Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

It's a single-player only game and those don't usually have much sales traction a few months after release. But for real it's a really really good game and everyone should play it.

EDIT: Talkin' bout Wolfenstein

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Zombie Samurai posted:

So Croteam is working on a puzzle game called The Talos Principle which you can test for free right now. The puzzles are pretty simple Portal-style beam and force field deals, but they're set in stone ruins on an idyllic little island. Also you're a robot, there are computer terminals you can hack, and God speaks to you. I would suggest giving it a try... there's a lot of neat little details to find.

So are they trying to beat Jonathan Blow to the punch and release this before The Witness?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Humble Weekly

$1

Urban Trial Freestyle
Real World Racing
WRC Powerslide

$6
DiRT Showdown
Joe Danger 2

$9
DiRT 3

Contingency Plan
Nov 23, 2007

Picked up Resident Evil 4 HD edition during the Halloween sale, and there is an awful problem with stuttering music and desynced sound effects in some areas but not others. Anyone else have this problem? A handful of people on the Steam RE4 section have the same issue and it seems none were able to resolve it.

MonkeyforaHead
Apr 7, 2006

God, you vindictive bitch, why can't I ever have any "me" time

Contingency Plan posted:

Picked up Resident Evil 4 HD edition during the Halloween sale, and there is an awful problem with stuttering music and desynced sound effects in some areas but not others. Anyone else have this problem? A handful of people on the Steam RE4 section have the same issue and it seems none were able to resolve it.

RE4 HD is a great port other than having utterly loving poo poo optimization, or possibly just some bizarrely widespread hardware conflict that they never nailed down. The game doesn't understand how to skip frames, so any performance issues make the sound run completely out of sync. Crank down the graphics settings (in particular try 30 FPS rather than 60 and turn off the weird visual ghosting effect) and see what that does for you.

Organs
Feb 13, 2014

ubisoft is giving uk customers the finger and refusing to release their games on steam. if you wanna play assassins creed unity, far cry 4 or the crew you have to suck it up and pay the silly prices they're charging on uplay lol, they won't be coming to steam

i'd assume this will fail spectacularly because they're asking £50 for these games and uplay is garbage, but it will probably be a huge success for them :aaa:

Organs
Feb 13, 2014

also uplay started experiencing server issues right after their announcement lol

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.

Organs posted:

ubisoft is giving uk customers the finger and refusing to release their games on steam. if you wanna play assassins creed unity, far cry 4 or the crew you have to suck it up and pay the silly prices they're charging on uplay lol, they won't be coming to steam

i'd assume this will fail spectacularly because they're asking £50 for these games and uplay is garbage, but it will probably be a huge success for them :aaa:

Guess what just got pulled from the North American store!

Orv
May 4, 2011
What the gently caress Ubisoft?

Wonder what happens with my dumb rear end who already grabbed both on Steam.

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

Orv posted:

What the gently caress Ubisoft?

Wonder what happens with my dumb rear end who already grabbed both on Steam.
The community hubs still exist for the games, and The Crew beta has not been pulled from my library (which I pre-ordered).

The Crew: http://steamcommunity.com/app/241560

Edit:
Here's the others if you want to see people complain or if you want to complain with them or whatever.
Far Cry 4: http://steamcommunity.com/app/298110
Assassin's Creed: Unity: http://steamcommunity.com/app/289650

Yaos fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Nov 6, 2014

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Yaos posted:

lol

Orv
May 4, 2011
This is the absolute worst time to make this move, with their three big releases right around the corner. Idiots.

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅
In the UK at least you can still just order the physical copy from Amazon and get it for £39

It's the exact same story as Origin. For some reason the digital copy is way more than the boxed copy you can order, register and toss.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Are they loving insane with pulling the games that already had preorders for several months?

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

If you're one of those people who keep getting 20% discount coupons from Gamersgate, you can possibly preorder Valkyria Chronicles there cheaper than directly through Steam.

Dr Sun Try
May 23, 2009

Plaster Town Cop

Orv posted:

This is the absolute worst time to make this move, with their three big releases right around the corner. Idiots.

no? That's the best time to do that. "Hey wanna play any of these hugely advertised games? Come to uplay!"

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

I decided to see what they may be saying over at the Uplay website as I've never been there. Unlike every other PC game store in the world they do not tell you what you can buy through Uplay, you have to download the client. Not even EA managed to screw this up.

Dr Suntory posted:

no? That's the best time to do that. "Hey wanna play any of these hugely advertised games? Come to uplay!"
But you already have to use Uplay. It makes no sense to do it now either after getting lots of Steam pre-orders.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
Gotta thank some companies for making my choice of which games to buy simpler.

