Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Do we need to go back to the many Dem losses in the '00s when mealy mouthed Democrats got their asses kicked for running away from the party when it wasn't run by a Kenyan Anti-Colonialist?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Why bother with plastic cups when that sweet Popov stream can enter your mouth straight from the bottle?

you switch to drinking straight from those sweet plastic lips when NC/NH/VA goes red

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Florida at 18% reporting: Crist is behind Scott by 11000 votes. The count is far from over, but it's really tight...

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Kiwi Ghost Chips posted:

Actually it's statements like these that are why Democrats are bad at politics.
Yeah I'm just bitter because I live on the edge of civilization and the redblooded hell that is Pennsyltucky

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

God, Fitzgerald's campaign was bad. Early results in Ohio indicate that he won only ~30 per cent of the vote.

QuoProQuid fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Nov 5, 2014

Zeno-25
Dec 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I guess maybe one silver lining is that a lot of the returns coming in right now are from more southern Appalachian regions, which have always been particularly anti-Obama (hmm) going back to Clinton's unusually high performance there back in the 2008 primaries.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Shear Modulus posted:

Why are Democrats so bad at politics

I want to say because they have ethics

I know its because its largely a party of not-republicans, so they can't put together unified platform to run on

Optimus Subprime
Mar 26, 2005

Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas?

Watching these results from Asia doesn't give me the opportunity to drink while watching the results roll in live. I'll pour one out later tonight.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Come on Wisconsin one time!

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Thankfully they'll die eventually. And hopefully we don't forget by the then.

Boomers and a lot of Gen X are way worse than the olds.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Ronald McReagan posted:

Basically none of the vote from Fairfax/Alexandria is in, no worries.
Virginia takes forever to count. Don't even pay attention to updates before someone projects a winner.

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

El Campeon Mundial del Acordeon

The Glumslinger posted:

:lol:

New Division
Jun 23, 2004

I beg to present to you as a Christmas gift, Mr. Lombardi, the city of Detroit.
Longing for old people and people who aren't voting the way you like to die is pretty freerepublic even if you don't really mean it but totally do on a deeper level

Bastaman Vibration
Jun 26, 2005

Nice avatar/post combo

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

I'm not entirely willing to blame voters when public opinion is so malleable, I blame the Dems for consistently half-assing it.

khazar sansculotte
May 14, 2004

Grouchio posted:

Florida at 18% reporting: Crist is behind Scott by 11000 votes. The count is far from over, but it's really tight...

What are you looking at? I see Crist up 40k.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

The Glumslinger posted:

No they loving don't.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

ReidRansom posted:

Boomers and a lot of Gen X are way worse than the olds.

Reagan still loving us even in death :smith:

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Crist is down! Now he's up! Now he's down! Wait no, he's up again! :confuoot:

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

PseudoFaux posted:

I'm watching CCN's livestream, are they always this dramaqueening? It's almost borderline doom crying.

I expected this from Fox News.
CNN is the reigning king of stupid coverage, Fox News has nothing on the sheer idiocy that CNN can generate.

Ronald McReagan posted:

Which results in them being less filled with a desire to get to the loving polls...
Right. If Democrats could manage to get a good GOTV campaign going in midterm years things wouldn't be so bleak tonight.

What's the best (read: most entertaining) election stream? I'm thinking Young Turks could be amusing though Cenk can be really grating at times, but I dunno.

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

Laphroaig or die

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

A man can dream hope pretend live in denial :(

Emanuel Collective
Jan 16, 2008

by Smythe

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Do we need to go back to the many Dem losses in the '00s when mealy mouthed Democrats got their asses kicked for running away from the party when it wasn't run by a Kenyan Anti-Colonialist?

Clearly the only answer for why bland lobbyist in suit #300 isn't winning is racism

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

achillesforever6 posted:

Yeah I'm just bitter because I live on the edge of civilization and the redblooded hell that is Pennsyltucky

I grew up near State College (the woodsy parts near it) - I second this man's suffering.
:whatup:

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

MSNBC is being very careful to differentiate between "too close to call" and "too early to call". Too close = poo poo's tight, "too early" = only backwoods poo poo has reported in so far.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Virginia takes forever to count. Don't even pay attention to updates before someone projects a winner.

The Upshot is running a (really rad) projection that tries to account for the outstanding vote. Right now, they have Warner +0.9 (off a reported lead of Gillespie +6.2).

khazar sansculotte
May 14, 2004

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

Right. If Democrats could manage to get a good GOTV campaign going in midterm years things wouldn't be so bleak tonight.

As I said earlier, I think this is why FL will be a bright spot tonight. I'm a union organizer in Florida, our turnout campaign this year was awesome, I think we even surprised ourselves at how well it worked. It's a refreshing change from the "this guy can't seriously win an election, right?" strategy we took towards Rick Scott in 2010.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

CNN is the reigning king of stupid coverage, Fox News has nothing on the sheer idiocy that CNN can generate.

What's the best (read: most entertaining) election stream? I'm thinking Young Turks could be amusing though Cenk can be really grating at times, but I dunno.

You just answered your own question, CNN is the funniest by far.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Reagan still loving us even in death :smith:

We'll be trying to shed his lingering taint for decades yet.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

:siren: :siren: :siren: MSNBC calls the house for the GOP :siren: :siren: :siren:

a penus
Aug 14, 2004

see you next mission

FuzzyBuddha posted:

Apparently, there were bilingual ones, with Alaska native languages, such as this one that my coworker got. Didn't see any at my polling place. :(

Holy poo poo that owns owns owns.

would drink but I'm stuck in rehearsal tonight. Any decent mobile websites to check obsessively?

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

axeil posted:

I am now drinking Yuengling in honor of my roots.

And my fear that Warner will lose. I really like him :smith:

I'm scared too but it feels like the nonsense fear I had about Rommney during 2012 so it should just be the conditioned pessimism of an American voter.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

A GIANT PARSNIP posted:

:siren: :siren: :siren: MSNBC calls the house for the GOP :siren: :siren: :siren:

Not a surprise. :toot:

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

If it doesn't do us in first

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

KillHour posted:

You're not even kidding.

What the gently caress?

zakharov posted:

It's always weird to be reminded that there are entire governments based on nothing but spite.

http://exiledonline.com/we-the-spiteful/

We live in a spiteful-as-gently caress nation. America #1!! :patriot:

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

A GIANT PARSNIP posted:

might as well call it for them until at least 2022

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Things I learned tonight: 12 year old scotch pairs well with funnel cake fries

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Ed Markey becomes the first Democratic Senate winner of the night.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

A GIANT PARSNIP posted:

Are they sobbing uncontrollably? :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

A GIANT PARSNIP posted:

Gerrymandering owns

• Locked thread