Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Someone explain what the gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wild Knight
Mar 27, 2010

Foul villain! I do not flee. I will never turn my back on you and run away!

[he says, running away]

Space Harrier posted:

Xenoblade supports Wiimote+Nunchuk, but it's barely playable that way and doesn't even implement the most basic functions of the remote (not even pointer controls for menus). You NEED a classic controller for the game.

As a counterpoint, I actually didn't enjoy Xenoblade until I switched to Wiimote+Nunchuk, as that makes it a lot easier to select arts while moving and every other controller function is replicated decently enough. Do whatever is comfortable.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Space Harrier posted:

Xenoblade supports Wiimote+Nunchuk, but it's barely playable that way and doesn't even implement the most basic functions of the remote (not even pointer controls for menus). You NEED a classic controller for the game.

you're nuts, wiimote+nunchuk is the best for that game because you can just lay down and let your arms do whatever. pointer controls would have hurt the game

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Kurtofan posted:

Someone explain what the gently caress

Licensed KMMO.

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

FairGame posted:

1.) Should I wait until later this month? I saw that PS4 had a price drop; are we expecting a similar Wii U one in advance of the holidays?
2.) That Fry's deal in the OP is dead. What's the bundle I should be targeting if what I want most is Mario Kart, Pikmin 3, Smash Bros., and Zelda? (I don't see a bundle that does a good job with this stuff; I'm mostly asking if there's a new bundle people are expecting in the coming weeks.)
1) If there will be any sort of price drop or bundle, it's likely to be announced tomorrow, since Black Friday is coming very soon.
2) Shoot, I guess I gotta' update the OP, sorry about that. Like others have said, as it currently stands, the refurbished bundle is easily your best bet for a darn good value, barring any price-dropped bundle Nintendo announces within the next few weeks.

oh my god

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
I straight up didn't know Xenoblade had Classic Controller support until halfway through the game, I tried it out for like 15 minutes then went back to Remote+Nunchuck.

melon cat
Jan 21, 2010

Nap Ghost

Ultigonio posted:

1) If there will be any sort of price drop or bundle, it's likely to be announced tomorrow, since Black Friday is coming very soon.
2) Shoot, I guess I gotta' update the OP, sorry about that. Like others have said, as it currently stands, the refurbished bundle is easily your best bet for a darn good value, barring any price-dropped bundle Nintendo announces within the next few weeks.

oh my god
I'm going to go and bet that a price drop won't be happening. The Wii U has been selling well and is already less expensive than the other consoles.

If anything, a new bundle is a lot more likely.

melon cat fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Nov 5, 2014

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

I've never even heard of this thing before. Do people still play this?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Capcom announced an international release for the MMO a couple years back but it still isn't out. I have no idea how popular it is in Korea.

There are lots of terrible Asian MMOs/f2p games with other licenses slapped on, it's been happening for a little while now. There's a bad Chinese KOF knockoff called Xuan Dou Zhi Wang that became so popular it let them license real KOF characters, for example.

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

Space Harrier posted:

nah you don't

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Sakurazuka posted:

Nintendo doesn't do anything like that with the store, the only reason not to buy stuff on it is if the WiiU not having a proper account system bothers you (digital purchases are tied to the console itself). You can play Xenoblade Chronicles fine on the WiiU but you WILL need to buy a wiimote + nunchuck/classic controller separately, none of the WiiU controllers work with Wii games.

This is inaccurate. Digital purchase are tied to your Nintendo Network ID.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
For fucks sake let's not have this conversation again.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

For fucks sake let's not have this conversation again.

Just correcting some misinformation, that's all.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

What the everloving gently caress am I looking at

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

melon cat posted:

I'm going to go and bet that a price drop won't be happening. The Wii U has been selling well and is already less expensive than the other consoles.

If anything, a new bundle is a lot more likely.

I don't disagree with that. Still, I'd imagine that a November Direct would be the prime opportunity to announce a price drop (or just a new bundle) if they do it.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

I'd bet on them sticking to the strategy of putting more stuff in the box without dropping the price below $300. Like an SSB system bundle featuring a Pro Controller or something like that.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

jivjov posted:

This is inaccurate. Digital purchase are tied to your Nintendo Network ID.

but they wont let you redownload on other devices so it's pretty pointless. With the way the shop works right now it may as well just be tied to console. Buy $200+ worth of poo poo from the eshop and break, lose or just have more than one console in your family/household? tough poo poo! enjoy buying all your games a second time! It's a joke and it's pathetic that literally every other company had this poo poo figured out 5+ years ago and nintendo can't manage the same.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

Kly posted:

but they wont let you redownload on other devices so it's pretty pointless. With the way the shop works right now it may as well just be tied to console. Buy $200+ worth of poo poo from the eshop and break, lose or just have more than one console in your family/household? tough poo poo! enjoy buying all your games a second time! It's a joke and it's pathetic that literally every other company had this poo poo figured out 5+ years ago and nintendo can't manage the same.

