Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roobsa
May 1, 2011

eriddy posted:

I use PicFrame (https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/picframe/id433398108?mt=8). It's a much nicer user experience than the free options like PicStitch.

Perfect. Thanks mate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

cryptoclastic posted:

I bought Goodreader, because everyone always says great things about it anyway. Unfortunately Dropbox is blocked at my work, but I will just have to make it work for now. Going to see if that new Spideroak is blocked at work tomorrow, and if it's not just have it sync the dropbox stuff if it can.

Is OneDrive/Office 365 SharePoint blocked? PDF Expert works with those.

EconOutlines
Jul 3, 2004

Here are some Starbucks codes for Circles Memory Game. Seems pretty fun and its a good time waster.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Thanks! Took the 47... one!

cbirdsong
Sep 8, 2004

Commodore of the Apocalypso
Lipstick Apathy
Is there a nice app for browsing/analyzing steps counted using HealthKit? You can't look at the data very many ways using the built-in Health app.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Where do you input the codes again?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

ICHIBAHN posted:

Where do you input the codes again?

On iOS, open the App Store, scroll down to Redeem.

Butt Savage
Aug 23, 2007
Took T3PW. Thanks.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I must be losing my mind because I can't see Redeem in the App Store or the Apple Store app.

UK btw.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe

ICHIBAHN posted:

I must be losing my mind because I can't see Redeem in the App Store or the Apple Store app.

UK btw.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Must be a location thing, not seeing it in the UK, thanks for your effort there though.

Roobsa
May 1, 2011

UK here. Just tried a code and said it's for US only. Balls.

Sobriquet
Jan 15, 2003

we're on an ice cream safari!
Thanks, I took the top one in the right column...ending in FRJH.

dexter6
Sep 22, 2003
How cool - I pointed my camera at the computer screen and it looks like one just worked.

MAGIC

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

dexter6 posted:

How cool - I pointed my camera at the computer screen and it looks like one just worked.

MAGIC

Kind of scary in a way

Dancing Peasant
Jul 19, 2003

All this for stealing a piece of bread? :waycool:

I haven't seen this posted (I think), but the latest update for LastPass now allows you to login via TouchID instead of having to type in your password, which is much needed compared to the other password apps who have already done this.

As a LastPass user, I'm definitely satisfied.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Fun Shoe

Dancing Peasant posted:

I haven't seen this posted (I think), but the latest update for LastPass now allows you to login via TouchID instead of having to type in your password, which is much needed compared to the other password apps who have already done this.

I'm glad it's working for you, but that's how I've been rolling since 8 dropped. :smug:

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
Grabbed the 37AM code. Thanks!

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009
Does anyone use any PGP solutions for iOS? I'm looking at iPGMail and a couple others that turned up in search results but none have any extensive reviews or ratings.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

dexter6 posted:

MAGIC
I was gonna ask if that worked, it grabbed the MTYP one for me.

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"
which weather app do goons recommend that also includes wind chill or some other similar "real feel" type temperature information?

I am often in places that appear much warmer than they are and I'd like to know that its technically 50 but this icy wind will make it feel 34.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
It's not like I use the app much (if ever, really) but does anyone else have a 6+ and StarTracker app? They keep releasing updates claiming to have fixed 6+ issues but since I got my 6+ it's like the screen is off center on 2 sides (top and side) about an inch leaving a huge black border and like no useful functions to the app. But the reviews (last I looked0 didn't seem to mention anything.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Swiftkey is getting on my nerves. It's hard to even install their updates now and each update either brings new problems or fails to address major ones.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Feenix posted:

Select pic, it uploads, press copy to clipboard, paste link wherever.

Is Picup the app with the nonplussed cloud icon?
When I open it I get a iPhone 4 sized viewport that says "History" with no buttons or gestures that I can find.

Edit:

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

It stopped working for me in ios 8.

Oh right, thanks.

cbirdsong
Sep 8, 2004

Commodore of the Apocalypso
Lipstick Apathy

Xguard86 posted:

which weather app do goons recommend that also includes wind chill or some other similar "real feel" type temperature information?

I am often in places that appear much warmer than they are and I'd like to know that its technically 50 but this icy wind will make it feel 34.

Dark Sky has this right on the main screen.

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"

cbirdsong posted:

Dark Sky has this right on the main screen.

Perfect!

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata
Dark Sky told me it was snowing today. I believed it.

It wasn't snowing today.

You people and your weather apps...

