Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
Someone needs to throw up a game so I can play as these assholes already. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BurntCornMuffin
Jan 9, 2009

Kitfox88 posted:

Someone needs to throw up a game so I can play as these assholes already. :v:

Isn't prototype going to run on this patch? I'm seriously considering breaking my "never not pick Ermor when it's allowed" rule so I can blow my economy on mummies.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
loving patch needs to hit Steam already.

Applebee123
Oct 9, 2007

That's 10$ for the spinefund.
I wonder what the horror changes are, no more float cats?

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Speleothing posted:

loving patch needs to hit Steam already.

It did just now.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

EA Xib

MA Xib

LA Xib

Nazca (MA)

Turin Turambar fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Nov 3, 2014

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

EA Xibalba is a bit weird.

-Their base unit is a naked 7g/2r humanoid bat with 7hp/7str and cold blooded, flying, forest survival, stealth (40), patrol -1, blind.
-Weapon versions are light lance, club sword, and mace+darts.
-You can pay up +2/+2r for a slightly stronger guy with mictlan armor (8ptr), but only with sword.
-The holy version is 16g/15r, 9hp,str8,13prot,13att,11def,mr12,mor13 with magical sword. He is capital only, who knows why given how "strong" he is.
-Then they have scorpions! In three sizes, size 1/2/3. The lil'one has 1hp and it's only 1g/1r, and it only does 1dmg, lol.

-But they have a good variety of commanders. Most of them need a temple to recruit, on the other hand.
They have
Batab (scout)
Ajaw (priest level 1)
Ajaw Kan Ek (old priest level 2)
Scorpion Trainer (+3 beastmaster)
Chilan (E1D1H1)
Ah Nakom (B1H1) Blood Searcher, causes unrest
Ah K'in (F1H1+100% EDB)
Ah Itz (D1B1+100% AEDB) Blood searcher
Camazotz (same but old and D2)
Ah K'in Kan Ek' [gently caress these names btw] (F2E1D1H2 +100% EDB), old
Onaqui (like the summon but with D3N1B3H2+random, 565gold)

So very weak, cheap army with stealth and flying, and several mages with Death, Blood and some Fire. In special it has blood mages that are cheap and have blood searcher so it's basically a blood nation?

edit: Theft of the Sun is 70 death gems. Not only gives awe to their holy units, also possibly more fire magic to the Ah K'in. They also can summon 1 giant sacred scorpion with 2 gems.

Turin Turambar fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Nov 3, 2014

Applebee123
Oct 9, 2007

That's 10$ for the spinefund.
For Nazca it seems if you suicide either of the 290g cap mages it comes back as the 850g mage with innate spellcaster 2, absorbing the other type of cap mage if you have any. So it seems you could for instance lose 30 mages in a big fight and they would all come back a second time.

So you could get 30 Coyas to cast gifts from heaven and not recruit any incas, then when they die you have 60 casts of gift from heaven a turn in the next big fight.

Applebee123 fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Nov 3, 2014

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
LA Xibalba, "Way"s have a shape change into "Ah Itz" instead of the jaguar form they are described as having.

edit - It doesn't do anything interesting apart from removing their -4 poo poo researcher skill.

goatface fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Nov 3, 2014

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Patch just dropped like the corpse of my A5 mage who was going to cast eyes of god to an AI elf assassin, gently caress you fool of sound.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Applebee123 posted:

For Nazca it seems if you suicide either of the 290g cap mages it comes back as the 850g mage with innate spellcaster 2, absorbing the other type of cap mage if you have any. So it seems you could for instance lose 30 mages in a big fight and they would all come back a second time.

So you could get 30 Coyas to cast gifts from heaven and not recruit any incas, then when they die you have 60 casts of gift from heaven a turn in the next big fight.

ohh..

/Reads in game descriptions.

Oohh. Mind blown. What a cool mechanic! Love it.
We are not worthy, etc.
edit: and they are great reanimators.

