recommend using the gauntlets on that level 2 fairy mission. Unlike the sword, the gauntlet is good at both crowd control and defeating captains, and unlike the fairy it isn't slower than poo poo.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

It's a little surprising that there have been absolutely no leaks about the Twilight Princess pack.

A Frosty Witch
Apr 21, 2005

I was just looking at it and I suddenly got this urge to get inside. No, not just an urge - more than that. It was my destiny to be here; in the box.

Bicyclops posted:

It's a little surprising that there have been absolutely no leaks about the Twilight Princess pack.

I came here to say literally the same thing. Is there absolutely no info other than what's posted on the official site?

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008
Just beat Legend mode, game owns.

Question: In adventure mode, if a level has 2 skulltullas can I only get 1 per level attempt?

A map like 1-2 left of the starting square has kill 1000 enemies and complete first mission skulltulla and a kill 1200 without taking more than 4 hearts of damage skulltulla. I got the first one and then killed 200 more enemies (don't think I took any damage with water shield Sheik) and nothing happened.

Also, it looks like you can see character and weapon unlocks from the main map. Is the only point of searching your average square to see who you need to play as for a heart piece? Seems kind of lame since I don't really need heart pieces and it takes 2 items to reveal (compass + X).

To unseal the master sword, do I need every lv 1 weapon in the game or every lv 3 weapon in the game?

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

ultrachrist posted:

Also, it looks like you can see character and weapon unlocks from the main map. Is the only point of searching your average square to see who you need to play as for a heart piece? Seems kind of lame since I don't really need heart pieces and it takes 2 items to reveal (compass + X).

If you look up a Zelda 1 map you can tell where most of the items should be used, skipping the compass altogether. You do have to search to unlock characters and weapons most of the time in adventure, so it's not just hearts/pieces.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

ultrachrist posted:

Just beat Legend mode, game owns.

Question: In adventure mode, if a level has 2 skulltullas can I only get 1 per level attempt?

A map like 1-2 left of the starting square has kill 1000 enemies and complete first mission skulltulla and a kill 1200 without taking more than 4 hearts of damage skulltulla. I got the first one and then killed 200 more enemies (don't think I took any damage with water shield Sheik) and nothing happened.

To unseal the master sword, do I need every lv 1 weapon in the game or every lv 3 weapon in the game?

Yes only one skulltula per level attempt.

As Kaethela said, look up the map of the original game to save yourself a lot of time on compass grinding. For the Master Quest DLC you'll want to use the second quest map for recorder locations.

Unsealing the Master Sword requires all level 3 weapons, minus Epona (which doesn't have weapon unlocks as all three can just drop from the beginning) and the 3 DLC character weapons.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Got a 5 star Legendary weapon made for (Lv99) Ganondorf which has Strong Att+, Strength VI and Defenseless on it.

This power is intoxicating. Even Hero Mode has ceased to be a slog.

Can you have more than one 3k skill on a weapon? Can I add No Healing onto this as well?

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Bicyclops posted:

I don't know that his weak point is easier than say, Lana's, who basically loves to build her little magic walls over in the corner and then stand around with a big smile on her face to the point that she can be easy to accidentally destroy when she is the wrong answer in a quiz.

Oh lord tell me about it. I was doing an Adventure Mode quiz where it was her and Midna, and she was constantly jumping in front of my attacks and taking huge damage.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Evil Mastermind posted:

Oh lord tell me about it. I was doing an Adventure Mode quiz where it was her and Midna, and she was constantly jumping in front of my attacks and taking huge damage.

It's even worse on the Master Quest map when the quiz has the "No Attack Items" rule so that you can't use the Boomerang to keep her stunned and out of the way. :argh:

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Regy Rusty posted:

Yes only one skulltula per level attempt.

As Kaethela said, look up the map of the original game to save yourself a lot of time on compass grinding. For the Master Quest DLC you'll want to use the second quest map for recorder locations.

Unsealing the Master Sword requires all level 3 weapons, minus Epona (which doesn't have weapon unlocks as all three can just drop from the beginning) and the 3 DLC character weapons.

I'm pretty sure it doesn't require the DLC weapons. I still have all of those at level 1, and the kills have been ticking down on the Master Sword ever since I unlocked the last weapon on the first adventure map.

edit: I got the complete screen on the Adventure Map today, yay :neckbeard:

THE FUCKING MOON fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Nov 4, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wild Knight
Mar 27, 2010

Foul villain! I do not flee. I will never turn my back on you and run away!

[he says, running away]
jesus christ there is so much poo poo going on in Darunia's level 3 stage.

Someone needs to compile all the hard level strategies into a Google doc that goes in the OP or something.

Edit:actually gently caress it, I've got a busy day tomorrow but after I get home I think I'll re-read the thread and start putting stuff together. Hopefully then I'll find the pages where people were talking about Darunia level 3.

Wild Knight fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Nov 4, 2014

• Locked thread