Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
The Vietnamese conquered Chinagame

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Kylra posted:

Only because everyone else couldn't be hosed to stay around or outspend the trust fund children

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

You think this is a game?

Kylra posted:

In the same way the last team to leave the field wins the Superbowl.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Haquer posted:

Only because everyone else couldn't be hosed to stay around or outspend the trust fund children

its vietnam all over again

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Oh boy guys

http://massively.joystiq.com/2014/11/03/age-of-wulin-to-finally-release-in-europe/

someone needs to make a new thread for taht

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

I thought it already launched :confused:

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/pjps2p809tf97ff/AACMFh3GvsAGVsY2NgQzOrGla?dl=0

there are those faces on my drop box if you ever want to animate them.

Tolth
Mar 16, 2008

PÄDOPHILIE MACHT FREI

If I play this will it be a better game?

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that

Tolth posted:

If I play this will it be a better game?

Hard to tell but it's not run by Snail so yes.

Estraysian
Dec 29, 2008
Wulin is actually fun and not filled with botters and hackers. Server population is good after they merged them all into one. 4th inner patch hits at the end of the month.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

There's no chance of them not flooding the game with the ridiculous cash sets though which is where wushu went to poo poo.

Hole Wolf
Apr 28, 2011

Estraysian posted:

Wulin is actually fun and not filled with botters and hackers. Server population is good after they merged them all into one. 4th inner patch hits at the end of the month.

Hop in now and catch all the worst parts of the game at once. Hope you rolled a beggar!

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

randombattle posted:

There's no chance of them not flooding the game with the ridiculous cash sets though which is where wushu went to poo poo.

The only thing that can stop a bad guy with Ancient Tai Chi Fist is a good guy with Ancient Tai Chi Fist.

GreatestNerdEver
Aug 3, 2007
Considering the months and months of extra mountain man REs that Wulin had, cash shop sets are the least of the problems.

Coolwhoami
Sep 13, 2007

Tolth posted:

Man, this was depressing. I checked out the OP, downloaded the game, got really excited at the combat system and psyched for a decent new MMO, and then came back to read the rest of the thread. I wish I'd tried this out a year ago.

It is probably for the best. Goons shouldn't let goons play chinagame.

Super Space Jam 64
Jan 6, 2010

Yet another violation of regulation 1910 subpart D.
That first month and a half of chinagame was truly something special. I don't think there will ever be another game quite like it.

One of my best memories was the fun in roaming the countryside of suzhou in a swarm with a hundred other goons with sticks and rags as we searched for a random quest lady's poorly translated heirloom item because her text claimed it to be worth 10 ding (to be used in our glorious goonmunism program), killing anyone and everyone we saw and repeatedly scrapping with muderizing the elite pvp personas that cockily tried to drive us off. The huge gear discrepency didn't even matter because there were just so many of us; we were, at once, a furiously clipping mass of peasantry, descending upon all in our way like locusts upon a field, our numbers fading in and out of existence as our victims' clients struggled to render us all.

I also remember the pro elite pvp counter for our sheer numbers was to place monster bounties on individual members, which would cause us to fall upon each other and immediately murder the guy because drat 150 liang who doesn't want that!

That Jerk Steve
Oct 18, 2011

Super Space Jam 64 posted:

I also remember the pro elite pvp counter for our sheer numbers was to place monster bounties on individual members, which would cause us to fall upon each other and immediately murder the guy because drat 150 liang who doesn't want that!

Best part of that was going to the jail to laugh at the poor guy that got nailed with the bounty.

Normie Chomsky
Apr 10, 2008

Chinagame was always a bad game, but I'll be damned if it hasn't ruined mmo combat for me forever.

You know, before ancient tai chi fist.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

I disagree there was a time period there where it was good. It's a good game deep down.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

randombattle posted:

I disagree there was a time period there where it was good. It's a good game deep down.

