Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
will I later regret not putting effort into this poll?
Yes
No
View Results

• Locked thread
Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Looks like servers are down-ish. Keep getting disconnected

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quabzor
Oct 17, 2010

My whole life just flashed before my eyes! Dude, I sleep a lot.

RonMexicosPitbull posted:

Maybe you haven't played far enough but the game breaks down to generic evil pmc corporations bad America good real fast.

I think I'm like 4 missions in because I can only stand to play single player for one 'cut scene of why pmc's are the greatest thing ever' at a time.

But thanks for spoiling the rest of the game for me you tryhard. Who beats multiplayer in the first two days? Go try harder in multiplayer.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
One of the Operations challenges requires you to kill someone with a blown up car.

Solar's the only map with an explodable car, I think. Detroit, surprisingly, has no cars that can blow up.

Fatty_McLumpkin
Sep 30, 2002

Oh I loooove going to the mooon ahaha ahhhahaaa

Thumbtacks posted:

One of the Operations challenges requires you to kill someone with a blown up car.

Solar's the only map with an explodable car, I think. Detroit, surprisingly, has no cars that can blow up.

thats because in Detroit, everythign is pre-blown up

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Thumbtacks posted:

Electric cars.

THANKS OBAMA. :freep:

Surprise T Rex
Apr 9, 2008

Dinosaur Gum
I think I'm gonna pick this up tonight. After the shitshow that was Ghosts I was pretty sure I'd never bother with another, but addiction wins again I suppose.

Any of the old Brit Crew on PS4?

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
So I got really really drunk last night after my exams and bought this.

I've never played CoD before and the only shooter I've ever been better than terrible at is TF2 and there I usually just play Medic and hide in a corner.

My multiplayer games where I've attempted to shoot at people have resulted in me going 1-14.

The multiplayer games where I've been "Lunatic with a knife" have resulted in my K:D going positive.

Do I keep playing as Lunatic with a knife or is there some way to actually get better at the shooting?

As an aside, what's the best way to build a knife wielding maniac?

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

Camping on kill confirmed gets me irrationally angry. I don't know why I'm not used to this after 5 cod games.

E: there's a dubstep shotgun build a few pages back which is basically as fun for the knife. Overcharge, Lightweight and Exo Overdrive. Add in blast suppressor too. Then support UAV, turret and care package?

Puckish Rogue fucked around with this message at 11:20 on Nov 6, 2014

Leyburn
Aug 31, 2001
How do I be good at CoD multiplayer?

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

Leyburn posted:

Alcohol.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh

GET MY BELT SON posted:

there is a bone clan but you have to suck 37 dicks to gain entry

37? In a row?

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

Smelly posted:

Now if I could only get scorestreaks reliably. I tend to get buzzkilled all the damned time..

You know you can keep the points towards scorestreaks carry over when you die, yes? It makes them more expensive, but still.

Popeadactyl
Jul 28, 2009

dumb and gay
Had some network probs yesterday sorry to those who invited me but I couldnt join. Anyone want to invite me to the xbone clan? My gamertag is Popeadactyl

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Yorkshire Tea posted:

I've never played CoD before and the only shooter I've ever been better than terrible at is TF2 and there I usually just play Medic and hide in a corner.

My multiplayer games where I've attempted to shoot at people have resulted in me going 1-14.

The multiplayer games where I've been "Lunatic with a knife" have resulted in my K:D going positive.

Do I keep playing as Lunatic with a knife or is there some way to actually get better at the shooting?

Ninja Mode. Take every perks that gives you either stealth or speed.

Lunatic With a Knife is the best way to play any CoD multiplayer. That or Lunatic with a Shotgun.

I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack

Dalai Trauma posted:

Camping on kill confirmed gets me irrationally angry. I don't know why I'm not used to this after 5 cod games.

Same, except for me, it's Domination.

But my God, what I dealt with last night along these lines... I was in the Atlas Gorge playlist and we were heading into Uplink. As the lobby was ending, one of the guys - someone who sounded like an obvious Bro - said everybody has to use sniper rifles because it'll be fun.

For the first three minutes of the first half, I spent my time popping dudes so my guys could get to the satellite and run it in. That's when I realized the score was zero-zero and nobody had picked up the satellite from its default location. So I personally picked it up and ran it in twice before time expired, both times meeting little resistance.

At the halfway point when all-chat is on, I said, "you guys know this isn't Team Deathmatch, right?" And one of them chimed in, "we don't care. We're playing for the kills."

We ultimately lost when somebody on their side wised up to what was going on and was better at solo-running the satellite in than I was. It ended 6-4.

WirelessPillow
Jan 12, 2012

Look Ma, no wires!

Leyburn posted:

Never stop moving, camping is a death sentence with the movement abilities at hand.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Hardcore Dom is the most fun. People move around, and you kill people as fast as they seem to kill you in not hardcore.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

coyo7e posted:

I loved it as well but the goon consensus was that it was the worst atrocity in gaming since Denis Dyack made Too Human. Might've had the best costumes and tats in an FPS that I've come across either way, though.

Wow holy poo poo. Remember when we used to play too human? ! Man I had forgotten that was even a thing.

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006
Is there a PC clan in the making?

Spoon Man
Mar 15, 2003

Agoat posted:

Is there an Xbone clan yet? I'm about to make one.

Definitely make a clan and invite both XBone and 360 players since XBL is considered one platform and they can all contribute to clan XP and clan wars.

BOYS is the existing XBL clan, but has been near or at capacity since 2011.

