Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
will I later regret not putting effort into this poll?
Yes
No
View Results

• Locked thread
Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
What/when do I get a chance to destroy guns or whatever for XP?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Editt

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 10:31 on Nov 5, 2014

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp
The game is crazy awesome and if you didnt like BLOPS2 then its been several years maybe COD games just arent for you anymore.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Are there any other weapons that work really well without using ADS(like that big laser thing)? Going from CSGO to this and the ADS is real dumb.

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp

Feenix posted:

What/when do I get a chance to destroy guns or whatever for XP?

There should be an option when you have the gun highlighted in the armory. Some cosmetic stuff is not redeemable for xp I think it might be the preorder and 'do the dewrito' stuff.

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp

mcvey posted:

Are there any other weapons that work really well without using ADS(like that big laser thing)? Going from CSGO to this and the ADS is real dumb.

The dubstep shotgun is really awesome.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Speaking as a casual CoD player who hasn't played since MW3, I really like this game. That said, the game is still well in its honeymoon period and, let's face it, after Ghosts and having a relatively untested developer, everyone was surprised that it even turned out well at all.

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp

Unlucky7 posted:

Speaking as a casual CoD player who hasn't played since MW3, I really like this game. That said, the game is still well in its honeymoon period and, let's face it, after Ghosts and having a relatively untested developer, everyone was surprised that it even turned out well at all.

Yea its not like the bar is super high right now thats true.

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006
I'm a big idiot and purchased this on PC, but it's running nicely. Occasionally I see some weird lag comp issues, but it's been pretty smooth sailing. The game is very fast and it's really fun just flying around the map with an SMG or pistol/knife combo. I'm a little worried about the community staying large enough to get regular games in a couple of months, though...

Now that DenKirson isn't doing his COD charts, is there a website to check out gun stats?

Moochewmoo
May 13, 2009
Coming from Destiny PvP this game owns so loving hard. Sometimes I'll just get extremely scared and confused and oh my god I just killed 12 people I'm so sorry.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
I think this game owns so far but I also think BLOPS2 is the best post cod4 game. Boosting around with a shotgun is pretty sweet.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

So what are the best all around weapons/attachments/perks/suits/whatever I should be using as a newbie. All about running around like a loon and shooting

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
I really hate that stock is locked behind 20 hip fire kills. I rely too much on the left stick for aiming.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Javes posted:

I really hate that stock is locked behind 20 hip fire kills. I rely too much on the left stick for aiming.

I just burned a couple rounds getting lovely scores and doing nothing but hip fires with a laser on.

It won't take much more than a couple to get it done.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
Just played a game where the enemy was on the receiving end of the strange lag. I went 30-0 in FFA and ended up with over 50k points for the match. poo poo need to be fixed.

For some unexplainable reason switching from lan cable from wifi has helped, might make the lag comp work in your favour? Its worth trying at least.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
With the XMG, you can change mode in mid-air, so if you jump-boost and then change, you keep your momentum and become a majestic turret eagle until you hit the ground.

The gun's still terrible but it's also hilarious.

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008
As someone who played a fuckload of MW2 and gave up after that, I'm loving this, it plays alot like MW2 but all the extra movement stuff from the exo suits just makes it even more hectic.\\

I just wish they had proper servers on PC because that seems to be the only major downfall, the P2P stuff is poo poo and laggy. :(

WirelessPillow
Jan 12, 2012

Look Ma, no wires!

Rudager posted:

As someone who played a fuckload of MW2 and gave up after that, I'm loving this, it plays alot like MW2 but all the extra movement stuff from the exo suits just makes it even more hectic.\\

I just wish they had proper servers on PC because that seems to be the only major downfall, the P2P stuff is poo poo and laggy. :(

Less grenade spam though, which is nice.

tjones
May 13, 2005
I'm a huge search whore, and I don't know if I could ever go back to any other COD SnD game again.

The movement is great.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

I don't bother using nades, the movement options make them useless and I'd rather have the extra perks.

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp
The stun one is pretty good. But the threat detection doesnt last near long enough and a ton of people use cold blooded.

Fatty_McLumpkin
Sep 30, 2002

Oh I loooove going to the mooon ahaha ahhhahaaa
I'll put it this way... I run support cause I die alot, I die alot because im retarded and run blindly into poo poo. Having that said, having the extra poo poo on my score streaks to help the team out is loving awesome. In conclusion, if you were good at CoD, you'll still be good, just with more verticality... ALOT more verticality. So now, not only do you have to check corners and poo poo, but you have to check rooftops and basically have to be runnings/jumping/boost slamming in a full time 360 degree spin.

if you haven't bought this poo poo by now, do so.. quickly.

if you bought it on PC, see you on the xbox in 2 months.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Yeah so this game is pretty sweet. The exo suit can be annoying trying to chase down sporadic dudes but also is great for avoiding grenade spam. Especially on domination

I've mistakenly bought a season pass for past COD twice but this time I'm trying to convince myself "no it'll be worth it!" Then there's always one jerk who doesn't have it in the party!

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

Fatty_McLumpkin posted:

I'll put it this way... I run support cause I die alot, I die alot because im retarded and run blindly into poo poo. Having that said, having the extra poo poo on my score streaks to help the team out is loving awesome. In conclusion, if you were good at CoD, you'll still be good, just with more verticality... ALOT more verticality. So now, not only do you have to check corners and poo poo, but you have to check rooftops and basically have to be runnings/jumping/boost slamming in a full time 360 degree spin.

Agreed with all.

