Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Rhonne posted:

Does anyone know what Scalebound is even going to be yet?

Nope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

TheRealestMatt posted:

Killer Instinct
Sunset Overdrive
Quantum Break
Scalebound

Just off the top of my head.

But I suppose that goes same for me in regards to the PS4. There's absolutely zero exclusive titles on there that I care about, and thus, don't have one.

KI looks okay but I would rather play any other new fighting game that's been out recently (Ultimax and Xrd are leagues better), Scalebound isn't out for more than a year and we don't even know what its going to be, Sunset Overdrive is yet another third person shooter platformer by Insomniac games with some of the loving most annoying writing I've had to sit through in recent memory and Quantum Break looks super loving generic like despite all it's big flashy set pieces and time things the game play looks stiff and boring and unfun to someone who has had enough of third person cover-shooters.

I still bought D4 though. Gotta give SWERY my energy.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

Andrast posted:

PS4 is kinda on the same boat for me. I only want it for Bloodborne, but I'm really not getting a console for 1-2 games.

This is where I'm at but replace Bloodbourne with Resogun. That's the only PS4 game that's intrigued me since the console launched and Geometry Wars 3 is going to scratch that itch very soon. Probably not going to get one until it's like ~$200. Maybe ~$250 if something really compelling gets announced in the future.

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

The Boss. The CEO. The J-Cup Lover.
"KI looks okay but I would rather play any other new fighting game that's been out recently (Ultimax and Xrd are leagues better)"

Wow.

They are completely different games. That's like saying, "Virtua Fighter is way better than Fatal Fury" and honestly, I'm super tired of Arc System Fighting games, as they all play very similarly. Have you even played KI? Or know anything about it? It seems like you've "looked" at it.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

TheRealestMatt posted:

"KI looks okay but I would rather play any other new fighting game that's been out recently (Ultimax and Xrd are leagues better)"

Wow.

They are completely different games. That's like saying, "Virtua Fighter is way better than Fatal Fury" and honestly, I'm super tired of Arc System Fighting games, as they all play very similarly. Have you even played KI? Or know anything about it? It seems like you've "looked" at it.

I've played about 30 matches of it and the most I can say for it is "Eh. This isn't for me." Which is why I said I'd rather play another fighting game, because KI just isn't my bag. Sorry, Matt. :shrug:. It doesn't help that I can't stand KI's art style or character designs. The whole game just doesn't click with me. The only character I actually think is cool is Skeleton-Lord Spinal

Plus Ultimax's lobby system is so much better than any similar game I can think of from recent years. It's very good.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Nov 4, 2014

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

Fair enough. Similarly, I don't like Arena, or it's expansion, Ultimax. They are not for me, not to mention I couldn't care less about the persona universe.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

TheRealestMatt posted:

Fair enough. Similarly, I don't like Arena, or it's expansion, Ultimax. They are not for me, not to mention I couldn't care less about the persona universe.

That's kind of how I feel about KI. It just feels way too 'Trying to be cool' in a 90's way so to me all the characters just feel like MK characters. That's a bit unfair, KI is 1000% more diverse and interesting than pre-X MK, but they fill that same Niche in my brain.

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

Can Pat and Liam just watch each other jack off already so there isn't this weird sexual tension between them?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

goldblums eyes posted:

Can Pat and Liam just watch each other jack off already so there isn't this weird sexual tension between them?

No. Let it build until this ends in the big ol' hatefuck over some dumb argument about anime (Probably Log Horizon.)

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

TheRealestMatt posted:

Well thats because regular SMT is like 40 millions times better than Persona, that's right, I said it. YOU TELL THOSE NERDS I SAID IT!

Also did anyone see that podcast trailer video and instantly think of Gene from Bob's Burgers?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCt0mfue8ao

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

Commissar Ken posted:

Also did anyone see that podcast trailer video and instantly think of Gene from Bob's Burgers?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCt0mfue8ao

Bob's Burgers needs more love. I also want to watch more Rock and Morty after Woolie recommended it a while back. I enjoyed that as well.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

TheRealestMatt posted:

Killer Instinct
Sunset Overdrive
Quantum Break
Scalebound

Just off the top of my head.

