Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
black goku
Jan 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 651 days!

Tai posted:

Do you know the file names? I'll remove the pollution one before I upload the new stuff.

please upload to mega.co or another site thank you very much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nition
Feb 25, 2006

You really want to know?
You mean mega.co.nz. Mega.co isn't a file host.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Tai posted:

So...what are they :D
in the Job Doubler folder, there are the following files:

dirty-doubler_includingPollution.dat
dirty-doubler.dat
farm-doubler_includingPollution.dat
farm-doubler.dat
hitech-doubler_includingPollution.dat
hitech-doubler.dat
manufacturing-doubler_includingPollution.dat
manufacturing-doubler.dat

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Ok thanks.

I'll upload during the night so it shall be ready tomorrow.

black goku
Jan 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 651 days!

Tai posted:

Ok thanks.

I'll upload during the night so it shall be ready tomorrow.

please upload to mega.co.nz or another site thank you very much

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Yes, you've mentioned it plenty of times...

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Ok this will probably be the last update I do for a while. I'm fairly happy with what I have but if there's anything else I add, I'll give a direct link to the download rather then upload my entire plugin folder again unless something tuns out to be majorly broken.

https://mega.co.nz/#!u1cknZDY!JVND8NDo20iNQ9ZebIpzf6vU1LSCTDB5GBogT0H5rxI

This download doesn't include terrain mods required for some maps such as Fhuzo.

This mod pack is designed for Software mode so you may find some mod's don't work in Hardware but it may well be fine.

I've left a few hosed mods in such as the monorail and ninja related transit stuff. Reason being is that I think this is more to do with the mods being incompatible with being run in Software mode as this is what I run it in and the mods that specify HD or SD have being downloaded in the SD.

I would highly advise anyone that has downloaded my previous packs to download this pack. Its been swept clean of duplicates (250 odd files lol), tidied up into correct folders, OF v3 has been combined where needed into mine. Cleanitrol has been run through removing most of the dependency files that have been combined into larger dat files. Also some more cool poo poo has been added.

There are a few menu buttons which need to be placed (1x1) to open up some mods. Rural train stations, road top transit and soundwalls. Might be another or so. Place it, let it run for a month and then they will appear. The cash park is also in too. Place, run for a month and get 4 Billion. It's the 1x1 palm tree plaza looking thing. Destroy this once you get your first whack of money. If you leave it running, it WILL crash sim city once it hits 1 trillion.

If someone fancies being nice and dat packing it all and hosting it else where in case this link ever goes AWOL, that would be great as the OF packs have vanished periodically.

Happy tiling!

Tai fucked around with this message at 11:02 on Jan 6, 2015

black goku
Jan 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 651 days!

Tai posted:

Ok this will probably be the last update I do for a while. I'm fairly happy with what I have but if there's anything else I add, I'll give a direct link to the download rather then upload my entire plugin folder again unless something tuns out to be majorly broken.

https://mega.co.nz/#!5ck33KzS!Wq04elB3H7-hyq1O1rdJhzd5Dg2D7eyB-UkIO-909Sg.

This download doesn't include terrain mods required for some maps such as Fhuzo.

This mod pack is designed for Software mode so you may find some mod's don't work in Hardware but it may well be fine.

I've left a few hosed mods in such as the monorail and ninja related transit stuff. Reason being is that I think this is more to do with the mods being incompatible with being run in Software mode as this is what I run it in and the mods that specify HD or SD have being downloaded in the SD.

I would highly advise anyone that has downloaded my previous packs to download this pack. Its been swept clean of duplicates (250 odd files lol), tidied up into correct folders, OF v3 has been combined where needed into mine. Cleanitrol has been run through removing most of the dependency files that have been combined into larger dat files. Also some more cool poo poo has been added.

There are a few menu you buttons which need to be placed (1x1) to open up some mods. Rural train stations, road top transit and soundwalls. Might be another or so. Place it, let it run for a month and then they will appear. The cash park is also in too. Place, run for a month and get 4 Billion. It's the 1x1 palm tree plaza looking thing.

If someone fancies being nice and dat packing it all and hosting it else where in case this link ever goes AWOL, that would be great as the OF packs have vanished periodically.

Happy tiling!

cool now i have 12gb mods

black goku
Jan 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 651 days!

Tai posted:

https://mega.co.nz/#!5ck33KzS!Wq04elB3H7-hyq1O1rdJhzd5Dg2D7eyB-UkIO-909Sg.

