Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bizarro Watt
May 30, 2010

My responsibility is to follow the Scriptures which call upon us to occupy the land until Jesus returns.

Alexzandvar posted:

The only good thing to come out of tonight is Obama is going to be impeached and the most powerful man in the free world is going to be Joe Biden.

Impeachment doesn't mean what you think it means

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
So a bunch of donors bankrolled Republicans to deny climate change are going to take over and turn your country even further into lunacy to help Sheldon and the Kochs

did I miss anything

Kiwi Ghost Chips
Feb 19, 2011

Start using the best desktop environment now!
Choose KDE!

TinFoilJoy posted:

Wouldn't they need to grow a spine for that?

Good thing they have one!

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Looks like that nonprofit youth tax break passed, I look forward to seeing massive tax breaks for businesses in the state for no reason

we don't even have any loving youth organizations

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Alexzandvar posted:

The only good thing to come out of tonight is Obama is going to be impeached and the most powerful man in the free world is going to be Joe Biden.

As well as they performed, the Republicans still did not manage to get 67 seats in the Senate, I'm afraid...

RedQueen
Apr 21, 2007

It takes all the running you can do just to stay in the same place.

Alexzandvar posted:

InvincibleMadHouse
Jan 19, 2009

by Ralp
really hope Gillespie does the honorable thing and just concedes instead of forcing Warner's ragged little staff to canvas a recall.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Winkie01 posted:

Are there and dems with billions to piss away like Koch/ Aldeson sorry but this high road poo poo doesn't work you need to get in the ring and beat these fucks at there own game.

GEORGE SOROS :freep:

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Is there a single competent person left in the DNC since 2006? They really pissed away the OFA ground game.

Kiwi Ghost Chips
Feb 19, 2011

Choose KDE!

Winkie01 posted:

Are there and dems with billions to piss away like Koch/ Aldeson sorry but this high road poo poo doesn't work you need to get in the ring and beat these fucks at there own game.

Liberal superpacs have spent more this cycle than conservative ones.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

Joementum posted:

If you want to know why Democrats don't run robustly on single payer healthcare, look at the VT Gubernatorial returns tonight.

In fairness to VT very little there is applicable on the national stage but still, holy poo poo at the numbers.

Amused to Death
Aug 10, 2009

google "The Night Witches", and prepare for :stare:
Alright CT followers, New Haven and Hartford is already part of the election results, but Bridgeport is not, along with Hamden(70,000 or so people, heavily Democratic), so good god Bridgeport, come through like you did in 2010

Joementum posted:

If you want to know why Democrats don't run robustly on single payer healthcare, look at the VT Gubernatorial returns tonight.

WTF is going on in this race?(I don't know anything about VT politics aside from them being blue enough to elect Bernie Sanders)

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
I'm curious to see how huge a load FOX blows when they announce the Senate takeover is complete. I hope it compares to Megyn Kelly's "The Walk".

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

ComradeCosmobot posted:

As well as they performed, the Republicans still did not manage to get 66 seats in the Senate, I'm afraid...

They'll get 15 dems who want to appeal to middle for their next elections

Kill me now

Cheesemaster200
Feb 11, 2004

Guard of the Citadel

TinFoilJoy posted:

Wouldn't they need to grow a spine for that?

And a change in the Senate rules.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Shageletic posted:

Corey Booker looks so psyched at the spector of a Republican Senate.

Pro: It's two years.

Con: Congressional shitshow. Appropriations (Infrastructure, Science, Welfare) cut or severely cut. Hearings. Keystone pipeline going through. Drilling en masse. Obamacare reductions in return for functioning government. Government shutdowns. Potential default.

Pro: We'll all probably still be alive in two years.

I've come around to Keystone because the unstoppable force of capitalism means the wells will be drilled no matter what so it makes no difference wrt global warming at all. This has been borne out by the last year or two.

The only difference is that the oil will be easy to put on a boat increasing their fungibility so US gas prices will rise which im ambivalent about.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

The Glumslinger posted:

They'll get 15 dems who want to appeal to middle for their next elections

Kill me now

They'd need 16, and there's no way Reid and Durbin would let that happen.

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004

Kiwi Ghost Chips posted:

Liberal superpacs have spent more this cycle than conservative ones.

Are you god drat making GBS threads me?

