Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
will I later regret not putting effort into this poll?
Yes
No
View Results

• Locked thread
Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

QUICK what are the OP guns before they get nerfed?!

I like the AK so far because duh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

mcvey posted:

I'm reading that they 'promised dedicated servers', anything more on that or was it just BS?

There are no dedicated servers on any platform despite them confirming it to the press two weeks ago and also claiming it in an AMA yesterday.

metachronos
Sep 11, 2001

When I roll, baby I roll DEEP
So how do I join the goon clan on this bitch? Are metatags still a thing. I haven't touched XBL since Halo 4.

Belldandy
Sep 11, 2001

Do not try to boost in peace, because that is impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth, there is no boost.
I got this game, my Xbone GT Is Tsurara

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?

Freaquency posted:

Oh, one thing I have noticed that's kinda annoying: I bought the chat adapter a few days ago to use with my old 360 Turtle Beaches, and the chat and game sound seem to be mixed together so I can't adjust their volume separately. Is this just a general XBOne issue or is it tied directly to COD? It's annoying to try to make out what people are saying in-game, and you miss out on death mics if you're in party chat. :smith:

I have the same setup, on the chat adapter I usually press down on these two buttons so that the mix is maxed out and adjust the game and chat volume on my turtle beach headset:

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011
I was just trying out that first shotgun you unlock, the automatic one, and man is it terrible. The magazine is way too small for it to be a hilarious death machine and even point blank emptying the thing won't always kill a dude.

Anyway, can I get an invite to whatever PS4 clan is going? PSN is FrontlineKhan, thanks!

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

killed the entire enemy team with a care package trap

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

GET MY BELT SON posted:

killed the entire enemy team with a care package trap

I still want to drop a care package on some chump for big laughs.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

So is there a audio setting for this game for the PS4 gold headset that you can download yet? If not what setting do you guys find works best?

My poor turtle beach px5s are just sitting in the corner because still no bluetooth mic support :(

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Carecat posted:

There are no dedicated servers on any platform despite them confirming it to the press two weeks ago and also claiming it in an AMA yesterday.

This is the most depressing thing about the game.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Pork Pie Hat posted:

Can you teamkill with Care Packages?

I always drop them on the home flag after a halftime in hopes, but nobody waits long enough.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

Pillow Talk is the PS4 clan but I'm curious to see if there is going to be a BTSX style offshoot.

Pillow Talk is more for the casual and shoot the poo poo while blowing poo poo up people. For a more serious shoot mans clan all it needs is someone to take the reins and start one up. Hint hint.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
Yeah, when are we making a super serious esports clan?????????

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

Shannow posted:

Also that other one currently has a total of 3 members as opposed to MG2's 628 so um yeah.

Yeah of which maybe 10 have the game, a great group to sift through for playing AW!

SilentW
Apr 3, 2009

my It dept hgere is fucking clwonshoes, and as someone hwo used to do IT for 9 years it pains me to see them fbe so terriuble

Knifegrab posted:

Yeah of which maybe 10 have the game, a great group to sift through for playing AW!

please stop

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Shannow posted:

Also that other one currently has a total of 3 members as opposed to MG2's 628 so um yeah.

It's to make it easier for making up parties. I'm sorry you're upset about this. :shrug:

metachronos
Sep 11, 2001

When I roll, baby I roll DEEP
Is anybody else getting bad latency? I realize the servers are probably getting DP'ed but this is bordering on unplayable.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Pork Pie Hat posted:

I died to one last night. Laughed my rear end off.

anuj
Oct 14, 2005

~anime crew~
~R.I.P. Soap-san~

dreffen posted:

It's to make it easier for making up parties. I'm sorry you're upset about this. :shrug:

Half of one, it would seem.

kidRiot
Dec 14, 2007

"I know you've come to kill me. Shoot, coward, you're only going to kill a man."
About to play (installing) but was watching a stream and there were some issues with the mouse sensitivity/movement. Anyone here find fixes or compiled a list of changes to the config to smooth out the experience?

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?
aw yeah ready to rock and roll

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

kidRiot posted:

About to play (installing) but was watching a stream and there were some issues with the mouse sensitivity/movement. Anyone here find fixes or compiled a list of changes to the config to smooth out the experience?

one of those things will/should work for fixing the mouse sensitivity:

quote:

In your config_mp.cfg located at "\Steam\SteamApps\common\Call of Duty Advanced Warfare\players2" make sure the following values are set as:

seta cl_mouseAccel "0"
seta r_elevatedPriority "0"
seta in_mouse "2" <-- This allows raw input

Reduce mouse polling rate to 125/250Mhz via your mouse's software

Set launch options with -noforcemaccel, -noforcemparms in steam

the raw input setting didn't work for me and an other goon who were having issues (it did work for another though), but we set our polling rate down and it had fixed the mouse issues.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Carbohydrates posted:

aw yeah ready to rock and roll

that's not a specially marked bag with codes for double xp or cool Doritos gear. loving casual.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

time to make people angry somehow

ShredsYouSay
Sep 22, 2011

How's his widow holding up?
drat stuttering cutscenes. The game engine works fine and looks great, yet it can't play a video?

