Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Forget it man this bat is whack, it's got poobrain!

nutranurse posted:

lol, did Oliver seriously just teargas a crowd to save a bank. So much for being the populist hero!

He was saving the cops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

BrianWilly posted:

And is it just me or are they kinda skimping on the fight choreography this season? "WATCH in THRILLING SUSPENSE as Arrow and Arsenal RIDE THEIR BIKES down to THE BANK and shoot TWO WHOLE ARROWS!" "BEHOLD THE fearsome motion sensing gun THAT MISSED every SHOT!"

That motion gun thing was classic comic book death trap and it was awesome.

Mooseontheloose posted:

Det. Lance basically understands police procedures better than anyone.

Fake cop on CW show is better at crowd pacification than real life Missouri cops.

Its Rinaldo fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Nov 6, 2014

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Drifter posted:

Don't worry. I've double routed the ISP wi-fi modem and pushed the tarball into the zip file to wipe the firewall. They can't find me.

I'll create a GUI interface using visual basic to track the killer's IP address.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That one's actually possible. Technobabble needs to be fake.

Eddain
May 6, 2007

Narcissus1916 posted:

So... which famous DC scientist is Felicity's father? Because boy, those foreshadowing signs were in full effect tonight.

Lex Luthor.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

deimos posted:

He was saving the cops.

EVEN WORSE.

Holy poo poo that stinger. Holy poo poo that stinger.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Narcissus1916 posted:

So... which famous DC scientist is Felicity's father? Because boy, those foreshadowing signs were in full effect tonight.

My pet theory is almost certain wrong now and I'm sad.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
Back when roy was crazy, didn't he pull arrows out of himself that Oliver fired at him, then throw them back as a weapon? My guess is it's just his Mirakuru trip memories resurfacing, and blending together with random poo poo the way dreams do; not him actually having been the one to kill Sara.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Narcissus1916 posted:

I was going to say Ivo but then remembered we already went down that path. Let's say T.O. Morrow, creator of Red Tornado

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

nutranurse posted:

lol, did Oliver seriously just teargas a crowd to save a bank. So much for being the populist hero!

Better Arrow-Gas than bullets, I guess?

The Lord Bude posted:

My guess is it's just his Mirakuru trip memories resurfacing, and blending together with random poo poo the way dreams do; not him actually having been the one to kill Sara.

How would he know her last words if he wasn't there? It's not like she told anyone.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

OB_Juan posted:

How would he know her last words if he wasn't there? It's not like she told anyone.

Sara told him. Dodged a bullet by handing that blabbermouth off to Felicity's mom.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

nutranurse posted:

Sara told him. Dodged a bullet by handing that blabbermouth off to Felicity's mom.

Stupid babies.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Clearly Felicity's dad is Wells from Flash.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

OB_Juan posted:

Stupid babies.

Stupid babies need the most attention

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Can't be they met, she did not call him Dad.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Bruceski posted:

Clearly Felicity's dad is Wells from Flash.

No, she's his mom.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Whizbang posted:

No, she's his mom.

This actually seems plausible.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
I know they are pushing other stories right now, but I feel Brendan Routh is woefully underused as Ray Palmer.

This episode was frustrating in that area. :argh:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Drifter posted:

I know they are pushing other stories right now, but I feel Brendan Routh is woefully underused as Ray Palmer.

This episode was frustrating in that area. :argh:

I know I am seriously stretching and I loving hate it when people do this but...

When he entered Felicity's apartment he said "Nice place, lots of space!" which is what both Bruce Wayne and the Joker said the Vikki Vale in Batman (1989).

Jesus Christ, gently caress me for posting that.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
Possibly the worst episode the show has ever done?

The ending hit me as good as the rest of you, but otherwise? The episode was a total drudge. The flashbacks were incredibly boring and nothing interesting happened in them, the villain twist was absurdly predictable and dull. The family drama was yawn-tastic. The scenes with Laurel were as bad as ever. Even Felicity instead of being her usual funny self was basically reduced to a soap opera caricature of a person. Not to mention the random pointless shot of Barrowman glaring.