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
Words cannot describe what a disaster the pie was.
I live in Oklahoma and I was just happy to finally convince myself to spring for Radarscope. It's 10bux but if you want to see if a high velocity mesocyclone's coming for your neighborhood it is amazing.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
WHAT ABOUT THE WIDGET

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

You just fucked with the wrong Mexican.

Disappointing Pie posted:

I live in Oklahoma and I was just happy to finally convince myself to spring for Radarscope. It's 10bux but if you want to see if a high velocity mesocyclone's coming for your neighborhood it is amazing.

That is a great app. It took me about 2 storms to decide on spending the :10bux:

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

~Coxy posted:

Is Picup the app with the nonplussed cloud icon?
When I open it I get a iPhone 4 sized viewport that says "History" with no buttons or gestures that I can find.

Edit:

Oh right, thanks.
Sorry, I'm a dingus. This whole time I meant "upit".

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
I'm hoping to use my Ipad for travels instead of hauling a laptop with me all the time, but I'm having some problems.

The other day I wanted to send an e-mail with several attachments. Since the native mail app no longer (?) supports Gmail push, I'm using the Gmail app for all my e-mail stuff.

I'm using Pages for writing and making PDFs. How do I easily attach these PDFs in e-mails I wanna send out? I didn't get it to work last time and instead had to copy/paste the text. Also, how do I get the Gmail app to work with more than one attachment? Whenever I push the attachment button in the Gmail app, the only choices I get are 1. attach a photo, 2. attach some stuff from (Google) Disk and 3. make a drawing.

Is there really no way to attach Dropbox stuff, or things from Pages?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Xabi posted:

I'm hoping to use my Ipad for travels instead of hauling a laptop with me all the time, but I'm having some problems.

The other day I wanted to send an e-mail with several attachments. Since the native mail app no longer (?) supports Gmail push, I'm using the Gmail app for all my e-mail stuff.

I'm using Pages for writing and making PDFs. How do I easily attach these PDFs in e-mails I wanna send out? I didn't get it to work last time and instead had to copy/paste the text. Also, how do I get the Gmail app to work with more than one attachment? Whenever I push the attachment button in the Gmail app, the only choices I get are 1. attach a photo, 2. attach some stuff from (Google) Disk and 3. make a drawing.

Is there really no way to attach Dropbox stuff, or things from Pages?
You can send more than one file at a time with the Gmail app, but you have to add each one individually. There's no way to select a bunch of items and send them that I can tell. As you noted, it will only send from your photos or from Google Drive.

There's at least a couple ways you can do this off the top of my head:
1) Use the share button within Dropbox to send (though this only sends a link rather than the actual file, it seems). It'll have to go through the Mail app (just set it to only refresh manually, so it never uses data/battery except to send emails), but that shouldn't matter. I assume Pages has something similar, but I don't use it, so you'll have to figure that out for yourself.
2) Use an app like Documents by Readdle that hooks into Google Drive and Dropbox, and upload your documents to Google Drive and send through the GMail app this seems like it would be a lot more involved, though, so the first is going to be better for sending individual files, if nothing else.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
Thanks! This seems like it could solve the problem, but I must admit it's a lot more difficult than it IMO should have to be. Sometimes I really miss a simple way to store files on the ipad and send them along, as you can do on a computer. But a proper file system will probably never happen so I should just let that dream die right now.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Fun Shoe
In my experience the best solution is to just send Drive or Dropbox links. Get other people on a cloud synced workflow for collaboration and you'll all enjoy life more.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Xabi posted:

Thanks! This seems like it could solve the problem, but I must admit it's a lot more difficult than it IMO should have to be. Sometimes I really miss a simple way to store files on the ipad and send them along, as you can do on a computer. But a proper file system will probably never happen so I should just let that dream die right now.

You *might* be able to do it with GoodReader, but don't quote me on that, as I've only minimally used it.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Fun Shoe

Endless Mike posted:

You *might* be able to do it with GoodReader, but don't quote me on that, as I've only minimally used it.

The answer is that you can. PDFs and .docs and videos get sent as is without any of that terrible google drive conversion that you have to turn off. You can also select multiple files and send them in one email quickly.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Dancing Peasant posted:

How did you do this? I still have to enter my password every time I login. Even though I have touch ID activated.

Kamakaze9
Jun 11, 2005
Hey you guys!!

obi_ant posted:

How did you do this? I still have to enter my password every time I login. Even though I have touch ID activated.

You have to have remember password selected

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

Also have the logout time set really short, since it still prefers the PIN over touchID while logged in.