Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.

goodness posted:

Any reports for jb/os8 on a 5? Don't want to loose how smooth 7 is running.

As I posted earlier it was causing a process to make my battery life take a major poo poo (actually I just said gently caress it and bought a space grey 64gb iPhone 6 this afternoon, was planning to do it anyway) so I restored it back to normal and got it unlocked by AT&T so I can sell it.

So you can roll the dice with 8.1 JB, hopefully you won't "loose" the smooth running of 7.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009
Pangu 0.3 is now out which fixes the high CPU usage on 32-bit devices

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so

spongeworthy posted:

It's probably just in my brain, but this seems noticeably faster, and it doesn't ask for my iCloud password every time I unlock anymore...

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Anyone know when biteSMS may be updated? Their site and Twitter seem to have been abandoned.

Also, what was the tweak that allowed you to modify the panel you drag up from the bottom? Can't remember the name of the panel.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Just a heads up so you're not caught off guard at the store like I was... Either the jailbreak (or temporarily turning off passcode *for* the jailbreak,) apparently removed all my cards on file for apple pay.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

ICHIBAHN posted:

Also, what was the tweak that allowed you to modify the panel you drag up from the bottom? Can't remember the name of the panel.

Auxo

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I'm so impressed you got that from my vague question! Thank you.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Auxo 2 which is for ios7 and up I think

Which rules. 10x better than the original one

The swipe up for home button action is a god send. But I wish the app that did just that and swipe left and right to cycle between apps was still being updated. I preferred that one since it was swipe up and not swipe from bottom right corner like auxo 2

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Nov 2, 2014

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer

spongeworthy posted:

Aré we supposed to re-run the jailbreak to get updated?

Running the Pangu app is not offering me any updates.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Pretty sure you update through cydia and you're fine?

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009
Yeah, through Cydia. If you're not on a 32-bit I don't think it's necessary to upgrade at all unless you really want to. I'm not going to until some fix for all devices in general is added.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Any tweaks that allow you to choose how music files are opened? Wanna stop using the Music app.

Bouchacha
Feb 7, 2006

ICHIBAHN posted:

Any tweaks that allow you to choose how music files are opened? Wanna stop using the Music app.

You mean you're looking for something to replace how your music library is accessed? I really like Aria if only for the queuing capabilities.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Sure. I basically want to take Music right out of the equation.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

ICHIBAHN posted:

Sure. I basically want to take Music right out of the equation.

Related: how would one make it stop defaulting to the music db when I press "play" to resume spotify from the CC, but since Spotify isn't backgrounded, it just plays the one track in my library which happens to be David Lee Roth's vocal-only track from Runnin' With The Devil?

I mean, I don't really want that feature to go away because it always makes my day about 25% better, but I'd be interested to know if it's possible.

the_worm_
Mar 11, 2001
Anyone tried Five Icon Dock yet? It looks updated, but it's bunching all five icons on the left of the screen on my Iphone 6 (JB on 8.1)

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

the_worm_ posted:

Anyone tried Five Icon Dock yet? It looks updated, but it's bunching all five icons on the left of the screen on my Iphone 6 (JB on 8.1)

Are you using the one at http://repo.rpdev.info ? Try that one if not, it was recently written for iOS 8.

Also Pangu 0.4 is out with another fix for 32-bit devices.

the_worm_
Mar 11, 2001
betterFiveIconDock on that repo worked perfectly, thanks

bobfather
Sep 20, 2001

I will analyze your nervous system for beer money
Jailbreak kicks rear end now. If you haven't yet, upgrade to iOS 8.1.

Funny story - running stock iOS 8.1, I was reasonably happy even missing the plethora of tweaks I had become accustomed to. The little improvements (like being able to use the 1Password extension) are just amazing.

Now that the jailbreak is out, something pretty great is even better.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
I'm gonna be that guy and ask why I want to upgrade to ios 8? The only device I have that would take it is my ipad 3. I haven't had the time to do research on this one so my only experience with it are the shrill voices of the internet saying ios 8 drained their battery and hosed their mom off the siphoned energy.

bobfather
Sep 20, 2001

I will analyze your nervous system for beer money

Zigmidge posted:

I'm gonna be that guy and ask why I want to upgrade to ios 8? The only device I have that would take it is my ipad 3. I haven't had the time to do research on this one so my only experience with it are the shrill voices of the internet saying ios 8 drained their battery and hosed their mom off the siphoned energy.