Yeah the pvp was better than what most MMOs have, and the game was well designed to revolve around pvp for almost everything, which is stellar. Most new MMOs copy WoW which copied EQ and both were really pretty terrible for pvp from balance issues to only ever having consensual pvp. If not for the awful translation and support (snail's fault), ridiculous power creep (f2p games in general), and their really janky ping weirdness and autoparry, I might still be playing.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Rexxed posted:

Yeah the pvp was better than what most MMOs have, and the game was well designed to revolve around pvp for almost everything, which is stellar. Most new MMOs copy WoW which copied EQ and both were really pretty terrible for pvp from balance issues to only ever having consensual pvp. If not for the awful translation and support (snail's fault), ridiculous power creep (f2p games in general), and their really janky ping weirdness and autoparry, I might still be playing.

Man gently caress autoparry. Without that, all the Viets would've been hosed so hard in every aspect of the game that they already weren't.

It was amazing that no actual Viet player could do poo poo in Mt Hua competition because of their awful ping so they just lent their account to a US player :cawg:

PassiveSentence
Jun 2, 2013
It's so lonely at the top with my follow exploit :smuggo:

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

PassiveSentence posted:

It's so lonely at the top with my follow exploit :smuggo:

Man Jayen was abusing that poo poo for months and then when called out on it he told everyone "you can't follow people in the hua arenas" to which Leffe took a screenshot to prove him wrong. Was a good time.

Hal_2005
Feb 23, 2007

Third World Reggin posted:

its vietnam all over again

So, was BigBo Henry Kissinger ? And which one of us was Nixon and who was George H Bush. I call dibbs on Bush only because Để cho tôi yên has so much history now.

Hal_2005 fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Nov 9, 2014

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

http://massively.joystiq.com/2014/11/14/blizzard-fights-snail-games-over-panda-design

Snail games lie, cheat and cut corners? Well I never!

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
They're also being sued by the former US director of development http://massively.joystiq.com/2014/11/14/snail-games-sued-by-former-director-of-development-on-age-of-wus/

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...
loving beautiful :allears:

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

If they need me to testify I will confirm that snail games is lovely.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Surprise goon witnesses, each more surprising than the last

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Deer hunting video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBDB6v4F9JE

Games beta has been pushed back and the rumor is for 10 more months. This is because of a combat overhaul.

Super Space Jam 64
Jan 6, 2010

Yet another violation of regulation 1910 subpart D.
I animated the dongslap emote from the files someone duped a while back.

bonus:

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Super Space Jam 64 posted:

I animated the dongslap emote from the files someone duped a while back.

bonus:

I miss my china themed chatting simulator :( (barely)

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007
It was a fun ride. I wonder if Teleprompter is still the number 1 divinator?

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Kegslayer posted:

It was a fun ride. I wonder if Teleprompter is still the number 1 divinator?

No, by the time I quit there were several pay2wins up there as well

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

What an amazingly crooked ride it was.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

I found kingcee's arch nemesis in Far Cry 4

(ignore the weird color issues, I used fraps to screenshot and it came out blue hued ???)

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

It was pretty fun while it lasted though.

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

Fantastic email I just got.

Dear Player,
The Snail team has been busy, and we’re very excited to announce our upcoming mobile game, Taichi Panda!
Taichi Panda is a fast-paced dungeon crawler, using the same graphics engine as Age of Wushu and Black Gold Online to create an exciting and stunning 3D adventure for mobile!
Taichi Panda will be out for our early Beta test on Testflight for iOS! If you have a device with iOS 8 or higher, now is your chance to apply to be chosen as one of our early players in this exciting new adventure, currently #1 in China!

Lucky Beta testers will get a chance to try the game early, and will receive special rewards at the game’s full release!
We can’t wait to show the world this great new game. Be the first to try it!
Sincerely,
The Snail Games Devs

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I thought netease (WoWs china distributor) had sued snail already for that game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hole Wolf
Apr 28, 2011