Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pokemaster #421
Jul 14, 2005

For a swift one at the wrist, down on the old main drag.
Brought a couple of old folks to the polls so chalk up another 4 Burke votes. God I really, really don't want to have to look at Scott Walker's douchey face for another term. I'm going to need some kind of coping strategy after this, tomorrow is going to suck so bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Forgot we had a gdt

Fox News unsurprisingly broke an exit polling rule

Ganon
May 24, 2003
Taniel @Taniel · 5m 5 minutes ago
National Review says Gillespie reportedly had a late internal showing him up 1% Early exit show a close race too.

Been worrying about Warner for a while

Amused to Death
Aug 10, 2009

google "The Night Witches", and prepare for :stare:

Gen. Ripper posted:

:siren:VOTING PROBLEMS IN CONNECTICUT:siren:

Wrap it up Malloyailures :suicide:

the problems were this morning at some places in Hartford. A judge ruled 2 polling stations can stay open for another 1/2 hour

In Naugatuck they were given ballots from 2012 lmao

king salmon
Oct 30, 2011

by Cowcaster
We've got newtsign on CNN.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
The Definer of Civilization's Rules and Leader (possibly) of the Civilizing Forces (on CNN) sees shades of 1994 tonight.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

Joementum posted:

The Definer of Civilization's Rules and Leader (possibly) of the Civilizing Forces (on CNN) sees shades of 1994 tonight.

1994 being the beginning of the Doom That Broke The Republican Party in 1996, well I don't see that being all so bad.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Joementum posted:

Oh good so this is the last gasps of a party about to be hijacked by maniacs?

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

Ofaloaf posted:

Township supervisor. I filed on a lark and have spent most of my time since then going "oh poo poo, I should be serious about it" and canvassing and so forth. Fundraising's been poo poo, though.

did you manage to get any of the more established Dems in your county (who I presume exist) to plug you?

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

Joementum posted:

Someone on CNN just swiped a virtual chalkboard. Finish your drink.

I'm missing all the fun on CNN :(

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
The most important state closes its polls in 20 minutes. You can follow the results live here: https://twitter.com/Seven_Days/lists/vermont-election-2014

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
CNN is really going all out with its coverage

https://twitter.com/DanHopp/status/529778633712226304

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.

This is good for trying to get a read in comparison: http://elections.huffingtonpost.com/2014/results

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Gen. Ripper posted:

:siren:VOTING PROBLEMS IN CONNECTICUT:siren:

Wrap it up Malloyailures :suicide:
Pretty sure Malloy is done. CT is gonna vote to allow early voting and elect a governor who will veto any bill putting it into effect.

Misandrist Duck
Oct 22, 2012

Winkie01 posted:

What's the IRC channel?

#Poligoon on synirc

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Everyone knows Kano is a Republican hack. Good job CNN. :rolleyes:

Gen. Ripper
Jan 12, 2013

:siren:Alex Wagner on MSNBC:siren:

:allears:

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004

thanks

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib

420DD Butts posted:

Everyone knows Kano is a Republican hack. Good job CNN. :rolleyes:

I wanna know where they got that first Shao Kahn icon, that ain't in no MK I ever seen

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

nutranurse posted:

See, canvassing would be my big hurdle here, as fundraising's just about knowing people with deep pockets. So I take it you canvassed by yourself? No real support from a team or anything? That's pretty ballsy.
I did canvassing myself. I went into it with nothing but some light FO training, because originally I'd been considering working for one of the bigger campaigns directly. I'm alright at talking to people, it's the logistics of funding and fueling a campaign that I still know next to nothing about.

PupsOfWar posted:

did you manage to get any of the more established Dems in your county (who I presume exist) to plug you?
Yeah, although by the time I got my poo poo together to figure out what the hell to do, either the local Dems had either thrown all their money at one of the bigger candidates (and tbf, we got some big races here) or were otherwise already committed to another campaign. Mostly I just got some words of encouragement and that was it.

Roumba
Jun 29, 2005
Buglord

Fried Chicken posted:

Georgia is reporting record high black turnout

I first read this as "Georgia reporting record high blackouts" and thought they knew something we don't.

And this below:

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Vertical Lime posted:

Forgot we had a gdt

Seph
Jul 12, 2004

Please look at this photo every time you support or defend war crimes. Thank you.
CNN is literally controlling the lights on top of the Empire State Building to reflect election results.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Karl Rove having spots on prediction panels at all after last election's unskewing clusterfuck is insane.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib

Vertical Lime posted:

Forgot we had a gdt

Is there any kind of repurcussion for th.. ahahaahahahaahhahaha

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Seph posted:

CNN is literally controlling the lights on top of the Empire State Building to reflect election results.

I'm imagining Wolf Blitzer interviewing interns furiously switching lights on and off in a control room on the Empire State roof

Amphion
Jun 10, 2012

All we know is... he's called The Stig.
Rick Klein @rickklein · 6m 6 minutes ago
Dem turnout also at 30-year low #NCSEN per prelim exit polls #ABCVote

Rick Klein @rickklein · 8m 8 minutes ago
biggest GOP turnout #IASEN in 30 years of exit polls, per prelim data #ABCVote

Dems gonna lose every single race

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Amphion posted:

Rick Klein is an idiot, so there's that.

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)
Another 14 minutes until I have something to look at other than zooming in on the same map of Kentucky counties.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Amphion posted:

Hm on one hand that is troubling, on the other you want me to take anything Rick Klein says seriously...this is a toughie

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Amphion posted:

lol after 2010 I'm calling shenanigans on this poo poo.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I'm sorry do we not trust this face

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

How do you unlock the secret candidates?

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Ganon posted:

Taniel @Taniel · 5m 5 minutes ago
National Review says Gillespie reportedly had a late internal showing him up 1% Early exit show a close race too.

Been worrying about Warner for a while

:lol: candidates only release internal polls when they're favorable to them. Only being up 1% in an internal poll with an MoE of "loving enormous" is meaningless.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Sombrerotron posted:

Gotta beat up Obama in less than five minutes and hey why is my door being kicked down

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Lauren Scott (R-Reno,Sparks), would be the first transgender state legislator, if elected in Nevada today.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Ofaloaf posted:

I did canvassing myself. I went into it with nothing but some light FO training, because originally I'd been considering working for one of the bigger campaigns directly. I'm alright at talking to people, it's the logistics of funding and fueling a campaign that I still know next to nothing about.

Yeah, although by the time I got my poo poo together to figure out what the hell to do, either the local Dems had either thrown all their money at one of the bigger candidates (and tbf, we got some big races here) or were otherwise already committed to another campaign. Mostly I just got some words of encouragement and that was it.

Doing your own canvassing can really work wonders. A woman running for school board was canvassing by herself at the Metro on Halloween. I ended up voting for her solely due to that.

karlor
Apr 15, 2014

:911::ussr::911::ussr:
:ussr::911::ussr::911:
:911::ussr::911::ussr:
:ussr::911::ussr::911:
College Slice

FINISH HIM!!

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

Sombrerotron posted:

Google Ron Paul

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

Joementum posted:

Lauren Scott (R-Reno,Sparks), would be the first transgender state legislator, if elected in Nevada today.

... I think she's aligning herself with the wrong party.

Actually, while we're on the topic, are there any prominent gay members of the GOP? That's a joke question.

• Locked thread