Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a rowdy mullet
Feb 12, 2009
Just got back from buying a cheap fifth of scotch, God drat America :smithicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July
Welp. Time to watch the final ep of Alpha House so I can feel good about some Republicans winning in 2014.

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer

Chamale posted:

A Republican will win that, right?

New York Times says the Dems get New Hampshire, Virginia, and North Carolina. Colorado and Alaska are possibilities, but I don't see how they're winning any of Iowa, Georgia, Kansas, or Louisiana.

It's not a forgone conclusion but Landrieu (dem) is not favored in a runoff.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

glowing-fish posted:

The NYTimes says that 72% of the precincts have been counted in Chittendon and that Milne is leading there.

:wtf:

Their vote count is ~25k. That's really low for being 75% of the vote in a county with a population of 160,000 people.

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

khazar sansculotte
May 14, 2004

Chokes McGee posted:

Remember, fellow alcoholics: Never go to sleep drunk, get water and bread, and take your B12.

Quoting for page 49.

New Division
Jun 23, 2004

I beg to present to you as a Christmas gift, Mr. Lombardi, the city of Detroit.

Chamale posted:

A Republican will win that, right?

New York Times says the Dems get New Hampshire, Virginia, and North Carolina. Colorado and Alaska are possibilities, but I don't see how they're winning any of Iowa, Georgia, Kansas, or Louisiana.

Undoubtably. Most of the 3rd party candidates votes are just going to slip on over to the GOP candidate. Or stay home.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Local Tennessee Voting News:

Scott Desjarlais won, and it looks like Amendment 1 'regulating' abortion is going to pass.

To get the irony: Scott slept with one of his patients and forced her to get an abortion, and then ran on the pro-life ticket and Tennessee is now pushing the pro-life agenda into our state Constitution

:smithicide:

Pegged Lamb
Nov 5, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
Well now we'll have the decisiveness in Congress we need to defeat Isis, ebola and women gamer sociologists.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Put the tip in Portsmouth

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

A Winner is Jew posted:

Romney was governor there so it's that that big of a deal considering the dems have a super-majority to block anything he tried.

Its the principle of the loving thing. This loving state circle jerks itself about being "independent" and non partisan and thus always elects a loving Republican into a position of power FOR NO loving REASON.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
Isn't the Daily Show / Colbert supposed to be livestreaming now? Youtube says it won't be for another hour.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

HorseRenoir posted:

Hey look on the bright side, we'll probably get the Senate back in two years.

Two long years :smithicide:

Have fun getting a +4 swing (+5 under a Cruz ascendant scenario) :getin:

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
goddammit Florida I just got down here for college don't gently caress me on this

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

HorseRenoir posted:

Hey look on the bright side, we'll probably get the Senate back in two years.

Two long years :smithicide:

Depends on the margin. If its 51-49 then the Dems take it but if the GOP gets to 53 or 54 it's a lot trickier. The only 2 likely D pickups right now are PA and IL and PA might stick with Toomey.

CaptainCarrot
Jun 9, 2010

JosefStalinator posted:

It's not a forgone conclusion but Landrieu (dem) is not favored in a runoff.

The polling is bad, but she pulled it off in 2002.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
If there's a photoshop for Republican tears champagne, then there should be an equivalent photoshop for Republican Spite energy drink.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Pegged Lamb posted:

Well now we'll have the decisiveness in Congress we need to defeat Isis, ebola and women gamer sociologists.

Also to fix ethics in game journalism

1337JiveTurkey
Feb 17, 2005

Ronald McReagan posted:

Quoting for page 49.

Staying awake for the next 72 hours isn't going to help things either.

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)

Joementum posted:

Their vote count is ~25k. That's really low for being 75% of the vote in a county with a population of 160,000 people.

Ah, it can be tricky because 75% of the precincts doesn't mean 75% of the vote. I guess a lot of smaller, rural precincts have reported in?

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011

Dr.Zeppelin posted:

You can't understand how a state that has a few large urban areas and vast rural areas can elect Republican governors? There are like five of them off the top of my head that have done that in the last four years.

