Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
will I later regret not putting effort into this poll?
Yes
No
View Results

• Locked thread
96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

What are the best multiplayer gametypes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Haha I got an "ELITE!!!" version of that laser rifle called the PWNER or something that shoots pink dubstep laser.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

Customfresh posted:

Anything that isn't based off of how well your team can set up a spawn camp.

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp

causticBeet posted:

Anything that isn't based off of how well your team can set up a spawn camp.

Momentum had the first game I've played in a long time where I felt legit spawncamped and not just bad. The only time I lived past 5ish seconds was if I went Full Wild Weasel jumping and got a lucky shot immediately after spawning.

Theres some cool new gametypes I havent tried yet.

RonMexicosPitbull fucked around with this message at 08:26 on Nov 4, 2014

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Feenix posted:

laser rifle called the PWNER or something that shoots pink dubstep laser.

buying the game right now

BabelFish
Jul 20, 2013

Fallen Rib
The more I play this game, the more I realize there's perhaps 3 worthwhile weapons in the whole drat thing.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Customfresh posted:

I usually play Ground War because I like having more people to shoot while jumping like an idiot

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

FAT SLAMPIG posted:

I usually play Ground War because I like having more people to shoot while jumping like an idiot

welp.

TDM is a joke compared to Dom. I'm sitting #1 or #2 in all my TDM and go 6-18 in Dom.

the gently caress

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp

Customfresh posted:

welp.

TDM is a joke compared to Dom. I'm sitting #1 or #2 in all my TDM and go 6-18 in Dom.

the gently caress

I think its because protecting a point is so much easier than trying to take one. Theres a million more angles and places with the new movement to cover a point than in previous games.

Wearsyourgodnow
Jul 21, 2009

protip: turn on the paintball mode in the multiplayer options menu

best addition to a call of duty game since the sprint button. I just wish there were more colours.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

shot the president of the usa, goty

TheOne
May 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT RUINING EVERYBODY'S LIFE
Im really liking this game so far. Ive played every cod to date and this is the first one that the movement is conducive to my playstyle. Ive always been a fast twitch player, im finding it pretty easy. Very first game I played I got 56 kills. I could use some friends though as alot of mine have stayed on destiny.

psn eskimo-bob

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Wearsyourgodnow posted:

protip: turn on the paintball mode in the multiplayer options menu

best addition to a call of duty game since the sprint button. I just wish there were more colours.

Future DLC*

* Sold separately and not included in the Season Pass.

WirelessPillow
Jan 12, 2012

Look Ma, no wires!
My only complaint so far is the lack of vertical space, so far all the maps have been ground floor or second floor/roof with nothing above and it makes some of the movement feel awkward when you have to plonk to the ground to keep zooming. The map that has a tsunami warning is great for zooming about like a moron with a shotgun though.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Had one good match and now I'm getting matched versus prestiged 50 guys. :smith:

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

thoughts from someone who only got on board at blops 1:

love this game. big fan of the double jumping and dashing and just aerial bombarding dom points like a drunk lunatic. (which is what I was and forever will be)

TDM last night was pretty much camp free for large stretches. Some kids hiding in corners and the usual but with FAST VERTICALITY you can pretty much drop in like an angel of anti-camp justice and then punch them in their stupid throats.

As I go by the playstyle of "30 deaths is worth being top of the capture list" style I've been running support UAV with painting and extra time as my only scorestreak and I love it. Although kicking it to life in TDM and watching the score sharply change as their team gets mowed down by people is also magnificent.

at one point I spent 15 minutes drunkenly trying to choose between two paires of goggles.

Really enjoyed it. Will hook up with the PS4 faithful this weekend for some turbo violence.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

this is the most fun ive had with a cod since mw1. a+ would press x again

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Alteisen posted:

Had one good match and now I'm getting matched versus prestiged 50 guys. :smith:

Sounds like they Did the Dew™; so should you!

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Weird, this actually sounds fun. A fun CoD so soon after Blops 2? Things really have changed in the future.

Raithe
Apr 17, 2008

Don't worry: I've got the moon covered...
Maybe that extra year of development helped? Or Sledgehammer proving their worth while scaring the poo poo out of Infinity Ward.

I can't remember if BOYS is a PS4 clan or an Xbox one clan. Would be good to get the bone clan in the OP if there is one.

Goodchild
Jan 3, 2010
On consoles is there any way to set your Region? Over 50% of my games the majority of players in a match have red bars.

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
there was this racist piece of shit in your av so I fixed it
you're welcome
pay it forward~
This game is actually good. Seems like it has a way higher skill cap than Ghosts and BLOPS2 and I am loving all the customization and game modes to play from. Netcode seems solid but maybe I just got lucky with a few good games.

