Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
will I later regret not putting effort into this poll?
Yes
No
View Results

• Locked thread
Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Press Y/Triangle/I-don't-know-don't-buy-this-on-PC to customize a scorestreak.

There's 3 slots, you unlock them pretty early. You have all 3 by like 25.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NuckmasterJ
Aug 9, 2008
Grimey Drawer
Are there any CODAW PC bro's in here that are having trouble finding multiplayer games? My NAT is Open, and I can only find team deathmatch games. Anything else it just sits at No Games Found.

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

pc

Kanish
Jun 17, 2004

Is this game worth picking up on pc??

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

NuckmasterJ posted:

Are there any CODAW PC bro's in here that are having trouble finding multiplayer games? My NAT is Open, and I can only find team deathmatch games. Anything else it just sits at No Games Found.

I'm surprisingly finding little problems finding games. I do have lag problems every three or four games, but I can find games on everything I've tried.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

Does anyone here actually play on the PC? I'm in the group but no one ever plays.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
Oh jesus christ.

What beer do you guys like?

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Zombie Boat posted:

Oh jesus christ.

As I posted elsewhere they had Laphroaig 18 year for only $62 a bottle at costco so I bought all of it. I should be good for a year or two.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Zombie Boat posted:

Oh jesus christ.

I'm pretty partial to root beer.

penis bandana
Aug 6, 2008

Dum Cumpster posted:

As I posted elsewhere they had Laphroaig 18 year for only $62 a bottle at costco so I bought all of it. I should be good for a year or two.

Anyone else having stuttering audio issues with this?

Tempus Rimeblood
Sep 23, 2007

...Friendship? Again?
For some reason I can't edit the goon spreadsheet from my phone, but can someone add PSN Tag TempusRimeblood to the list? I've finally decided to cave and purchase the game after a brief rental.

I'll be playing on PS4, and I'm probably gonna hate money enough to buy the season pass too.

Ankle-biter
Mar 10, 2004

Thank you Grizzlebees... I was hungry.

Verisimilidude posted:

Does anyone here actually play on the PC? I'm in the group but no one ever plays.

I got it for PC. We need a clan so we can stop bothering these nice console posters.

Gothmog1065
May 14, 2009
I am finally loving some poo poo up with the Pytaek. I got a Savvy in a support package, has an Acog, slightly better handling and I slapped a foregrip and silencer on it.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Verisimilidude posted:

We had people playing last night?

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
Is anyone in Europe playing on the PC? I want to pick this up but I don't want to get stuck with pubbies.

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

So the key to success, much like any Call of Duty game, is to hold down a particular area of the map and get kills in and around it. Only problems now is that that huge wall right next to you means nothing so you have to be super alert and pay super close attention to where your team is spawning-which means the enemy team will be spawning on the opposite side and will be trying to get you from every which goddamn direction.

Also half the killstreaks aren't really worth getting and they feel kinda weak, so go crazy and put support on everything that you can (it's not just UAV that has it right?) because getting to the 11 kills streak for a Goliath is the exciting part, not the fact that you jump into a mini titan and shoot mans.

PS:Am i the only one that puts stealth perks and attachments on just about everything? Popping up on the radar anytime i do anything more than sneeze is not my thing

PPS:Unlock the Parabolic Microphone on everything and never take it off, so helpful

PPS: If you insist on actually having fun and using the laser weapons, use the Semi-Automatic one, it's actually pretty decent once you get the Foregrip unlocked, just waiting on that red dot because GOD are the irons terrible.

yeah I stealth and run, which in my mind is totally ninja and not a stupid mismatch of perks. lightweight, low pro, blind eye, toughness, suppressor. I like to get to people fast and unfuckingseen.

Killstreaks wise, gently caress it, UAV only. Although I might make a different class should I go into TDM and camp for paladin's like a oval office. (I will.)

West007
Apr 21, 2013

Popelmon posted:

Is anyone in Europe playing on the PC? I want to pick this up but I don't want to get stuck with pubbies.

I'm considering it. Help me

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Is there a way to turn off exo dodge on double tap strafe key?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Mymla posted:

Is there a way to turn off exo dodge on double tap strafe key?

Use a controller.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
Okay I am feeling really dumb but I can't figure out where the combat knife is in my class creation screen. How do I get/eqiup one? :saddowns:

Zombie Boat posted:

Oh jesus christ.

