Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!
Wow, jump fatigue can get kind of crazy. I made the mistake of travelling in a pod, it only took two jump bridges to show me the error of my ways. In my defence, I was only moving a glorified cyno/PI alt. I should have stuck with the industrial, the innate bonus makes it very reasonable to travel in one.

I'm glad I trained my actual main guys for interceptors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
If all you are moving is yourself, gently caress bridges. You don't have gatecloak coming through them so it's much easier to get caught in a fast-aligning Interceptor and you will get hammered by jump fatigue if you're trying to cover any reasonable distance. Just take gates if your uncatchable Interceptor of choice and tab to your favorite forum between jumps.

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Just follow along if you don't wanna get neutered.
Eve Online: why would anyone want the game to be playable and good? doesn';t make sense

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?
"God drat, PL's sword of damocles over every engagement in this Fountain war is a pain in the dick. What the gently caress is CCP thinking?"

"God drat, I can't use a jump bridge network to cross 3 regions in an hour anymore. What the gently caress is CCP thinking?"

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014
Ask me about metaphysico-theologo-cosmolo-nigology. I'm here to help!

Not sure which part you're referring to, but I'll respond to both. Clockwork pineapple is now a member of the caldari militia, as of the past few weeks. So, there are even few people in AAS during eu time zones than before. Not trying to be critical of Groon, just having the forums to read is both educational and entertaining, but I expected more activity (making that assumption without any sort of research, so 100% on me).

kiresays
Aug 14, 2012

While I personally would prefer a free-form sov system, I know there are so many "I'm an important internet spaceship diplomat" tryhards out there that want the occupancy sov way more than I even care about the issue. So we'll probably get that version.

TimNeilson
Dec 21, 2008

Hahaha!

Dr. Pangloss posted:

Not sure which part you're referring to, but I'll respond to both. Clockwork pineapple is now a member of the caldari militia, as of the past few weeks. So, there are even few people in AAS during eu time zones than before. Not trying to be critical of Groon, just having the forums to read is both educational and entertaining, but I expected more activity (making that assumption without any sort of research, so 100% on me).

That's more an artifact of longdrinks, duckslayer, and nbonga being gone than a result of us joining FW.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So I've gotten a little bored with just logging in and shooting people and decided to have an alt venture into wormholes for the hell of it. After playing this game for five years I've finally put up my first tower in this nice little C2 for me to dick around in. I then found a Provibloc alliance's tower nearby and am praying and hoping to either 1) sneak one of my POS bashing ships in to take it out solo while watching a movie or 2) they just abandoned it and it'll run out eventually for me to ninja loot. I feel so :shobon: about WH stuff since I've avoided menial tasks like dealing with POSs and ferrying my own stuff for five years.

JohnSherman posted:

"God drat, PL's sword of damocles over every engagement in this Fountain war is a pain in the dick. What the gently caress is CCP thinking?"

"God drat, I can't use a jump bridge network to cross 3 regions in an hour anymore. What the gently caress is CCP thinking?"

It's all our fault, according to someone in Bastion we have 20 ISBoxing titans which caused CCP to nerf jump drives. He also didn't say that jokingly.

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014
Ask me about metaphysico-theologo-cosmolo-nigology. I'm here to help!

TimNeilson posted:

That's more an artifact of longdrinks, duckslayer, and nbonga being gone than a result of us joining FW.

Gotcha. I have basically no frame of reference, so happy to defer. Again, I've just been skill queueing since I've been traveling and working nonstop the past six weeks. I keep eyeing my Tristan thinking it'd be great to go well that thing. Hopefully after thanksgiving I'll have enough time to get on during ustz and catch some fleets.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

whoa where did my +3 training implants go and why was I only reimbursed 150k for nearly 60 million worth of items?

I thought I was up on what was coming with this patch but there we are!