But I suppose that goes same for me in regards to the PS4. There's absolutely zero exclusive titles on there that I care about, and thus, don't have one.

WHat about metal gear

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

Just to say, hearing them talk about D4 in the podcast and now watching them play it, it makes me want to buy D4.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I don't know if it's the ominous lighting of woolies apartment but pat has a cool looking jacket in the podcast video.

e: I thought they went back to 15 minute episodes in S4 of Dethklok.

Stairmaster fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Nov 5, 2014

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Judge Clayjar posted:

WHat about metal gear

That's coming to PC.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Commissar Ken posted:

Well thats because regular SMT is like 40 millions times better than Persona, that's right, I said it. YOU TELL THOSE NERDS I SAID IT!
No

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Man, Calaca's first form gets trivialized hard by the addition of Intenso, doesn't it? Infinite stamina costumes didn't help either, I think those made the two hardest fights in the game a lot easier (Jaguar and Calaca 1). Also, the only way to beat that dive move consistently is by never being in the ground, it's infuriating otherwise.

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE

Tae posted:

That's coming to PC.

And Xbone. And PS3. And 360. People have weird idea's of exclusives nowadays.

Speaking of which somebody mentioned Kingdom Hearts 3 as a PS4 exclusive earlier and it's not. Both KH3 and Final Fantasy XV are coming to the Bone in addition to PS4.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Oh my god I cannot handle D4

swery is god

Ruggington fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Nov 5, 2014

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
I love D4 so much. Roland is so great and unsettling and they haven't even started talking to him yet. That whole fight sequence is so amazingly dumb.

I also absolutely love the soundtrack to this game, it's so good.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYhHk5Rg9QU

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Dias posted:

Man, Calaca's first form gets trivialized hard by the addition of Intenso, doesn't it? Infinite stamina costumes didn't help either, I think those made the two hardest fights in the game a lot easier (Jaguar and Calaca 1). Also, the only way to beat that dive move consistently is by never being in the ground, it's infuriating otherwise.
I don't know about the revised version of the game but in vanilla you could slip in a headbutt after each attack you landed on Galaca 1, cutting the fight in half. You could also juggle Javier in mid-air with the headbutt. The headbutt is your friend.

The new video is only 21 minutes? I guess Liam didn't realize that they missed a whole area. :v: This should be fun.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Ruggington posted:

Oh my god I cannot handle D4

swery is god

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Watching D4, reminds me of that Jim Sterling article where he jokingly said Deadly Premonition was blatantly better than Heavy Rain and a bunch of people got up in arms about it. That was several years ago, but thinking about it, it's so interesting how American culture is filtered through the eyes of Swery and David Cage and how it's reflected in their games. Cage's games are interesting in concept, but fall apart with execution with their setting. Swery is just kind of nuts and really, really, likes American food...

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Compendium posted:

Cage's games are interesting in concept,

Nope. They're really not.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Cage's games are Hollywood, The Greatest Hits of. When's Volume 4 coming out, anyway?

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
Watching the Heavy Rain LP, that game amused me with how stupid it was.

Watching the Indigo Prophecy LP, that game made me actively angry at how stupid it was.

Watching the Beyond Two Souls LP, that game made me stop watching the Beyond Two Souls LP with how boring it was.

All the Stand jokes and bad french accents in the world can't make me give a gently caress about that game, sorry guys.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

I'm just being generous with the word. I use it too much when I don't feel strongly about something one way or the other. :( (Indigo Prophecy is anger inducing though.)

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

I played D4 with the Kinect and the QTE fights are actually pretty fun with it. Everything else is awkward to control though.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

TriffTshngo posted:

Watching the Beyond Two Souls LP, that game made me stop watching the Beyond Two Souls LP with how boring it was.

