Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cheesemaster200
Feb 11, 2004

Guard of the Citadel

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

It took a long rear end time for most Americans to start blaming him for the economy.

But blaming him they apparently are. Not really arguing the logic of it, but that has been the hot topic this election.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?

axeil posted:

After Bush that makes sense.

Also blaming the President for the economy is the stupidest loving thing. They have almost no control over it. It's like blaming your congressman for the weather.

If they pass some bills that change things up or change up how the Fed acts then sure. But they don't have nearly as much control as people think they have.

This is the same country that is blaming the President for Ebola

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

oh thank loving god

one of the few bright spots from this otherwise horrible night

Why is that a bright spot when he was supposed to be up by 10

queertea
Jun 4, 2013

Not Fade Away

Brannock posted:

Scott Walker leading with 61% of the vote with 21% reporting. This state is a loving joke. Walker actively cost this state money and jobs, and got the state loving sued for breach of contract, while being a goddamn OPENLY CRONY for the Koch brothers and spending all his time campaigning for the Presidency instead of actually doing his loving job.

I actually hope Walker is the Republican candidate in 2016, this shithole country and its voters deserves whatever it gets.
He'll probably win, but it's still way too early to freak out.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Job Truniht posted:

He gets like this around election time

yeah I haven't watched him since last one but I guess he does get pretty worked up

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

DangerKat posted:

Also his entire campaign message was about Franken voting 97% "with Obama" and offering up absolutely nothing as to what he'd do.

Same with Tillis running in NC. Every ad would mention that she's a rubber stamp for Obama 96% of the time. He's different. He'd be a rubber stamp AGAINST Obama 100% of the time.

See what good that attack did him.

Amphion
Jun 10, 2012

All we know is... he's called The Stig.
Daily Kos Elections ‏@DKElections 13s14 seconds ago
CNN calls #il12 for GOP. GIves them a pickup in swing seat

Roll Call Politics ‏@rollcallpols 5m5 minutes ago
Republican Rick Allen beats incumbent John Barrow in #GA12, a race we rated Leans Dem http://roll.cl/hmNcpr #alert

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Joementum posted:

My favorite Mary Fallin moment was at the 2012 RNC when she gave a speech saying that Oklahoma was built without any help from the federal government.

I hate her. I hate her so much.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

hhhat posted:

You're right, I'm putting on Nails.
Good choice.

The next two years are going to be really stupid.

I just hope that Keystone doesn't go through.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Winkie01 posted:

Per AP, Republican Gov. Rick Scott has been re-elected in Florida.
hahahahahahahahahah

gently caress me with an eggbeater. Two and a half hours till I get off work and that bottle I keep under my computer desk for special occasions...

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Pastrymancy posted:

Maybe we could have prevented this if NIH funding hadn't been slashed for the last 15 years, but no, definitely Obama's fault

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

NEED TOILET PAPER posted:

you mean you weren't drinking everclear from the beginning? for shame!

You would've stopped posting by now. Everclear is the literal devil.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

ReidRansom posted:

yeah I haven't watched him since last one but I guess he does get pretty worked up

Maybe this is the night Chris Matthews will finally say something that gets him fired

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

Mitt Romney posted:

How is a previously predicted +10 safe dem seat barely scrapping by a bright spot? If anything that shows how horrible this night is for dems.

i was arzying earlier about how he might have lost okay

hhhat
Apr 29, 2008

hhhat posted:

You're right, I'm putting on Nails.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qboe5CebixA

DriveC
Oct 27, 2008

Going to Gamestop at midnight for Halo: ODST. Didn't pre order. The guy on the phone told me I *might* get a copy. Whatever dude.
Breaking News: The AP has just called My Liver for Cirrhosis

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
I'm excited to see what the Republican Senate is able to get through with a slight majority after all of the bills the Democrats were able to get through with a slight majority.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Democrats don't run on populist economic issues because they first and foremost are a party for the wealthy aristocracy. Hope that helps!

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Hey, that thing that always happens in Virginia with Fairfax County, happened.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

OctoberBlues posted:

Time to watch a movie instead of this shitshow. Maybe something with Nicolas Cage.

gonna watch that one where a religious crazy person starts a slasher film on a space ship cuz he think god wants the sun to die.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Pastrymancy posted:

Yeah but ebola is caused by black people and the president is black.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Brannock posted:

Scott Walker leading with 61% of the vote with 21% reporting. This state is a loving joke. Walker actively cost this state money and jobs, and got the state loving sued for breach of contract, while being a goddamn OPENLY CRONY for the Koch brothers and spending all his time campaigning for the Presidency instead of actually doing his loving job.

