Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kurrant
Jan 7, 2014
What's this about robots?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Kurrant posted:

What's this about robots?

Robocop just became a free agent, the bidding war starts soon.

EDIT: New Hardcore TV on the previous page.

Blooming Brilliant fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Nov 4, 2014

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

RAW/Nitro do you guys have an ETA on your next shows being posted so we have an idea of how long we have to get ours written up?

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Shotgun posted:

Vic Venom intro for Shotgun, where he and Scotty Bollea talk about last week's main event, until Mark Henry enters for a match with Bollea
Mark Henry/Scotty Bollea, Henry wins
Longer Version of the graveyard video package from Raw.
Fucktrain vs Jeff Hardy, Fucktrain wins
Francine promo, with the Pitbulls standing menacingly at her side. She calls out the Legion of Violence
WWF Tag Team Titles: Pitbulls/LoV, goes to a time limit draw
Paul Bearer promo about the team of Tajiri and Kane
Kane vs Tom Prichard, Kane wins with a chokeslam off the top turnbuckle

I Before E fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Nov 5, 2014

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

IcePhoenix posted:

RAW/Nitro do you guys have an ETA on your next shows being posted so we have an idea of how long we have to get ours written up?

I'll be working on Nitro today, suffice to say we will have it posted before the next show (which is SLAMBOREE) books

Happyman
Jul 20, 2011

Say, do you take your mask off when you go to the bathroom?
:siren: Slamboree and the following week of TV runs on Saturday. :siren:

Try and get the shows up before then, so there is no backlog.

Der-Wreck
Feb 13, 2006
Friday nights are for Wapner!

YO HAPPYMAN wanna give me access to the WCW Dox? I'm gonna try and jump back into this. Just sent ya a request for permission to access the google drive doc.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

xNarUtoRKOrton420x posted:

" Sasaki quickly recovered his momentum and grabbed Angle's legs, he tried to put him into... I dunno honestly, some kind of KungFu Grip!? If he had gotten it locked in that would be the end of Angle!"

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

:siren: Team WCW Assemble! We have stuff to get done before Slamboree runs :siren:

Happyman
Jul 20, 2011

Slamboree ran, but the TV shows will have to run tomorrow. WCW, please come help your team.

Happyman fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Nov 9, 2014

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

I'm not going to be able to continue this game.

I don't mind writing up all the shows basically by myself, I enjoy writing and although I sometimes feel bad that I'm holding up the game with my effort posts, but it hasn't been a problem mostly. I also don't mind picking up the slack in booking and storylines when people are having difficult times finding hours to spare, I understand this game can take a significant time investment not everyone has, and I've had fun the whole way along even when I was working alone.

But today I called out for help in the thread and on skype, not a single person on team WCW was able to spare a single minute the entire day to check in. On a Saturday, when they were given several days advance warning that today was the day our PPV was going up, therefore there were certain to be issues that required decisions. But that's not what bothers me. What bothers me is at the end of the day Captain Yesterday, the only guy aside from me that has consistently shown up and been a team player for WCW since the start of this game, just leaves in the middle of a conversation. And that doesn't bother me because he left, it bothers me that I spent the next hour wondering if he left because I pissed him off with the story stuff I was pitching to him.

I don't know if he was just to tired to stay at his keyboard anymore, or his power went out, or if I did in fact piss him off royally. But when I spend my entire Saturday wondering where the hell literally anyone is so I don't have to make decisions for everyone without any input, and when someone finally does show up I'm left stewing over whether I've done something while making decisions for everyone without any input to accidentally make him hate me because what I consider fun is ruining his game experience, I don't see any reason to keep going.

Maybe I'm just imagining things and being a big dumb baby over nothing, but I'd rather not play than spend my time stressing about whether I'm making other people not want to play, especially Cap since he's been such a great contributor and teammate. Sorry if this kills the game, and thanks for listening to one last dumb effort post from me.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
Sorry, I was at a convention. :smith:

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

But it's 1997 WCW, not 2000 WCW!

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

Sanguinia posted:

I'm not going to be able to continue this game.

I don't mind writing up all the shows basically by myself, I enjoy writing and although I sometimes feel bad that I'm holding up the game with my effort posts, but it hasn't been a problem mostly. I also don't mind picking up the slack in booking and storylines when people are having difficult times finding hours to spare, I understand this game can take a significant time investment not everyone has, and I've had fun the whole way along even when I was working alone.

But today I called out for help in the thread and on skype, not a single person on team WCW was able to spare a single minute the entire day to check in. On a Saturday, when they were given several days advance warning that today was the day our PPV was going up, therefore there were certain to be issues that required decisions. But that's not what bothers me. What bothers me is at the end of the day Captain Yesterday, the only guy aside from me that has consistently shown up and been a team player for WCW since the start of this game, just leaves in the middle of a conversation. And that doesn't bother me because he left, it bothers me that I spent the next hour wondering if he left because I pissed him off with the story stuff I was pitching to him.

I don't know if he was just to tired to stay at his keyboard anymore, or his power went out, or if I did in fact piss him off royally. But when I spend my entire Saturday wondering where the hell literally anyone is so I don't have to make decisions for everyone without any input, and when someone finally does show up I'm left stewing over whether I've done something while making decisions for everyone without any input to accidentally make him hate me because what I consider fun is ruining his game experience, I don't see any reason to keep going.

Maybe I'm just imagining things and being a big dumb baby over nothing, but I'd rather not play than spend my time stressing about whether I'm making other people not want to play, especially Cap since he's been such a great contributor and teammate. Sorry if this kills the game, and thanks for listening to one last dumb effort post from me.

:stare: Are things really this bad? I can try and help out if anything needs to be done.

Wiccan Wasteland fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Nov 10, 2014

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
WWF, look over the next week's show tab, because I didn't realize we needed SO much done with it, so I threw together a show in 5 minutes. Make sure I didn't do something stupid.

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

I'm usually around but was moving to a new house all week :( boy does this feel lovely. come back Sang!!!!!

Der-Wreck
Feb 13, 2006
Friday nights are for Wapner!

geeze, Sang, picked a helluva weekend to get all worked up... I was stuck in a wedding all weekend as a part of the wedding party so I had 0 time on the computer. Add to that a car accident and it hasn't left me much time to join in these past few days. BUT all that malarkey is over with and I was looking forward to working with ya.

so what does the survey say, big guy?

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
I'm sorry for being rude, but I'm running out of ideas myself. It's one of those stay-together-for-the-kids type deals.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

I'm sorry for blowing up. Like I said, its not the workload or having to do stuff on my own that upset me, it was the feeling that I was taking over the show entirely and ruining everyone else's good time as a result and maybe that's why they weren't showing up anymore.

If that's not the case and its just me getting inside my own head space, then I won't pack it in. I'll be back on the job tonight.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

And now that our regularly scheduled drama is done...

BigSexyWizardOfOz18 posted:

It's WCW Nitro baby, and it's the go home show for SLAMBOREE! This is gonna be one sick PPV! Here's the scoops brother:

The show opens with The Flawless Diamond himself Kurt Hennig and Number One Contender Kevin Nash coming to the ring. Hennig reminds the crowd that this week is the countdown to the end. "Slamboree is seven days away. In the past few weeks, you've witnessed the true power of the Flawless Diamonds, the sheer dominance we told you all we represented. Some of you didn't believe us when we said we were the real power behind professional wrestling, the dark hand that has controlled every company, every territory since wrestling was born. From Japan to London, from Quebec to Tijuana, from a sold-out stadium to an empty high school gym."

