Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Ninjasaurus posted:

On the plus side, my Democratic Congresswoman Krysten Sinema is on track to win re-election. :unsmith:

She is the only bisexual, atheist member of Congress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

The only good things about tonight are learning anderson cooper likes dudes and knowing that after half a bottle of bourbon spread over a number of hours im probably not gonna rmember most of it.

Woman just said she's gonna make washington squeal. gently caress me, did we elect someone from deliverance to washington?

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)
If anyone wonders about Oregon getting more conservative, it is because the smaller counties are getting counted but Multnomah County (the largest and most liberal) is still below 50% of returns.

Cheesemaster200
Feb 11, 2004

Guard of the Citadel

Joementum posted:

He's almost certainly not. There are four counties yet to report. Three of those are Democratic, one is in the panhandle.

Practically the entire state is Democratic, yet here we are.

Johnny Cache Hit
Oct 17, 2011

Ninjasaurus posted:

On the plus side, my Democratic Congresswoman Krysten Sinema is on track to win re-election. :unsmith:

sinema owns glad to hear this

queertea
Jun 4, 2013

Not Fade Away
I think, when I said "Burn Waukesha County to the ground" earlier, some of you may have thought I was joking.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Joementum posted:

That we know of...

New Division
Jun 23, 2004

I beg to present to you as a Christmas gift, Mr. Lombardi, the city of Detroit.
Wow, I knew the governor's races were going bad for the Dems, but they got loving wiped out. Christie must be enjoying himself tonight.

Pegged Lamb
Nov 5, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
Hold on Warner

Bhaal
Jul 13, 2001
I ain't going down alone
Dr. Infant, MD

Bhaal posted:

I have a plane to catch that leaves at 6:30AM followed immediately by a long day full of office meetings, I can't decide if the pain of getting through tomorrow while hungover is greater than the pain of following this now while sober...
I made my choice.

I bought this on election day 2012, the first belts are gonna taste a whole lot better than the last...

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

"The greatest nation in the history of mankind."

Much more concise than Sean Hannity.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Do we seriously have to deal with six years of Joni loving Ernst? I'm watching her victory speech and I feel like I already want to knife her in the face through the screen.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Cheesemaster200 posted:

Practically the entire state is Democratic, yet here we are.

Yes, it's much, much closer than it should be, but I'd still be surprised if Brown lost MD Gov.

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS
This woman has a good laugh program.

Skeevy Mcgee
Feb 17, 2007

Joni Ernst has a very creepy laugh.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.

InequalityGodzilla posted:

The only good things about tonight are learning anderson cooper likes dudes and knowing that after half a bottle of bourbon spread over a number of hours im probably not gonna rmember most of it.

Lightweight. You're going to have to get better at this if you're going to make it long term.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Caros posted:

Do we seriously have to deal with six years of Joni loving Ernst? I'm watching her victory speech and I feel like I already want to knife her in the face through the screen.

Look, Iowa just wants someone to castrate that pork up in Congress. Who are you to judge?

a rowdy mullet
Feb 12, 2009
This is the first time I've listened to Joni Ernst speak, she's creepy as all gently caress. A worthy replacement for Michelle Bachmann :stare:

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Mr. Wiggles posted:

Lightweight. You're going to have to get better at this if you're going to make it long term.
I'm young. I have time to improve amd become more bitter.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Joni Ernst laughs at her lines more than Jimmy Fallon.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

Joementum posted:

I had a good Pete Stark "experimenting" joke lined up, but found out he retired.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

New Division posted:

Wow, I knew the governor's races were going bad for the Dems, but they got loving wiped out. Christie must be enjoying himself tonight.

at least known pedophile cover-up Corbett got knocked on his rear end.

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

STOP LAUGHING YOU CREEPY WOMAN!

Hedera Helix
Sep 2, 2011

The laws of the fiesta mean nothing!

Yes. Yes you will.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

skaboomizzy posted:

I had a good Pete Stark "experimenting" joke lined up, but found out he retired.

He lost to a younger Democrat two years ago.

Big K of Justice
Nov 27, 2005

Anyone seen my ball joints?

ComradeCosmobot posted:

Marin "we're fighting to remove the requirement on building higher density housing" County?

Yeah, no loving way Marin is the most liberal county in the country.

Anything that adds more housing, lower cost housing or increased services gets shot down with a vengeance. It's basically a bunch of NIMBY rich folks..

Best label for Marin from my neighbor in Novato... "the center of Caucasian diversity"

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Ted Cruz refuses to say that he'll vote for Mitch to be Majority Leader. Oh my is this going to be a fun couple years.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

I guess listening to Joni Ernst talk (and laugh) makes me feel almost grateful I'm stuck with Rauner instead.

:smith:

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004
Ilan Ben-Meir @ilanagain
Ted Cruz on CNN just refused to commit to backing McConnell for Majority Leader...

Shin on you crazy diamond :getin:

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.

Not if ISIS comes! They're not going away!

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
I want to see the Republicans get the amount of times they voted to repeal Obamacare over 200.

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer

Joementum posted:

Ted Cruz refuses to say that he'll vote for Mitch to be Majority Leader. Oh my is this going to be a fun couple years.

Like all my other hopes, it'll be dashed by reality, but this is the single best thing that could realistically happen tonight.

Ninjasaurus
Feb 11, 2014

This is indeed a disturbing universe.

Joementum posted:

She had John Boehner swear her in using a copy of the US Constitution instead of the Bible. :getin:

At least I got to vote for one person I really like who will almost certainly win.

Sinnlos
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about believing in magical rainbow gold

SinetheGuy posted:

Man, I honestly thought I was safe from Republican governors in Illinois. Anyone have an over/under on how hosed Rauner is going to make us? It seems like most of these midwest Republican governors kinda snuck in pretending to have no agenda and then... poo poo.

But I have no idea how the State Assembly is turning out. Christ, am I relying on Madigan?

Think the Chicago parking meters writ large, but with schools and state pensions. Madigan is shrewd, slimy, but shrewd, and he is the only chance we have now of this state not becoming an utter poo poo hole.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Winkie01 posted:

Ilan Ben-Meir @ilanagain
Ted Cruz on CNN just refused to commit to backing McConnell for Majority Leader...

Shin on you crazy diamond :getin:

This has been a disheartening night but I'm glad Ted Cruz is still the kamikaze warrior of the GOP.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Ninjasaurus posted:

At least I got to vote for one person I really like who will almost certainly win.

what's it like

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Joni herst is pig castrating lady, right?

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
America sucks.

Let's list some countries we would rather live in America than:

1. Iraq
2. Afghanistan
3. Syria
4. Yemen

Go on...

Cheesemaster200
Feb 11, 2004

Guard of the Citadel

Joementum posted:

Yes, it's much, much closer than it should be, but I'd still be surprised if Brown lost MD Gov.

The turnout is horrendous and Brown hasn't decimated montgomery, BaltCo and the city in the usual fashion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
Lol, did we really just inflict Glenn Grothman on the US House of Representatives? Amazing. At least he won't be wandering around Madison yelling at me to get a job at protests anymore. Even though I have a larger net worth than he does. Idiot fucker.

• Locked thread