Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
will I later regret not putting effort into this poll?
Yes
No
View Results

• Locked thread
Shannow
Aug 30, 2003

Frumious Bandersnatch

objectively bad posted:

MG2 is better if you want to hang out in a steam chat and get to know people you're playing with. If you want to use a group that only exists to give people a list of goons they can spam AW party invites at, then sure, the other group is better.

Also that other one currently has a total of 3 members as opposed to MG2's 628 so um yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anuj
Oct 14, 2005

~anime crew~
~R.I.P. Soap-san~

objectively bad posted:

MG2 is better if you want to hang out in a steam chat and get to know people you're playing with. If you want to use a group that only exists to give people a list of goons they can spam AW party invites at, then sure, the other group is better.

We also serve as a constant reminder as to why you should not associate with goons.

Spudsly
Jul 11, 2006
I'll be back on the Bone (SpudsSpudsly). Is this unlocking stuff on the official webpage something I should care about? It doesn't even end up making sense to me but that's probably just because I'm old.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

venutolo posted:

This might be relevant info to you: http://www.amazon.com/review/R1F800DOG4XBSB/

If I recall correctly, this is what I read and followed to allow my mixamp to handle the game and chat volumes separately, but that was a while ago, so I don't really remember.

Awesome, I'll give that a try tonight. Thanks!

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Evil Canadian posted:

I haven't played since Black ops 1 and the game is pretty chill, reminds me of cod with some tribes and UT 2004 mixed in :)

It's good to see that the bar of modern FPS is "plays *almost* like something released over ten years but not quite as good"

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Evil Canadian posted:

I haven't played since Black ops 1 and the game is pretty chill, reminds me of cod with some tribes and UT 2004 mixed in :)

It's a mix of everything I like in modern shooters with little pieces of all the things I played as a kid. It's nowhere near as frustrating as the last few CoDs and the different builds are great for tuning things to your skill and preferences. I have no idea what the next developers in line are going to do to top this unless they just do AW2 with minimal changes.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

It's good to see that the bar of modern FPS is "plays *almost* like something released over ten years but not quite as good"

That's not surprising since the bar of modern consoles is "plays something released over ten years ago but not quite as good".

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Kilometers Davis posted:

It's a mix of everything I like in modern shooters with little pieces of all the things I played as a kid. It's nowhere near as frustrating as the last few CoDs and the different builds are great for tuning things to your skill and preferences. I have no idea what the next developers in line are going to do to top this unless they just do AW2 with minimal changes.

Well the next guys in line are Treyarc so expect blops 3.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Shotguns are great because they're accurate even when hipfired, which means using exo dodge is not awkward with a shotgun.
Use a shotgun. And the rail pistol as secondary weapon, because it's basically a sniper rifle.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Aphrodite posted:

That's not surprising since the bar of modern consoles is "plays something released over ten years ago but not quite as good".

It's pretty bad when your game isn't even up to par with titanfall.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

It's pretty bad when your game isn't even up to par with titanfall.

Sorry, did you think I was saying having more than 2 customization options and 3 guns instead of wall run was a negative? I should have been more clear.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Freaquency posted:

Awesome, I'll give that a try tonight. Thanks!

Which headset are you trying to get to work? I'm gonna try those steps too and see if I can finagle something.

I snagged X42s used hoping I could get them to work, but neglected to notice the tiny fine print hidden in a compatibility page that says you need to use the kinect as a mic and the mic doesn't work with the chat adapter, which makes no sense to me because what's the goddamn point of the chat adapter then?

I also tried to hook up my old X11s but I couldn't hear or broadcast chat at all, but I also don't know if that was a problem with AW or with the chat adapter. I also use that set for my PC and switching back and forth constantly would be a pain in the rear end.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

"Hey lets all buy a game thats worse than Titanfall, a game that raised the bar of modern FPS games to an inch off the floor and was praised for it's next gen experience" ~ idiots in this thread

A game doesn't have to be revolutionary to be fun which is sad because Titanfall was neither.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Titanfall was really good for 1-2 weeks until all the content was explored, which is something that can't be said for any CoD game. Kinda was hoping this CoD would just rip off Titanfall but add more poo poo and welp looks like they were like "+sparebar to jump, good enough".

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
isn't the Xbox One thread missing your hot gaming takes right now?