"All doubt will be gone after this Sunday. Diamond Dallas Page has hunted down Kid Rock like an animal, and on his behalf I am now officially accepting that open invitation to a match for the US title. Raven played Eddy Guerrero like a fiddle, and thanks to a little anger and misplaced sentiment the Television Title is as good as ours. And the all-mighty Macho Man is about to get run down and his title made into just another trophy by our chosen champion, the man who will bring WCW to it's knees, Kevin Nash. Oh, and lets not forget my personal consolation prize, the final nail in the coffin of the Four Horsemen in their long campaign of failure trying to stand in our way. Sunday night, our victory will be... Flawless."

His speech finished, he hands over the mic to Nash, who calls out Commisioner Rick Rude. Nash tells the boss that since he wasn't ready to wrestle last week, he wants a proper tune-up in tonight's Main Event. "So, 'Boss,' why don't you do yourself a favor, and set it up like this: get Flair and Luger, Mr. Macho and his little buddy Hawk, and the Outsiders, King Steven Regal... and the Flawless Diamond himself Curt Hennig will do YOU the honor of taking them apart." Rude clearly doesn't like being spoken too so condescendingly, but before he can speak Pomp and Circumstance hits the speaker and Randy Savage hits the ring... accompanied by Ric Flair!

The Champ says that this is an odd coincidence, because he was just about to come out here and suggest the exact same match. Flair takes over and says that since Lex "didn't get the chance to cave in the faces of either of you two dumb blondes, the Horsemen went to the Champ and suggested that we take tonight as an opportunity to squeeze in a beating between your hair dye sessions!" Savage then comments that as far as he's concerned, "Me and my friend Hawk consider it a personal pleasure to help tarnish a few Flawless Diamonds. So you bet your rear end that this match is on. And if Regal wants to show his face as well, then that's just gravy! DIG IT!" Rude puts himself between them and agrees to make the match before the four men start a fight.

Rick Steiner vs Brutus Briefcase. The opening match of the evening pits the Dogface Gremlin against everyone favorite evil lawyer. Briefcase seems clearly out of his league as he goes for an early shoulder tackle but eats a Steiner Line for his trouble! Brutus fights back with a nice neckbreaker and follows up with an elbow drop, but Steiner gets back and nails a snug Dragon Suplex! Steiner is starting to feel it and presses his advantage with some quick punches and a German Suplex, targeting the neck to power up the Steiner Driver... but suddenly Meng attacks! The Merciless One comes through the crowd and climbs the apron, and Steiner doesn't notice him until he reaches over the ropes and locks in the Tongan Death Grip!

Steiner starts to black out quickly... but he grabs Meng and arm-drags him into the ring! With his attacker disabled, Steiner pulls out a new move, adding a step-over toehold to his brother's Steiner Recliner! Tenay says the improved submission move, which doubles the pain of the victime, ought to be called the Steiner Refiner since it's such a step up from the original. Meng screams in agony until Brutus nails a big boot! Meng limps away from the ring as Brutus throws Rick into the corner, looking for the High Knee... but Steiner dodges! Briefcase hits the turnbuckle groin first, and his pain gives Steiner all the opening he needs to pick him onto his shoulders and nail the Steiner Driver. 1, 2, 3, Steiner wins despite Meng's interference!

Backstage, Raven lurks in a dark corner with Madusa. He tells her he doesn't want her ringside for his match at Slamboree. "I've failed the group once against Kid Rock. You were the perfect partner to destroy Chavo and Hector, and thanks to you Eddy Guerrero's mind will be so clouded with rage on Sunday I'll be able to take him apart. But this is my assignment. I have to prove that my world title in Barb Wire City was a sign of my strength, not their weakness. And when Little Eddy's unconscious at my feet, I want everyone to know that Raven didn't need any help to snuff out his rising star."

Madusa says she understands completely and she'll stay out of his way. "Besides, I've got a little job of my own to occupy me."

Arn Anderson vs Taka Michinoku. Taka comes out fighting for his life, knowing that Arn is just here to use him as a tune-up and not willing to go quietly. He batters Arn into the corner with some monster kicks and haymaker punches, then backs up looking for a corner splash... and Arn takles him in mid air and drives him all the way to the opposite corner! Double A beats Taka savagely, laying punch after punch into his skull and then chaining a backbreaker and a power slam to wreck his back.

Taka tries once of twice to drag himself back into the fight, but Arn smothers him with knife-edge chops and suplexes. Taka is clearly defenseless after several minutes of punishment, and the announcers (except Ventura) wonder if the match should be stopped for Taka's sake. Arn won't let the ref near him to check his condition, and we soon understand why as the ex-champion rolls him out of the ring... and starts taking up the ground padding! The bare concrete is exposed just as Taka climbs back to his feet again... only for Anderson to drill him into the stone with the Spinebuster! It's a repeat of what he did to Giant!

Anderson seems satisfied as he rolls Taka back into the ring... and then gives the crowd an "Uh, uh uh," look and picks him up one more time, delivering a second spinebuster. Mercifully, this time he covers and takes the pinfall.

Arn demands a microphone as he stands over a broken Taka. "This is your future Chris! You think fear is what got me to the top, huh? I got news for you, you don't know a drat thing about me. If you think I'm nothing but a harmless boogeyman I should have tossed you in the garbage much sooner. I hurt people Chris. I hurt The Giant. I hurt this poor little boy right here. And pretty soon, I'm gonna hurt you." He tosses the mic down and steps on Taka's chest on his way out.

The Certified Sweetheart Beulah McGillicuty and the Man of Mystery Rey Misterio Jr. are in the ring prior to the next match. "Sunday night's gonna be easy like Sunday Morning boys, because Ciclope's time is almost up! My client Rey Misterio's gonna wrap his big strong arms around that mask and just... oooh, just rip it off! Then EVERYONE can see what's underneath! I know you're all soooo desperate to find out the real identity of that dastardly man, and Rey Misterio's going to show the world! That's a promise from me to you, and remember, The Sweetheart knows what you like, and she always makes sure you get it!"

She blows a kiss to the camera, and Rey has a chuckle. "But before any of that can happen, we've got a match to win tonight! And it is my great pleasure to introduce my client's tag team partner for the evening: WCW's first Cruiserweight Champion, EL HIJO DEL SANTO!" Santo hits the ring and the two luchadors share a handshake.

Rey Misterio, Jr. and El Hijo del Santo vs Fire and Ice! James Mitchell leads his two rage slaves out to the ring like a liontamer, and when they catch sight of the two Luchadors in the ring they rush it to start off with a four man brawl! The ref finally breaks them up leaving Santo and Norton the legal men. Norton fires up early and lands a big rib-breaker before dragging Santo the ropes and hitting an elevated DDT, perhaps imitating Hashimoto's Kusanagi. Santo is slow to recover from the two big moves, but eventually manages to counter an Irish Whip with a springboard sunset flip and follows up with a surfboard! Ice doesn't take kindly to this and punts Santo in the ribs to break the hold.

Fire and Ice drag Santo into their corner and work him over, quickly swapping tags and showing they're not complete anger zombies with smart tactics like targeting Santo's legs to ensure he won't be able to land the Tope de Cristo. But Santo turns the tables quite suddenly by flipping over onto a handstand and hitting Ice with a headscissors takedown! The Son of the Saint hobbles to Misterio with all his remaining strength and makes the tag before Ice can recover, allowing Misterio to dart in front of Ice and hit that between rope tiger feint kick right into the kidney to keep the heels from tagging in the fresh man. Misterio follows up with several high spots that leave Ice Train dazed and confused. He sets the big man up for the West Coast Pop... and it connects! Misterio hooks the leg from his seat on Ice Train's chest and the ref counts 1...2...3! Misterio wins and his manager and partner congratulate him.

Booker T is backstage talking to the Giant. He said that since Hashimoto suggested he turn to his friends in tough times, Giant was the first person to came to mind. Giant seems touched. "You know Book, I'm not the kind of guy who makes friends easy. Most of the guys in the back are pretty intimidated by me. But after that whole thing with Muta and your brother, I'm proud to call you a friend too." They hug it out... then immediately think better of it, put some space between each other and change the subject.