I like what I have played so far, coming from someone who immediately hated Ghosts and MW3. Might be the best game since BLOPS1 (which was my favorite). I can't wait to play the poo poo out of this this weekend.

Wilko
Dec 3, 2013

:toot:
Boost slamming people is way too much fun. The game even gives you cosmetic stuff for doing it consistently in a match.

https://gfycat.com/RigidHandmadeEland
https://gfycat.com/PleasingFewIndianelephant

Wilko fucked around with this message at 13:28 on Nov 4, 2014

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Wilko posted:

Boost slamming people is way too much fun. The game even gives you cosmetic stuff for doing it consistently in a match.

https://gfycat.com/RigidHandmadeEland
https://gfycat.com/PleasingFewIndianelephant

My love for the kniferun burns once more

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

The timed outfit pieces for doing something are quite amusing. Like the Bloodshed helmet.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

If the next CoD doesn't keep the exo stuff it's going to be so loving boring :lol:

buttchugging adderall
May 7, 2007

COME GET SOME
This game is a ton of fun and I don't even get why they put in "classic" playlists, what kind of boring loser would play those?

So Icey Seifuku
Dec 26, 2007

Dalai Trauma posted:

The timed outfit pieces for doing something are quite amusing. Like the Bloodshed helmet.

Honestly I don't think I'm ever going to replace the Sentinel Operator helmet. From what I've seen in game so far nothing tops a helmet with a A-10 style shark mouth on the full face visor.

So Icey Seifuku fucked around with this message at 14:30 on Nov 4, 2014

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

I haven't played COD since MW2 (where they poo poo on PCs and removed servers), grew up on games like Unreal and Quake. I played and really enjoyed Titanfall (hated the actual Titans)... Do you guys think I'll like this game? I can totally afford to buy it, but I can't decide if I'll actually like it. Been trying to watch gameplay streams and such, but I don't know.

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

So Icey Seifuku posted:

Honestly I don't think I'm ever going to replace the Sentinel Operator helmet. From what I've seen in game so far nothing tops a helmet with a A-10 style shark mouth on the full face visor.

I need this in my Advanced Warfare life.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The new mobility stuff is great for getting around but TTK is still too low to use it strategically 90% of the time. If a guy's camping a hallway he can still kill you in the time it takes to superspeed slide across. That's not new to the series or anything so it doesn't really bother me, but it takes some wind out of the jet around sails.

However I saw a guy with a pink trucker hat so GOTY.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Stumpalitious posted:

This game is a ton of fun and I don't even get why they put in "classic" playlists, what kind of boring loser would play those?
The same boring losers who wanted "no titans/AI" modes in Titanfall

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."

Stumpalitious posted:

Because a "sport" has to be balanced.

So this is actually good? Figures the first time I actually go through with never pre-ordering again after the last one would be a good one.

Stubear St. Pierre
Feb 22, 2006

Just a reminder for anyone reading this and debating whether to buy it--everyone likes every COD game for the first week or two, even Ghosts

Raithe posted:

Maybe that extra year of development helped? Or Sledgehammer proving their worth while scaring the poo poo out of Infinity Ward.

I can't remember if BOYS is a PS4 clan or an Xbox one clan. Would be good to get the bone clan in the OP if there is one.

BOYS is XBone, it isn't in the OP yet because most people who join at release quit the game within a week or two

I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack

Stubear St. Pierre posted:

Just a reminder for anyone reading this and debating whether to buy it--everyone likes every COD game for the first week or two, even Ghosts

Yeah, but THIS TIME IT'S DIFFERENT.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
Fell down some stairs...

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

http://teamcoco.com/video/clueless-gamer-call-of-duty-advanced-warfare?playlist=featured-videos

Here's some good stuff.

Skull Knight
Aug 2, 2013

Sexy bad choices
Lipstick Apathy

So Icey Seifuku posted:

Is there a place somewhere that has a list of all the armor crap that can come out of those boxes / mp? I've gotten like 5x KVA enlisted pants and it's kind of fustrating...

Goodchild
Jan 3, 2010
I just can't find good connections anywhere, I've played all night long and its nothing but awful lag-fests. It's not even just me, entire rooms of red bars. Titanfall never had this problem for me so it's not on my end.

I want to like a lot of things about this game but its impossible like this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010
Tracking drones are so much fun, can someone on a P4 or xbone do a high res gif of one? Also, I didn't realize uav's stacked to where you could see them thru walls was wondering how that was happening.

• Locked thread