Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Any news on Maine?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Shear Modulus posted:

Yeah I forgot he was a Disney employee now

Since his new site has been so lovely

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Tom Brokaw and his phone on MSNBC. :3:

Adjunct Cheesecake
Mar 19, 2009

mmmmmm
LOL at Tom Brokaw's phone alarm going off on air

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE
the newsroom is back?

zeroprime
Mar 25, 2006

Words go here.

Fun Shoe

CommieGIR posted:

Its the mass stupidity of a bunch of Tea Partiers voting in the guys who literally ruin everything and then wondering why everything is ruined.

It's the people who look at the GOP takeover of Kansas and think "Yeah, we need more of that!"

Florida Betty
Sep 24, 2004

My dad once told me he went to a Quebecois discotheque with Mark Warner back in the 70s. I really should ask him for the full story. Sadly, I don't live in VA anymore so I can't cancel out his vote for Gillespie.

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Aliquid posted:

well let me brighten your evening for you

420DD Butts posted:

i have good news for you

zakharov posted:

Good news, friend
This thread does bear some good news!

KillHour posted:

Don't worry. You can jerk it to Anderson Cooper. None of us will judge you.
Hmmmmm

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax

New Division posted:

Scott Brown is unelectable garbage and I don't know why the GOP keeps trying to make him catch on.

You actually think this poo poo? He won loving Massachusetts in 2009 and almost won NH as a carpetbagger. Just because you dislike him doesn't mean he's an unelectable garbage candidate.

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Grouchio posted:

Any news on Maine?

Majority of results usually don't come in for a few more hours here in Maine.

http://maineelections.bangordailynews.com/

You can follow results here.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Brokaw is a treasure.

:agreed:

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)
Clay Aiken has a narrow lead with half the vote in his district counted. Looks like he might win! Possibly.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun
11 minutes before Nebraska!

Buckle up here comes a competitive house seat and a minimum wage increase :getin:

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
I hope they run scott brown over with his own pickup

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Cliff Racer posted:

You actually think this poo poo? He won loving Massachusetts in 2009 and almost won NH as a carpetbagger. Just because you dislike him doesn't mean he's an unelectable garbage candidate.
He won Mass because he was running against Coakley. When he ran against a candidate anyone actually cared about, he got slaughtered. His campaign both times loving sucked.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
So now will the Senate committee on science match the morons on the Congressional one?

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Florida Betty posted:

My dad once told me he went to a Quebecois discotheque with Mark Warner back in the 70s. I really should ask him for the full story. Sadly, I don't live in VA anymore so I can't cancel out his vote for Gillespie.

Your father went to a club in Quebec with Warner and isn't voting for him?

That's real cold.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Is there an IRC web thingamabob for tonight?

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Any updates on Catania?

New Division
Jun 23, 2004

I beg to present to you as a Christmas gift, Mr. Lombardi, the city of Detroit.

Cliff Racer posted:

Beating Martha Coakley in a special election does not impress me.

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
oklahoma remains terrible, republican party's black friend elected in SC.

Kiwi Ghost Chips
Feb 19, 2011

Start using the best desktop environment now!
Choose KDE!

xarph posted:

To be fair, they almost are.

No they aren't, chill out.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
9:00 PM

• Arizona
  • Colorado
  • Kansas (MST)
  • Louisiana
  • Michigan (CST)
  • Minnesota
  • Nebraska
  • New Mexico
  • New York
  • Sout Dakota (MST)
  • Texas (MST)
  • Wisconsin
  • Wyoming

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Well in somewhat good news, 6 counties in the FL panhandle are now fully counted.

Edit- the bad news being one remaining is Okaloosa.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

glowing-fish posted:

Clay Aiken has a narrow lead with half the vote in his district counted. Looks like he might win! Possibly.

This result would warm my cold dead heart, because I'm already prepared for the seemingly inevitable Ernst win. That Esquire article about Clay was great, and while I was pulling for him before, now I really want him to win, he seems so earnest and genuinely wanting to be the representative his district deserves.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Do we have a stream for this stuff?

I need to watch Scott Walker's execution live, or at least get confirmation that this state is going to permanently gently caress itself into the ground goddamn he canceled the loving train before I drink myself to sleep tonight

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

CommieGIR posted:

So now will the Senate committee on science match the morons on the Congressional one?

We are currently at 2/6 Republican upsets so it is not yet clear. Wait for NC and IA before we make that call. Because :lol: if you think MT and SD won't make it 4/6.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

One more Corbett item

Jessica S. Parks ‏@JS_Parks
AP exit polls showed Corbett losing w/ men, women, all age groups, all income levels - and in most of the regions of the state. Ouch #inq

:pwn:

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
^^ glorious :allears:

7 minutes :f5:

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

Cliff Racer posted:

The only reason he won Massachusetts is because the Democratic candidate was a criminally incompetent idiot.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Reminder: Tom Cotton, earlier this year:

quote:

The problem is with Mark Pryor and Barack Obama refusing to enforce our immigration laws, and refusing to secure our border. I’ll change that when I’m in the United States Senate. And I would add, it’s not just an immigration problem. We now know that it’s a security problem. Groups like the Islamic State collaborate with drug cartels in Mexico who have clearly shown they’re willing to expand outside the drug trade into human trafficking and potentially even terrorism.

They could infiltrate our defenseless border and attack us right here in places like Arkansas. This is an urgent problem and it’s time we got serious about it, and I’ll be serious about it in the United States Senate.

You can see why Kristol loves him.

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

glowing-fish posted:

NSCBE lists 37% precincts in, Ellmers beating Aiken 55 to 44. Slightly different from Google.

Not sure who to believe. I'm acquainted with Ellmers personally, she's as detached from reality in real life as she looks on Comedy Central.

ebg
Mar 31, 2008

Inhofe I hope you get eaten by bears.

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

quote:

NBC Connecticut ‏@NBCConnecticut 3 minutes ago
#Bridgewater ends reign as Connecticut's last dry town as residents vote to end alcohol ban http://bit.ly/1zuZ1uU #Decision2014

:woop:

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

MAO TSE-TUNGACUNT posted:

Inhofe I hope you get eaten by bears.

same

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

Command Ant posted:

The only reason he won Massachusetts is because the Democratic candidate was a criminally incompetent idiot.

Who's now running for governor lol

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

ComradeCosmobot posted:

We are currently at 2/6 Republican upsets so it is not yet clear. Wait for NC and IA before we make that call. Because :lol: if you think MT and SD won't make it 4/6.

Yeah, if somehow the Dems hold both IA/NC I'll feel better about a possibility of Dems holding the Senate overall or via VP.

Doctor Roosevelt
Jun 17, 2006

Nap Ghost

Vertical Lime posted:

One more Corbett item

Jessica S. Parks ‏@JS_Parks
AP exit polls showed Corbett losing w/ men, women, all age groups, all income levels - and in most of the regions of the state. Ouch #inq

:pwn:

This is one of very few things tonight that can get me to crack a smile tonight.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

New Division posted:

Scott Brown is unelectable garbage and I don't know why the GOP keeps trying to make him catch on.

The democrats ran Martha Coakley in the governor's race this year and she's going to lose. So....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gen. Ripper
Jan 12, 2013

Ahahahhaha Scott up by ~100k votes gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress democracy burn everything to the ground bring on mad max fuuuuuuuuuuuasfkl;dht80915u2pojw :unsmigghh: :unsmigghh: :unsmigghh:

• Locked thread