Booker says he really wanted to talk about this whole Yummy Mummy thing, and if Giant has any ideas about what it means. "I don't know man. I mean, we've got some weirdoes around here, that's for sure. Those Navigator guys are like, robot musicians I guess? And Glacier and all those ninja types. Raven's kind of creepy and weird. All those Luchas with the crazy masks, I swear keep hearing Ciclope talking to himself... but a Mummy? With a curse? And, like, a FRUIT curse? That's beyond the pale. We haven't seen anything as weird as that since... I guess since I broke up the Dungeon of Doom."

That comment seems to intrigue Booker. "You know dog, now that I'm thinking about it, back when you was in the Dungeon you were kind of a freak yo-self. You fought Hogan in that Doomsday Cage and you were always talking about being Andre The Giant's son or some other nonsense. And you weren't the only one. Meng, Shark and Morrus were totally different guys in that crew than they are now." Giant considers that, and says "You know, I don't really remember much about when I was in the Dungeon. Everything is kind of a blur. That's strange isn't it?" Booker thanks him for his help and takes off without another word, leaving Giant even more confused.

The New Blue Bloods vs The American Males. Cruiser Champ Alex Wright starts the bout and makes things very hard on Marcus Bagwell, who finds his power offense stymied several times by Wright's technician work. Clotheslines, boots and attempted suplexes are countered flawlessly with chain wrestling, arm drags, and drop toeholds. Bagwell spends a lot of time eating mat as Alex works his shoulders to try and take some of his strength away, but we are treated a hilarious spot where Wright is thrown off and Bagwell drops back to the mat to do some Scott Steiner pushups! He bull rushes Wright and gut checks him into the corner, but Wright fights back with a face-buster and high-tails it to tag in Doug Williams.

Williams pounces on Bagwell and brutalizes him, hitting knees to the spin and ribs while he's still down and then just stomping him again and again. When Bagwell finally gets back up he's set up for a double-underhook suplex, but he's countered when Bagwell powers out and nails one of his own! Bagwell makes the tag to Riggs, who comes in hot and takes it to Williams while he's stunned, but he's soon shut down by a shocking snap suplex... which is followed up with a gutwrench suplex... and finally a big exploder suplex! The combo leaves the fresh Scotty Riggs totally out of gas, and Williams gleefully climbs the ropes and, almost defying belief, actually manages to land his finisher, the Bombs Away divine kneedrop. Williams hooks the leg and picks up his first victory in quite some time... and gleefully mocks the crowd with his tag partner.

Blue lights and a flurry of snow signal the return of Glacier! He poses in the ring, then cuts a promo: "Last Sunday, on WCW Worldwide I returned to the ring, to test my skills. Now I can confirm that my recovery is complete. Mortis and Wrath thought they had finished me, they tried to break this mortal shell of mine so nothing would stand against them. But they underestimated me, just as they underestimated my ally Shinya Hashimoto, the Shogun! Now, I have returned. Hashimoto's goals are different from mine when it comes to Mortis, but we both agree that he, Wrath and all of James Mitchell's forces must be stopped at all costs! So tonight, I vow revenge for my wounds. Wrath is an avatar of rage, and Mortis is a specter of darkness, but I swear to you that both of those monsters can bleed. And whatever foul ichor flows through those veins, I swear to you that it WILL! RUN! COLD!"

In a studio, Bobby Hennan has words for the fans. He says that tonight Meng couldn't stop Rick Steiner from winning, but that failure wasn't because of him. "It was because a champion doesn't do his own dirty work! It's the rest of my so-called new Heenan Family who should have been out there doing what had to be done to Rick Steiner! Because they couldn't, or wouldn't, the future World Champion, the Merciless Meng, was forced to sully himself with grunt work! Of course a Champion can't do grunt work properly, it's not his job! But Meng does have one job he never fails at, and that's destroying wrestlers in the ring! AND YOU CAN BET THAT'S JUST WHAT HE'LL DO AT SLAMBOREE TO THE DOG-FACED GREMLIN!"

The Thrillseekers vs The Navigators! The robotic rockstars are working that stiff Japanese style once again, and the announce team speculates that this is more practice for the No DQ environment, where it's going to be all about hard hits. Sonny Oono directs Lucky Tonzura's efforts against Lance Storm, and someone seems to have hit the turbo button on Tonzura because he's moving with unusual speed. Hit hits some major striking offense and Lance struggles to get anything going. Only when Tonzura lets up and uses an Irish Whip to set up a lariat does Storm come back, landing a nice flying crossbody and going to the mat to work on Tonzura's knee and ankle. Tonzura quickly slows down and Lance continues to attack the leg to set up the Canadian Maple Leaf. Finally, he throws Tonzura into the ropes, ducks down to catch the leg... AND EATS THE YAKUZA KICK!

Lance goes out like a light, but Tonzura kicked with his weakened leg and topples like a ton of bricks as well. Sonny goes mental trying to coax the damaged metal man back to make the tag to Gorgeous, and Lance barely seems to know where he is. Christian riles up the audience, getting them to clap and make noise so Lance knows where to go, and through their efforts he makes the hot tag just as the DJ enters the ring. Christian is a firebrand, running circles around Gorgeous with high-tempo attacks and putting him on the mat only to stalk him and do it again every time he stands. Gorgeous tries to fight back with some big kicks and lariats, but Christian dances around them effortlessly. Finally, Christian locks in the Showstopper and nails it, hooking the leg for the pinfall.

After the match, Brian James and James Winchester come out. Brian cracks a few jokes about how the hottest young stars in the company need the Plus Size Beastie Boys to take care of their business for them. "But lets get down to brass tacks here. You think you've got J+J+J over a barrel with this no DQ nonsense? Let me tell you something kiddies, when you were still showing teacher the baby teeth you got knocked out by a dodge ball, the Jamses were breaking bottles in biker bars, slugging it out with sailors in dockside slums, and breaking bones in backalley brawls. Ya'll are everything wrong with the 1990s, this clean cut bullshit trying to pass itself off as tough and extreme to sell t-shirts to 10 year olds. Thrillseekers? The only thing you're seeking on Sunday are our fists down your throats. And trust us boys, without any DQ's we're gonna take our sweet time getting them there, and when we're through we'll be one step away from being TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS OF THE WOOOOOOOOOOOOORLD!"

He passes the mic to Winchester, who concludes with, "and if you're not down with that, WE GOT FOUR WORDS FOR YA! KISS MY BAD rear end!"

Backstage, Dusty Rhodes interviews Hulk Hogan! Unusually, his tone is rather muted at first, as if he's exasperated about something. "Let me tell you somethin' Dream. The Giant is a drat fool. He was a flea-market champion. He was an idiot in the dungeon, and he's a bigger idiot now. Hulkamania isn't some carnival sideshow brother, it's a fundamental truth! People keep telling me my time is up, and he's better than the other's I've faced before, that this time will be different. It won't be... IT WON'T BE! I WON'T LOSE TO GIANT! EVERYONE THINK'S I'M GONNA LOSE TO GIANT! WHY WON'T YOU ALL JUST SHUT YOUR MOUTHS! NONE OF YOU GET IT! HULKAMANIA CAN'T DIE! YOU NEED HULKAMANIA! EVERY, SINGLE, MAN IN THIS BUSINESS WOULD BE IN THE GUTTER WITHOUT HULKAMANIA! EVEN I'D BE IN THE... NO, LOOK, HULKAMANIA IS ETERNAL JACK! AND GIANT JUST... JUST SHUT UP! SUNDAY! BIG BOOT! BIG LEG! DONE!"

Hogan walks off ranting and knockings things over. A stunned Dusty can think of nothing to say and simply throws back to the announcers.