Organs
Feb 13, 2014

this will end up being a huge success for ubisoft because people will complain about how much it sucks and how uplay is the worst client ever and then still go and preorder all their crappy games the next day because they can't control themselves and gotta play assassins creed 20 or whatever

Dr Sun Try
May 23, 2009

Plaster Town Cop

Yaos posted:

[...]
But you already have to use Uplay. It makes no sense to do it now either after getting lots of Steam pre-orders.

They've been trying to build uplay into an actual store for ages. Now is the perfect time to force people over. EA did the same thing a while ago and it apparently worked for them.

(that uplay might not be ready is a different matter)

edit: i don't like it, because steam is convenient, but I think I get what ubisoft is trying to do

Orv
May 4, 2011

Dr Suntory posted:

I mean it'll absolutely work out because people, but it feels like another Origin situation. Origin took what, three-ish years to become worth using, though it hardly sunk EA either so. :shrug:

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

Yaos posted:

If they're trying to get uplay adopted as an alternative storefront, not just a launch-platform, the (only?) way to do it is to make some big titles exclusive to it.

Having said that, I just won't get these games, now. There's enough stuff on steam that I don't need to go looking elsewhere.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

"Hey wanna play any of these hugely advertised games? Come to uplay!"

"Okay let me just try to pl

ERROR CANNOT CONNECT TO SERVER, PLEASE TRY AGAIN LATER

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
Are you sure it's not just some silly GAME exlusive deal or some poo poo?

Unity and Rogue haven't been on the UK Steam store for weeks.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

awesmoe posted:

Having said that, I just won't get these games, now. There's enough stuff on steam that I don't need to go looking elsewhere.

I'm in the same boat. Assassin's Creed and Far Cry were already sale fodder for me. If I can't get them conveniently from a steam sale I probably won't get them at all. Same thing happened to me with Origin exclusive EA games too.

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

Andrast posted:

I'm in the same boat. Assassin's Creed and Far Cry were already sale fodder for me. If I can't get them conveniently from a steam sale I probably won't get them at all. Same thing happened to me with Origin exclusive EA games too.
Yeah, this just saves me $20 in the 2016 christmas sale.

Dr Sun Try
May 23, 2009

Plaster Town Cop

Kin posted:

Yaos posted:

AC5, FarCry4 and The Crew have also been removed from the german store...

Hogo Fogo
May 10, 2010

Gone from EU2 store as well.

I guess I will just play other games.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Kin posted:

It got pulled in NA too which has nothing to do with GAME.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

This was bound to happen. Seems odd that they'd let people pre-order these games for ages then pull them with no warning though.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
^^^ - I'm sure they'll just be like, "...and here's your uplay key!"

I don't have a problem using Origin because their client works fine. Holy poo poo Ubisoft's UPlay is like shoving Hitler up my dickhole as far as usability and reliability goes.

Organs
Feb 13, 2014

i wonder if it really is ubisoft being greedy or if valve just got sick of having to deal with uplay complaints and booted them off steam because they refused to remove their drm??

warner bros will probably be the next publisher to ditch steam imo because there were rumors a little while ago that they were putting together their own origin/uplay styled service as well lol. they'll probably push it when the new batman game comes out

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

Organs posted:

ubisoft being greedy

This is always the answer.

Hogo Fogo
May 10, 2010

I cannot imagine downloading a 40GB game from Uplay, 'cause like 50% of the time I had to suffer through updating a game or the client the download speeds barely reached three digits of kB/s.

VegasGoat
Nov 9, 2011

So the entire Worms series is on sale. Any recommendation for which one is the best version? I'd like to so some multiplayer with friends.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

VegasShirtGuy posted:

So the entire Worms series is on sale. Any recommendation for which one is the best version? I'd like to so some multiplayer with friends.

Armageddon. Ignore everything else.

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Do not forget the face of your father.
Fun Shoe

Junkenstein posted:

This was bound to happen. Seems odd that they'd let people pre-order these games for ages then pull them with no warning though.

It happened before with Far Cry 3 on the UK store but then the game reappeared later on without explanation.

Origin is just a half assed Steam but stays out of my way so I don't mind it. Uplay on the other actually sucks to use in almost every way. I hope this isn't a permanent thing.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Well so much for Ubisoft improving relations with the PC market. The UPlay client is horrible and I'm awaiting people finding out about their amazing patching system.

VegasShirtGuy posted:

Just get Worms Armageddon it's been constantly updated since release and has more features and weapons than any other game. Every game afterwards (barring World Party) are horrible attempts at replicating the old game with half the features and all the fun ripped out. If you find anyone playing Revolution and later releases smack them.

Wiggly Wayne DDS fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Nov 6, 2014

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Can NAM be the go-to ironic Steam gift now?
http://store.steampowered.com/app/329650/
There's also Eradicator and Across the Rhine there now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChrisAsmadi
Apr 19, 2007
:D

Andrast posted:

Armageddon. Ignore everything else.

Crazy Golf is alright for how much it costs.

• Locked thread