Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Terper
Jun 26, 2012

BlitzBlast posted:

Did you already forget Sasuke's latest eye power?

If I said yes, could you really blame me?

Terper fucked around with this message at 10:04 on Nov 4, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

BlitzBlast posted:

Did you already forget Sasuke's latest eye power?

You mean kicking Naruto in the face?

Triple Elation
Feb 24, 2012

1 + 2 + 4 + 8 + ... = -1
On Narutoforums a user who has a very good track record in handing out spoilers has shared some spoilers about Chapter 699. Take with a huge grain of salt but a lot of people are buying this (at the height of the spoiler handing out spree there were like 1300 people watching the thread) so I thought I might as well share it here.

According to this user, in #699:

* Kakashi and Sakura arrive
* Naruto and Sasuke's hands are regrown using Hashirama's DNA, the swiss army knife of Ninja science
* Recall that Sasuke can resurrect people now, but at a cost to himself. Neji stays dead, and here are more words to make what's behind the spoiler slightly less obvious
* In light of all the horrible poo poo he has perpetrated, Sasuke apologizes and pokes Sakura on the forehead

This last one is just pure gold :allears:

Triple Elation fucked around with this message at 12:06 on Nov 4, 2014

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen

Triple Elation posted:

* In light of all the horrible poo poo he has perpetrated, Sasuke apologizes and pokes Sakura on the forehead

:barf:

At least it's not a kiss.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I hope all those are true, especially that last one. A somewhat satisfying conclusion would actually be disappointing at this point.

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

That is the best worst ending ever. It is SO disappointing, it's actually genius.

Zexerous
May 5, 2006

No Alibi. No Justice. No Dream. No Club.
When was Obito supposed to show up in a tank again? I really wanted that to happen.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

the good news is that I am on vacation and can rant about this all day tomorrow.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Zexerous posted:

When was Obito supposed to show up in a tank again? I really wanted that to happen.

The spoilers said he was supposed to interrupt the Kage summit by rolling in in a Sherman tank.

:allears:

Still my favorite thing that never happened.

Edit: Holy poo poo, I was browsing old threads from that time and SHARINGARM was almost 5 years ago now.

quote:

Jesus loving christ, thats the most retarded spoiler I've read about this series, and that is saying a LOT

:allears: If only we knew...

Tonfa fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Nov 4, 2014

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
This ends at chapter 700 right? I wonder how they'll tie it up, I always thought there'd be a "10 years later" sort of thing but maybe not.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Kingtheninja posted:

This ends at chapter 700 right? I wonder how they'll tie it up, I always thought there'd be a "10 years later" sort of thing but maybe not.

No, that's for the movie

Triple Elation
Feb 24, 2012

1 + 2 + 4 + 8 + ... = -1
From what I heard the movie is 2 years later, and no one knows when chap. 700 occurs chronologically. It could be earlier than the movie or later. One of the points in favor of "later than the movie" is that apparently in the movie Kakashi is Hokage; so if chap. 700 doesn't take place chronologically later than that, we never get to see Naruto become Hokage. After 15 years of listening to his ramblings about how he will become Hokage.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Maybe Naruto has to accept that not everyone ca- pffffft...

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Triple Elation posted:

This last one is just pure gold :allears:

I should've expected something like this to happen, but it's so disappointing to hear it confirmed. :smith:

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Other unconfirmed spoilers have come out contradicting the earlier ones but they are still really dumb.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I mean, if you wanna have some fun and make up some fake Naruto spoilers... this is pretty much your last chance. Other than the movie, that's it.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Tonfa posted:

The spoilers said he was supposed to interrupt the Kage summit by rolling in in a Sherman tank.

:allears:

Still my favorite thing that never happened.

The first movie had a kunai Gatling gun. I always thought that was dope.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Triple Elation posted:

gently caress off.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Terper posted:

I mean, if you wanna have some fun and make up some fake Naruto spoilers... this is pretty much your last chance. Other than the movie, that's it.

You can always plant rumors about Naruto GT and invent fake spoilers for it.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Torrannor posted:

You can always plant rumors about Naruto GT and invent fake spoilers for it.