Chris Benoit vs Alex Wright! In an unusual move, the Cruiserweight Champion has elected to take on the Crippler on the same night he wrestled in tag action, although without his title on the line. Ventura praises the heart and prowess of this true Champion, but Tenay thinks this might be a sign of arrogance more than anything else... or perhaps that he's counting on Arn Anderson once again costing Benoit a victory.

The match is quite even at every step of the way. Both men have a technically oriented style and they match blows and counter holds fabulously. Wright gains an edge when he switches to a few up-tempo Cruiserweight attacks, landing a lovely springboard senton and a bouncing off the ropes to land a dropkick to the knee. Benoit fights back with pure power, literally knocking Wright out of the air with a European uppercut! A corner catapult and some turnbuckle punches stun the champ and lead to everyone's favorite, the Rolling Triple German Suplex! Now firmly in control, Benoit targets the neck and shoulder, prepping for the Crossface.

However, the Cruiser Champ isn't out of the fight just yet, as he counters a wristlock with an Irish whip and nails Benoit with a headscissors takedown, and puts him in an double chickenwing! Benoit counters by rolling over and bridging, pinning Wright's shoulders! 1...2... Wright releases the hold and powers out. The Cruiser Champ gets up first and stalks a hurt Benoit, looking for the Jaeger Breaker. He grabs the arm, whips Benoit into position... but the Rabid Wolverine grabs Wright around the throat with his free arm and counters with an inverted vertical suplex, planting Wright face-first onto the canvas! Benoit immediately goes for the Crossface... and it's locked in! Wright has no choice but to tap!

Benoit plays to the crowd on his way back up the entrance ramp after his win... and is jumped from behind by Arn Anderson! Arn has a chair, and begins to mercilessly batter Benoit's back with monster shots! Despite Arn's earlier bravado, he clearly enjoys the cowardly sneak attack and taunts Benoit's fans and Canada in general. After a few more big slaps across the back, Anderson sets the chair down, picks up his former protégé, and signals for the Spinebuster right on the double-steel... but he is stopped by a run-in from Sting! The commentary team call back to last Halloween Havoc, when it was a Spinebuster onto a chair on the ramp that cost Sting the Championship, and it seems he's seen enough. The Stinger unloads on Anderson and forces him to retreat.

Benoit slowly stands, and Sting makes no move to help him. Tenay notes that the bad blood between a Horseman and a former New Horseman runs deep, and Sting clearly hasn't forgotten Benoit's role in Arn's reign of terror. The Crippler and The Man Called Sting share a tense stare down... and then both men break eye contact and take separate routes to the back.

Backstage in the locker room, Too Cold Scorpio is having a chat with Sabu. Too Cold questions if Sabu did the right thing attacking the Nation last week, and says antagonizing maniacs like them could be bad for him and Van Dam with their tag match looming. Sabu plays it off as just a little skirmish and some mind games, nothing to get concerned about. Scorpio doesn't seem convinced, but Sabu just says its time for their match and rolls out of the room.

Team X-Treme (Scorpio & Sabu) vs Wallstreet Enterprises. This match was pretty chaotic from the get-go. Kanyon and Scorpio started things off, but they'd only traded a few moves before Wallstreet interjected himself in the match. Being a hothead, Sabu didn't take kindly to this and they were brawling on the outside (and occasionally the inside) throughout the rest of the bout. Scorpio seemed to be outclassing Kanyon fairly handily with a variety of acrobatic moves, and the VP was taking some brutal looking bumps.

After Scorpio landed a big Samoan Drop, he went up top looking for the Dis That Don't Miss... and the 450 connects to a big pop! Scorpio heads over for the cover BUT THE NATION OF DOMINATION ATTACK! Simmons grabs both Kanyon AND Scorpio, taking no prisoners as he tears them both apart, and Nelson and Muhammad hit Wallstreet and Sabu with tandem suicide dives! The ref calls off the match making the ending a No Contest.

The Nation gleefully destroys both the heels and the faces, probably because you don't get much closer to The Man than a corporate CEO. They leave their opponents dead on the floor and stand tall, taunting the audience.

Prior to the Main Event, we are treated to Flair and Savage in the ring together! Flair discusses Curt Hennig, and how the Flawless Diamonds have been among the greatest threats ever faced by the Horsemen. "I ain't gonna lie, we've been getting our asses kicked up one side and down the other from minute one! Every step of this war, the Diamonds have beaten down our team and left us bloody. Our victories have been few, and out humiliations many. But folks, THIS! AIN'T! OVER! YET! And His Almighty Flawlessness Mr. Kurt Hennig, you have made the BIGGEST MISTAKE! OF! YOUR LIFE! You thought that by 'distracting' Luger you were helping Nash? WHAT'S NASH GONNA BE WHEN LUGER PINS YOU AND TAKES YOUR PRECIOUS AWA TITLE? The Total Package Lex Luger is ten times the man any of you Diamond scum could ever hope to be. And you've got the solemn word of the NATCHA BOY that he is going to cut the head off of the Flawless Diamonds THIS SUNDAY! In closing: THE HORSEMEN, ARE GONNA END THIS FUED ONCE AND FOR ALL! AND YOUR LITTLE SECRET CLUBHOUSE IS GONNA BURN TO THE GROUND! WOOOO!"

Flair struts as Savage carries on. "It's a shame, yeah, a drat shame. After Slamboree I'll never have the chance to break Curt Hennig with my own two hands, yeah. See, when I won this title the Road Warrior, by friend Hawk, the man who knows Hennig better than ANYONE, he told me that I could stop the Flawless Diamonds. He told me that I would INSTRUMENTAL in their downfall, yeah. But now it seems like the Horsemen are going to do all the work. drat shame, yeah. BUT YOU KNOW, AS LONG AS I GET MY HANDS ON THAT BIG FREAKSHOW KEVIN NASH, I CAN LIVE WITH THAT! Lex Luger will destroy thier leader in six days time, yeah, but it is just as critical is that the Flawless Diamonds never defile the WCW Championship! And as your champion, the Champion of my Extended Family, I can guarantee that that will never happen on my watch, yeah! The Diamonds will fall this Sunday, of that I have no doubt! BUT BEFORE THEY DO, THE MACHO MADNESS IS GOING TO INFECT THEIR MINDS! IT'S GONNA FRY THEIR SYNAPSES, YEAH! IT'S GONNA BOGGLE THEIR EQUILIBRIUMS, YEAH! THE MACHO MAN IS THE WCW CHAMPION, AND NO MATTER WHAT KEVIN NASH WANTS, HE WILL BE STRUCK DOWN! And don't think I've forgotten you King Regal, oh no. You made a foolish decision, you backed the wrong horse, YEAH! You can try to get past my friend Hawk, you can try to interfere in our match, but I guarantee you one thing: at the end of the day, your friend Nash is going down for the ONE! TWO! THREE! And when he does, that little dynasty you were talking about? It'll end before it began. OH YEAAAAAH!"

And Now, The Main Event! Luger, Flair, Savage and Hawk vs Hennig, Nash, Hall and Regal. This match really serves as a showcase for all the pieces of these two intertwining feuds. Hawk and Hennig open the bout and throw down without any finesse, reminding us of the bad blood left behind by Hennig's betrayal of his tag partner. Hawk gets a slight edge with some good old Road Warrior no-selling of Hennig's offense, but the Flawless Diamond fights back with a big suplex and tags out to Nash. Nash batters Hawk with his standard rounds of big man offense, using his reach and height to loom large over the hurt Road Warrior and force him out. Hawk tags in the Champ, and Savage is immediately all over Nash as he remains not the slightest bit in fear of Big Sexy.