Amphion
Jun 10, 2012

All we know is... he's called The Stig.
Even loving LePage is up by 4

size1one
Jun 24, 2008

I don't want a nation just for me, I want a nation for everyone

Cheesemaster200 posted:

Well at least the Democrats can just filibuster legislation they don't like in the Senate, right?

They don't have the spine to filibuster the way Republicans do.

Mexican Radio
Jan 5, 2007

mombo with your jombo?
Marijuana legalization in Oregon up 56/43 with 50% reporting.

not helping still drink

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Cheesemaster200 posted:

And a change in the Senate rules.

Fortunately, Reid paved the way for that last January.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
If I was Shumlin I would be finding the biggest box of maple candies in the world and sending it to Feliciano.

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)
Marijuana legalization is running at 61% for, 39% against in Oregon. In Multnomah County, it is running at 69%. This means it will probably be around 50% in the Portland suburbs, and also around 60% in Eugene and Corvallis. So it looks unlikely that the more conservative parts of the state will be able to come up with enough votes to defeat it.

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
Rauner up by 5% hahahaha

Kiwi Ghost Chips
Feb 19, 2011

Choose KDE!

Winkie01 posted:

http://www.opensecrets.org/outsidespending/summ.php?chrt=V&type=S

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Not just Braley, but all of the local people too, gently caress this stupid state.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

PRIEBUS ON THE DAILY SHOW NOW

DriveC
Oct 27, 2008

Going to Gamestop at midnight for Halo: ODST. Didn't pre order. The guy on the phone told me I *might* get a copy. Whatever dude.

Winkie01 posted:

Maybe someone will come with some study or something to contradict me but I have to imagine that political advertising has one of the worst conversion rates of literally any form of marketing for any product ever. Might as well shovel the money into a giant hole.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Amused to Death posted:

WTF is going on in this race?(I don't know anything about VT politics aside from them being blue enough to elect Bernie Sanders)

I'll have to look again when the final numbers are in tomorrow, but it's a combination of low turnout and resistance to changing healthcare.

Suffice to say: if Vermont can't get a popular referendum on this issue, few states stand a chance. I promise you that Scott Milne is not an exciting candidate.

Amused to Death
Aug 10, 2009

google "The Night Witches", and prepare for :stare:
How the gently caress did Scott Brown do so well in New Hampshire. New England, get your poo poo together. We're supposed to be the non poo poo part of the country

Stutes
Oct 13, 2005

Tonight's the Night

OctoberBlues posted:

Not just Braley, but all of the local people too, gently caress this stupid state.

There should be some Hawkeye vodka there.

Cheesemaster200
Feb 11, 2004

Guard of the Citadel

ComradeCosmobot posted:

Fortunately, Reid paved the way for that last January.

Just change them back before January? That will go over well.

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Positive news out of Washington State - background checks for all gun sales have passed, and the opposing measure banning mandatory background checks failed. Yes, gun nuts thought their best chance to defeat a background check bill was to get an opposite bill on the same ballot.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Farecoal posted:

Rauner up by 5% hahahaha

He's winning 46 percent of Cook County.

(eta: And that's the only county in the state he's losing.)

New Division
Jun 23, 2004

I beg to present to you as a Christmas gift, Mr. Lombardi, the city of Detroit.

Mexican Radio posted:

Marijuana legalization in Oregon up 56/43 with 50% reporting.

not helping still drink

Come to The Pacific Northwest : We've Got Weed

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Winkie01 posted:

DUFFY: "You're right, this is exactly what the Republicans do, and it's about time we learned from them. They're meaner, tougher and more disciplined than we are. I've been in this business for twenty five years and I've seen way too many Democrats bite the dust because they wouldn't get down in the mud with the loving elephants."

RIP Philip Seymour Hoffman

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Jon

Jon

Make Reince say his name backwards

please

Chernobyl Prize
Sep 22, 2006

Here's the stream from the measure 91 campaign if you want to watch Oregonians celebrate getting legal weed:

http://www.oregonlive.com/marijuana/index.ssf/2014/11/legal_marijuana_in_oregon_live.html#incart_maj-story-1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Division
Jun 23, 2004

I beg to present to you as a Christmas gift, Mr. Lombardi, the city of Detroit.
Hagan's officially toast. AP called it for Tillis

• Locked thread