There are a few menu you buttons which need to be placed (1x1) to open up some mods. Rural train stations, road top transit and soundwalls. Might be another or so. Place it, let it run for a month and then they will appear. The cash park is also in too. Place, run for a month and get 4 Billion. It's the 1x1 palm tree plaza looking thing. Destroy this once you get your first whack of money. If you leave it running, it WILL crash sim city once it hits 1 trillion.

Happy tiling!

what is the mod called that changes sidewalk by building wealth? i want to remove it

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Check out my enormous testicles in my TFLC log!

You used Mega, you innovator you!
Thank you for doing all this work and while we know that you claim this to be the final version, the sperg is strong and you are going to sneak in a 1.1 in a few weeks :-)

For me, I am so loving busy with life that there is no chance for me to do any tiling and I try to live through threads like these. Anyone got pretty screenshots?

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

black goku posted:

what is the mod called that changes sidewalk by building wealth? i want to remove it

Remove the "JPN sidewalk Addon" folder. Why would you want to? It looks awesome...

Brotato Broth
Feb 21, 2012
An exercise in futility replicating real-life grids.

Unsatisfactory attempt at townhouses.

I just need to find a decent :911:-looking mall ploppable that isn't completely mired in dependency hell.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Do you have my mod pack? There's a range of malls in there in various sizes.

PoizenJam
Dec 2, 2006

Damn!!!
It's PoizenJam!!!
Is there any mod or button that lets you rotate zones freely the same way you can with buildings? It's kind of a pain in the rear end sometimes when I have to delete a highway, avenue, or road because a zone is snapping to it instead of a street, even when I press alt. this is rather problematic when zoning downtown cores and crowded areas in particular.

Pan Transforming
Jun 18, 2010

simulated load
Hey, folks!
I want to start a new region, but all of the default ones are way too steep and awkward and I'll never get seawalls to look right. I'd really like to use Fhuzo, but I'm already using it and I have like two years of work on a copy of it already and though it's crusty, I like it and want to save it. There are some regrettable design decisions in my cities (what do you mean they're on strike already? how am I going to educate/treat/police the plebians?) but it's neat to look at the central valley/delta entirely paved over and spiny with skyscrapers, like a big concrete and glass scab. It's Sim Los Angeles.
Definitely going to use more green space next time, though. I had a tendency to make central parks and commercial squares based around roundabouts, which caused too much congestion, or fused grids in more suburban areas, which made it harder to place things to my satisfaction.

If I were to just load another copy of Fhuzo, I would only need to edit "Name = Fhuzo" in the region.ini and it wouldn't cause any conflicts or anything, right? I haven't even tried yet.

Poizen Jam posted:

Is there any mod or button that lets you rotate zones freely the same way you can with buildings? It's kind of a pain in the rear end sometimes when I have to delete a highway, avenue, or road because a zone is snapping to it instead of a street, even when I press alt. this is rather problematic when zoning downtown cores and crowded areas in particular.

You can hold down Shift or Ctrl to further change your zoning, in addition to Alt, but I couldn't tell you exactly how they interact because I basically mash buttons with them: Shift is by default the "hold this down to not automatically build streets!" button but if you use it with another it changes what the zone snaps to.
EDIT: You know how, if you let it automatically build streets, it always snaps to those streets? I think if you zone over any lowercase-s street it treats it like one of those streets, but if you hold Shift it goes "oh, not that, OK." But I couldn't tell you how it decides what to snap to.

Pan Transforming fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Oct 21, 2014

Brotato Broth
Feb 21, 2012

Tai posted:

Do you have my mod pack? There's a range of malls in there in various sizes.

Nope, but I'll keep that in my mind for my next region.

Or I could start anew, since I've only finished one city in this region. :v:

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
A few malls of various size. Few small shop ploppables to mix and match also. I think all of these are in my mod pack minus one or two (which I'm grabbing cos I like them).

http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/12560-suburban-mall/
http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/10886-peg-subterranean-mall-v205/
http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/16004-the-metropolitan-mall/
http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/2343-north-point-plaza/
http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/19711-riverrock-shopping-centre/
http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/3361-strip-mall-shopping-center-1/
http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/11185-rls-strip-mall-shopping-center/
http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/15267-rural-stores/
http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/21195-kingsway-shops-pack-2/

Brotato Broth
Feb 21, 2012

Thanks, I extracted the easiest ones for now. I'll sort out the ones with dependencies later (gotta figure out which ones I do and don't have).

Meanwhile, a leeeetle bit of expansion.

Old and busted.

New hotness.

I always tend to add the highway/rail system too late into the development. It never ends well for the avenues involved.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
You like car parks.