Nash and Savage scrap and trade a few flashy moves, but when Savage lands a jumbo sized inverted atomic drop Nash decides to beg off obnoxiously, putting the ref between himself and the Macho Man. He makes the tag to Hall, how stalks the Champ and hits a nasty power slam. He locks in a rest hold and squeezes Savage's head, taunting the crowd about how tough their champ looks now, but the Macho Man isn't champ for nothing and soon powers his way out and reverses into a half-nelson... which becomes a half-nelson slam! Savage tags in Luger, and Hall immediately decides discretion is the better part of valor and gives the tag to Regal. The Total Package and the King square off, Luger's overwhelming strength matched well by Regal's agility and precision strikes targeting various joints.

The contest seems quite even... but Luger pulls off a shocking counter when he tosses Regal into the ropes and lifts him strait into the Torture Rack! The Diamonds don't hesitate and The Outsiders immediately enter the ring and break up the submission with a double-clothesline... and from there things run out of control. Flair jumps in to help Luger, targeting Hall first and chopping the hell out of him, and Savage and Hawk both pounce on Nash, showing some oldschool Road Warrior's tandem moves to the crowd! Hennig enters the ring, trusting his mates to handle the faces so he can begin dissecting Luger. The ref is desperate to not call for a No Contest since one has already happened, and tries to force the men apart.

Hall, Nash, Hawk, Savage and Flair all take their fighting to the outside, but Hennig is still attacking Luger, dragging him off the mat and looking for a power bomb... but Luger counters by standing, sliding Hennig down his back, and delivering and Alabama Slam! Luger signals for his running forearm smash, the Luger Bullet, and runs the ropes as Hennig gets to his feet.... but Regal takes the hit! Hennig retreats, and Luger considered going after him, but he clearly remembers his humiliation as Nash's hands and elects to go for the win, pinning Regal clean as the madness outside the ring continues.

The chaos of the match's finale breaks down further as Hennig joins the Outsiders in the fight! The Macho Man, Nature Boy, Road Warrior all tee off on the Flawless Diamonds, and when Luger joins them the tide turns. Regal soon recovers and joins in as well! Fists and feet fly as the two groups try to destroy each other, looking to settle their differences tonight instead of waiting for the pay per view! Luger grabs Hennig by the throat, Nash knocks Savage to the ground and starts stomping a mudhole, Flair chops Hall in the corner and WOOs in his face, Regal chokes Hawk on the ropes... and the cameras fade out because we're out of time! See you at Slamboree!

Great go-home show! The event was in Canada so the crowd wasn't as hot as usual for most of the guys, but the stars did awesome and Benoit got a warm welcome. I'd give it a solid B-.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

RealDealGator@aol.com posted:

Brian Lee and the Dudleyz/Rocky Maivia and the LoV, Lee pins Maivia after interference from the Pitbulls

Lee looks at Maivia and does a throat cut motion

Francine promo. "The Pitbulls have big plans in the WWF!"

Pitbulls/Hardyz, Pitbulls win. This was just bad and boring.

Edge hype package, focusing on his time in ECW. I'm glad they got a deal to get this footage.

Ahmed/Nishimura for a spot in the Trailblazers, Nishimura wins

After the match, Ahmed, livid, started beating Nishimura with a chair, angrily shouting stuff I just couldn't understand. Seems he's a heel now, and his turn went over well.

Edge and Maivia meet backstage, look each other over. "Many happy returns, huh, Edge?" "Yeah. Many happy returns."

Next up, Edge (w/ the Hart brothers) vs. Triple H (with Austin & Pillman). HHH worked the shoulder, ramming Edge into the cornerposts and suplexing him, but Edge got a great looking comeback from a thrust kick out of the corner and a missile dropkick which got a 2. It wasn't long before the Power Trip and the Harts came to blows, ending in a non-finish as both competitors got involved in a big brawl on the outside.

Goldust walks into Vince's office, Ted DiBiase close at hand. They're both very happy. Goldust catches Vince's attention, and doesn't even wait for a greeting to begin his speech.

"Well, Vince, I've been thinking, and you know what type of wrestling is under-represented in this company? Tag team wrestling! I'd like to propose that this upcoming In Your House be devoted to tag team wrestling, across the board! We could call it In Your House: Prepare For Trouble And Make It Double!"
"Well, that's nice, but that doesn't seem to leave room for a WWF title match."
The smile drops from Goldust's face.
"Alright. Have it your way. Of course, I could always take this title on a little... midnight train to Georgia."
Vince erupts from his chair with a start.
"You wouldn't."
"You know my father."
"A little more than kin and less than kind."
"Less than your kind, Vince, but quite kind to me."
Goldust and Vince stared each other down, until Vince had to relent.
"Alright. You win." Vince sinks back into his chair, defeated. Goldust smirked, and left, a cackling DiBiase making sure to close the door on their way out.

Another Graveyard Promo: "In two weeks, a great darkness will unveil itself"

Pan-Am: Mark Henry (w/Stan Hansen) vs Box Office Bossman. Very good hoss-off type match, both trying their hardest to knock the other guy off his feet. Henry retained his title after a spear and a running splash.

After the match, Bulldog and Vader run down and beat down Hansen and Henry before Cornette says his crew will do what no team has done before and defeat the Texas Rangers in tag competition.

Jericho comes out to address the crowd, his guitar case by his side.

"WELCOME TO RAW... IS... JERICHOOOOOOOO! Now unfortunately for all the mouth breathers here in Jacksonville, your Intercontinental Champion will not be competing tonight, because there's just nobody good enough to challenge me.

Taz's music hits, and he comes out with a mic.

"AW, BULLSHIT! IF YOU REALLY THINK YOU'RE SO TOUGH, HOW BOUT STEPPING IN THE RING WITH A REAL FIGHTER?"

"Well, Tasty, that's a good question, and I'll accept that challenge riiiight after-" Jericho proceeded to take a pratfall into his guitar case and start clutching his back. "Aw no, Aw jeez. Sorry, Test, but I just can't do it. I just can't have a match with you tonight. Thankfully, I know someone who can."

Some jobber wearing a New York Rangers jersey with the name IRVINE came out, billed as "Jerry Irvine, the Tame Lion Of Wrestling".

Taz vs "Jerry Irvine, The Tame Lion Of Wrestling", Taz taps him out with the Tazmission.

Warrior is walking backstage when the Undertaker emerges from the shadows. "I have a favor to ask of you," he says.

"FOR WHAT REASON DO YOU SEEK THE COUNSEL OF THE WAAAAAARRRIOOOOORRR?" Warrior asks.

"You saw Paul Bearer address me last week. I need a partner to fight Kane and Tajiri. If you were to fight by my side I'm sure we would defeat them."

"AS A WARRIOR, I FEEL GREAT PAIN AT THE THOUGHT OF REFUSING A CALL TO ARMS! BUT YOU WERE UNDER THE SPELL OF GOLDUST FOR MANY MONTHS, AND AS THE NUMBER ONE CONTENDER TO THE WWF TITLE, I HAVE NO WAY OF KNOWING IF I CAN TRUST YOU STILL! *SKROOOOOONK* IF I WERE TO TAKE YOUR SIDE, HOW CAN I KNOW YOU WILL NOT TURN AGAINST ME IN MY STRUGGLE AGAINST GOLDUST? THE WARRIOR MUST FOCUS ALL HIS MIGHT, ALL HIS EFFORT, ALL HIS DESTRUCITY ON VANQUISHING GOOOOOOOLDUUUUUST! *SKROOOOOONK*"

The Undertaker nods, understanding. "Perhaps another time, then." He steps back into the darkness. The Warrior looks a little shaken, gives a good snort, then walks away.

Next up: Kurt Angle taking on Owen Hart. Fast paced grappling to start, both trying to hit a big move, with Angle edging out by hitting a release German suplex. Owen fought back into it, but got caught in an ankle lock, which was countered with an enziguiri. The finish came when Angle caught Owen in a second ankle lock, this time grapevining the leg. Owen grabbed the rope but Angle did not let go, causing the DQ win for Owen.

