Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
Takagi, She-Wolf of the SS, continues. In this episode: How Not to Lie.

Every single panel where she psychologically tortures this poor boy is exquisite; comedy at its finest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I like the art style in Boku no Hero Academy, it's really unique.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

DrSunshine posted:

Takagi, She-Wolf of the SS, continues. In this episode: How Not to Lie.

Every single panel where she psychologically tortures this poor boy is exquisite; comedy at its finest.

I'd really like a cross-over between Takagi and Tonari no Seki-kun - a battle of will and wits between the Teasing Titan and Seki would be absolutely glorious to behold.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Another chapter of My Hero Academia!

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012
Monster X Monster's first serialized chapter is out. You might remember the Oneshot that came out a while back. Check it out, it's not what you'd expect.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Law Cheetah posted:

Monster X Monster's first serialized chapter is out. You might remember the Oneshot that came out a while back. Check it out, it's not what you'd expect.

lol this owns

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
I love how mad people are in the comments that the series doesn't seem to cater to shounen clichés. It's amazing to me because shounen settings like this are always about a world where pokemon training/card games/cooking is the Most Important Thing In The World and the main character wants to be the best in the world at it. Then they focus on someone who doesn't give a poo poo.

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.
Last chapter of Seven Deadly Sins was pretty good. Is it winding down or just this arc? They keep talking about the Climax and such.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I highly doubt it's ending, it's probably just the end of the arc.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

nerdz posted:

I love how mad people are in the comments that the series doesn't seem to cater to shounen clichés. It's amazing to me because shounen settings like this are always about a world where pokemon training/card games/cooking is the Most Important Thing In The World and the main character wants to be the best in the world at it. Then they focus on someone who doesn't give a poo poo.

I enjoyed the first two chapters, but I can see why people are leery of it as a continuing series. So far it basically has one joke, even if it is a good joke. There's still plenty of interesting places it can go from here, though.

madmac
Jun 22, 2010

Irritated Goat posted:

Last chapter of Seven Deadly Sins was pretty good. Is it winding down or just this arc? They keep talking about the Climax and such.

They've still got at least one Sin left to introduce and the whole Demon Invasion Prophecy thing. Probably just the first big arc winding down.

KoB
May 1, 2009

madmac posted:

They've still got at least one Sin left to introduce and the whole Demon Invasion Prophecy thing. Probably just the first big arc winding down.

They also only just introduced Arthur, which is bound to be important. It is kind of weird that they're already wrapping up the plot that started the story in the first place though.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Allarion posted:

Another chapter of My Hero Academia!

This series is too fun/light-hearted, it's doomed.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Fabricated posted:

This series is too fun/light-hearted, it's doomed.

Time will tell on that front, but have another chapter of superhero highschool!

I've mentioned it before, but it has started off at a good ranking from the get-go, bumping into the top 5 right away, and even managing to beat out One Piece and Assassination Classroom on one occasion. Even if it's doomed, Jump is promoting the hell outta it at the moment since it just got two color pages in a row, as well as staying within the top 5. I haven't been paying attention to rankings long enough to know if it matches the trend of sticking around forever, but I know that it hasn't gotten the death knell of starting in last place which happened to a lot of other new manga this year. If its first volume sells well, Jump will definitely try to keep it around.

CVE
Jan 27, 2012

Allarion posted:

I've mentioned it before, but it has started off at a good ranking from the get-go, bumping into the top 5 right away, and even managing to beat out One Piece and Assassination Classroom on one occasion. Even if it's doomed, Jump is promoting the hell outta it at the moment since it just got two color pages in a row, as well as staying within the top 5. I haven't been paying attention to rankings long enough to know if it matches the trend of sticking around forever, but I know that it hasn't gotten the death knell of starting in last place which happened to a lot of other new manga this year. If its first volume sells well, Jump will definitely try to keep it around.

Don't ratings only apply from the 7th issue onwards or something? I think I remember reading something about that. Or are we simply behind in scanlations which would obviously solve that issue and make sense.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Allarion posted:

That's good to hear. It definitely has a unique feel to it for a Japanese shounen/action manga.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

CVE posted:

Don't ratings only apply from the 7th issue onwards or something? I think I remember reading something about that. Or are we simply behind in scanlations which would obviously solve that issue and make sense.