For one, I'd be concerned with being on the newest version of iOS for all of the security vulnerabilities it fixes. Nevermind the new features it introduces.

iOS 8 will probably be slower on your iPad 3 than iOS 7 was, though.

Rick Rickshaw
Feb 21, 2007

I am not disappointed I lost the PGA Championship. Nope, I am not.
The biggest pain in the rear end that comes from not upgrading is when eventually apps stop supporting your OS version.

Then when you want to upgrade there's no jailbreak available for the current version.

JiUC
Aug 3, 2004

X-ray reflectivity is a technique used to study crystalline structures. Making use of Bragg's law, λ=2dsin(θ), one can assess the thickness of a thin film by measuring the angle of total reflection, and compar

sorry if this has already been asked but is there an iOS8 version of LockInfo or Intelliscreen yet?

JiUC fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Nov 4, 2014

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

Who else see da leprechaun say yaaaa!
Could someone please post the link to the spreadsheet of tweaks and their iOS 8 compatibility? I've searched the thread but can't find it.

It would be super if it would be added to the OP as well.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Here's the spreadsheet.

Tapedump
Aug 31, 2007
College Slice
^^ Link's broken.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

That's actually offline, has been all day for some reason.

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

JiUC posted:

sorry if this has already been asked but is there an iOS8 version of LockInfo or Intelliscreen yet?

There's a beta of Priority Hub out for iOS8 right now, but I haven't seen anything about LockInfo yet. I never paid attention to IntelliScreen so I'm not sure about that one.

spongeworthy fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Nov 4, 2014

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

Pretty painless jailbreak. What's weird though is no packages show up in Cydia and I'm not sure what to do, honestly. Nothing shows up in BigBoss or any other repo, in fact the only visible package is ultrasn0w, lol. Weird.

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

decypher posted:

Pretty painless jailbreak. What's weird though is no packages show up in Cydia and I'm not sure what to do, honestly. Nothing shows up in BigBoss or any other repo, in fact the only visible package is ultrasn0w, lol. Weird.

What device? And have you rebooted a few times? Has the device been jailbroke before on older OS?

I'd recommend you deleting some package caches but if you don't already have iFile installed or OpenSSH you won't be able to do that. May need to redo jailbreak if a reboot doesn't fix it up.

spongeworthy fucked around with this message at 07:41 on Nov 4, 2014

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

spongeworthy posted:

What device? And have you rebooted a few times? Has the device been jailbroke before on older OS?

I'd recommend you deleting some package caches but if you don't already have iFile installed or OpenSSH you won't be able to do that. May need to redo jailbreak if a reboot doesn't fix it up.

I rebooted a handful of times and nothing. Figured it out though and it's really silly on my part, but obviously a bug: I had to go to sources, hit edit, then done, and it properly reloaded the sources and now I see packages. Hitting refresh probably would have done it, too. Don't know why it wasn't checking properly when cydia starts like normal, but it seems to be behaving normally now.

Thanks for the reply.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

decypher posted:

Could someone please post the link to the spreadsheet of tweaks and their iOS 8 compatibility? I've searched the thread but can't find it.

It would be super if it would be added to the OP as well.

There were some reddit links posted within the past couple days scroll back through the thread

Thirst Mutilator
Dec 13, 2008

iOS 8.1.1 patches the current jailbreaking exploit

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

Here's hoping they have some other exploits up their sleeve. If you're holding out on an A6 or better device now is the time to upgrade and jb.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

GOnna hang onto my JB on 8.1 until I know what it is it fixes. 8.1 isn't perfect, but if 8.1.1 doesn't fix the poo poo that I'm still experiencing... no dice.

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Feenix posted:

GOnna hang onto my JB on 8.1 until I know what it is it fixes. 8.1 isn't perfect, but if 8.1.1 doesn't fix the poo poo that I'm still experiencing... no dice.

It probably won't. Usually the .1 release of iOS is the one that fixes the bugs and slowdown but it looks like it will be a .2 or possibly .3 release. iOS 7.1 didn't come out until March.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

drat. Hope my new phone at least shipped with 8.1

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so
Poop... Looks like I'll be upgrading my phone to 8.1 today, and just waiting to jailbreak until the tweaks I need are updated...

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Is 8.1.1 out yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so

Klungar posted:

Is 8.1.1 out yet?

It just got pushed to beta developers, so got a couple days at most until it goes live

• Locked thread