Vince's office. "Hunter, I'm giving Joanna a chance. Next week, I will give the two of you a chance to prove to me that Joanna can handle herself out there."
Hunter and Joanna smirk. "Well, I promise you that she won't disappoint."

Our main event was Goldust and HBK vs Mick Foley and Warrior"Goldust and Warrior start off. Goldust goes for a headlock, but Warrior quickly breaks it and slugs Goldust right in the face! Strong offense from Warrior for the first minutes of the match. Goldust is whipped into the face team's corner and Warrior tags in Mankind, who takes a back elbow and an uppercut from Goldust right as he comes in. Bulldog from Goldust out of the corner, and he tags in Shawn Michaels. Hurricanrana to Foley and a standing elbow drop! Shawn gives a cheeky wink to the camera as he goes for the cover, but Mankind kicks out.

Shawn backs off and runs at Mankind for a knee drop, but gets pulled down by the leg and the Mandible Claw is applied! He attempts to wriggle over to reach the ropes, the immense pain rendering him almost immobile... but the Box Office Bossman sneakily pulls Shawn's leg to the ropes. Goldust shouts at the ref to break the hold, and he does. HBK gets a waistlock on Mankind and goes for a suplex... but Foley gets out with an elbow strike and hits SWEET SHIN MUSIC! Shawn clutches his leg in pain, allowing Foley time to run and tag in the Warrior!

Warrior runs wild with shoulderblocks and clotheslines, barrelling through Michaels until Michaels is able to dodge a shoulderblock, sending Warrior crashing to the mat. Michaels then works Warrior over with technical wrestling, outmaneuvering the power-focused Warrior. Warrior is about to mount a comeback when Goldust argues with the ref long enough for HBK to land a low blow on Warrior, followed by a Sweet Chin Music for the pin."

This was a B- show, about par for the course for WWF

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

THE FLOODGATES ARE OPEN!

karateman@prograps.com posted:

How's it going everybody, I was in Charlotte, NC for the big ECW TV taping this week and I've got the official show report for Prograps. First show they've run outside the Tri-State area for a while. I had pretty low expectations out of their reputation for hardcore garbage wrestling, but I had to say it was one of the more enjoyable shows I've seen lately.

So we started off with Terry Funk. He got a mixed reaction from the fans given he's antagonizing Shane Douglas, but they were still into him. "Shane Douglas, today is the day that you decide whether or not you believe you can defend the legacy of ECW in the squared circle. You've had a week, and I've had no response from you. I expected more from you, Shane. Do you even care about your legacy or the legacy of ECW? I mean, if you're a coward, just say so and I'll move on."

And then Tommy Dreamer ran down the entrance ramp. "Funk, you gonna sit there and talk about Shane Douglas like that? I ain't gonna let ya. You know where Shane's been? THE HOSPITAL after you shoved him down and messed his ankle back up. He told me to tell you that, and I quote, that he's gonna wrap that lasso round your neck and shove your spurs right up ya cowboy rear end!"

Funk was restrained. "That's great, Dreamer, but you know, I'm gonna need a drat answer from his mouth before the end of the show." Funk pointed an arm at Dreamer. "But I'm not gonna stand for your disrespect, either, you little bastard."

Dreamer nodded. "Oh, you started the disrespect. You wanna go, Funk? I'm the innovator of violence! We can go _hardcore_, in this ring, tonight. I'll go with anyone, any time."

"You wanna end up a bloody mess in the ring tonight, Tommy, I'm not gonna stop you." Funk grinned and headed up the ramp, shoving past Dreamer as he went. Guess he got what he wanted. "See you in the main event." This promo was pretty good.

---

We got a short New Jack/Brian Lee feud recap video between that segment and the first match. Please tell me why I should care about these two, at all? It started with New Jack's return during the three-way dance last month, running out with the TV title. We saw New Jack carrying the belt into bars around Philly, dudes congratulating him, telling him how great he is, made him seem like a big deal. Then we saw Brian Lee destroying people in the ring, chokeslamming them, throwing them at other guys.

There was some Paul E. narration. "It's been only a few short weeks since New Jack stole the ECW Television Title belt from the Bulldozer Brian Lee in the chaos following a Three Way Dance. New Jack said that he deserved it far more than the Bulldozer did, hoping to provoke him into giving him a title shot. Brian Lee has been on a rampage ever since, destroying every wrestler in his path. New Jack isn't like the other wrestlers that he's conquered, he's insane! But insanity doesn't give you the sheer strength and determination of the Bulldozer. It's the psychopathic New Jack versus the powerful Brian Lee in two weeks for the TV Title, at ECW Barb Wire City!"

---

Finally we get to our first match of the night. The Legion of Violence came out first to No Easy Way Out, led by Jimmy Hart and his famous megaphone. When their music stopped, the lights turned blue. I had no clue what was going on. Someone chucked a flower vase out from behind the curtain.

The glass shattered.

The Blue Man Power Trip made their way to the ring. Looks like it's the Blue Meanie and Mikey Whipwreck against the Legion of Violence, Ken Shamrock and Shigeki Sato. Meanie climbed up on the ropes giving the double thumbs up to cheers while Mikey Whipwreck spat a fine mist of Crystal Pepsi up in the air from the apron. Super Nova (with a yellow-colored mop on his head) was getting everyone pumped at ringside. Well, good luck boys.

Legion of Violence versus Blue Man Power Trip.

Mikey Whipwreck and Shamrock were in the ring first. Mikey stuck his hand out for Shamrock to shake. Shamrock took his hand... and squeezed... and squeezed... until Mikey Whipwreck was howling. Shamrock yanked and gave him a quick clothesline and went for the immediate pin, but only got 2.

It went on like that for a while until it was Sato was in the ring with Meanie. Sato was running the ropes when Super Nova "accidentally" grabbed his foot at ringside, sending him to the ground head-first. Meanie picked Sato up for a scoop slam, parading him around the ring and setting him down in the middle. Meanie climbed up and tried to finish him with a Moonsault. But Sato rolled out of the way, and Meanie crashed to the ground. Shigeki Sato then got Meanie locked into the crossface and he tapped fast for the victory.

This match was... okay, I guess. It was fun, at least. Shamrock and Sato were great, Meanie and Whipwreck not so much.

---

Perfect Strangers was on the PA... What the hell? It's Shane Douglas, Dreamer said he was in the hospital? He's on crutches, his whole left leg taped up to the knee. Joel Gertner rushed down to ringside with a microphone since Shane couldn't hold one himself. "Well, well, well, if it isn't The Franchise, fresh from the hospital. I hope your NAKED SPONGE BATHS were comfortable." Thanks Gertner... I never want to think about Shane Douglas naked again. Minus. Five. Stars.

"Joel, Tommy Dreamer called me and told me Funk wanted my answer in person. Funk, you get your rear end out here NOW." Terry Funk came down the ramp to stand on the other side of Gertner. "Terry Funk, I am NOT a coward and I won't stand here and let you spew garbage like that at me, or at my fans here in Charlotte, North Carolina! These people are sick of 50-year-old DICKS who don't care about anything but their own careers (he got a few boos for that one) and I don't care if I've got two legs or no legs, I will defend what I've accomplished at ECW. You've got a match!"

"Well, you've got more balls than I thought, Shane. I'll be proud to take that legacy from you in two weeks." Funk, satisfied, turned around to head up the ramp.

"But uh, Terry, I've got something for you..." Douglas threw down one of his crutches and swung the other one at Funk! Funk heard the commotion and ducked it, turning around, but Douglas had a crutch and Funk had no weapon. It was all a ruse!

Douglas was limping a little, but he could stand just fine. "At Barb Wire City, you better believe I'm not gonna miss! You better watch your rear end, Funk, 'cause The Franchise ALWAYS rises to the challenge!" He held the crutch triumphant while Funk smiled and headed backstage, saying "You nasty son of a bitch, I don't expect anything less outta you."

