Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

ShaqDiesel posted:

Judith eats Rick.

Carl shoots zombie rick in the head the bullet hits the baby because rick was trying to eat her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

comic spoiler

not much different from how they did it in the comic

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill
Judith kills Daryl

Bulkiest Toaster
Jan 22, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Killing Rick would be a megaton more shocking than killing Judith. Rick is an actual character on the show. Judith just looks cute and is carried around in a little Yoda sack on Tyresse's back for the last half of a season.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Judith's been a zombie all along and bit Tyreese's back last season. He doesn't know it because he can't see his back (duh) and his massive bulk is slowing down the infection.

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?
Just got caught up and I'm so impressed with this season. Last season, an episode focusing specifically on Beth would have been a boring snoozefest, but there is so much depth this year. What happened during the break to get them back on track like this? It's like season one all over again.

After the whole prison/governor thing, I fully expected to peace out this year, but they are keeping things consistently interesting, and more brutal than ever. Wasting zero time with stupid stuff and just getting straight to the badassery. Really excellent score and cinematography this year too. Feels like it's finally getting some really good footing. Still early obviously, but if they keep it up like this, it'll probably be my favorite season of the series.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I'm not super convinced Judith is going to be around forever. Then again she's lived longer than I thought she would.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
They're going to have to have someone murder Judith for shock value and people will jerk off over how insane and revolutionary it is even though BSG had a baby murdered in the first 20 minutes a decade ago.

GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

Spoeank posted:

They're going to have to have someone murder Judith for shock value and people will jerk off over how insane and revolutionary it is even though BSG had a baby murdered in the first 20 minutes a decade ago.

The Walking Dead: not shocked by baby murder. "It's so 10 years ago"

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

GrAviTy84 posted:

The Walking Dead: not shocked by baby murder. "It's so 10 years ago"

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Judith actually is AMC's ticket to ~18 more seasons of walking dead.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I would be pretty surprised if a significant number of viewers give any fucks at all about Judith.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Cingulate posted:

As the doc mentioned in the scene, guinea pigs are part of the traditional cuisine of Peru. I actually really liked this idea.

They curry up a mean Agouti in Trinidad.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Can't agree more that this season has actually been good. I think it's competent showrunning. Good writing (this very last episode withstanding; I'm sure it seeming like a waste of time can be recouped by a later episode, but it just felt so slow compared to the previous ones) makes all the difference. I love how the Termites seemed like they were going to be a season-long threat, then they seemed like they'd been dealt with in a single episode, then they seemed like they might've been a season-long threat again, then dead. Actually upsetting expectations? How'd that happen. If Rick and company had dealt with the Governor at their very first meeting at that stupid mid-way house, it would've been roughly the same effect. Just brutal, intelligent removal of a threat instead of back-and-forthing and stringing poo poo out for a season (then another half-season beyond its expiry point).

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse
Yeah, but they wouldn't have offed Andrea. For that I'm willing to deal with the Governor for a season or two

Cingulate posted:

I think his point was that he doesn't believe anybody would keep their single guinea pig throughout the zombie apocalypse.

E: I want to eat guinea pig now.

Well, generally you keep them in pairs or more if you're a good pet owner because on their own they get depressed, and they breed like rats, so it's not that hard to believe they've got them breeding somewhere for food. I mean honestly, if I were gonna want a source of meat from time to time in the same situation, that's one way of doing it.

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 09:26 on Nov 6, 2014

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bit highly strung for the Zompoc. They drop dead out of fear all the time...

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
For a guinea pig, a live human probably is exactly as scary as a walking dead human. And about as dangerous.

Antifreeze Head
Jun 6, 2005

It begins
Pillbug

Spoeank posted:

Or how it was a major plot point in the MASH finale from 1983.

The REAL Gtab Fan
Apr 12, 2007

Let it post, let it post, can't wait to shit post anymore~
Let it go, let it go, gonna vote one and move onnnnnn~

precision posted:

I would be pretty surprised if a significant number of viewers give any fucks at all about Judith.