As far as loadouts, I pretty much stripped the thing bare so I could go full spastic with 5 perks. Although I still have the painting, extra time UAV and a third attachment.

Gun-wise I find myself coming back to the AK over and over. Tried out the high damage SMG which was ok for a while but the range drop-off started to bug me. Nothing else feels right, but I haven't tried the last two assault rifles or the Ameli yet.

Now if I could shake this man flu I could get the headset on and talk crap with all y'all.

2 day game rating: Verticality As Fast As gently caress

Wilko
Dec 3, 2013

:toot:
I got an elite SMG with a grenade-launcher on it from a supply drop, so now I can play faux-tribes again, and keep all my extra perks without having to drop one to attach the GL. I also got an elite Exo skin that looks kinda Human Revolution-esque from the one straight afterwards. Supply drops are the best thing.

RonMexicosPitbull posted:

The stun one is pretty good. But the threat detection doesnt last near long enough and a ton of people use cold blooded.

Airburst stuns are amazing for keeping people in place while you flank them. EMP nades are also fantastic, but less so for not getting shot, just keeping people grounded while you stomp them.

Wilko fucked around with this message at 12:32 on Nov 5, 2014

Moochewmoo
May 13, 2009
Christoff I'm really sorry I got your invites like 3 hours later. :( psn is great and all but gently caress. They need to revamp their message and notifications system.

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

Played this game a bit last night, it's pretty fun. I still haven't totally figured out the exo suit yet though, and pubbies are still terrible as always. I'm also trying to acclimitize to the Xbone, and I guess I hosed up accepting game invites. Sorry Bear and co. Although I'm sure you'd rather roll with ven when he's going 60-2.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

This game continues the CoD tradition of the 3-shot burst AR being godly.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
It'd be cool if you could unbind or at least rebind the boosting/dodging. Getting pretty annoying doing that stuff accidentally on the reg.

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011
I was in a lobby yesterday and someone had forgotten their mic was on, so we could all hear him giving out his mobile number to someone on the phone. Silly boy, I do hope nobody took advantage of his carelessness.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

I was watching a Twitch stream earlier when I was trying to decide whether or not I wanted the game and some rando joined in progress and began recording a live commentary over his PS4 mic.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
How the gently caress do these guys get away with refusing to launch the game on a dual-core? I had to download a patched .exe and big surprise my G3258 with GTX 970 does 1080p60 with 4x supersampling. Oh but I'm sure Activision knows better than me what my system can play. Morons.

Edit: Maybe I didn't pay my re Specs

Zero VGS fucked around with this message at 13:45 on Nov 5, 2014

Goodchild
Jan 3, 2010
After another day of playing, every single MP game continues to have red bars for 90% of the players in it. Is nobody else experiencing this on the Xbone? I'm shocked I haven't read more about it.

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
there was this racist piece of shit in your av so I fixed it
you're welcome
pay it forward~
I just had a game where it refused to balance out the teams. Our team had like 5 people on it vs 1 on the other team, new players were still being added to our team.

Also Exo Stealth seems entirely useless to me? Is the only benefit the "optical camo" that makes me light up and glow bright translucent blue?

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006

Meta Ridley posted:

I just had a game where it refused to balance out the teams. Our team had like 5 people on it vs 1 on the other team, new players were still being added to our team.

Also Exo Stealth seems entirely useless to me? Is the only benefit the "optical camo" that makes me light up and glow bright translucent blue?

It makes you harder to see when still/prone/in cover etc. Moving it's pretty trashy.

buttchugging adderall
May 7, 2007

COME GET SOME

Meta Ridley posted:

Yeah exo stealth is kinda useless as far as I can tell. You're harder to notice in passing or at a distance, but that's not exactly too useful and a careful eye will still see you b/c you're bright loving blue.

I was worried from trailers that it would be too stealthy and annoying, but it turns out that it being useless is what they went with, guess they found being too invisible annoying or something.

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp

Stumpalitious posted:

Yeah exo stealth is kinda useless as far as I can tell. You're harder to notice in passing or at a distance, but that's not exactly too useful and a careful eye will still see you b/c you're bright loving blue.

I was worried from trailers that it would be too stealthy and annoying, but it turns out that it being useless is what they went with, guess they found being too invisible annoying or something.

Id rather it be that than too good. Stim doesnt seem to be much help either. I've been using the speed boost mostly

Stubear St. Pierre
Feb 22, 2006

Zero VGS posted:

How the gently caress do these guys get away with refusing to launch the game on a dual-core? I had to download a patched .exe and big surprise my G3258 with GTX 970 does 1080p60 with 4x supersampling. Oh but I'm sure Activision knows better than me what my system can play. Morons.

Edit: Maybe I didn't pay my re Specs

Try forwarding your PCI port to the serial bus and then overclock your CMOS to see if it pops the Linux kernal

Esk1
Dec 19, 2007

BobTheSpy posted:

Er, whut? The reaction from most of the internet actually seems pretty drat positive, and I come in here, and the goons are bitching like CRAZY. Is it truly justified

Reddit is overall a lot more negative on this game than this forum. Most of the hate Is focused on lag. I think this is a better gsme than titanfall but I didn't have the issues with titanfall that make this almost unplayable to me. Hopefully the community is finally to the point activitision will have to consider a full array of dedicated servers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stubear St. Pierre
Feb 22, 2006

And re: 40 people who said "lol goons will bitch about anything," a recently released 5-year study found that they're actually about 300x more likely to drop into COD threads and white knight the game/deride goons for bitching and then never ever be heard from again after the end of the month because the game sucks

• Locked thread