---

D'Lo and Walker came to the ring first, ECW tag titles around their waists. I hate it when the champs come out first, what happened to tradition?

The Pitbulls music hit, and they pounced out to the ring led by Francine holding their chains. The champs looked confident as the Pitbulls stared them down, the ring announcer saying that this match is for the titles.

The Pitbulls versus D'Lo Brown & Bobby Walker for the ECW Tag Team Championships.

Pitbulls came out of this looking like beasts. They tossed D'Lo and Walker around, barely giving them time to breathe. Francine was loving it at ringside, talking smack to the Pitbulls opponents. Pitbull A worked over D'Lo for a while, he finally made a hot tag to Walker but then both Pitbulls cut him off. Walker eventually tagged D'Lo back in but he had no better luck the second time around.

The finish came when Francine tossed Pitbull A a chain, which he used to lay out D'Lo and toss him out of the ring. That left Walker alone to deal with a Superbomb that smashed the back of his head into the mat. Both Pitbulls then locked in the STFU getting the tap out. The Pitbulls stood triumphant with Francine holding both of the tag titles, a huge grin on her face. Was pleasantly surprised by this match, enjoyable.

---

Joey Styles was backstage with Kurt Angle. (He explained that Gertner got a restraining order against Angle after their last "interview".) "Kurt Angle, you've been challenged by Ken Shamrock, who they call the World's Most Dangerous Man, to not just a wrestling match, but a fight! There's some people who say that you're too much of a, well, a good guy, a guy who's not willing to break the rules that you need to in order to win a fight like that. What do you have to say to those people?"

"What those people need to know is that I don't need to break the rules to keep you down and snap your arm in half, or keep you in the ankle lock until you can never walk again. I can't let my fans down by playing at the level of the so-called competition here in ECW. This place is a wasteland of talent! You have no idea how long I've wanted to go up against someone like Ken Shamrock in a fight like this.

"There's no pinfalls when you fight, only submissions, and I am the master of the mat! If you break the rules and you get disqualified, you're only proving you don't have what it takes to beat me, the greatest wrestler on the planet, fair and square, and you'll have to live with that for the rest of your life.

"Do you really know what you're getting into, Shamrock? I don't care if you're the King of Pancrase, I don't care if you're the Ultimate Fighter, I don't care if you've got a black belt in Brazilian Body Waxing, none of that means ANYTHING in my world. I've been training my whole life for this moment and there's only two ways this thing's gotta end, one way _OR ANOTHER_!" Angle stormed off back into his dressing room, slamming the door (clearly labeled 'NO PRESS!!!') in Joey's face.

---

It was time for the main event, Terry Funk versus Tommy Dreamer.

Funk and Dreamer have a pretty good history in ECW, working together and working against each other, so I had good hopes for this match. I was right up in the front row so I could see and hear everything. Funk was out first, looking fired up, wearing a black headband and a Funk U T-shirt. Then it was Dreamer, walking to the ring to face his old mentor. There's weapons all around the ring: canes, baseball bats, tables, and you know ECW fans have got some poo poo too.

The bell rang and Funk and Dreamer were staring each other down. Funk put his hands out, inviting Dreamer to a test of strength. Funk and Dreamer locked hands... Dreamer started to push Funk back... but quickly Funk was overpowering the larger Dreamer. Funk pushed him all the way to the ground before he let his hands go and just started beating the poo poo out of him with forearms. He was yelling the whole time, "Bleed, you son of a bitch! Stay down you fat sack of poo poo!"

Dreamer finally shoved Funk off him and started pounding him too. This was vicious, Funk was bleeding already. He was screaming "That all you got you New York gently caress!?" Dreamer whipped Funk into the turnbuckle with fury and he fell to his knees. That gave Dreamer time to get outside and set up one of the folding tables at ringside. He saw Funk getting up and just left it there, grabbing a chair instead. Funk rushed him as he was getting in the ring, pounding him and kicking him until he dropped the chair.

Funk picked Dreamer up shouting "Get up! Get the gently caress up!" He whipped him across the ring, throwing the chair at his head when he recoiled off the far ropes with a sickening bang. Dreamer was down for the count. Funk dragged him over near the turnbuckle, wanting to end this match now. Funk climbed the turnbuckle, going go for the rolling moonsault while yelling "Just die you piece of poo poo!" Dreamer managed to get up and shove the ropes, sending Funk down onto the turnbuckle crotch-first. These ECW folks are inhuman.

Dreamer climbed up onto the turnbuckle with Funk, getting him in place for a superplex! He lifted Funk up... and Funk crashed to the mat. 1, 2, kick out. Funk kicked out "More! I want more, you human trash disposal!" Dreamer and Funk were both bloody messes by now. Dreamer picked Funk up, putting him onto his shoulders for the Death Valley Driver... but Funk wriggled out of it and pushed Dreamer across the ring. When Dreamer came back, Funk tossed him over the top rope with a back body drop and sent him falling right onto the table at ringside. The table exploded and so did Dreamer, poor guy, bet he got paid a sandwich for that. But wait, who's that... it's Al Snow? Al Snow came out from under the ring amd grabbed Dreamer, dragging him around the guardrail, pounding his head into the unforgiving steel. Snow tossed Dreamer back into the ring for Funk to finish off "_FUNK!_ _YOU!_" and Funk gave him a nasty piledriver. 1, 2, 3, Terry Funk beats Tommy Dreamer with a little "assistance" from Al Snow. Funk looked absolutely vicious and I've got to respect Dreamer for the beating he took.

I thought the show was okay. Not quite up to the standards of the Big Two, but good for ECW and certainly entertaining. I give it a C.

You good folks reading be sure to catch up with Prograps, being you the latest in all wrestling realted news.

Blooming Brilliant fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Nov 12, 2014

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

"TrueAmerican@aol.com posted:

There is an epidemic overcoming today's youth! Kids are getting fatter and uglier! It's true! You all need a real American Hero to show your kids the power of Brussels sprouts! It was a diet of Brussels spouts, Broccoli, and Spinach that helped me win a gold medal with a broken freakin' neck! So kids, if you want to be like me, eat healthy!

Even in the World Wrestling Federation, I see some overweight losers I have to beat into shape! Taz, I'm coming for you, you'd better get prepared to get the workout of a lifetime! That way you might one day become a winner, like me!

Unfortunately I can't do anything about the uglier thing. Sorry, kids.

e: Sorry if this sucks, I was just bored waiting for The Flash and I'm not good at writing Angle.

Senerio fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Nov 12, 2014

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

yaaaaaaaaaay it's back

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

As official Kurt Angle writer, you get five stars.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Senerio posted:

e: Sorry if this sucks, I was just bored waiting for The Flash and I'm not good at writing Angle.

That has all 3 Is.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
World Championship Wrestling proudly presents Slamboree '97!

FOR THE WCW WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP
"Macho Man" Randy Savage (c) (with Road Warrior Hawk) vs. Kevin Nash (with King Steven Regal)

FOR THE AWA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP
Curt Hennig (c) vs. Lex Luger

THE HULKSTER WANTS REVENGE
The Giant vs. Hulk Hogan

GREMLIN VS. SAVAGE
Rick Steiner vs. Meng

THE FINAL CONFRONTATION OF THE NEW HORSEMEN
Arn Anderson vs. Chris Benoit

FOR THE WCW UNITED STATES CHAMPIONSHIP
Kid Rock (c) vs. Diamond Dallas Page

FOR THE WCW TELEVISION CHAMPIONSHIP
Eddy Guerrero (c) vs. Raven

FOR THE NUMBER ONE CONTENDERSHIP TO THE WCW TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP
"Bad rear end" James Winchester & Brian James vs. the Thrillseekers

MASK VS. MASK
Ciclope vs. Rey Misterio, Jr.