I actually hope Walker is the Republican candidate in 2016, this shithole country and its voters deserves whatever it gets.

It would help if the Wisconsin Dems could find a candidate that doesn't repeatedly poo poo all over themselves.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

"at risk of being Baghdad Bob..."
- Chris Matthews

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?

fknlo posted:

I'm excited to see what the Republican Senate is able to get through with a slight majority after all of the bills the Democrats were able to get through with a slight majority.

Dems crumple like a paper bag, GOP bullshit ensues

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm so glad I can get out of my scholarship on medical grounds if new GOP controlled congress starts a war, all those poor bastard's about to commission.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Brannock posted:

I'm guessing the vast majority of Milwaukee has yet to report, seeing how Milwaukee Co. is showing up red right now.

He's probably gonna win though. :barf: I really need to find a job in Minnesota.

The Whole Internet
May 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Hagan down by 0.9% with 79% of precincts reporting. :ohdear:

Not over yet though. Charlotte proper, Greensboro, and Winston-Salem have hefty contributions to make to the precincts it seems.

Amphion
Jun 10, 2012

All we know is... he's called The Stig.
Scott Brown is only down less than 4,000 votes, I guess he wont be conceding for a while

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Joementum posted:

My favorite Mary Fallin moment was at the 2012 RNC when she gave a speech saying that Oklahoma was built without any help from the federal government.

:laffo: holy poo poo you can't loving make this poo poo up.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Seriously this country deserves what it gets at this point. There's really no excuse for people not going out and voting when the GOP put all their cards on the table. When we can't compete with other countries because our education has been shot to hell and we regress to 1930s labor standards we have ourselves to blame. I do feel bad since we are going to gently caress over the world's environment because it's inconvenient for people that are going to die before the poo poo really hits the fan.

For example Wisconsin has had three tries to not elect Walker. Enjoy your lovely economy idiots. If we're lucky this might be the start of the Democrats becoming irrelevant outside of the presidency and their leadership being ousted but that's probably wishful thinking.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
If there's one comfort in all this it's that the Republicans are getting in a big win in a year when they can't win the presidency, and Obama can veto everything they pass. And maybe just maybe Americans will see all the regressive poo poo they try and push through and will dislike at least some of it.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Amphion posted:

Scott Brown is only down less than 4,000 votes, I guess he wont be conceding for a while

He should go suck on the exhaust pipe of his shitbox pickup.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Brannock posted:

Tell us more about your racial fantasies, Zeitgueist.

Tell us more about how everyone needs guns, crazy moron.

Infidel Castro posted:

Scott Walker is from Colorado Springs too, so technically they're loving over two states.

It's not fair to treat Mordorites as capable of being non-evil.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

He should go suck on the exhaust pipe of his shitbox pickup.

On the contrary, he should be run over by it.

And then that pickup run over by a monster truck.

New Division
Jun 23, 2004

I beg to present to you as a Christmas gift, Mr. Lombardi, the city of Detroit.

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

Good choice.

The next two years are going to be really stupid.

I just hope that Keystone doesn't go through.

I can totally see Obama agreeing to Keystone in a burst of "bipartisanship"

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Joementum posted:

Hey, that thing that always happens in Virginia with Fairfax County, happened.
Moscow on the Potomac strikes again!

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

fknlo posted:

The answer is "plenty, while the Democrats cower in fear."

hhhat
Apr 29, 2008

The Whole Internet posted:

Hagan down by 0.9% with 79% of precincts reporting. :ohdear:

Not over yet though. Charlotte proper, Greensboro, and Winston-Salem have hefty contributions to make to the precincts it seems.

I only know rich people from Charlotte. Do the poors vote there?

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Has anyone seen any turnout numbers yet? I'm looking forward to being depressed about how we're being hosed by like 14% of eligible voters

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Alexzandvar posted:

I'm so glad I can get out of my scholarship on medical grounds if new GOP controlled congress starts a war, all those poor bastard's about to commission.

For a war they are still gonna need the CIC to be on board.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Zeitgueist posted:

is somebody complaining about how hard it is to be white this page? oh good
Well at least I don't have to worry about you beating me with a whip, you sick stupid gently caress.

• Locked thread