All the Stand jokes and bad french accents in the world can't make me give a gently caress about that game, sorry guys.

Hopefully you'll go back and finish it. Because god drat does it finish strong in the hilariously overwrought category, easily the rival of Indigo Prophecy. In fact, I'm going to say four words, just four words, to encapsulate how insane and off the rails B2S gets. You ready?

Underwater.

Chinese.

Ghost.

Base.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
The plane fight scene is when I was 100% sold on this game. It's so good.

Here's the fight song for the curious https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYhHk5Rg9QU

Blockhouse fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Nov 5, 2014

AShamefulDisplay
Jun 30, 2013

hoobajoo posted:

Hopefully you'll go back and finish it. Because god drat does it finish strong in the hilariously overwrought category, easily the rival of Indigo Prophecy. In fact, I'm going to say four words, just four words, to encapsulate how insane and off the rails B2S gets. You ready?

Underwater.

Chinese.

Ghost.

Base.

This guy knows what's up.

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

gently caress trophy 2k14 posted:

I don't know if it's the ominous lighting of woolies apartment but pat has a cool looking jacket in the podcast video.

e: I thought they went back to 15 minute episodes in S4 of Dethklok.

Yeah. My grandpa has the same jacket.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Pat stole Matt's grandpa's jacket confirmed

Marshal Radisic
Oct 9, 2012

hoobajoo posted:

Underwater.

Chinese.

Ghost.

Base.
"No gods or kings, only JAY-SON!"

Trexy
Aug 7, 2007

wife/GF
can't/won't
Is there a reason Dark souls went from every other day to it seems like once a week? Back to back Japan trips seem like the obvious answer but it seemed like from how long it took "know what I mean? Perfect" to catch up with them that they were a month ahead posting schedule.

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

This is a total guess but is Roland in D4 the doctor who saved David by performing surgery on his gunshot wound? I figured that he was a "giant" because David saw him from on top of a surgical table, and his perspective and drug fumes made him look toweringly tall. They like to show him from a low angle in the game, too. Maybe the surgery he did is related to David's power. That's the first thing that came to my mind when David wondered who he was.

Minorkos fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Nov 5, 2014

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

After watching the LP and looking up some stuff online I did genuinely respect how much work they put into the multiple endings and slight/major changes in the game that were put in if main characters are killed off during the main playthrough/Ethan failing some of the tests. That definitely was a shitload of extra work they didn't have to do and could have sidestepped competely if they added a giant GAME OVER screen at every wrong turn. Much, much respect for Heavy Rain for pulling that off, even if their execution there could have been better (hide in the fridge? really?). Everything else about it sucked.

Beyond Two Souls tried none of this, no choices/consequences mattered and it was all a weird, pretentious mess. gently caress Beyond Two Souls. Best part of that LP was the boys' zero hesitation at the suicide attempt off the parking garage :hehe:

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

beep by grandpa posted:

Beyond Two Souls tried none of this, no choices/consequences mattered and it was all a weird, pretentious mess. gently caress Beyond Two Souls. Best part of that LP was the boys' zero hesitation at the suicide attempt off the parking garage :hehe:

Beyond Two Souls was basically Indigo Prophecy 2: Electric Ghost Boogaloo.

EDIT: Also, I felt like clarifying about what I said a few posts above with American culture as viewed by Cage and Swery; the former makes it really boring and drab, Swery likes putting his own spin and it results in diverse and colorful personalities and quirks of the culture and people.

Compendium fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Nov 5, 2014

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
D4 looks incredible, I am having a blast watching every crazy minute of it unfold.

Whoever at microsoft let the game go out and die like that is a goddamned war criminal, SWERY should really reexamine his partnership with microsoft if this is how they're planning on treating his games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

Heavy Rain is the most frustrating of David Cage's games because it's the one with the most potential to be great and it squanders it so hard.