Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
will I later regret not putting effort into this poll?
Yes
No
View Results

• Locked thread
Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Eariler I believe someone asked if playing campaign influenced multiplayer. Someone answered no. I just wanted to say, yes, it does. I just unlocked a railgun and some Atlas Knee Pads, from some mission I did.

Also since posting I will ask again. Does anyone know if the Grapple Line exists in any form in Multi?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Carecat posted:

Somehow it took nine hours for me to see that map. I haven't played Instinct yet.

I played like close to 20 hours before seeing the... map that is really white. It's a hotel or something.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

Feenix posted:

Eariler I believe someone asked if playing campaign influenced multiplayer. Someone answered no. I just wanted to say, yes, it does. I just unlocked a railgun and some Atlas Knee Pads, from some mission I did.

Also since posting I will ask again. Does anyone know if the Grapple Line exists in any form in Multi?

It does not.

What the gently caress does handling mean? Is it recoil, ads time, swap time, what the gently caress does it mean!?

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Mymla posted:

Who thought it was a good idea to make a map with a wide instant death trench in the middle of the map. Jesus.

That's actually one of my favorite maps

Me and two dudes jumped across one pit at each other, guns blazing, and tried to butt-slam and both died :haw:

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Knifegrab posted:

It does not.

Bummer. I mean, whatever, but I feel like they probably could have come up with a clever Grapple use?

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Oh cool the pug emblem I worked on got wiped from prestiging.

Thanks Sledgehammer.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Kill Confirmed on a tight map with a shotgun speed build. (Wildcard first slot, Lightweight + Concussion landing thingy) + Exo Overclockfor speed.

SO MUCH FUN.

r0ck0
Sep 12, 2004
r0ck0s p0zt m0d3rn lyf
I really like the single player campaign on PC. After nvidia released the driver update and I turned off shadow caches. Before that the game looked and played like a home made mod for quake 3.

Gothmog1065
May 14, 2009

r0ck0 posted:

I really like the single player campaign on PC. After nvidia released the driver update and I turned off shadow caches. Before that the game looked and played like a home made mod for quake 3.

Isn't that what COD has been for the past 10 years?

r0ck0
Sep 12, 2004
r0ck0s p0zt m0d3rn lyf

Gothmog1065 posted:

Isn't that what COD has been for the past 10 years?

Truth be told, I have never played the COD franchise before. But the textures weren't loading correctly because of the cached shadow maps. After turning that off the textures loaded and looked much much better. The single player is much better than BF4.

Fatty_McLumpkin
Sep 30, 2002

Oh I loooove going to the mooon ahaha ahhhahaaa
holy poo poo im getting pissed the gently caress off here.. my xbox controller keeps going unresponsive... and i cant get into game chat.

*edit: Sorry guys I was playing with... my chat wasnt working and then my controller(s) locked up.. hard rebooted hopefully that will fix it.

Fatty_McLumpkin fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Nov 5, 2014

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
my recommendation would be to buy a PS4 and play with me. that should fix your controller issues :D

SilentW
Apr 3, 2009

my It dept hgere is fucking clwonshoes, and as someone hwo used to do IT for 9 years it pains me to see them fbe so terriuble

r0ck0 posted:

Truth be told, I have never played the COD franchise before.

Guys, call off the search, we found him. We found the Last Unicorn of Gaming.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

my recommendation would be to buy a PS4 and play with me. that should fix your controller issues :D

Or get it on pc and use kb+m :can:

wjs5
Aug 22, 2009

SilentW posted:

Fatty_McLumpkin
Sep 30, 2002

is anyone else having this much loving trouble just joining a loving invite?? im getting invited... I accept, it says its full. OVER AND OVER AND OVER.
\
*edit: how do i get game chat to work? I cant find the setting..

Fatty_McLumpkin fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Nov 5, 2014

r0ck0
Sep 12, 2004
r0ck0s p0zt m0d3rn lyf

SilentW posted:

Actually I forgot about COD WW2 on the xbox 360 years and years ago. That was pretty fun.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM
Me and fateo are online for some hardcore domination on ps4. PSN name is Alcapwn89 get on plebs

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Drinkfist posted:

My roommate that considers CS1.6 being a gift from god told me to get this game. I did and now I want to loving hang myself. This game is one thousand percent poo poo and when I told him it looks and plays like titanfall he told me it was nothing like it and I wouldn't know because I never bought titanfall. The people these COD games create are literally worse than hitler.

