Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Anyone else seen the glitch where voting score icons randomly appear/disappear after you refresh your bookmark list? iPhone 6.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I believe this is fixed in the never-getting-approved version.

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

someone remade most of the emoticons for use on yospos, can you put then in the app?

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

PleasureKevin posted:

someone remade most of the emoticons for use on yospos, can you put then in the app?

Those were the ones that assumed a black background? We already handle most of that, albeit in a somewhat shittier way.

gregday
May 23, 2003

If there's a spot open, I'll get in on TestFlight

gregday@gmail.com

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

With 963 spots available, I think we can squeeze you in. Welcome!

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002

by VideoGames
Hell Gem
Getting a lot of beta crashes in my 6 plus going from landscape to portrait. Also it doesn't seem to want to unbadge the private message thing after I read the new PM. Still the red circle with the 1 chillin there

Bum the Sad fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Nov 9, 2014

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

Sounds about right :( planning on having both of those fixed for 3.2.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002

by VideoGames
Hell Gem
The PM badge just went away when I reopened the app right now. So it does clear up. Just randomly it seems.

lifg
Dec 4, 2000
<this tag left blank>
Muldoon
Feature request!

There used to be a dumb little extension for Firefox that let you make notes on users. (I used it to keep track of posters in EN with notes like, "doesn't understand law".)

Can we get that for this app?

Does anyone else care for something like this?

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002

by VideoGames
Hell Gem
That's loving weird you're weird.

NyetscapeNavigator
Sep 22, 2003

Yes we need more things to make SA like reddit.

lifg
Dec 4, 2000
<this tag left blank>
Muldoon

Bum the Sad posted:

That's loving weird you're weird.

Fair enough.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
A bug / glitch I keep encountering is if I switch from wifi to LTE or lose service in general even trying to make a post, it pops the "network not found" dialog box BENEATH my keyboard.

So I can't dismiss it because the keyboard won't go away. Resetting the app fixed it since my draft is saved.

Mostly it seems like an issue because I can't scroll with the box present.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

I'm fairly sure I know what's causing that, and it's on my todo list for the next version. I'll stick a gold star next to it. Sorry about that.

I ride bikes all day
Sep 10, 2007

I shitposted in the same thread for 2 years and all I got was this red text av. Ask me about my autism!

College Slice
Went to ios8, can't get the sidebar to hide when reading a thread anymore. Tried the setting on and off, closed and reopened the app, no dice. Ideas?

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

It's hosed up. It's hosed up in a different way in the next version. I'll fix it soon.

Dubstep Jesus
Jun 27, 2012

by exmarx

lifg posted:

Feature request!

There used to be a dumb little extension for Firefox that let you make notes on users. (I used it to keep track of posters in EN with notes like, "doesn't understand law".)

dude just make an excel spreadsheet like everyone else does

Solly
Mar 21, 2005

That's a side effect of the marijuana poisoning.
Edit, wrong thread I can't read good

Solly fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Nov 14, 2014

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

lifg posted:

Feature request!

I like using this feature so I can figure out who's who in an online game thread, since steam/xbox/ps IDs and SA usernames can differ.

Not sure if I'd miss it in mobile of course. Probably not. But it does have non-creepy uses.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

I like using this feature so I can figure out who's who in an online game thread, since steam/xbox/ps IDs and SA usernames can differ.

Not sure if I'd miss it in mobile of course. Probably not. But it does have non-creepy uses.

slogsdon posted:

dude just make an excel spreadsheet like everyone else does

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?
New testflight version 3.1 is crashy as hell when replying with a quote. IPad Air 2, iOS 8.1.

The app crashed 10 times in a row when simply picking the quote button, or when previewing the finished post.

Edit: and then randomly works the 11th time.

wooger fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Nov 15, 2014

Caithness
Nov 10, 2012

HEY!!!
YOU CAN SEE ME, CAN'T YOU? THEN WHY ARE YOU IGNORING ME!?
The orange, blue, and gray numbers are all practically invisible in MacinYOS.

Well okay, maybe not the orange ones.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

wooger posted:

New testflight version 3.1 is crashy as hell when replying with a quote. IPad Air 2, iOS 8.1.

The app crashed 10 times in a row when simply picking the quote button, or when previewing the finished post.

Edit: and then randomly works the 11th time.

Yeah I gotta get crash reporting back in. I just assumed the new TestFlight would have it by now.

