Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The main problem I had with Helios is that enemies never stop spawning. They come out of those teleporters for days!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lets burn
Nov 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Alien Rope Burn posted:

Borderlands has been and always will be the gaming equivalent of a Hot Pocket. The rose-colored glasses of your avatar are the hilarious subtext to each of your whiny posts.

Its filled with disgusting meat and everyone should be embarrassed to be seen with one? Haaaawt pockets

Reiley posted:

There's god damned nothing to shoot in this game. There's like a small cluster of dudes and then nothingness for like 10 minutes before you find more dudes. Are there more things to shoot in TVHM? My friend and I are on Helios now, and the guards trickle out and then you shoot the few of them and then that's it.

The actual levels are short, and filled with re-spawning enemies. Makes you feel like a badass! Killing the same 4 gaurds over and over and over and over and over...

lets burn fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Nov 6, 2014

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010

Genocyber posted:

Once again that has nothing to do with RPG elements. Poor balance is poor balance.

Gear, leveling, and skillpoints are all RPG elements. BL1's RPG elements are less lovely than BL2 or TPS, therefore BL1 is more fun as a shooter and doesn't feel like I'm playing WoW with guns.

Dyz fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Nov 6, 2014

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Genocyber posted:

Helios has shittons of enemies, not sure what you're talking about.

Sawtooth Cauldron was great, there were tons of dudes. Now I'm here and there's like four dudes at a time, sometimes six. I want to fight like a dozen dudes at the same time.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!

lets burn posted:

Its filled with disgusting meat and everyone should be embarrassed to be seen with one? Haaaawt pockets

Yes. It's always been a grindy, dumb meaty mass of gaming unsophistication.

And yet I play it anyway.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Alien Rope Burn posted:

Yes. It's always been a grindy, dumb meaty mass of gaming unsophistication.

And yet I play it anyway.

Tastes better when high, I suppose? There's a fuckload of filler types, but only a few you'd prefer if you had to eat one.

What the gently caress would be the Chicken and Broccoli one in the BL-verse

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Reiley posted:

Sawtooth Cauldron was great, there were tons of dudes. Now I'm here and there's like four dudes at a time, sometimes six. I want to fight like a dozen dudes at the same time.

TPS definitely limits you to 4-5 enemies at once. I'm not sure why, but I have a suspicion that there were framerate issues on one of the release consoles. I was playing BL2 around the Arid Nexus today and you never run out of enemies to fight in that game if you keep forging forward. If you could play Nisha in BL2 you could probably string a showdown all the way through each map.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

lets burn posted:

teach me how to waste my time obi-wan.

We are all dieing.

Becoming the sands of time.

Turning into dust.

that was a haiku

Wow you're worse at trolling than you are at borderlands and you've never even played the game.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

jeeves posted:

Interest in game renewed. Too bad Jack's doppleganger is coming out soon as I'm barely 2.5 hours into the game with Athena but gently caress if I ever want to play these first hours/missions again after doing it once already with Claptrap.

Yeah, it's hurting my desire to pick up the season pass, because I still want to try out Athena even with Jack in the mix, as it is but my desire to do a third or fourth playthrough of the game right now is ahahaha gently caress nope.

Bertha the Toaster
Jan 11, 2009
I'm still on the fence about the season pass, it'd cost more than the game did and I never played half the stuff that came with BL2 because it just never felt right for some reason. I played the main game, Torgue and used Gaige for 20 levels or so and gave up on it. Which is a shame as I probably sank more into Knoxx alone than all of BL2. I don't want to get stung again.

internet celebrity
Jun 23, 2006

College Slice

Bertha the Toaster posted:

I'm still on the fence about the season pass, it'd cost more than the game did and I never played half the stuff that came with BL2 because it just never felt right for some reason. I played the main game, Torgue and used Gaige for 20 levels or so and gave up on it. Which is a shame as I probably sank more into Knoxx alone than all of BL2. I don't want to get stung again.

If you skipped Krieg and the Tiny Tina DLC then you missed the two best parts of BL2

Bertha the Toaster
Jan 11, 2009
Tiny Tina made me want to put my fist through my monitor. I'd never been annoyed at a character in a video game until Tiny Tina came along.

Backhand
Sep 25, 2008

Tiny Tina made me want to put my fist through my monitor. I'd never been annoyed at a character in a video game until Tiny Tina came along.

You people confuse me.

Bertha the Toaster
Jan 11, 2009
Imagine if you crossed a hyper active chihuahua that pisses on your rug with every stupid internet meme. That's how I see Tiny Tina.
Shut the gently caress up you stupid hyper active bitch, no I don't want to buy your Vigara. Get the gently caress off the sofa.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Imagine if you crossed a hyper active chihuahua that pisses on your rug with every stupid internet meme. That's how I see Tiny Tina.
Shut the gently caress up you stupid hyper active bitch, no I don't want to buy your Vigara. Get the gently caress off the sofa.