If you actually drove through these vast rural areas I think you'd be surprised, too. My guess is that the tipping point is the western panhandle a.k.a. Southern Alabama. Pensacola, Panama City, and Ft. Walton Beach are red as gently caress.

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

CaptainCarrot posted:

if anyone can pull off a runoff its landrieu but man its not looking good

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Shear Modulus posted:

Where the hell is James Carville, he's my favorite commentator guy.

cnn let him go the second zucker took over

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Ronald McReagan posted:

Quoting for page 49.

I'll drink water, but how will I be able to sleep tonight if I'm not still blackout drunk when I go to sleep?

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Neodoomium posted:

Michigan is a bad and stupid state, unfortunately

At least we weren't stupid enough to elect Terri Lynn Land.

...:smithicide:

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer

CaptainCarrot posted:

Yeah Landrieu can win a run-off, but she would go into it as the underdog.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Alexzandvar posted:

goddammit Florida I just got down here for college don't gently caress me on this

Welcome to Florida, here's your For Sale sign to wear on your head.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Its the principle of the loving thing. This loving state circle jerks itself about being "independent" and non partisan and thus always elects a loving Republican into a position of power FOR NO loving REASON.
The line I always heard when I lived in the state was that the state legislature is always solid loving blue, so they want a gov who'll challenge it from time to time.

I think it's a bunch of poo poo, but it's what they said.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Here's a "local story" from New Jersey relayed to me by a friend who is in Runyan's old district.

quote:

The Democratic challenger brought us boardworkers a box of coffee from Dunkin' Donuts that had Eagles logos on it. Later in the day, the Democratic commissioner wanted those covered up to prevent electioneering.

The current, retiring, representative is a Republican who used to play for the eagles for those who didn't know.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

It is pretty funny when MA and CT do this.
"We need a check on the Dem legislature we refuse to vote out!"

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

The NYT has been going up and down in reporting %, which is weird and kind of unprofessional. Literally reverting back to earlier %s.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
10:00 PM

• Idaho (MST)
  • Iowa
  • Montana
  • Nevada
  • North Dakota (CST)
  • Oregon (MST)
  • Utah

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Grey Fox posted:

The line I always heard when I lived in the state was that the state legislature is always solid loving blue, so they want a gov who'll challenge them from time to time.

I think it's a bunch of poo poo, but it's what they said.

I, too, want an executive who shits things up and votes against my interest for the sake of "balance"

Kiwi Ghost Chips
Feb 19, 2011

Start using the best desktop environment now!
Choose KDE!

fknlo posted:

I love how they're talking about why Corbett lost but it's the light version of what Brownback did and he's going to get re-elected.

Brownback will lose.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

CommieGIR posted:

Local Tennessee Voting News:

Scott Desjarlais won, and it looks like Amendment 1 'regulating' abortion is going to pass.

To get the irony: Scott slept with one of his patients and forced her to get an abortion, and then ran on the pro-life ticket and Tennessee is now pushing the pro-life agenda.

:smithicide:

I'm disgusted and disappointed but not surprised. This state is full of hyper-religious assholes and churches were pushing Yes on 1 really hard.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Joementum posted:

10:00 PM

• Iowa

And now the real pain comes...

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

TheRamblingSoul posted:

If there's a photoshop for Republican tears champagne, then there should be an equivalent photoshop for Republican Spite energy drink.

The democrat tears are a hippie with a razor blade.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Shear Modulus posted:

Where the hell is James Carville, he's my favorite commentator guy.

He married Mary Matalin and is therefore a monster. Also, physically he's a monster.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Vertical Lime posted:

cnn let him go the second zucker took over

gently caress cnn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Tough
Oct 22, 2007

XyrlocShammypants posted:

The NYT has been going up and down in reporting %, which is weird and kind of unprofessional. Literally reverting back to earlier %s.

They also hosed up Indianapolis' House seat and had the libertarian guy up by like 25,000 more votes than he actually had

• Locked thread