Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Did Clay Aiken lose yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Tim Scott just became the first African-American to win a Senate race in a general election since 2004.

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

I can't wait for these REAL VOTES !!

Gen. Ripper
Jan 12, 2013

:siren:VERMONT TOO EARLY TO CALL:siren:

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
Holy poo poo Wolf Blitzer stutters a lot. :wow:

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

Joementum posted:

Tim Scott just became the first African-American to win a Senate race in a general election since 2004.

:cripes:

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Apparently there were mysterious voting station malfunctions and downtime all over Broward County (which has lots of minorities!) today and Charlie Crist filed an emergency motion to extend voting hours.

Amused to Death
Aug 10, 2009

google "The Night Witches", and prepare for :stare:
Everyone get drunk!

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown
Wait, if only 2% of the vote is in for KY how'd they already call the race?

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

I wholeheartedly agree, Wolf, that we, the viewers, should receive all the incomplete information and heavily hedged projections that the staff at CNN do.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Switching over to CNN. MSNBC is already whining, and I can't bear to listen to it.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

Luigi Thirty posted:

Apparently there were mysterious voting station malfunctions and downtime all over Broward County (which has lots of minorities!) today and Charlie Crist filed an emergency motion to extend voting hours.

Actual argument I heard when pointing out how much disenfranchisement goes on in minority areas: "Probably the blacks and hispanics are just too dumb/lazy to get things right"

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

420DD Butts posted:

Because the exit poll indicated a blowout and the early results conform with it. If a race is called that quick it's a blowout. Sometimes they say too early which means "it looks right but we need more data to make sure the exit poll wasn't lovely"

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot

I heard the south was racist

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

420DD Butts posted:

statistics :science:

Gen. Ripper
Jan 12, 2013

The best argument against democracy is the 2014 midterms.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

420DD Butts posted:

Exit polling

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

420DD Butts posted:

Given the partisan lean of the places that have already reported, where McConnell is overperforming what he needs to win, and the exit polls, which also show a clear McConnell win, it's an easy call.

e: lead != lean

Pinterest Mom fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Nov 5, 2014

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Milnementum? He has said that he doesn't have a victory speech and will "just wing it". If you've ever had to listen to a Milne speech, this should fill you with dread.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Sombrerotron posted:

I'd like that, too.

Found it
http://client01.chat.mibbit.com/?server=irc.synirc.net&channel=%23Poligoon

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004
Can't wait to watch them impeach Obama :allears:

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

420DD Butts posted:

You can do some easy statistics with a small sample and conclude that there's a 99% chance that there's a clear difference between X & Y.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

pathetic little tramp posted:

Actual argument I heard when pointing out how much disenfranchisement goes on in minority areas: "Probably the blacks and hispanics are just too dumb/lazy to get things right"

Broward County is home to the state's largest Afro-Carribbean immigrant population apparently.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Gen. Ripper posted:

The best argument against democracy is the 2014 midterms.

Also all the other elections that came before.

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

KillHour posted:

Switching over to CNN. MSNBC is already whining, and I can't bear to listen to it.

Especially if you're drinking, it's probably a good night to watch Fox News.

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004

Slipknot Hoagie posted:

I heard the south was racist

as someone that lives in Georgia, it is racist as poo poo.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
Apparently the police got called to remove a Democratic volunteer from the vicinity of a poll station.

He had set up a laptop and printer to help students print out bills to prove residency.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Pinterest Mom posted:

Given the partisan lead of the places that have already reported, where McConnell is overperforming what he needs to win, and the exit polls, which also show a clear McConnell win, it's an easy call.

Well then, that works too.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Well Grimes, maybe next time when someone asks you if you voted for the leader of your party you say something other than "Ummm...". McConnell was beatable.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

FadingChord posted:

Especially if you're drinking, it's probably a good night to watch Fox News.

I must be a terrible hipster because I can't bring myself to watch Fox News, even ironically.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
Really wanna see those Fayette numbers so I can point and laugh at some people.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

axeil posted:

Because the exit poll indicated a blowout and the early results conform with it. If a race is called that quick it's a blowout. Sometimes they say too early which means "it looks right but we need more data to make sure the exit poll wasn't lovely"

Not necessarily a blowout, but the exit polls and the currently returned data line up to indicate that the exit polls are correct.

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)
While the call in Kentucky is most likely accurate, I still think it was a bit too soon, because the state's urban/minority districts hadn't reported in yet.

Emanuel Collective
Jan 16, 2008

by Smythe
Meanwhile in Illinois

@m_silverberg · 2h 2 hours ago
Wifi for media at the Bruce Rauner party is $50 a pop...

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Well Grimes, maybe next time when someone asks you if you voted for the leader of your party you say something other than "Ummm...". McConnell was beatable.

I don't even have to go that far, apparently.

Franco Potente
Jul 9, 2010
S.E. Cupp's voice makes me want to self-harm.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

The Puppy Bowl posted:

I'm moving to Kentucky next year, how long does one need to have residency to run?

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Emanuel Collective posted:

Meanwhile in Illinois

@m_silverberg · 2h 2 hours ago
Wifi for media at the Bruce Rauner party is $50 a pop...

Free market y'all

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

Oh, more pollworker jokes:

A Russian, a German and a Chinaman show up at a gold mine looking for work.

The Foreman looks at the Russian and says, you look like a strong fellow, I'll put you in charge of digging and loading the cart.

He looks at the German next and says, you look like a smart guy, I'm going to put you in charge of the carts, making sure that they all end up in the right place.

Lastly, he looks at the Chinaman and says, I don't think I need any more help, I'll just put you in charge of supplies.

A little while later the Foreman comes to check on the mine. The Russian is filling carts like crazy. The German is directing carts left and right, but the Chinaman isn't anywhere to be found.

He looks down one shaft, then another tunnel. As he's walking back up to the elevator to leave, the Chinaman jumps out from behind a cart and yells "SUPPLIES!"

This made me groan loudly. You should feel ashamed. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

glowing-fish posted:

While the call in Kentucky is most likely accurate, I still think it was a bit too soon, because the state's urban/minority districts hadn't reported in yet.

McConnell is out performing his past results everywhere. That's enough of a lead that it doesn't really matter how much the urban counties contribute. Hell, he might even win the urban counties.

• Locked thread