Yeah pretty much. We're also behind in scanlations since no one wanted to pick it up right away.

jwang
Mar 31, 2013
My Hero Academia is pretty good. It's like a scaled down version of One-Punch Man. And now I want Saitama as an educator there. "You want to be a hero? Okay, do 100 push-ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and run 10 km every day. Also, no AC, make sure to eat bananas, and brush your teeth."

buzmeg
Jul 8, 2004
The Megg of Buzz

jwang posted:

My Hero Academia is pretty good. It's like a scaled down version of One-Punch Man. And now I want Saitama as an educator there. "You want to be a hero? Okay, do 100 push-ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and run 10 km every day. Also, no AC, make sure to eat bananas, and brush your teeth."

"But, sensei, I like my hair ..."

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

Is anyone still keeping up with Birdmen? Tanabe Yellow's new (kinda) ongoing? The updates have been... sclerotic, what with getting dicked around by scanners on top of what was already a monthly release schedule, but it seems to be kicking into gear with the latest chapter. It's got that typical shounen "heroic will forged in the moment of greatest weakness" thing going on that always gives me a little tingle in the fingers.

Epoxy Bulletin
Sep 7, 2009

delikpate that thing!
The last chapter of Now Leaving Tokyo (oneshot collection from Hinamatsuri's author) is up

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Autonomous Monster posted:

Is anyone still keeping up with Birdmen? Tanabe Yellow's new (kinda) ongoing? The updates have been... sclerotic, what with getting dicked around by scanners on top of what was already a monthly release schedule, but it seems to be kicking into gear with the latest chapter. It's got that typical shounen "heroic will forged in the moment of greatest weakness" thing going on that always gives me a little tingle in the fingers.

I am still following Birdmen although sometimes I forget when the latest chapter is released. I'm a fan of the manga-ka's art style.

Should I catch up with Til Death Do We Part the last I read it when they went undercover in the HS and were attacked by the secret special squad?

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

Alder posted:

Should I catch up with Til Death Do We Part the last I read it when they went undercover in the HS and were attacked by the secret special squad?

Till Death Do We Part is now interesting again now that the boring Undercover Highschool Arc is finished and now it's essentially Until Death Do Us Part: Shadow of Duhana as Mamoru hangs out in Duhana

OneDeadman fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Oct 28, 2014

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Two new chapters of Seven Deadly Sins. Gowther status: still the best, currently rising to even greater heights.

Terper fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Nov 2, 2014

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Hum, that's some intresting developments that are happening there. Especially concidering Ban

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.

Terper posted:

Two new chapters of Seven Deadly Sins. Gowther status: still the best, currently rising to even greater heights.

Petition to rename manga Gowther and the Other Deadly Sins

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I wanna make an imgur album of all of Gowther's best moments, but then I have to include every page he is on.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Terper posted:

I guess this explains why he's the Sin of Lust.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I'd completely missed Gowther doing his mind magic thing to Guila back when the knights were going berserk.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

My Hero Academia is up to chapter 6, I'm enjoying it quite a lot.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Yeah My Hero Academia is pretty great.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Finally, a spiritual successor to Iron Folgore

jwang
Mar 31, 2013
Here's hoping that it can keep up its momentum and not get axed. Also, totally need a crossover with One-Punch Man.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I kind of wish navel laser guy was the main character.

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

Law Cheetah posted:

This is really great. The main character reminds me of Gin-san, actually the setting is kinda Gintama-like.

Epoxy Bulletin
Sep 7, 2009

delikpate that thing!

kidcoelacanth posted:

I knew I recognized him from somewhere

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

kidcoelacanth posted:

Lets not be crazy, Folgore is invincible and forever.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
From the creator who brought you Psychological Torture Master Takagi-San, comes an all-new serialization about an older brother with a younger sister who's actually a blood sucking zombie!

Futdatsuki no Kyoko-Chan

I think I like "Takagi-San" more than this, at the outset, but I'm willing to give this author the benefit of the doubt not to take this in a creepy or generic way.

DrSunshine fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Nov 11, 2014

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

is anyone else reading the shounen story about ballroom dancing? because you need to be so we can get more than 4 chapters of it translated. Ballroom e Youkoso is the name

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

DrSunshine posted:

From the creator who brought you Psychological Torture Master Takagi-San, comes an all-new serialization about an older brother with a younger sister who's actually a blood sucking zombie!

Futdatsuki no Kyoko-Chan

I think I like "Takagi-San" more than this, at the outset, but I'm willing to give this author the benefit of the doubt not to take this in a creepy or generic way.

It's gone in a fairly creepy direction already.

I thought the sister-loving trend was dead, but I guess that's only true of anime, not manga.