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
Hey Macys I got your invite but I just played a couple of matches on my lunch break so I didn't join you. I'll be on later after work.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

Thumbtacks posted:

time to make people angry somehow

you mean in a game that has literally thousands of actual dicks as emblems?

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

sba posted:

you mean in a game that has literally thousands of actual dicks as emblems?

That's how it was in Bops, though. People make a ton of dicks but the slightly more subtle ones are somehow the ones that make people the angriest.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Only made it to 42% installed last night, and when I checked this morning it made zero progress. I uninstalled and will be installing throughout the day so hopefully I can answer those invitations tonight! Got to play some campaign and it was actually pretty fun! :shobon:

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Weird. The game runs like fried dogshit in singleplayer, yet runs perfectly smooth in multiplayer.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Double xp all day today right? Anyone know when it ends? Today is the official release day and yesterday was the early release? gently caress real life poo poo. Surprised this game is universally praised (for the most part) by goons

Time to get my xim4 hooked up :getin:

Haven't used a xim in a while since blops2. Anything I should know as far as presets or whatever for the xim4 and AW?

Also very important do the perks for this game allow us to play a game of hush and piss off tryhards?

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
Apparently you can glitch onto the top of the buildings of Detroit. Welp.

On that note: Hushing is super possible to do on Detroit now. because you can just hide in level geometry.

OneDeadman fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Nov 4, 2014

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Christoff posted:

Also very important do the perks for this game allow us to play a game of hush and piss off tryhards?
A few of the maps have grass/bushes/greenery to hide in, blind eye and coldblooded, and an exo ability that is a full-on cloak. So maybe.

We were playing Uplink last night on that map- Green something or other? And the other team kept throwing the ball off the map. So this is a valid strategy, just get ahead and then chuck the ball off the side of a skyscraper.

SilentW
Apr 3, 2009

my It dept hgere is fucking clwonshoes, and as someone hwo used to do IT for 9 years it pains me to see them fbe so terriuble

Christoff posted:

Time to get my xim4 hooked up :getin:
Haven't used a xim in a while since blops2. Anything I should know as far as presets or whatever for the xim4 and AW?

I'm using the Ghosts ST with ingame sensitivity at 20, had to actually turn down the XIM sensitvity to ~30. An AW ST will most likely be up in the next week or so.
Other than that, turn off aim assist and I think you should be good to go.

Got Haggis?
Jul 28, 2002
Great chieftain o' the puddin-race!

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

Titanfall was really good for 1-2 weeks until all the content was explored, which is something that can't be said for any CoD game. Kinda was hoping this CoD would just rip off Titanfall but add more poo poo and welp looks like they were like "+sparebar to jump, good enough".

i'm with you regarding movement. To this day many people still don't get pilot movement in Titanfall. It really is Tribes skiing 2.0. CTF titanfall is the most fun I've had playing ctf in a game since Tribes 2. A shame more people don't play (on pc anyway). I am really disappointed with AW's movement mechanics...they feel quite uninspired. Almost like they heard Titanfall was going to have some different movement system, but didn't know quite what...so rushed out this ut2k4-lite style jump+dodge system.

Sidenote, I was somewhat stunned at how poor some of the poly counts seem to be on some of the maps. I know graphics don't matter....specifically I'm thinking of one level where there is a helipad and you can see a city down below. The city looks so terrible - like straight up rectangle polygons with a few window textures put on - straight out of 10 years ago. Normally this wouldn't bother me, but when you load up the game and they have some message saying this is the first "next-gen" CoD game and they have been working on it for 3 years....well that certainly doesn't seem to be the case.

It also doesn't help they are straight fibbing about dedicated servers. I don't get it.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Got Haggis? posted:

i'm with you regarding movement. To this day many people still don't get pilot movement in Titanfall. It really is Tribes skiing 2.0. CTF titanfall is the most fun I've had playing ctf in a game since Tribes 2. A shame more people don't play (on pc anyway). I am really disappointed with AW's movement mechanics...they feel quite uninspired. Almost like they heard Titanfall was going to have some different movement system, but didn't know quite what...so rushed out this ut2k4-lite style jump+dodge system.

Sidenote, I was somewhat stunned at how poor some of the poly counts seem to be on some of the maps. I know graphics don't matter....specifically I'm thinking of one level where there is a helipad and you can see a city down below. The city looks so terrible - like straight up rectangle polygons with a few window textures put on - straight out of 10 years ago. Normally this wouldn't bother me, but when you load up the game and they have some message saying this is the first "next-gen" CoD game and they have been working on it for 3 years....well that certainly doesn't seem to be the case.

It also doesn't help they are straight fibbing about dedicated servers. I don't get it.

Ghosts lied about dedicated servers too. Activision is not gonna shell out for them.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

On that note how's the netcode?

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
Who gives a poo poo what the city outside of the map looks like. It serves you no purpose in murdering dudes.

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax
Literally going out to buy a goddamn Dew and possibly a bag of Doritos. I don't have a life, I HAVE MANY (health problems).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Hey if any of you are contemplating taking the retard plunge with me and getting this on PC you can get it for 50 bucks through the VIP thing on GMG.

• Locked thread