Caithness posted:

The orange, blue, and gray numbers are all practically invisible in MacinYOS.

Well okay, maybe not the orange ones.

Literally the first good thing about orange bookmark stars that's ever been said.

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

I have an iphone 5s that I got around launch. The battery doesn't get me through the day anymore and sometimes the phone goes into emergency shutdown with as much as 20% left on the battery meter. Do I have any options for fixing this? I don't have apple care.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002

by VideoGames
Hell Gem

Ogmius815 posted:

I have an iphone 5s that I got around launch. The battery doesn't get me through the day anymore and sometimes the phone goes into emergency shutdown with as much as 20% left on the battery meter. Do I have any options for fixing this? I don't have apple care.

Wrong thread brother. This is the app thread. I feel your pain though. My launch 5 started doing that the last 6 months or so(so took 1.5 years.)

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

Durr this is the app thread. Sorry guys.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
Any updates on the next version? Is it in Apple's hands now?

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

david_a posted:

Any updates on the next version? Is it in Apple's hands now?

Just got rejected for the fifth time. It'll happen, someday.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

If it makes you feel better, it once took us 3 months to get the FB app approved.

("But that's web content, it could change at any...ok, we'll edit the page and resubmit." :negative:)

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

pokeyman posted:

Just got rejected for the fifth time. It'll happen, someday.

Is it the emoticon keyboard that keeps getting it rejected?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Snuffman posted:

Is it the emoticon keyboard that keeps getting it rejected?

Yep, it turns out goons are a bunch of sick bastards when it comes to animated gifs.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

Subjunctive posted:

If it makes you feel better, it once took us 3 months to get the FB app approved.

("But that's web content, it could change at any...ok, we'll edit the page and resubmit." :negative:)

I don't feel bad, I didn't think it'd go through easy. Five rounds is more than I expected though.

I am excitedly anticipating the future rejection for some new seventy-smilie bukkake that appears between submission time and review time and gets automatically downloaded.

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller
Has this halted development as well because you have to keep changing code on that version?

Haven't had a new version this month, the beta expires in 10 days

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Here was a quick brainstorm on the keyboard thing:

Change it to a user created 'shortcuts' or 'macros' keyboard, where when installed it's completely blank, and the user has to upload his own images and add a tag or some BS. Whatever will get the appstore to accept it.

However it's pulled off, if it could support like .xls, and we just keep an updated list that real users can just find and upload in one click and would get them to the original goal of the keyboard.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

101 posted:

Has this halted development as well because you have to keep changing code on that version?

Haven't had a new version this month, the beta expires in 10 days

Nope, I've done some under-the-hood stuff in the meantime. If the current beta expires then I'll put a new one up, don't worry.

The Dave posted:

Here was a quick brainstorm on the keyboard thing:

Change it to a user created 'shortcuts' or 'macros' keyboard, where when installed it's completely blank, and the user has to upload his own images and add a tag or some BS. Whatever will get the appstore to accept it.

However it's pulled off, if it could support like .xls, and we just keep an updated list that real users can just find and upload in one click and would get them to the original goal of the keyboard.

Stuff like this starts to move into shady circumvention territory for me. I think you're right, it would get through, but I wouldn't feel too pleased about it.

If it gets to the point where I don't feel like the smilie keyboard will ever get approved, I'll take out the extension and just keep it in-app. But I don't feel like we're at that point just yet.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

pokeyman posted:

Stuff like this starts to move into shady circumvention territory for me.

Oh it 100% is!

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

pokeyman posted:

If it gets to the point where I don't feel like the smilie keyboard will ever get approved, I'll take out the extension and just keep it in-app. But I don't feel like we're at that point just yet.
Wait, so it's actually a system keyboard? What does it do in other apps? Is there a way to limit it just to Awful?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

You have to explicitly enable it for other apps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

david_a posted:

Wait, so it's actually a system keyboard? What does it do in other apps? Is there a way to limit it just to Awful?

Yep, you can pop a smilie into Messages or whatever. It works like other gif keyboards, you tap an image to copy it then you can paste it into whatever app. You can also just turn it off system-wide and still use it within Awful if you like.

So it would be trivial to limit it just to Awful. But part of the appeal to me finally doing it was to make a system-wide keyboard extension, so if that seems doable I want to do it.

• Locked thread