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Guess at which point of buying downloading and playing titanfall did i discover there was no campaign

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Nighthand posted:

Which headset are you trying to get to work? I'm gonna try those steps too and see if I can finagle something.

I snagged X42s used hoping I could get them to work, but neglected to notice the tiny fine print hidden in a compatibility page that says you need to use the kinect as a mic and the mic doesn't work with the chat adapter, which makes no sense to me because what's the goddamn point of the chat adapter then?

I also tried to hook up my old X11s but I couldn't hear or broadcast chat at all, but I also don't know if that was a problem with AW or with the chat adapter. I also use that set for my PC and switching back and forth constantly would be a pain in the rear end.

I have some wireless Ear Force Bravos that weren't working at all with the adapter- sound was dropping out every few seconds and they were generally useless. I also have a wired XL1 that was having the issue ven's post is supposed to fix, so it might just be a wireless vs. wired issue. Or the adapter could just suck :iiam:

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

Titanfall was really good for 1-2 weeks until all the content was explored, which is something that can't be said for any CoD game. Kinda was hoping this CoD would just rip off Titanfall but add more poo poo and welp looks like they were like "+sparebar to jump, good enough".

The issue with Titanfall was that the ttk was too high, there weren't very many weapons, there was almost 0 customization, and there were very few gametypes.

CoD may be just rehashing the same old thing they've always done but there's a reason they're so successful. Their games are fun to play.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Daric posted:

Their games are fun to play.

Except ghosts.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Is this game any different than the older ones?

all apologies
May 13, 2008

woah
PSN is squarpushr..I was trauma on the 360 add me let's do this

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

RC Cola posted:

Is this game any different than the older ones?

You can jump really high and boost. Also dubstep guns.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

Well, you can boost in mid air too. And double jump! :v:

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
Can someone please explain why party chat is the default on PSN

because I really miss ragemics

RiperSnifler
Aug 19, 2005
Well shit
I bought this on PC and am enjoying it so far. I know Ghosts was a huge fuckup on the PC but other than that these games are always a good time.

I just don't get why people get so worked up about this game every year and I don't think I ever will.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
people get worked up about CoD because it's incredibly fun to squad up and play with friends.

I understand why PC gamers may not understand this but trust us when we say that it is fun

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

Speaking of which, do we have a clan yet?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Mister Macys posted:

Speaking of which, do we have a clan yet?

I don't think CoD accounts have worked yet.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
Pillow Talk is the PS4 clan but I'm curious to see if there is going to be a BTSX style offshoot.

BabelFish
Jul 20, 2013

Fallen Rib

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

I've found it's the solo guys yelling into an empty room that give the best ragemics anyway.

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD
If you get locked out from joining a certain clan because you accidentally rescinded your application is there any way to unblock yourself?

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

people get worked up about CoD because it's incredibly fun to squad up and play with friends.

I understand why PC gamers may not understand this but trust us when we say that it is fun

Yeah this is pretty much the whole reason behind it. Playing other games and not hearing "are there any cute boys in this lobby" is really boring.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
has anyone found the cave you shoot at for more supply drops yet

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

Yeah, let's skip party chatting from here on out. I want to hear the anguished screams of children.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Unlucky7 posted:

Well, you can boost in mid air too. And double jump! :v:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92Pktf9Nb1Y&t=70s

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Coming to this from BF4/Destiny, is there any tips or something? I hadn't played a CoD game much since MW2, and I've just been getting wrecked constantly.

I'm trying to give it a fair shake since I think a lot of the game modes are cool, and the movement is interesting with the air dashing and whatnot, but I die constantly from seemingly nowhere.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

I don't understand. Do you actually play this new call of duty or are you here just to complain it is not titanfall? Basically :frogout: :spergin:.

Dickbutt Ouroboros
Nov 13, 2002

handbandit?
Son of a bitch!

Hmmm. I might actually break down and buy this to play with the BOYS. It's sounding like less of a clusterfuck than the last few CODs at release.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

Fibby Boy posted:

Yeah this is pretty much the whole reason behind it. Playing other games and not hearing "are there any cute boys in this lobby" is really boring.

someone petition sledgehammer to allow for 3 seconds of unmuted chat from a team that just dunked the satellite in uplink for trash talking purposes, thanks in advance

• Locked thread