Oh yeah and I am one of those loving morons that bought it on steam for PC so I am totally hosed with this lenseflare poo poo magic. I can't wait to be berated by this idiot I live with for not being able to handle the "hardcoreness" of this dogshit where every map of every game involves setting up spawnpoints that look at other spawnpoints so you can spawnkill the second you spawn because "owning noobs" is erection nourishment to these loving terrible people.

If you bought this game and like it then cut off your dick and sand down your vag because you need to be the endpoint of the thousand year chain it took to make you.

gently caress.

Same

Raithe
Apr 17, 2008

Don't worry: I've got the moon covered...

Knifegrab posted:

What the gently caress does handling mean?

Wouldn't handling be speed of movement when ADS?

Edit: Not meaning actual player movement speed, but the kind affected by stock or the stalker perk from Blops.

Raithe fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Nov 5, 2014

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
They really hosed something up with matchmaking, nothing but being unable to consistently get our group in game for hours. This is on PC.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Would it?!

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

Knifegrab posted:

They really hosed something up with matchmaking, nothing but being unable to consistently get our group in game for hours. This is on PC.

how are you going to matchmake when the entire player user base is on the same team

Undead Muppet
Apr 29, 2007

Played my first round of Momentum using the SAC3 with laser and Scavenger.

:stare:

Fatty_McLumpkin
Sep 30, 2002

ok for some damned reason my old Turtle Beaches just wont pass audio in game chat... and if I try to switch controllers mid game.. the xbox doesn't know what the gently caress.. and shits the bed. I guess I have to be in party chat full time or something.

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:
Saggy, if you're reading this come and play this wonderful game with Scatterfold and Myself. Any other UK/EU goons are also welcome.

e: No, don't

FallinInTheBlak fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Nov 5, 2014

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Well this was a good game, shame about the dedicated server thing, probably would have made it serviceable. RIP.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

Me and fateo are online for some hardcore domination on ps4. PSN name is Alcapwn89 get on plebs

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

Bagpuss_UK posted:

Typical experiences playing from UK with US group...

Every previous CoD: 2-3 bars depending on East/West coast makeup/location of party leader - 3 bars not too bad, 2 bars pretty hit-and miss. Never ever had a 4-bar connection with US goons. Sometimes 1 bar when we get chucked into a Brazilian/Japanese hosted game.

Advanced Warfare: Randomly 1 bar or 4 bar from game to game (sometimes flipping between them mid-game). Lag seemingly has no correlation to ping report, can happily kill people when it's showing 1 bar, other times targets are warping across the map/bullets not registering when showing 4 bars.

Clearer?

Yeah im getting the exact same thing. Sometimes everyone in the lobby in on 1 bar. The best games ive had are one 1 bar. Then I'll get 4 bars and it's laggy. Then you have the random 1 to 4 bar swap issue you mentioned.

It's a bit poo poo.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Shotgun Speed Build in Kill Confirmed:

2:44, but I'm a BEAST!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTroey3jR6I&list=UUmj9katQ3C5Vs4shs-8cSng

[edit] I haven't tried the other shotguns yet. Are there any better than this one?

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Just unlocked exo cloak.

Ninja Mode with a shotgun is like playing on easy.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
weird, I'm playing on PS4 I haven't had any lag issues in game and I'm playing on wifi

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Anyone else having troubles with the app? It keeps saying I've played no MP matches.

haris pilton
Sep 4, 2014

FallinInTheBlak posted:

Saggy, if you're reading this come and play this wonderful game with Scatterfold and Myself. Any other UK/EU goons are also welcome.

Shoot me a friend invite please
psn: haris_pilton_
I'll be on tomorrow

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:
Xbone only, sorry friend.

ShredsYouSay
Sep 22, 2011

How's his widow holding up?
By the way, there's been a patch for single player on Steam which has fixed the cutscene stuttering nonsense.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

ShredsYouSay posted:

By the way, there's been a patch for single player on Steam which has fixed the cutscene stuttering nonsense.

drat. And after I finished the campaign. Ah well.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh

The Iron Rose posted:

drat. And after I finished the campaign. Ah well.

What's the verdict on the single player?

a slime
Apr 11, 2005

Anybody know how to hit grand master? Progress bar at master doesn't seem to go anywhere as I win games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

WattsvilleBlues posted:

What's the verdict on the single player?

It's pretty enjoyable.

• Locked thread