Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
will I later regret not putting effort into this poll?
Yes
No
View Results

• Locked thread
Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

dreffen posted:

Or you could just scroll past the post posts you don't like to/want to read like an adult.

Why would you post this in the children's game thread?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

no adults here only really old children

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

get these pc losers out of my thread, we warned them not to buy this poo poo on pc

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

can we make buying cod on pc a bannable offense?

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

GET MY BELT SON posted:

can we make buying cod on pc a bannable offense?

this but unironically

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
if you get it on PC and a console its a perma

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

when I picked up my xbone copy, I had accidentally preordered the windows copy. the cashier was like, no this can't be right, pc version!??? We laughed it off

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

if you get it on PC and a console its a perma

What if you get the PC version first, realized you hosed up, then get the console version?

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

ethanol posted:

when I picked up my xbone copy, I had accidentally preordered the windows copy. the cashier was like, no this can't be right, pc version!??? We laughed it off
How could you possibly not know to double-check which version of a game you're buying in tyool 2014

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

ethanol posted:

This story is fake because PC games in a store? Nice try.

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

console master race

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
lol if you actually bought an xbone or ps4.

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

bone for looks, bone for life

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Mymla posted:

lol if you actually bought an xbone or ps4.

I bought a Wiiu and hope to have an xbone soon. gently caress pc gaming.

BIFF!
Jan 4, 2009

Unlucky7 posted:

What if you get the PC version first, realized you hosed up, then get the console version?

What if you own literally every CoD since CoD 4 on both PC and console?

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

My roommate that considers CS1.6 being a gift from god told me to get this game. I did and now I want to loving hang myself. This game is one thousand percent poo poo and when I told him it looks and plays like titanfall he told me it was nothing like it and I wouldn't know because I never bought titanfall. The people these COD games create are literally worse than hitler.

Oh yeah and I am one of those loving morons that bought it on steam for PC so I am totally hosed with this lenseflare poo poo magic. I can't wait to be berated by this idiot I live with for not being able to handle the "hardcoreness" of this dogshit where every map of every game involves setting up spawnpoints that look at other spawnpoints so you can spawnkill the second you spawn because "owning noobs" is erection nourishment to these loving terrible people.

If you bought this game and like it then cut off your dick and sand down your vag because you need to be the endpoint of the thousand year chain it took to make you.

gently caress.

BIFF! posted:

See above advice.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
Here's a screenshot from my most recent game using the SAC3 build. We still lost and I hosed up a bit but I did decently enough to make this about an average game.

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

BIFF! posted:

pack your poo poo. you've got a hellban coming

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Drinkfist posted:

My roommate that considers CS1.6 being a gift from god told me to get this game. I did and now I want to loving hang myself. This game is one thousand percent poo poo and when I told him it looks and plays like titanfall he told me it was nothing like it and I wouldn't know because I never bought titanfall. The people these COD games create are literally worse than hitler.

Oh yeah and I am one of those loving morons that bought it on steam for PC so I am totally hosed with this lenseflare poo poo magic. I can't wait to be berated by this idiot I live with for not being able to handle the "hardcoreness" of this dogshit where every map of every game involves setting up spawnpoints that look at other spawnpoints so you can spawnkill the second you spawn because "owning noobs" is erection nourishment to these loving terrible people.

If you bought this game and like it then cut off your dick and sand down your vag because you need to be the endpoint of the thousand year chain it took to make you.

gently caress.

Get better. If you don't die you can't get spawn killed.

Duh.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

This thread is the gift that keeps on giving.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
So far the only thing that really has come close to upsetting me are the EMP graphical effects - I mean I can't even see people standing in front of me when that poo poo's going on. :saddowns:

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp
What if the day before COD:AW came out. You tell everyone you just bought Ghosts on PS3 and encouraged others to play with you online. Like a murder suicide.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I am having a blast with the campaign. Just thought I should say that. :)

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

Drinkfist posted:

gently caress.

you should probably drink more booze

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Fibby Boy posted:

This thread is the gift that keeps on giving.

Glad to contribute.

Theli
Jan 23, 2002

SORRY ABOUT MY TAINT
Fun Shoe

coyo7e posted:

So far the only thing that really has come close to upsetting me are the EMP graphical effects - I mean I can't even see people standing in front of me when that poo poo's going on. :saddowns:

I had a few games last night where the other team was dropping System Hacks constantly and they just destroyed us. It is way more debilitating than EMP ever was and only requires 600 points. I added the Hard Wired perk to all my builds after that.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

BIFF! posted:

Here's a suggestion: kill youreself

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
hahahaha just kidding biff, I like you, you're ok. we have fun here.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
This is meant to be the patch notes for the one that just got pushed on PC

MP chat icon size and placement.
Kill confirmed score limit
Camo challenge tuning
Prestige emblem reset
Speed reload timing
2XP messaging
Score mismatch when player leaves public lobby. (Doesn’t affect Combat Record)
COD Vision team color improvements

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

Carecat posted:

This is meant to be the patch notes for the one that just got pushed on PC

MP chat icon size and placement.
Kill confirmed score limit
Camo challenge tuning
Prestige emblem reset
Speed reload timing
2XP messaging
Score mismatch when player leaves public lobby. (Doesn’t affect Combat Record)
COD Vision team color improvements

That's so weird, I don't see dedicated servers anywhere in that list.

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic
The one SMG that looks like a futuristic Thompson is nice. I really like how the initial burst is sped up.

Overall, I'm really enjoying the game, it's more like BLOPS 1 for me in the fact that I'm not getting as angry as I usually do in these games.

It's just fun, and I'm okay with that.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Who thought it was a good idea to make a map with a wide instant death trench in the middle of the map. Jesus.

Raioner
Mar 28, 2006

Are you talking about the one on the top of the buildings? Cause that has two instant death traps and they are my kryptonite.

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

Mymla posted:

Who thought it was a good idea to make a map with a wide instant death trench in the middle of the map. Jesus.

yea gently caress that map

Lump Shaker
Nov 20, 2001
Is it possible to be a camping bastard in this iteration or is it more set up where people are always spawning behind you etc.?

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Can you get more exo energy or when you're out are you just out?

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
I enjoyed lunch crew games.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Lump Shaker posted:

Is it possible to be a camping bastard in this iteration or is it more set up where people are always spawning behind you etc.?

I guess you could once you learn the maps. In the current state of the game its pretty hard, though. You can't soundwhore at all, and the spawns are pretty bad. When you kill someone, expect them to spawn behind you. This seems to happen more in objective modes for some reason.

Thumbtacks posted:

When you're out, you are out until you respawn. Overcharged makes your EXO abilites last longer.

Shnakepup
Oct 16, 2004

Paraphrasing moments of genius

Thumbtacks posted:

You only get the one battery. I think most the abilities you can hit the button again to turn off the ability and conserve your energy. Plus there's a perk or something that makes your battery last slightly longer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

Mymla posted:

Somehow it took nine hours for me to see that map. I haven't played Instinct yet.

• Locked thread