Actually you just call Nintendo and have them transfer your ID to the replacement console and you redownload all your stuff to it and this weird rear end misconception about losing all your games is probably why so many people rush to point out that purchases are tied to the ID even if the ID is tied to the console.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Kly posted:

You're wrong, customer service can and will tie your NNID to another machine if you don't have access to your old one.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Kly posted:

It's a joke and it's pathetic that literally every other company had this poo poo figured out 5+ years ago and nintendo can't manage the same.

A lot of assumptions in that sentence.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

greatn posted:

You're wrong, customer service can and will tie your NNID to another machine if you don't have access to your old one.

Up until they added the feature to let you transfer it yourself if you had both consoles in your possession, they also let you just call them to do it. The "How to" FAQ literally just said to just call them until they could get the app released.

e:
DIY: http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9159
FAQ: http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/8983

quote:

Q: What if I don't have my old Wii U?

A: In order to perform a Wii U to Wii U system transfer, both Wii U consoles will need to be present. If your source console is no longer available, please contact us for support.

Q: Can I use this feature to transfer a single Nintendo Network ID from a source Wii U that contains multiple Nintendo Network IDs onto a new Wii U?

A: No. You cannot select to transfer a single Nintendo Network ID. If you perform a Wii U to Wii U system transfer it will transfer all users to the target Wii U. If you would like to transfer a single Nintendo Network ID, please contact us for support.

Chronojam fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Nov 5, 2014

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
For fucks sakes WE JUST HAD THIS ARGUMENT!

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Did the thread just fall through a timewarp back to two days ago or something

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Yeah, the same one it falls into every two days.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

greatn posted:

He also pointed out if you have more than one could in your house how you're poo poo out of luck. For instance, I have a 3ds and my daughter has a 2ds. I bought smash bros digitally, before I bought my daughter's 2ds. The only way she can play it is for me to buy another copy, either digitally or physically. I feel like that's pretty asinine.

Edit: The lack of a family account system or being able to sign in on a different system is probably my only issue with the way Nintendo runs their account system.

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish

PneumonicBook posted:

I bought smash bros digitally, before I bought my daughter's 2ds. The only way she can play it is for me to buy another copy, either digitally or physically.
It sure sounds like you want to have two copies of the game while paying for only one.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
I stopped by to see what happened in the Direct and it's just this account debate that we had yesterday. And the day before that. And the day before that...

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Casnorf posted:

It sure sounds like you want to have two copies of the game while paying for only one.

Holy poo poo.

No guy, I want my daughter to be able to play it on her ds when I'm not, the same as a physical game.

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

PneumonicBook posted:

Holy poo poo.

No guy, I want my daughter to be able to play it on her ds when I'm not, the same as a physical game.
Then buy a physical copy? Not all digital ecosystems are the same and bitching about how one is different than another is ridiculous when you've already bought into it.

Vookatos
May 2, 2013
It's just a jump to the left, and then Nintendo doesn't have a proper account system I'm so angry

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

PneumonicBook posted:

Holy poo poo.

That's not how digital games work on pretty much anything. You could just let her use you 3DS :)

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

axleblaze posted:

That's not how digital games work on pretty much anything. You could just let her use you 3DS :)

No bbbbut you see STEAM

edit full disclosure on stupid joke: I use Steam family account to play Out of the Park on my laptop when I'm on the can instead of just playing Smash Bros online like a rational human would

Casnorf fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Nov 5, 2014

Fly with me
Aug 19, 2006

Single-handedly repopulating the Earth.

Going back to Capcom chat, I wish that Capcom would let other companies work on their IP's.
Imagine Retro doing a Ghosts and Goblins game?

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Wildtortilla posted:

I stopped by to see what happened in the Direct and it's just this account debate that we had yesterday. And the day before that. And the day before that...

The Direct is tomorrow, so we need to find a timewarp going the other way.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Fly with me posted:

Going back to Capcom chat, I wish that Capcom would let other companies work on their IP's.
Imagine Retro doing a Ghosts and Goblins game?

You mean like with Devil May Cry?

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

They should let Grin make a new Bionic Commando and the arm can be his wife

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Casnorf posted:

No bbbbut you see STEAM

When we tried STEAM's sharing, it seemed more like a fancy way to authorize somebody read-only access to your account without sharing a password. The moment you tried doing anything, it booted them off, so you couldn't play Serious Sam while letting your buddy play Civilization. Not sure if they've changed it since then.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

axleblaze posted:

Sure and I do that, and I'm not like super pissed or anything, I just think it's a legitimate criticism, and because of how family friendly Nintendo is I think that would be an enormous plus for them, that's all.

Fly with me posted:

Imagine Retro doing a Gargoyle's Quest game?

FTFY

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Maldita Castilla and Volgarr the Viking are very GnG-ish, go play those. (Maldita is free, too.)

Demon's Crest and Gargoyle's Quest 2 went up on the NA VC last week, too, so check those out if you're not familiar with 'em.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Wanna watch a pretend mother/daughter play Captain Toad for ten minutes?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqWf5WR0b1I

• Locked thread