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Bilirubin posted:

whoa where did my +3 training implants go and why was I only reimbursed 150k for nearly 60 million worth of items?
Implants are still there in game, the api changed or something and evemon doesn't see them. The reimbursement money is for various invention doodads they removed from the game.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Klyith posted:

Implants are still there in game, the api changed or something and evemon doesn't see them. The reimbursement money is for various invention doodads they removed from the game.

They basically made level V not the baseline needed anymore for some skills. There's an article that explained it on CrossingZebras: http://crossingzebras.com/phoebe-industry/

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus
https://zkillboard.com/kill/42205601/

The glorious leader has fallen! Who will we now look to for guidance during these trying times?

What does the line of succession look like? Does this make Blawrf and Boat "Lord Protectors" of the Swarm until an heir can be found?

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Well I think FCON just declared war. I can't say that I'd be sorry about that. Mind you, If I saw Mittens in his pod I'd probably have to have a go. :getin:

I imagine the line of succession looks like a bunch of fat sweaty neckbearded EVE goons btw.

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!

JohnSherman posted:

But that's still possible.

Shux
Feb 25, 2012

Join Freestyle Cyclists and help repeal Australia's unjustified Helmet laws.

Studies have shown cars travel much closer to cyclists wearing helmets, arguably increasing the risk of an accident.

Zephyrine posted:

The glorious leader has fallen! Who will we now look to for guidance during these trying times?

What does the line of succession look like? Does this make Blawrf and Boat "Lord Protectors" of the Swarm until an heir can be found?

I wonder how much it would cost to have you read only here as well.

WhoNeedsAName
Nov 30, 2013

Zephyrine posted:

He doesn't have a golden pod... The shame of it.

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!
It was a little bit surreal to see The Mittani warp off toward the DO6 station in his Thanatos, after (I assume) using the cyno array.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Unfunny Poster posted:

It's all our fault, according to someone in Bastion we have 20 ISBoxing titans which caused CCP to nerf jump drives. He also didn't say that jokingly.

Our ~valued allies~ :cripes:

Next time tell him the CFC totally uses more isboxer for titans :laugh:.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
Apparently a anti-renter crusade has hit Etherium Reach and is trying to hold sov against the renter alliance there (and other old establishment forces closeby). Any bets on if the newbies can hold in the face of the renter hordes?

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Libluini posted:

Apparently a anti-renter crusade has hit Etherium Reach and is trying to hold sov against the renter alliance there (and other old establishment forces closeby). Any bets on if the newbies can hold in the face of the renter hordes?

Well, considering they took the space for themselves and are fighting renters rather than competent people; yes. Mining barges can only deploy so many drones.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Libluini posted:

Those guys are basically BNI 2.0. They've been sperging on Reddit for a few weeks about this idea, and the plan is essentially "impossible to hold space before Phoebe... possible after Phoebe? Lolcontent".

I can't wait to blow a bunch of their poo poo up and have them thank me for providing content.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc

autism chariot posted:

Well I think FCON just declared war. I can't say that I'd be sorry about that. Mind you, If I saw Mittens in his pod I'd probably have to have a go. :getin:

I imagine the line of succession looks like a bunch of fat sweaty neckbearded EVE goons btw.

I doubt you'd be the first blue to take pot-shots at Mittani.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?
Story time! Even after almost 5 years at this terrible-yet-satisfying game, I'm still either a :shobon: or a :saddowns:, depending on your point of view.

After fitting a Malediction for the first time, I left with one of the Reaver fleets going who-knows-where. We start the night by dunking a carrier solo-gate camping. After burning ahead to our destination, I start flitting around the station grid using the new bookmarks in space and playing cat-and-mouse with the enemy fleet. I'm feeling pretty good: I am a dangerous space pilot!

The rest of the fleet lands, and I warp to the FC, who seems to be baby-sitting a TCU or something all by himself. I start orbiting him, take a phone call, and put Mumble on mute. Most of you can take a guess on how well that goes.