Supaya: Sacred ethereal undead flying 16def unit with storm immunity and magical spear.

Turin Turambar fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Nov 4, 2014

garth ferengi
Dec 20, 2009

EA Xibalba is the best nation in the entire game outside of maybe Asphodel and LA Ulm

TheresNoThyme
Nov 23, 2012
Nazca pretenders own, even the terrible giant condor looks awesome

edit: frog assassins

TheresNoThyme fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Nov 4, 2014

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Nanomashoes posted:

Patch just dropped like the corpse of my A5 mage who was going to cast eyes of god to an AI elf assassin, gently caress you fool of sound.

hahahahahaha

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

fool_of_sound posted:

hahahahahaha

You'd think with 40+ commanders in his province he'd be safe.

EAT THE EGGS RICOLA
May 29, 2008

Oh Hello.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

TheresNoThyme posted:

edit: frog assassins

in my test game just one of these dudes has mulched like every indie commander it's gone up against in assassinations

TheresNoThyme
Nov 23, 2012

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

in my test game just one of these dudes has mulched like every indie commander it's gone up against in assassinations

To be fair, most assassins will do that just cuz of 50% darkness plus indy commanders dying to anything that looks at them. They are sacred, which is cool, but cap-only is very meh

Xibalba has some weird single target buffs including one that grants regen and one that grants reinvig. Probably useless like a lot of the other national buffs, but maybe not

garth ferengi
Dec 20, 2009

Is there a list of all the new unit IDs yet? I need to update pudmod, I've got a big update in the works that has just been waiting for this patch, I'll be putting up a few games along with it too

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Hero I suppose?

EAT THE EGGS RICOLA
May 29, 2008

Turin Turambar posted:

Hero I suppose?

Yeah, at least LA Xibalba

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

TheresNoThyme posted:

To be fair, most assassins will do that just cuz of 50% darkness plus indy commanders dying to anything that looks at them. They are sacred, which is cool, but cap-only is very meh

Xibalba has some weird single target buffs including one that grants regen and one that grants reinvig. Probably useless like a lot of the other national buffs, but maybe not

to be honest, if these things weren't cap-only there'd soon be a lot of people swearing at ma xibalba players for having a bunch of red toads stabbing the gently caress out of their commanders

EAT THE EGGS RICOLA
May 29, 2008

Okay, this hero has Innate Spellcaster 3. What insane thing can you do in the first turn of a battle with that?

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
you can do basically gently caress all because innate spellcaster is not scriptable. you pick the first spell then it goes hog wild on the other two and probably murders your communion slaves

TheresNoThyme
Nov 23, 2012
I love how everyone talks about communioning those guys when nazca doesn't actually have any recruitable communion slaves...

Maybe there's a non-cap recruit I'm missing?

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

TheresNoThyme posted:

I love how everyone talks about communioning those guys when nazca doesn't actually have any recruitable communion slaves...

This may be my noob status talking but I think you should get a bunch of those guys who are the most expensive unit in the game and communion them together.

LordLeckie
Nov 14, 2009
Supaya looked really good until i saw the MR resist on the weapon. The mummify mechanic is pretty neat though needing to sacrifice 2 STR units to get the full strength Mallqui is bit painful. The magic versatility is cool though in the end theres only so many spells you can cast in battle/one thing you can do per turn.

LordLeckie fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Nov 4, 2014

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

TheresNoThyme posted:

lizard shamans

LordLeckie posted:

Supaya looked really good until i saw the MR resist on the weapon. The mummify mechanic is pretty neat though needing to sacrifice 2 STR units to get the full strength Mallqui is bit painful.

f9 bless does damage even if the mr negates portion of the attack fails

LordLeckie
Nov 14, 2009

jsoh posted:

lizard shamans

f9 bless does damage even if the mr negates portion of the attack fails

Yeah i figured the F9 might avoid that pitfall. And hey Nazca has a chassis with innate W1F1 that also doesnt have S1 stapled on like Neter of Kings.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
Patch has hit steam, if you haven't updated verify the integrity of your file to force an update on the game.