SURE, ANOTHER TAG TEAM MATCH
Team X-treme (Sabu & Rob Van Dam) vs. the Nation of Domination (Aaron Muhammad & Nelson X)

CALL YOUR CABLE OR SATELLITE PROVIDER TODAY!

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...

CaptainYesterday posted:

"Macho Man" Randy Savage (c) (with Road Warrior Hawk) vs. Kevin Nash (with King Steven Regal)

The Giant vs. Hulk Hogan

GREMLIN VS. SAVAGE
Rick Steiner vs. Meng

MASK VS. MASK

Team X-treme (Sabu & Rob Van Dam) vs. the Nation of Domination (Aaron Muhammad & Nelson X)

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

quote:

Well... well... well. This week on ECW Hardcore TV you're getting a rare treat... and no, I don't mean to smell my feet. Ken and Angle on the scales... your girlfriend asks, I've got details. Will they fight before the show... or will it be a blow and go? You must tune in to MSG... if you're lucky, you'll see me: The quintessential studmuffin, Joel, "I get more action than Bill Clinton... in the back of my red Lincoln..." Gertner.

CaptainYesterday posted:

The Giant vs. Hulk Hogan

GREMLIN VS. SAVAGE
Rick Steiner vs. Meng

MASK VS. MASK

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

CaptainYesterday posted:

The Giant vs. Hulk Hogan

GREMLIN VS. SAVAGE
Rick Steiner vs. Meng goes to a double countout

MASK VS. MASK

Happyman
Jul 20, 2011

After Slamboree's up, I'm going to bring back JR's old rule that if a TV show isn't posted a week after it runs, I will post it as it is. You'll get more leeway for PPVs though.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Shotgun Saturday Night posted:

Marc Mero and Vic Venom introduce the crowd to this week's episode of Shotgun. "I know all my Marcs out there tune in every week just for the chance to see this beautiful face, and I won't disappoint you."

Doink, Vampiro, and Marc Mero vs URSUS and the Hardyz, Vampiro pins URSUS

Goldust pretape. "Some people may say that my influencing Vince backstage this week was a little unfair, but you wouldn't fault someone for going for a pinfall or submission when they had the opportunity. This is a treacherous business, much like Hollywood, and sometimes dirty pool is the only game in town. So remember the name... GOOOOOOOOOOLDUSSST."

Longer Version of the hype video from Monday.

Jushin Liger defeated Chi Chi Cruz. The action was good, but went too long for a jobber match.

Shawn Michaels and Chris Jericho pretape, where they argue about who's going to address the camera, before deciding that they might as well not even do the promo and leaving in a huff.

Tag titles: Dudleyz/Legion Of Violence, LoV win by DQ after Shamrock is 3Ded into a table

Dudleyz challenge LoV to a no DQ match at the PPV, LoV accept

Owen Hart defeated Brian Christopher.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

:siren: Team WCW please get into chat so we can get something important done. I'll do it myself if I must but I would really like some help :siren:

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

quote:

I've got the WCW Worldwide spoilers brother!

Another cold open this week, The Navigators defeat Ultimo Dragon and Taka Michinoku. They hit Taka with the Most Excellent Kicks Mix and Tonzura got the pin. Taka was a little star-struck.

Next was another teaser trailer. This one featured a walk down a row of shady-looking criminals in a prison. A guy in a suit walks by them and they cower in fear. He enters an interrogation room, and the prison in there says he asked for a lawyer! The only reply is a snarl, and the words BACK IN SESSION!

Back in the ring, Brian James gave one of his Winchester-style intros for James Maritato. Ladies and Gentlemen, J+J+J brings to you, that whole schtick. It was neat.

Cruiserweight action saw James Maritato defeat Heavy Metal. His finisher is a double-underhook inverted facebuster. Apparently it's called the Maritator. Who knew?

Then came a hype video for Luger v Hennig. Showed Hennig issuing his challenge to Luger, and Luger's subsequent humiliation at the Diamonds hands. Made it look like our Hero has a tough hill to climb.

Teddy Long comes out and cuts a promo. He says that thanks to the aggressive hate-crime tactics of Sabu, he has arranged for the Nation to receive rightful reparations: Ron Simmons will take on Rob Van Dam, and it won't be no tag-match playa, it'll be an execution. Van Dam WILL not make it to Sunday.

More cruier action! Rey Misterio, Jr. defeats El Dandy with the Misterio Express. Nice little tuneup before he takes on Ciclope.

Another hype video, this one recapping Nash vs Savage. Shows Nash teaming up with Regal, Savage teaming up with Hawk, and both sides talking about the consequences should Nash capture the title for the Diamonds.

The Main Event! Ron Simmons defeats Rob Van Dam using the Dominator. RVD fought his heart out in this to stay alive, and Simmons seemed flustered at his inability to put Van Dam away until the very end.

After the match, Simmons moved to finish RVD, but Scorpio, Sabu and Alfonso ran in to make the save! They cornered the Nation's boss, but Teddy sent in Muhammad and Nelson and it ended up in a clusterfuck brawl between the Nation and the Xtremes.

The video packages were better than the actual wrestling in this show, but they kept the crowd heated up and into things so I can't complain

Happyman
Jul 20, 2011

Welcome to Prograps Unlimited, Issue 44!

- Ratings Update:
Raw up to a 3,41, Nitro up to an impressive 3,71 - their highest rating to date. Hall, Nash and DDP vs. Luger, Flair and Sting main evented this show.
ECW's first ever PPV, Hardcore Rising pulled 27,000 pay-per-view buys.
Following that, Raw sunk to a 3,32 and the go-home Nitro for Slamboree sunk to 3,66.

- Since their reboot, ECW has had problems with making sure that all their stars get airtime every week. They requested the MSG Network for an airtime extension, but were turned down as they don't pull in enough ratings to justify a 1 1/2 hour long show.

- Both of the Big Two have signed new working agreements, looking to bring fresh matchups to the undercard and get hold of some new jobbers. WWF are doing business with the American USWA and Canadian QPW, while WCW have allied with Puerto Rican WWC and Japanese FMW.

- After being a constant annoyance backstage (and on stage) for a long time, Shaggy 2 Dope and Violent J have been booted from the WWF. Supposedly they got themselves heat with Shawn Michaels, which can only have sped up the process. Their last appearance was a dark squash match against new prospect Joanna Loren.

- WWF and WCW have been in a major bidding war over Marty Jannetty. It seems that despite the humiliating gimmick, wrestling bookers still consider him valuable talent. Jannetty ended up staying with the WWF, but is enjoying a big pay raise as a result of the bidding war.

- After some investigation we can now confirm that Mike Rotunda, who is wrestling as VK Wallstreet in WCW, is leaving for the WWF. We don't know exactly when his contract is up but expect him to be written off Nitro soon.

-----------

Check back for the biggest news in the Monday Night War and more!

Happyman fucked around with this message at 12:38 on Nov 15, 2014

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Slamboree was supposed to go up tonight but I was World of Warcrafting all day. Sorry, my willpower was weak. The write up is 90% done, I will finish and post it first thing after work tomorrow.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

I kind of want to add a promo to the post-Slamboree Nitro, but don't know if we've got the airtime for it. I inserted a tentative slot in the booking for the week, let me know what if it can work.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Kinda glad it took this long to get around to the post-Slamboree shows because it gave me time to look everything over and make sure it is 100% ready to go. Especially because it was a busy week for all of us. I looked at RAW the day after we were supposed to go and it had like 3 segments filled out and nothing timed. Certainly a learning experience!

Senerio fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Nov 17, 2014

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

We've had Hardcore TV written for a week :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Luigi Thirty posted:

We've had Hardcore TV written for a week :shrug:

It's a lot easier to write an hour-long show, I think it's the sweet spot for a game like this.

• Locked thread