Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

the truth posted:

They need to make another SM3DW before the people run out of the drugs they were on when they made the first game.

Actually the people who made 3D World were just very creative.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwen
Aug 17, 2011

Whenever Nintendo takes drugs they actually make terrible games. I mean look at what happened with 3D Land. Tragic stuff.

uncle and nintendo you know the drill

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

If your post is a "WHAT were these guys SMOKING ?? :D" kind of post maybe you shouldn't post it thanks

forpush
Jan 6, 2006

We don't like it when the city light start fading
When the city lights fading then we can't get down
WEll you see it's kind of like ____ but on DRUGS!!!

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Why does Toad sound like a chain smoker? I dunno what a talking mushroom dude is supposed to sound like but I wouldn't have guessed they'd sound like Toad.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

I miss his Mario Kart 64 laugh but gravel throat Toad is p. funny too. I would make Toad sounds while playing SM3DW and it bothered my wife

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

My one dream (that will never happen) is a new Viewtiful Joe game on the WiiU. The game pad would be perfect for it

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
The DS Viewtiful Joe wasn't very good, it used the touchscreen similarly to how you might imagine the gamepad would be used.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.
Haven't they in a few of the Nintendo Directs announced that certain things would be available "at the end of this presentation" or something like that? I seem to recall that from previous NDs. I hope that's the case with the Mario Kart DLC. I want to play that Excitebike track so bad!

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
W101 demo and NES remix were announced like that. I think a couple other things as well.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Smash WiiU demo?!?!?!

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Macaluso posted:

Smash WiiU demo?!?!?!

Super Smash Bros for 3DS has already been out for a month

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Perry Normal posted:

Haven't they in a few of the Nintendo Directs announced that certain things would be available "at the end of this presentation" or something like that? I seem to recall that from previous NDs. I hope that's the case with the Mario Kart DLC. I want to play that Excitebike track so bad!

Just based on the dates for the Amiibo patch, it'll probably be out next week.

They'll probably drop an eShop game, if anything. Art Academy seems like an obvious candidate.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Pokemon Art Academy just came out so they might wait (longer) on the Wii U one.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Just based on the dates for the Amiibo patch, it'll probably be out next week.

They'll probably drop an eShop game, if anything. Art Academy seems like an obvious candidate.

It was leaked that the MK8 DLC would probably be available on 11/13. A reddit user tried http://mariokart8.nintendo.com/amiibo on a whim, and found some stuff that hadn't been publicized yet. It's since been taken down, but here's a snapshot: https://archive.today/xRFWx

"Probably" because who knows; it may have been taken down because they were planning on 11/13 but are unable to do so for whatever reason.

edit: just noticed that the page refers to a "software update" for Amiibo support on 11/13, which may not necessarily be the DLC update.

enojy fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Nov 5, 2014

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

enojy posted:

edit: just noticed that the page refers to a "software update" for Amiibo support on 11/13, which may not necessarily be the DLC update.

Yeah, I just saw that too. They could both hit the same day, but they wouldn't be dependent on each other, since Amiibo support is across the board, while you have to buy the DLC. So, they would have to make them available separately anyway.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

noirstronaut posted:

Does anyone actually give a poo poo about Watch Dogs anymore

I think people were asking that question even before the game was released for other consoles.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Played some SM3DW with a friend today for the first time.

The Wii U is the best console available at the moment.

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip
I dont think ive seen a game that looks as good as bayonetta 2 does. The poo poo just pops

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Kewpuh posted:

I dont think ive seen a game that looks as good as bayonetta 2 does. The poo poo just pops

You're a cool guy for thinking this, Kewpuh. It's so great looking.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Are the NES Remix games worth picking up? I'm down for nostalgia and all but I'm still not sold.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

seiferguy posted:

Are the NES Remix games worth picking up? I'm down for nostalgia and all but I'm still not sold.

They aren't just ports of the NES games, but rather wario-ware-esque challenges like say stomping a number of enemies, or beating a level with a time limit, sometimes they'll mix it up by making you play as a character from one game in another.

They're both very fun and highly recommended.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

The remixed levels are good, too.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG

Kewpuh posted:

I really love the monster designs. They look so creepy and threatening but also very Renaissance.

For some reason I really enjoyed the part where a new boss-monster appears and you learn its one-word name.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

seiferguy posted:

NES Remix is super awesome since it's a series of hundreds of minigames made up of small fragments of old NES games. However, you might want to wait for the disk release with both games on it which should be out in a month.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

seiferguy posted:

Yes. Even the worse games work well in the format.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

NES Remix also forces you to get good at and learn the tricks in games you never got to as a kid. So I didn't know Joe Glass's OHKO trick in Punch Out until I played NES Remix.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

SeANMcBAY posted:

Yes. Even the worse games work well in the format.

Eh, it varies. Some of the games are still pretty unbearable. Remix 2 is better with that because it has very few games like that in it.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Do we know how long the direct is going to be?

And a link to it in general?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Yeah, YouTube link please. That's the highest quality, most reliable, and I can chrome cast it.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Do we know how long the direct is going to be?

And a link to it in general?
No idea on the length, they're usually about 45 minutes to an hour.

http://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct/11-05-2014/

http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Misc-/Nintendo-Direct/Latest-Nintendo-Direct/Nintendo-Direct-698557.html

e: I don't think it'll be up on YouTube until it finishes, it's streamed on twitch I think.

http://www.twitch.tv/nintendo

irlZaphod fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Nov 5, 2014

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
IIRC the youtube stream usually goes up about half an hour before the Direct starts.

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
Any word on how long it's going to be?

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

anybody know how long it's gonna be?

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

irlZaphod posted:

e: I don't think it'll be up on YouTube until it finishes, it's streamed on twitch I think.

http://www.twitch.tv/nintendo

I definitely watched the Smash bros direct live at https://www.youtube.com/user/Nintendo

Edit: Also, you guys who are watching it, do you mind giving live updates in this thread? I'm going to be in a spot where I can read SA but can't watch a video.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

romanowski posted:

anybody know how long it's gonna be?

Third time's the charm!

Pegged Lamb
Nov 5, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Bass Bottles posted:

I really love the monster designs. They look so creepy and threatening but also very Renaissance.

For some reason I really enjoyed the part where a new boss-monster appears and you learn its one-word name.

I'd say Baroque but yeah

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Fremry posted:

I definitely watched the Smash bros direct live at https://www.youtube.com/user/Nintendo

Edit: Also, you guys who are watching it, do you mind giving live updates in this thread? I'm going to be in a spot where I can read SA but can't watch a video.

seconding the "update the thread" sentiment, I'd appreciate it too

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

the thread will be updated regularly with exciting phrases such as "OH MY GOD" and "NINTENDO TAKE ALL MY MONEY"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
The direct will be 33 minutes long

• Locked thread