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

to be honest, if these things weren't cap-only there'd soon be a lot of people swearing at ma xibalba players for having a bunch of red toads stabbing the gently caress out of their commanders
I'm sad about LA Xibalba losing most of their toads

Also why does it say in EA Xibalba's description that Zotz don't care about their kin dying when they have crap morale?

amuayse fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Nov 4, 2014

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

amuayse posted:

Also why does it say in EA Xibalba's description that Zotz don't care about their kin dying when they have crap morale?

they care about themselves dying probably.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

jsoh posted:

they care about themselves dying probably.

Would be neat if Illwinter could implement a mechanic to properly represent this behaviour. Like for example, they have poo poo morale because they don't want to die themselves, but since they won't care about others dying, a unit with only Zotz in it could take higher losses before a morale check occurs.

Edit:

By the way, is the new mod manual out yet? I want to use the new commands!

Boing
Jul 12, 2005

trapped in custom title factory, send help
I dunno, seeing a bunch of your countrymen slaughtered is still scary even if you don't care about their lives, because you know that you're next.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

amuayse posted:

I can only think he wrote that line of text because he knew people would recruit them by hundreds and most will die easily battle after battle, but yeah, they have crap morale.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Have you seen the Nazca Summon Condors spell?

Air 2, 9 gems, summon 10+ condors.

(Sacred, Stealthy 140, Patrol Bonus 20, Siege bonus 5)

edit: I thought they could be superb stealthy raid force with stealth 140 but the formula is:

quote:

Stealth strength: Stealth value of leader -1 per stealthy unit in his army (or zero if unit has >=+50 in stealth)
Destealth strength: Sum of Destealth strength of all patrolling units - unrest/2 (capped at unrest 100) + (province defence - 14 if province defence is 15 or greater)
So a non-commander unit with stealth 55 is the same than a unit with stealth 140.

They also have a spell imitating the Nazca lines, that boost rituals and lower enemy mr in that province, but it can be cast only in wasteland.

Turin Turambar fucked around with this message at 13:16 on Nov 4, 2014

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Turin Turambar posted:

Have you seen the Nazca Summon Condors spell?

Air 2, 9 gems, summon 10+ condors.

(Sacred, Stealthy 140, Patrol Bonus 20, Siege bonus 5)

edit: I thought they could be superb stealthy raid force with stealth 140 but the formula is:

So a non-commander unit with stealth 55 is the same than a unit with stealth 140.

They also have a spell imitating the Nazca lines, that boost rituals and lower enemy mr in that province, but it can be cast only in wasteland.

So wait, if you magic those condors into leaders, you'll have stealth 140 leaders? Combined with units too stealthy to drag your commander down, this still looks like a superb stealthy raid force. You'll just have to work for it a bit.

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness

Libluini posted:

So wait, if you magic those condors into leaders, you'll have stealth 140 leaders? Combined with units too stealthy to drag your commander down, this still looks like a superb stealthy raid force. You'll just have to work for it a bit.

Yup, though I'm not sure how you'd get the priest levels required to bless em.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Yeah, I suppose you could GoR one of them. They are both pro pillagers and pro anti-pillagers, with the patrol bonus 20 (10 units x 20 = like a 200 man army patrolling?).
The spell also scales well, with a Pretender with Air5 he summoned 16 instead of 10.

edit:

quote:

"Yup, though I'm not sure how you'd get the priest levels required to bless em."

Prophetize the GoR'ed one? :P Ok a bit excessive and gimmicky maybe.

edit 2 : You could also take a Inca, which is a flying H3 commander, and give him a stealth item. That way you have a flying commander to lead them and also bless them. Hell he is a sacred A2F2 mage with Awe and storm immunity, you could even try to make it a light thug.

Turin Turambar fucked around with this message at 13:39 on Nov 4, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

A Nazca hero, adept +8, pity he is super old.

• Locked thread