Then, what before my wondering eyes doth appear, but a neutral Viator! He's even moving next to that TCU thing! I know next to nothing about sov structures, other than I've shot a lot of them over the years, but I assume this neut is trying to do something dastardly. Even worse, the FC (the only other blue on grid) doesn't seem to be doing anything about it! He must be talking on comms or something.

The rest of the sequence goes something like this. I'm on the phone the entire time.

:yarr: "I have you pointed!"

:black101: "Aha! He's into armor!"

:wave: "Oh look! The rest of my fleet is landing on grid to help!"

:confused: "Why am I being target painted? Why would a Viator bother carrying a target painter?"

:commissar:

After figuring out what's going on, Asher kindly points out that, you know, maybe if I want to use a ship that involves more than pressing F1 occasionally, I should be on comms. Or look at fleet chat. Because either of those would be a good thing to do.

I then began the 30-minute trek back to high-sec in my pod, thinking to re-ship into an interceptor and come back. Did you know that Curse residents like to bubble the gently caress out of their gates? Well, they do. After landing in a bubble 100km from the gate, I start moving away. I'm at 148km from the gate when Manfred Sidious comes through the gate in a Taranis. The slowest interceptor, and all I have to do is get 2km moving at 168m/sec. He points me just as I hit 150km from gate.

So, after going through :black101: and :commissar:, I end the night getting podded by somebody Space Famous.

THE END

P.S. The Viator lived.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

autism chariot posted:

Well, considering they took the space for themselves and are fighting renters rather than competent people; yes. Mining barges can only deploy so many drones.
When you steal space from a rental alliance you're not going to fight the renters, you're going to fight the landlords. And they didn't really "take" the system, they just ninja'd one while a few hundred systems were being transferred by un-anchoring and re-anchoring TCUs.

Right now the Phoebe Freeport alliance has a bit over 200 characters, and Total Absolution has just under 300. Seeing as how Absolution is the reconstitution of White Noise, they're all gonna have caps or supers. They have a tiny chance if they can recruit like crazy, but it's doubtful that there are a ton of people on reddit that want to join a new nullsec alliance when BNI has been exactly that for the last few months. Or if they find some miracle allies, maybe IRC comes back?

pugnax
Oct 10, 2012

Specialization is for insects.

Libluini posted:

I don't think they're 'anti-renter' as much as just wanting to try and see if they can do it. I wish the little guys luck.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
Really. You couldn't be bothered to at least be on coms?

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

Rhymenoserous posted:

Really. You couldn't be bothered to at least be on coms?

I travel for work, so when home calls, I answer. :shrug: I definitely should have kept a better eye on fleet chat. And hovered over the "Target Painter" icon above my capacitor. And, you know, maybe just held point while I asked the FC what to do. Pretty much anything other than mashing F1.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Ynglaur posted:

Then, what before my wondering eyes doth appear, but a neutral Viator! He's even moving next to that TCU thing! I know next to nothing about sov structures, other than I've shot a lot of them over the years, but I assume this neut is trying to do something dastardly. Even worse, the FC (the only other blue on grid) doesn't seem to be doing anything about it! He must be talking on comms or something.

The rest of the sequence goes something like this. I'm on the phone the entire time.

Did it ever occur to you, prior to getting :commissar: that your bloodthirsty cohorts are letting this rather vulnerable ship flit around nearby space without taking the kill themselves that it could in fact be the alt carrying boring sov poo poo for 'strategic objective' purposes?

There. is. always. one.

Klyith posted:

They have a tiny chance if they can recruit like crazy, but it's doubtful that there are a ton of people on reddit that want to join a new nullsec alliance when BNI has been exactly that for the last few months. Or if they find some miracle allies, maybe IRC comes back?