Having listened to many of my female friends gush about the re-union with Rick and Carl, I'd say there's a fan base.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I missed literally like the last 15 seconds of the episode and didn't see who came in on the gurney, who was it?

mewse
May 2, 2006

Babe Magnet posted:

I missed literally like the last 15 seconds of the episode and didn't see who came in on the gurney, who was it?

Merle's corpse

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Babe Magnet posted:

It was Carol. This is not a comedy response.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Oh. Interesting.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

mewse posted:

Merle's corpse

You missed the chance to say "the governor". :v:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
The downside of all this expectation-subverting is that I feel like there's a good chance Carol is gonna die in that hospital. She already went full Rambo once, now it's time to torture the viewers by having her fail. I hope like hell I'm wrong and when Daryl and Rick show up, they just see her slow-walking away from an exploding hospital.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Antifreeze Head posted:

How did I forget about that. I have failed in my snark.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

precision posted:

The downside of all this expectation-subverting is that I feel like there's a good chance Carol is gonna die in that hospital. She already went full Rambo once, now it's time to torture the viewers by having her fail. I hope like hell I'm wrong and when Daryl and Rick show up, they just see her slow-walking away from an exploding hospital.

this but Carol

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
In the last episode of the series Judith will be killed by something. The camera will pan up to Rick, hella sobbing. He draws that extremely badass revolver and points it at Judith. Then, he turns it on himself, completely committing suicide. The camera slowly zooms out at this grim tableau. Judith does not turn.

Fiendish Dr. Wu
Nov 11, 2010

You done fucked up now!

PantsBandit posted:

this but Carol

Spectacle Rock posted:

Not mine, scene from next episode:

This better happen...

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

redweird posted:

In the last episode of the series Judith will be killed by something. The camera will pan up to Rick, hella sobbing. He draws that extremely badass revolver and points it at Judith. Then, he turns it on himself, completely committing suicide. The camera slowly zooms out at this grim tableau. Judith does not turn.

Nerds will argue forever about whether Judith really doesn't turn or if she just turns after the credits roll.

ActionHank
Nov 1, 2014

redweird posted:

she'll die long before that, they'll kill her off for "the drama" long before the end of the series

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

precision posted:

Nerds will argue forever about whether Judith really doesn't turn or if she just turns after the credits roll.

After the credits roll the we'll get a stinger where the zombie Governor discovers Judith, but her innocence overpowers the zombie virus and frees the Governor from his curse (being an insane rear end in a top hat). He picks her up and Walking Dead gets a spin-off.

GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

redweird posted:

I wonder how much this show has driven up 8" stainless colt python prices (more than they already were overpriced). I'd rather have a model 29 anyway

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Judith is worth more to the writers alive than dead. Plus killing a baby is a likely jumping-off point for a lot of people.

GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

I don't wanna be the ~~BUT IN THE COMIX~~ guy, BUT IN THE COMIX Judith gets crushed by Lori after she gets shot during the battle for the prison

There's no way that can happen now, obv. I think something similar could happen but I don't know who with.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Yeah, but filming a show with a baby is notoriously awful on everyone so they have a very good behind-the-scenes reason to kill her off.

It's gonna happen, mark my words. 5 seasons has been 2 years or less, does anyone really want to watch a kid go through the "terrible twos" in seasons 8 through 10?

e: I do think it's a decent possibility she won't turn, proving some techno bullshit babble about how the virus somehow doesn't get transmitted from mother to babby

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong

precision posted:

It's gonna happen, mark my words. 5 seasons has been 2 years or less, does anyone really want to watch a kid go through the "terrible twos" in seasons 8 through 10?

She will be put into one of morgan's zombie bait cages and will get rick and co. out of more than one sticky situation.

GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

precision posted:

e: I do think it's a decent possibility she won't turn, proving some techno bullshit babble about how the virus somehow doesn't get transmitted from mother to babby

that's too science though. Breaks rule #1 of zombiepocalypse genre, you never talk about where it came from or how it works. It becomes a sci fi show instead of a horror show after that.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Antifreeze Head posted:

I thought it was a chicken :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sri.Theo
Apr 16, 2008
This episode was fantastically tense and everyone who thinks otherwise is wrong.

• Locked thread