Pyramid 24s are cheap and pretty tasty.

edit: christ, supply drops were bugging last night so I forgot about them now I have ten. HELLLOOOOOOO four copies of that stupid loving helmet that expires after ten minues!

coyo7e fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Nov 6, 2014

Quabzor
Oct 17, 2010

My whole life just flashed before my eyes! Dude, I sleep a lot.

coyo7e posted:

Okay I am feeling really dumb but I can't figure out where the combat knife is in my class creation screen. How do I get/eqiup one? :saddowns:

Pyramid 24s are cheap and pretty tasty.

edit: christ, supply drops were bugging last night so I forgot about them now I have ten. HELLLOOOOOOO four copies of that stupid loving helmet that expires after ten minues!

Just clear the slot for weapons and a tactical knife is the default weapon.

zenthursdays
Oct 20, 2009

:feelsgood:
I think a weapon slot just defaults to the knife when nothing else is selected. At least in the secondary slot.

Scatterfold
Nov 4, 2008

Dum Cumpster posted:

does the 18 taste like a more refined QC? otherwise :eyepop: ; also:

Mister Macys posted:

Use a controller.

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp

West007 posted:

I'm considering it. Help me

jesus christ censor that

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

NuckmasterJ posted:

The other 12 PC players need to start playing Ground War.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

Roman posted:

Yeah the remote turrets are horrible, I couldn't even kill bots with them.

Hahahahahahahahahaha

If you want to find a group on PC join the Advanced Goonfare group or hop in the Reticulated Splines mumble.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Scatterfold posted:

does the 18 taste like a more refined QC? otherwise :eyepop: ; also:

Yeah, pretty much. It's smoother which I normally don't care for in an Islay but it suits it well or something. Like burnt 360 controller with a hint of rubber bands. Acetone finish.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
So far the funniest thing I've done was fly a recon drone into a building with 4 enemy players in it and paint them all over and over and then flew it back outside - they all chased me out the door firing wildly at it (and missing every shot) before getting killed by the rest of my team. They really didn't appreciate me shooting them in the heads with recon sensors.

I am bad at this game but it's fun like I remember MW1 being - probably because I haven't played a COD since MW2.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I suck so I exclusively play Domination so at least dying doesn't hurt the team.

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

Aphrodite posted:

I suck so I exclusively play Domination so at least dying doesn't hurt the team.

Me too! I tend to get irrationally annoyed, though, when something that I've just captured gets immediately lost by stupid pubbies.

Is there a way to edit your loadout/emblem/etc in a web browser, rather than having to be at the PS4 or app?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Pork Pie Hat posted:

Me too! I tend to get irrationally annoyed, though, when something that I've just captured gets immediately lost by stupid pubbies.

Is there a way to edit your loadout/emblem/etc in a web browser, rather than having to be at the PS4 or app?

Closest thing is the Windows Store app on a Win8 PC.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
I like using the laser gun cause every time on rage mics they're like "poo poo I died to the laser gun"

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Remote turrets are the best killstreak.

100% serious.

BabelFish
Jul 20, 2013

Fallen Rib

dreffen posted:

100% serious.

It's a crime they didn't add an AI upgrade to that thing, I'd use it every time if it had one.

As it stands I find I invariably get jumped from behind while using it. The boost jumps and crazy spawn logic means I get flanked and killed.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?

dreffen posted:

100% serious.

Do you end up in the Top 3?

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

BabelFish posted:

It's a crime they didn't add an AI upgrade to that thing, I'd use it every time if it had one.

As it stands I find I invariably get jumped from behind while using it. The boost jumps and crazy spawn logic means I get flanked and killed.

There is. The Sentry upgrade lets it do it's thing without your input.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Wazzit posted:

Do you end up in the Top 3?

Of course I ended up in the Top 3, it was a 4v4 match.

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006

Knifegrab posted:

Hahahahahahahahahaha

If you want to find a group on PC join the Advanced Goonfare group or hop in the Reticulated Splines mumble.

That group is invite only sooooo....

Campaign: Did anybody notice how beautiful the main characters are? For army men they are all beauty queens with frosted tips or surfer hair.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

MadBimber posted:

That group is invite only sooooo....

Campaign: Did anybody notice how beautiful the main characters are? For army men they are all beauty queens with frosted tips or surfer hair.

Join the chat and wait for another goon to join in. Some of us have jobs and work during the day, or add any of us on steam and we'll invite you to the group. Or join the other goon group (laffo have fun sifting through that bullshit).

Also I always end up in the top six when I use remote turret. 100% serious. (Except when playing ground war).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Freaquency posted:

There is. The Sentry upgrade lets it do it's thing without your input.
Oh, I didn't know that. Not that I'll use it now because I disabled my killstreaks anyway...

• Locked thread