Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

Right, I don't mean that it's a terrible show that I'm watching for schadenfreude or whatever, I mean it's one that you could reasonably assume from the premise would be terrible but is actually good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

KaneTW posted:

you must be real dumb to not get that twintails is a good show after all these posts

I liked it so much I made the thread! But KoreZon was absolute trash that made me hate myself for watching as many episodes as I difmd (on the plus side I got more confident on being firm with my partner on what type of showd I absolutely would not watch with him.)

And while Nyaruko had some funny bits the harem bologna was too much for me. Also, the character in Twintails most like the titular character from that show is the absolute worst part of Twintails.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

You can unironically enjoy something and still feel it's a bad work~

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Irony is a flimsy excuse people use as a shield to hide behind anyway when they know they have bad taste.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Potsticker posted:

I liked it so much I made the thread! But KoreZon was absolute trash that made me hate myself for watching as many episodes as I difmd (on the plus side I got more confident on being firm with my partner on what type of showd I absolutely would not watch with him.)

And while Nyaruko had some funny bits the harem bologna was too much for me. Also, the character in Twintails most like the titular character from that show is the absolute worst part of Twintails.

What is KoreZon like? It looks a little bit, uh, pedo-y for my taste

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

icantfindaname posted:

What is KoreZon like? It looks a little bit, uh, pedo-y for my taste

Don't watch it. It's the story of a generic male character who becomes the servant of a 1,000 year old mute necromancer who steals the powers from a magical girl who proceeds to walk around in only a shirt, also he defeats a titty ninja who poo poo talks him all the time and a second ninja shows up who falls in love with him and its all contrived pandering bullshit.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
I thought Korean Zombie Desk Car was the accepted go-to name for mocking purposes, but apparently not.

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

Potsticker posted:

Don't watch it. It's the story of a generic male character who becomes the servant of a 1,000 year old mute necromancer who steals the powers from a magical girl who proceeds to walk around in only a shirt, also he defeats a titty ninja who poo poo talks him all the time and a second ninja shows up who falls in love with him and its all contrived pandering bullshit.
And the protagonist is also a zombie, and the magical girl fights with a talking chainsaw, and the ninjas are also vampires. And the mood of the show also switches frequently between gags and "serious" and does so really poorly. And it frequently shows a Dyson air multiplier for whatever reason.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Armor-Piercing posted:

And the protagonist is also a zombie, and the magical girl fights with a talking chainsaw, and the ninjas are also vampires. And the mood of the show also switches frequently between gags and "serious" and does so really poorly. And it frequently shows a Dyson air multiplier for whatever reason.

Fanservice.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

The magical girl doesn't get to fight with the chainsaw, though. The main character does because he stole her power because god forbid a girl gets to be the hero in a show without it being aimed at guys with gratuitous rear end or tit shots, or massive lesbian overtones,

Or both.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Potsticker posted:

The magical girl doesn't get to fight with the chainsaw, though. The main character does because he stole her power because god forbid a girl gets to be the hero in a show without it being aimed at guys with gratuitous rear end or tit shots, or massive lesbian overtones,

Or both.
The gratuitous rear end shots were mostly of the main character, though.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Paracelsus posted:

The gratuitous rear end shots were mostly of the main character, though.

Those only stuck out for you because of the outfit he was wearing and somehow must have made you blind to the gratuitous shots of all the female characters.

Oh, and the monsters the magical girl had to fight were all creepy rapist/molesters. Ugh, I really wish I could forget ever seeing any part of this sack of poo poo.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Twintails is what happens when the director of My Little Sister Can't Be This Cute and the writer of Listen To Me Girls, I Am Your Father! team up to adapt a light novel about being obsessed with a little girls' hairstyle.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Armor-Piercing posted:

Twintails is exactly the kind of amazing sum of terrible parts that I've been missing since Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? ended.

gently caress you, you loving rear end in a top hat. KoreZon is the biggest pile of poo poo you massive misogynistic pedophile.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Potsticker posted:

gently caress you, you loving rear end in a top hat. KoreZon is the biggest pile of poo poo you massive misogynistic pedophile.

Goddamn that's harsh.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

poo poo's getting real in the fall 2014 anime thread

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

"You probably don't think I'm a nice guy . . . do ya?"
"Buddy, I think your taste in anime runs towards the misogynistic and trashy."

Babysitter Super Sleuth fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Nov 5, 2014

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

you've been found guilty of Bad Taste by the anime police. your execution will be tomorrow at dawn

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

Potsticker posted:

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Maybe Potsticker has a point.

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL

The Devil Tesla posted:

Maybe Potsticker has a point.

umm excuse me, this scene is exploitative of women with eating disorders as it glorifies the act of vomiting.
:goonsay:

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Those vomit-fetishests just have to shoehorn vomiting in everything they make.

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009
Potsticker what's your opinion on the hilariously contrived harem antics in ADTRW's anime of the year 2013 The Devil is a Part Timer.

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

Mercrom posted:

Potsticker what's your opinion on the hilariously contrived harem antics in ADTRW's anime of the year 2013 The Devil is a Part Timer.

That one girl's tits were really big, 10/10.

So, I caught up on Parasyte and it's really cool. People should def watch that.

bubblegumbo0
Apr 24, 2008

我的機動戰士是個ヤンデレ!
Guys we found the person who can do a completely objective blog review for Cross Ange.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

bubblegumbo0 posted:

Guys we found the person who can do a completely objective blog review for Cross Ange.

Potsticker or the guy who liked the loli fanservice trainwreck?

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

Potsticker posted:

Irony is a flimsy excuse people use as a shield to hide behind anyway when they know they have bad taste.

He said you can unironically enjoy something even if it's bad. having bad taste isn't a crime.

Butt Frosted Cake
Dec 27, 2010

a gourmand is gonna eat all the anime and there will be none left for us

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
le petit gourmand

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Mercrom posted:

that show sucks and so does ADTRW

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Part Timer overstayed its welcome.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
A joyless pedant who is completely convinced that their personal preferences are objectively correct would be the best person to review cross ange, yes. Any remotely tolerable person has too much to live for.

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

Butt Frosted Cake posted:

a gourmand is gonna eat all the anime and there will be none left for us

:colbert:

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011
so I got someone relatively unfamiliar with anime really high back on Saturday night and showed them the episode of Hellsing Ultimate with Zorin fighting Seras and all the merc death

the results were entertaining

Wallrod
Sep 27, 2004
Stupid Baby Picture

gently caress you, you loving rear end in a top hat. Bread is the biggest pile of carbohydrates you massive hypoglycemic pedophile.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Mercrom posted:

I didn't watch it. I try not to watch anything with harem antics. I got mad when Sidonia was a bait and switch with people talking about the sci-fi elements and then it turned out to be harem bullshit the whole way.

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011
Sidonia is harem bullshit but it's not, like, badly done harem bullshit, and it doesn't get in the way of the other draws like the loving insane art direction and the action in my opinion but what do I know

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
What was 'harem' about Hataraku? The anime ends with Chiho having a onesided crush on Maou and Emi barely accepting him as a friend. The LNs themselves are 100% Emi/Maou.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
I think it might be worth it to consider what makes the distinction between a harem and something that simply features a protagonist that multiple female characters are romantically interested in.

Does Ranma have a harem? What about any of the male Macross leads? Archie Andrews? Batman?

I thought the hi-skool romance stuff in Sidonia was annoying and stupid (mostly because Tanikaze himself is kind of annoying and stupid) but it wasn't egregious to the point that I'd want to throw it in the bin

• Locked thread