But hey, at least they remembered to put Diggle in a mask this time?

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

VagueRant posted:

Possibly the worst episode the show has ever done?

You need to go back to the Huntress episodes from season 1. This is far from their worst episode.

E: And not The Huntress Returns, either. The original two-parter.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

VagueRant posted:

Not to mention the random pointless shot of Barrowman glaring.

Nothing Barrowman does is pointless.

Nothing.

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart
There's no way Arsenal's really the killer... that had to have been a Mirakuru-side-effect-nightmare. He keeps saying he's having trouble sleeping; he's probably suffering from night terrors.

That has to be it. :mad:

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Slade had time to make Roy a sleeper agent. Well, plenty of time in comic book world. He made a PROMISE :black101:

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
If that means a return of Manu I am down

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
Slade takes control of Roy's body during the times Roy is sleeping. Because of their blood bond.

Wilson may be locked up in a Chinese prison 20 feet below ground, but he's still a free man.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
WHAT THE gently caress :stare:

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

I've been seeing weird parallels between Chuck and Arrow for a while, and they ramped them up earlier this season with Brandon Routh joining the show.

But tonight we also had Zork references (a touchstone for Chuck) and the foreshadowing of a brilliant but absent father. If only Scott Bakula wasn't on NCIS:Paychecks!

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
Ha, I didn't notice the parallels.

General Comment: I'm liking Routh so far.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
Stuff like this is a lot easier to watch if you mentally replace the words hacking, hackers, and virus with magic, wizards, and curse, respectively, because that's what they are to most people. MIT is just a stand-in for Hogwarts.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Accretionist posted:

Ha, I didn't notice the parallels.

General Comment: I'm liking Routh so far.

Seriously, Routh is an amazing actor. I had no idea, my only exposure to him was that awful Superman movie where he was just wooden as poo poo (or basically trying to play Christopher Reeve Superman as Jesus).

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

King of Solomon posted:

You need to go back to the Huntress episodes from season 1. This is far from their worst episode.

E: And not The Huntress Returns, either. The original two-parter.

You know, a part of me wonders what this show would be like if they hadn't totally botched Huntress and if they had never elevated Felicity from bit-character status.

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"
Great idea Oliver, move in with literally the only person left that you know that you're trying to hide the fact that you're the Arrow from.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Oracle posted:

Seriously, Routh is an amazing actor. I had no idea, my only exposure to him was that awful Superman movie where he was just wooden as poo poo (or basically trying to play Christopher Reeve Superman as Jesus).

That was all Singer. He cast Routh based entirely on his resemblance to Reeve. Dude never had a chance.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Narcissus1916 posted:

He is clearly Will Magnus, as he is the best fit for the show.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
I'm confused, does Thea know he's the Arrow, but keeping it to herself? I can't keep track of who is lying to whom!

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Burning_Monk posted:

I'm confused, does Thea know he's the Arrow, but keeping it to herself? I can't keep track of who is lying to whom!

Thea has not made any indications that she knows, so if she's a villain she probably does.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

You know, a part of me wonders what this show would be like if they hadn't totally botched Huntress and if they had never elevated Felicity from bit-character status.

Before Felicity Oliver was doing his own hacking, so they probably would have kept that but it probably wouldn't have been as big of a deal.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Thinking back on it, Roy having something to do with Sara's death isn't too surprising. After all, considering that Manu Bennett neither confirmed nor denied that he was coming back for season 3, using "maybe the mirakuru cure didn't work as well as we thought" is definitely a set up for Slade to breakout of Lian Yu and a return to Starling (either as a villain or anti-hero or ARGUS merc).

Also, you'd probably want someone to go toe-to-toe with Merlyn as well, and god knows Oliver can't do that. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

Don't tell me no one has told the girl she isn't exactly human!
I don't...wha... :stonk:

Did Roy have a flashback and kill Sara? I'm having a hard time believing that he did, but then how would he know about the scene in the first place?

Is there some kind of DC villain that can plant false memories into people? Is it possible that the League of Assassins brainwashed Roy, because it still seems like Ras was the one that put out the hit on Sara.

• Locked thread