Brotato Broth
Feb 21, 2012

Tai posted:

You like car parks.

I'm just trying to mimic real life. :colbert:

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Brotato Broth posted:

New hotness.

gonna have nightmares about driving through this parking lot :stonk:

Bel Monte
Oct 9, 2012
Psh, I've seen way worse designs in real life. If anything that parking lot isn't big enough for that much mall. So yeah, mimics real life. :golfclap:

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.
It looks like everywhere I've lived. Very well done!

PoizenJam
Dec 2, 2006

Damn!!!
It's PoizenJam!!!

Pan Transforming posted:

You can hold down Shift or Ctrl to further change your zoning, in addition to Alt, but I couldn't tell you exactly how they interact because I basically mash buttons with them: Shift is by default the "hold this down to not automatically build streets!" button but if you use it with another it changes what the zone snaps to.
EDIT: You know how, if you let it automatically build streets, it always snaps to those streets? I think if you zone over any lowercase-s street it treats it like one of those streets, but if you hold Shift it goes "oh, not that, OK." But I couldn't tell you how it decides what to snap to.

Yeah, I'm familiar with shift-filling zones and auto drawing them to roads but that doesn't really solve the issue. If I lay down my skeleton networks and streets then try to zone them a lot of times I'll have intersections where the zone insists on snapping to an avenue or road when I want to to be facing the street it's on. The only solution I've seen ends up being to delete the adjacent roads and avenues, lay down my zone on the street, then redraw the main roads.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Poizen Jam posted:

Yeah, I'm familiar with shift-filling zones and auto drawing them to roads but that doesn't really solve the issue. If I lay down my skeleton networks and streets then try to zone them a lot of times I'll have intersections where the zone insists on snapping to an avenue or road when I want to to be facing the street it's on. The only solution I've seen ends up being to delete the adjacent roads and avenues, lay down my zone on the street, then redraw the main roads.

Perhaps ploppable zoned lots can work, I think they come with zone underneath. I.e. if you plop a 1x2 commercial building on bare land and then demolish the building, you'd be left with a commercial zone lot facing the same way the building was.
Not sure about this, only a guess.

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

Is there any in-game benefit to plopping down a few landmarks here and there? I usually don't because I figure they're just there for aesthetic value.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Some of the landmarks increase land value and mayor rating in a radius around them, basically like bigass parks.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Wasn't there a hidden "landmark rating" or something like that?

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

Awesome. Thanks.
Any decent mods that add dive bars, liquor stores, etc?

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?
Try these, the NIMBY pack.
http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/22743-naughty-nimby-pack-volume-1/

http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/22797-naughty-nimby-pack-volume-2/

http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/22848-naughty-nimby-pack-volume-3/

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

The new city game by the Cities in Motion studio is looking good. Their last video showed a feature I've been wanting for ages, you can set different named districts in your city and give them different ordinance policies.

The public transit is more complex too, as I was hoping given their background. Bus routes. :fap:

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

Goddamn, I never had any crash issues before and now I'm playing again and it's going down all the time. Argh this game.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Changed to 1 core? Tried running in software mode?

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

Have been doing that for years. The voodoo that runs this game is off, I need to sacrifice a chicken or something.

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

Grand Fromage posted:

Have been doing that for years. The voodoo that runs this game is off, I need to sacrifice a chicken or something.

It's mad because you haven't updated the LP for so long.

(Really, though, did anything change in your system at all since the last time you played?)

Zombie #246
Apr 26, 2003

Murr rgghhh ahhrghhh fffff
I'm going through so many dependencies, figuring out how Cleanitol works....it's a rabbit hole that just keeps getting deeper and deeper.

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

Grand Fromage posted:

Those video cards are really, really old, aren't they? Maybe it's time for an upgrade?

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Zombie #246 posted:

I'm going through so many dependencies, figuring out how Cleanitol works....it's a rabbit hole that just keeps getting deeper and deeper.

Cleanitrol works be default by removing jpgs pngs etc. You need specific file names from authors to remove files that are obsolete.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

VostokProgram posted:

It's mad because you haven't updated the LP for so long.

(Really, though, did anything change in your system at all since the last time you played?)

I was trying to update! :smith:

I'm pretty sure I've had to update video drivers to make other games work. I can't really roll those back though. I'll mess with the render options and see if one works better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

Grand Fromage posted:

What I'd give for a Sim City 4 remake that doesn't poo poo itself when confronted with ATI/AMD cards or processors with more than 1 core.

Messing with the anti-aliasing settings also messes with scroll speeds in Region View. :shrug:

• Locked thread