Maybe they aren't as enamored by the idea of e-honoure and being all gentlemen-ly polite and poo poo (and abjectly horrible). Maybe they want to cruise around using interesting terminology to question the sexual orientation of their fleet mates, use racial slurs in local, and guess which members mother happens to be a street walker?

Xolve fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Nov 5, 2014

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

Xolve posted:

Did it ever occur to you, prior to getting :commissar: that your bloodthirsty cohorts are letting this rather vulnerable ship flit around nearby space without taking the kill themselves that it could in fact be the alt carrying boring sov poo poo for 'strategic objective' purposes?

There. is. always. one.

Not prior, no. Afterwards, yes. I assumed that sov stuff would be carried by blues. But yes, I was That Guy last night.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Ynglaur posted:

Not prior, no. Afterwards, yes. I assumed that sov stuff would be carried by blues. But yes, I was That Guy last night.

I just had flashbacks of dealing with N3, and being the smug fucker that got to push F1 on people that did that very thing.

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

cannot legally be sold as vodka

Dr. Pangloss posted:

I just resubbed to find groon this way so I guess I'm looking for a new corp now. Can anyone recommend any decent corps that aren't full of pubbies?

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Voyager I posted:

If all you are moving is yourself, gently caress bridges. You don't have gatecloak coming through them so it's much easier to get caught in a fast-aligning Interceptor and you will get hammered by jump fatigue if you're trying to cover any reasonable distance. Just take gates if your uncatchable Interceptor of choice and tab to your favorite forum between jumps.

You get a session change invulnerability, which won't break until you hit warp, in the same way as warping from a gate cloak works. If you're in a mathematically-uncatchable fit it doesn't matter if they can see you and pre-select you to mash lock, their client still doesn't have enough server ticks available to lock and point.

Agreed it's probably not worth it either way, though.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Libluini posted:

They're terrible. Its a pubbie miner leading idiots from reddit and for some reason ex BOS guys

PookBear fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Nov 5, 2014

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Ynglaur posted:

I travel for work, so when home calls, I answer. :shrug: I definitely should have kept a better eye on fleet chat. And hovered over the "Target Painter" icon above my capacitor. And, you know, maybe just held point while I asked the FC what to do. Pretty much anything other than mashing F1.

I bet you shoot neutral cynos next to blue supers you

luminalflux
May 27, 2005

Ynglaur posted:

:confused: "Why am I being target painted? Why would a Viator bother carrying a target painter?"

It's very useful when you're dropping SBUs, all my GSOL Prowlers carry one.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

Khablam posted:

You get a session change invulnerability, which won't break until you hit warp, in the same way as warping from a gate cloak works. If you're in a mathematically-uncatchable fit it doesn't matter if they can see you and pre-select you to mash lock, their client still doesn't have enough server ticks available to lock and point.

Agreed it's probably not worth it either way, though.

Uncatchable interceptors work through gates because the delay before the enemy can see you breaking gatecloak covers part of your align time. You don't get this benefit if they can already see you and most decently fitted tacklers will be able to catch you. I have lost a taxi interceptor going through a bridge before.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Offical Auth Director PSA:

If you email me with a 400 word dissertation on how can you join GoonWaffe and where your hang up is I'm going to immediately assume you have some hosed up sadbrains and just ignore it or reject it outright.

Brief description is like < 100 words.

Thank you have a nice day.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

vyst posted:

Offical Auth Director PSA:

If you email me with a 400 word dissertation on how can you join GoonWaffe and where your hang up is I'm going to immediately assume you have some hosed up sadbrains and just ignore it or reject it outright.

Brief description is like < 100 words.

Thank you have a nice day.

Whats the funniest/saddest app you've ever received?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Widestancer posted:

Whats the funniest/saddest app you've ever received?

There was one where a guy got scammed, and managed to find the email box, and then i told him he got scammed and went through about 15 emails that were the textbook stages of grief.

The rest aren't too bad. I try to be cordial and detailed in my emails so there is no confusion.

• Locked thread