For anyone that is emblem challenged, you can join a clan and use the clan emblem! Clan members can also submit emblems for the leader to use/save/discard so you can use clans as a way of sharing emblem creations. I know as a clan leader, I can save the clan emblem to my personal list. If members can also save the clan emblem, the leader can just swap the clan emblem regularly for members to save a variety of solid entries.

Also, let me read an excerpt from today's journal about my enthralling adventures with an innovative SMG build. I call it SAC The Ripper. Tune in tomorrow for another showcase of one OK game I will have!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Kevin Spacey turns out to be a bad guy, right?

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Aphrodite posted:

Kevin Spacey turns out to be a bad guy, right?

Turns out to be? He's the head of a PMC organization. He was always the bad guy.

ZentraediElite
Oct 22, 2002

Does anybody need those Mountain Dew codes?

Here's two:
CSZ7H 6PSNC
BMEPR PCH3N

Enjoy. Didn't know where else to post them.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

ZentraediElite posted:

Does anybody need those Mountain Dew codes?

Here's two:
CSZ7H 6PSNC
BMEPR PCH3N

Enjoy. Didn't know where else to post them.

Took the first one, thanks. FUEL BOOTS

Pretty_Llama
Nov 11, 2009
This is getting frustrating - I am getting a huge amount of assists without kills. Last night I had a round with 18 gun assists and I'm averaging about 8-10 a round. Doesn't matter what gun I'm using. I'll see a guy, start shooting and get some hit markers and fall over dead. On respawn I inevitably get the +25 from someone else finishing him off. I am the John Stockton of COD (short shorts included).

Also is it confirmed the double hit marker icon is a head shot?

I'll give HC a try tonight.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

So the key to success, much like any Call of Duty game, is to hold down a particular area of the map and get kills in and around it. Only problems now is that that huge wall right next to you means nothing so you have to be super alert and pay super close attention to where your team is spawning-which means the enemy team will be spawning on the opposite side and will be trying to get you from every which goddamn direction.

Also half the killstreaks aren't really worth getting and they feel kinda weak, so go crazy and put support on everything that you can (it's not just UAV that has it right?) because getting to the 11 kills streak for a Goliath is the exciting part, not the fact that you jump into a mini titan and shoot mans.

PS:Am i the only one that puts stealth perks and attachments on just about everything? Popping up on the radar anytime i do anything more than sneeze is not my thing

PPS:Unlock the Parabolic Microphone on everything and never take it off, so helpful

PPS: If you insist on actually having fun and using the laser weapons, use the Semi-Automatic one, it's actually pretty decent once you get the Foregrip unlocked, just waiting on that red dot because GOD are the irons terrible.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

I run only 2 kill streaks. UAV and care package, both of which I have set to not have their points until streak reset when I die. I never get more than a 5 streak.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

Ninja Mode. Take every perks that gives you either stealth or speed.

Lunatic With a Knife is the best way to play any CoD multiplayer. That or Lunatic with a Shotgun.

Confirming dubstep shotgun lunatic is the best way to play.poo poo is a lot of fun and effective.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Keep at it, started last night and geting owned myself.
Its the usual owned by unlocks CoD has, once you start getting a few ranks and unlock sit you get an even standing with most other players.

Edit: My first death was with a guy in predator camo loving jump boosting over me and stabbing me in the back. Its fun poo poo, better than noob tubing spamage that these games ususally turn out to be.

Leyburn
Aug 31, 2001

Fateo McMurray posted:

I run only 2 kill streaks. UAV and care package, both of which I have set to not have their points until streak reset when I die. I never get more than a 5 streak.

I ended up running support UAV only, the care packages kept giving me remote turrets that apparently only fire rubber bullets.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Leyburn posted:

I ended up running support UAV only, the care packages kept giving me remote turrets that apparently only fire rubber bullets.

Remote turrets from Care Packages may not have the Sentry mod and so won't shoot at all without you controlling them.

Leyburn
Aug 31, 2001

Aphrodite posted:

Remote turrets from Care Packages may not have the Sentry mod and so won't shoot at all without you controlling them.

Yeah I was controlling them, just failing to kill anyone.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Leyburn posted:

Yeah the remote turrets are horrible, I couldn't even kill bots with them.

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp

Leyburn posted:

highlights how hard it is to hit without autoaim

Leyburn
Aug 31, 2001

RonMexicosPitbull posted:

highlights how hard it is to hit without autoaim

Also without any aiming skill whatsoever.

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp

Leyburn posted:

Also without any aiming skill whatsoever.

that as well

J Bjelke-Postersen
Sep 16, 2007

I have a 6 point plan to stop the boats.....or turn them around or something....No wait what were those points again....Are there really 6?
I haven't played COD since MW1 but I'm having a lot of fun playing this game with my idiot friends. It's just incredibly stupid in general, the net code and peer to peer sucks, the constant barrage of huge medals every time you shoot someone is gaudy, the voice chat is puerile and offensive (I've never really had a chance to enjoy FPS voice chat meltdowns), the pc port has awful lag in general...

Christ this is everything a video game should be, I haven't had so many laughs for a long time.

E: forgot to mention my pc turning into a nightclub drug meltdown when someone gets a kill streak. I'm loving this awful poo poo!

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I feel like I'm in a Transformers movie when I play Domination, so many medals. Also someone make a clan for us lovely PC users.

Skull Knight
Aug 2, 2013

Sexy bad choices
Lipstick Apathy

Pork Pie Hat posted:

You know you can keep the points towards scorestreaks carry over when you die, yes? It makes them more expensive, but still.

:edit: Nevermind, found it.

Skull Knight fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Nov 6, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Scorestreaks have individual modifiers on them to add all sorts of fun poo poo (more time, support, etc).

• Locked thread