Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

Josh Lyman posted:

Come on Maddow, tonight is not the time to make a joke about Scott Brown being the only candidate to lose two Senate races to women.

gallows humor dude we need it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

The Glumslinger posted:

Bring back populism :(

Be careful what you wish for. You do know that populists are the sort of people who want us to deport all illegal immigrants, right?

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

Josh Lyman posted:

How did Brownback get reelected? I thought everyone agreed his experiment in "Republican government" had failed.

That's what I thought, too. His democratic challenger wasn't particularly charismatic, but I didn't think it was to the point where a governor as horrible as Brownback would win again. I just can't believe this happened.

Amused to Death
Aug 10, 2009

google "The Night Witches", and prepare for :stare:
Foley is ahead by 12,000 votes :sigh:

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

The Glumslinger posted:

He is also a super-progressive lion compared to the modern democratic party. Bring back populism :(

the rich would not like populism

no one in any position of power will do anything that would benefit you or me because the rich would not like it, and the rich will never stop not liking it

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Evil Fluffy posted:

I turned on the news and there's no reports of mass slayings of right-wing politicians. Why do you continue to let me down America? :smith:

Are yountalking about them losing races or dying? Cause i have some ideas for the later.

Leroy Diplowski
Aug 25, 2005

The Candyman Can :science:

Visit My Candy Shop

And SA Mart Thread
It's Evan Williams for me, and 4 more years of Scott. At least we got rid of Southerland. Oh well. It's still Florida. gently caress.

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004

Alexzandvar posted:

Compared to modern US politicians he might as well have been Premier, also his wife was extremely progressive on womens rights and racial issues.

Yeah after watching The Roosevelts by ken burns god drat she owned.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

ComradeCosmobot posted:

Be careful what you wish for. You do know that populists are the sort of people who want us to deport all illegal immigrants, right?

Bring back the good aspects of populism :(

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Udall wins!!!

In New Mexico

fishhooked
Nov 14, 2006
[img]https://forumimages.somethingawful.com/images/newbie.gif[/img]

Nap Ghost

Goetta posted:

Brownback getting re-elected is loving hilarious

Pretty much. Good job Kansas, keep pushing your bond rating down. Never thought I'd say it but I'm glad I live in Missouri

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

...How is Michaud doing right now? I've heard he's currently 3 percent behind. :eep:

A Man With A Plan
Mar 29, 2010
Fallen Rib

Goetta posted:

The most hilarious thing is how his campaign committed a few ethics violations to pretend they were endorsed by the state's university presidents. Despite the whole cutting educational funding so much it was deemed unconstitutional.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Evil Fluffy posted:

I turned on the news and there's no reports of mass slayings of right-wing politicians. Why do you continue to let me down America? :smith:

save that for 2016. pitchforks take a long time to sharpen

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Winkie01 posted:

I came in thinking that GOP would have the Senate but loving Florida jesus christ I don't think I will even be able to get a erection to masturbate to tonight.

Don't worry fellow Florida goon, I'm sure global warming will create a hurricane to put us all out of our misery soon enough.

Pegged Lamb
Nov 5, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
Runoff looking good for Landrieu. 52 is pretty razor thin, and if they spend all their time trying to repeal Obamacare and committing troops hither and thither I think I can ride it out

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

MrSmokes posted:

I feel sick. Governor Shitback in Kansas is leading by about 14k, with mostly rural counties left to report.

He's going to destroy my state even more :smith:

I would start drinking if I didn't already feel sick to my stomach. I might throw up even without that.

And he wins.

You guys get what you deserve. Hopefully Missouri doesn't go balls to the wall to out crazy you.

Zeno-25
Dec 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Oxxidation posted:

the rich would not like populism

no one in any position of power will do anything that would benefit you or me because the rich would not like it, and the rich will never stop not liking it

bring back populism, "eat" the rich

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

zakharov posted:

Were there ANY good results tonight? jesus christ

It's worse than I expected. Evan Williams did not help me.

The Senate really is going full retard. There is no meaningful distinction in the character of who gets elected to the former "upper house." They might as well put Ted Cruz as majority leader because he represents "the states" a lot more fully than Turtleman McConnell ever will. Looks like shutting the government down for 8 years because only you are the legitimate governors of the country was a winning strategy after all.

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe
I dunno how Glenmorangie stacks up against all the other fine scotches on display here tonight, but it's gone now.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Winkie01 posted:

I came in thinking that GOP would have the Senate but loving Florida jesus christ I don't think I will even be able to get a erection to masturbate to tonight.

Just work out till you pass out. Between Sunday and tonight I'm getting some pretty sweet guns.

It's a little bit better option than embracing that sweet gun... :suicide:

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

:siren: SAVE_US.CHR :siren:
The Vermont legislature will pick the Gov. So...who gets it?

Axolotl
Jan 23, 2002
Whatever
Still relevant

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Goetta posted:

Rick Scott getting re-elected is hilariouser

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer

Pegged Lamb posted:

Runoff looking good for Landrieu. 52 is pretty razor thin, and if they spend all their time trying to repeal Obamacare and committing troops hither and thither I think I can ride it out

What? If anything, the fact that she can barely take first place with two republicans splitting the vote is a bad sign.

Tacos Al Pastor
Jun 20, 2003

Watching my right wing, church going, red blooded male relatives/in laws root for openly gay Carl DeMaio in District 52, has shown me the incredibly deep levels of cognitive dissonance the right is willing to go to say their side won.

Ugh.

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
how in the everliving gently caress did RICK SCOTT get reelected

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004

Alexzandvar posted:

Don't worry fellow Florida goon, I'm sure global warming will create a hurricane to put us all out of our misery soon enough.

I was born in Florida, I actually live in Georgia now. I spend half my time hoping that nuke under the ocean off of Savannah explodes and takes the south with it. I will sacrifice my self for the better of the country.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
MD over, Hogan won it. Brown hosed that up bad.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.
CBS News just projected LePage to win Maine.

Tacos Al Pastor
Jun 20, 2003

Godinster posted:

how in the everliving gently caress did RICK SCOTT get reelected

Floridians hate fans and anyone that uses them.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Did anyone post the Bugs Bunny Florida gif yet

New Division
Jun 23, 2004

I beg to present to you as a Christmas gift, Mr. Lombardi, the city of Detroit.

Plinkey posted:

Jesus loving christ what a fuckup

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Mia Love down by 7% in Utah.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

gently caress Republicans. Republicans are bad.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Crazy Ted posted:

Rick Scott getting re-elected is hilariouser

Brownback has literally run the state into the ground and plans to double down.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

qtiyd

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Zeno-25 posted:

bring back populism, "eat" the rich

Did you know that eating the rich might be carcinogenic? Here are a few studies the Heritage Foundation has put out that cast doubt on the efficacy of your "plutocrat cannibalism" platform.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Plinkey posted:

According to?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

• Locked thread