People are still doing that for DBZ. And people still believe it. :allears:

H.R. Hufflepuff
Aug 5, 2005
The worst of all worlds

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

People are still doing that for DBZ. And people still believe it. :allears:

I still can't believe that something titled "Dragonball AF" 'announced' on April 1 with no source anywhere was actually believed by more than one person. :allears:

Triple Elation
Feb 24, 2012

1 + 2 + 4 + 8 + ... = -1
Unconfirmed spoiler set #1, illustrated: (credit: http://entous-art.tumblr.com/)

Triple Elation fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Nov 4, 2014

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
Lol at anyone who still held hopes about the ending being mediocre or barely tolerable.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

H.R. Hufflepuff posted:

I still can't believe that something titled "Dragonball AF" 'announced' on April 1 with no source anywhere was actually believed by more than one person. :allears:

lol Dragonball AF was a rumor when I first discovered the internet like 13 years ago and loved DBZ, it's still being perpetuated?

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

I just assumed the movie wasn't going to be canon, but I guess we'll see what they do with the rest of the series. As for the spoilers, there's still a chance for a Sherman Tank right?

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Nah, it's canon.

Chrispurple
Dec 29, 2012

Oh man, this is gonna be great.
The tank's cannon that is.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen

hiddenriverninja posted:

Other unconfirmed spoilers have come out contradicting the earlier ones but they are still really dumb.

Post them anyway!

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Pour the spoilers all over my face.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Pyrotoad posted:

Post them anyway!

no I can't they actually made me physically angry

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

I like getting angry.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

700 takes place after the movie, but ends on a teaser hinting on a possible continuation.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
:siren:Spoilerssssss:siren:

Source: http://jump-netabare.seesaa.net/article/408263194.html

http://jump-netabare.seesaa.net/article/408263206.html

>Naruto & Sasuke meet up with Sakura and Kakashi.
>Sakura is surprised Sasuke is still there.
>Naruto: "See, this time Sasuke came back ! Sorry for being so long."
>Sakura remembers the promise and begins to cry.
>Naruto and Sasuke use the hand seals to dispel Mugen Tsukuyomi.
>Hagoromo disappears.
>Sasuke objects; he will not return back to the village & announces he will go on a solo trip.

>A few months have passed.
>The situation is explained to the people of the village.
>Tsunade talks to Kakashi in front of Obito's & Rin's grave.
>Tsunade announces her official retirement of the Hokage's post and appoints Kakashi as her successor.
>Sakura & Naruto have a talk in town.
>Naruto talks about finally taking the Chuunin Exam again.
>Naruto walks in front of the Hokage faces and proclaims he will become Hokage someday.

End

:siren:Spoilerrrrssss:siren:

Pretty much a popcorn fart.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Shinjobi posted:

>Naruto talks about finally taking the Chuunin Exam again.

This is all I wanted to hear.

EDIT: Closure achieved.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Eh, about as much of an ending as could be expected without re-writing the last few years from scratch.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

tbp posted:

lol Dragonball AF was a rumor when I first discovered the internet like 13 years ago and loved DBZ, it's still being perpetuated?

For a while it was, but people realized it was fake. Basically, what has been the norm lately is taking clips from the Super Saiyan Bardock special, Dragon Ball Heroes, and some of the other games and citing them as new anime clips.

Kingtheninja posted:

This is all I wanted to hear.

EDIT: Closure achieved.

I agree. Chunnin Naruto is far more realistic an immediate goal than Hokage Naruto.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

For a while it was, but people realized it was fake. Basically, what has been the norm lately is taking clips from the Super Saiyan Bardock special, Dragon Ball Heroes, and some of the other games and citing them as new anime clips.

I agree. Chunnin Naruto is far more realistic an immediate goal than Hokage Naruto.

That's so not even fair though. That would be like pitting a toddler against an aircraft carrier.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Also I would just like to remind everyone that

15 years following this poo poo. Honestly it would probably be worse if it had a non-poo poo ending.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Geniasis posted:

That's so not even fair though. That would be like pitting a toddler against an aircraft carrier.

Maybe Kakashi will come up with some special exam for him. I mean, the Chuunin Exam is supposed to be taken on teams and, aside from Sasuke, no one else on his team is even that rank anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Shinjobi posted:

>Tsunade talks to Kakashi in front of Obito's & Rin's grave.
>Tsunade announces her official retirement of the Hokage's post and appoints Kakashi as her successor.

:siren:Spoilerrrrssss:siren:

Is there a reason given for this? Just to set up the movie, I guess?

• Locked thread