You have AIDS.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Backhand posted:

You people confuse me.

Second.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

So many haters.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Yeah, it's looking like this Season's Pass is going to consist of 2 characters, 1 campaign, and 1 'Level Cap+' pack that I'm going to guess is like Digistruct Peak since they're charging $10 for it. Might as well hold off until it gets discounted.

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!

Don't buy it, then. I've never played BL1 myself so I can't relate to how good the General Knoxx DLC was or wasn't in comparison to the BL2 DLC, but given that TPS is by and large a stopgap release, the odds that the forthcoming DLC is going to blow you away are probably infinitesimally small.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Just buy the season pass from Nuuvem, it's not region locked and is the equivalent of ~15 USD.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Seeing "This product is not available for purchase in your region.", actually.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Alien Rope Burn posted:

So many haters.

Haters get taters.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Alien Rope Burn posted:

It was 10 bucks or so from g2a earlier, seems to have gone up again. 13$ish now

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010
Just started playing as Wilhelm and I already like his character the best.

His attitude towards the story and characters reflects my own: I don't give a poo poo, hurry up and finish talking so I can shoot and loot.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire

Dyz posted:

His attitude towards the story and characters reflects my own: I don't give a poo poo, hurry up and finish talking so I can shoot and loot.

Someone should edit together a youtube of all of the small bits where characters talk back. Claptrap's "DECEPTION.EXE SUCCESSFUL!" on telling Moxie he can't lie actually made me laugh.

I wanna hear them but I don't really want to play the game 4x times :[

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Alien Rope Burn posted:

If you can get around that it works, since the key itself is not region-locked. Oddly enough I had to use a VPN to buy the game key, but not the season pass key. :iiam:

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Jusupov posted:

It was 10 bucks or so from g2a earlier, seems to have gone up again. 13$ish now

That worked, thanks!

$15 is a much softer blow to take in the service of novelty.

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...
Do you have to get the G2A shield?

falconry
Oct 9, 2012

Dyz posted:

I started the game as Athena and wasn't really having that much fun, then I encounter a game-breaking bug that makes it so I can't progress in the game any further. Which I consider a blessing in disguise because it forced me into playing Wilhelm, who is the serious best. I have more fun playing him, get better drops as him and enjoy his character a lot more. It's kinda cheesy but I can't help but laugh every time he calls someone a dumbass.

Plus you can actually hear him become more of a robot as you go further into his skill trees. He's the best.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
Apparently console players can play Jack right now?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Jack's body double is already in the game files on all versions, as is the Baroness. They can't legitimately play as Jack right now but you can mod your save to unlock him and make him playable, allegedly.

LostCosmonaut
Feb 15, 2014

Alright, maybe entering Vorago Solitude at level 40 was a bad idea.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

CJacobs posted:

Jack's body double is already in the game files on all versions, as is the Baroness. They can't legitimately play as Jack right now but you can mod your save to unlock him and make him playable, allegedly.

No, as in, it was claimed that something about the latest console patch made Jack a selectable option. I was wondering if any one could verify it.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

I didn't think much was going to top Dunks Watson in this game... but I just defended Nakayama while he sent an urgent message to Jack. :unsmith:

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

In relating the circumstances which have led to my confinement within this refuge for the demented, I am aware that my present position will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative.
Nap Ghost
I just finished Playthrough 1 with Claptrap and I really liked it. I think it was much more challenging than BL2 and the jokes were funnier. Some of the set pieces were really cool, especially all of the levels on the exterior of Helios with that giant laser in the background. Overall, I still think BL2 is the best of all three games but I'm going to have a hard time going back to it without the double jump.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

CJacobs posted:

So the latest patch has Jack and the Baroness in the files, right? I'd say some people give it a try, and if they like it, get rid of the modded stuff and buy the DLC when it hits.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987
The doppelgänger is playable for consoles and he feels a bit like Gaige with the Digi-Jacks. Pretty fun so far.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

RVWinkle posted:

I just finished Playthrough 1 with Claptrap and I really liked it. I think it was much more challenging than BL2 and the jokes were funnier. Some of the set pieces were really cool, especially all of the levels on the exterior of Helios with that giant laser in the background. Overall, I still think BL2 is the best of all three games but I'm going to have a hard time going back to it without the double jump.

I like how it was just firing continuously despite only having fired like 3 times to that point.

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...

Dr.Smasher posted:

The doppelgänger is playable for consoles and he feels a bit like Gaige with the Digi-Jacks. Pretty fun so far.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciPEXxNsfeQ

Here's a good video preview of Jack.

And apparently they can't possibly make back the money spent on Tiny Tina DLC. Sounds like the new campaign DLC might be along those lines.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emo Szyslak
Feb 25, 2006

What do his heads look like

This is very important

• Locked thread