Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Well I can't top the chicken embryo, but I just discovered zulily.com and bought this super cute coat for 22 bucks :3:

:ssh: i know donuts about women's fashion but this tops the chicken embroyo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Homestar Runner posted:

:ssh: i know donuts about women's fashion but this tops the chicken embroyo

Seems like a pretty typical, fashionable coat?

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

big mean giraffe posted:

Seems like a pretty typical, fashionable coat?

Not for $22 American it isn't :buddy:

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

It's not built yet but I just put the down payment on a track bike! Wooooo!

She's gonna look pretty much like this.

All-City THUNDERDOME. Shiny metal. Tubular rims. Bar for putting your hands on. Seat for putting your butt on. Pedals for pushing. Go fast.

strangemusic has a new favorite as of 00:27 on Nov 4, 2014

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Just ordered this.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
This came today:

Got it early by ordering directly from Shout Factory. It's in an embossed metal tin, but includes a printed cardboard sleeve for the discs themselves. Also comes with a set of experiment-related coasters.

Polyakov
Mar 22, 2012

DrBouvenstein posted:

That seems like MASSIVE overkill for TIE Fighter. Especially since it doesn't have an easy way to remap they keyboard controls to ones on the joystick.

It entirely would be, i bought it for Elite im just not going to play it till its out of beta and all polished up, till then i shall play Tie Fighter/X-Wing in the most decadent way possible.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

It's one of those collective goon memory movies where we all remember either Lord Kuruku, the living puppets, or the flute song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bxdHiJinJo

I remember watching the poo poo out of this on the Disney Channel back in the mid '80s.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

Turtles comics are pretty darn good these days.

vincentpricesboner
Sep 3, 2006

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Some new books to read at work.

Merica
Jan 28, 2009

3TB hard drive from newegg for 96 dollars shipped.

link if interested: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822148844 ends on 11/7

u fink u hard Percy
Sep 14, 2007

Merica posted:

link if interested: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822148844 ends on 11/7

Just what I need but I'll only buy WD. Historically, Seagate and Fujitsu's have always failed me.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Merica posted:

I was very tempted to grab one, then I remembered I have a 1tb sitting on a shelf collecting dust because I can't be bothered to plug it into my computer.

I Am Not Spor
Dec 13, 2006
all the better to glomp you with

Not in my library system, my sisters library system, or any bookshop near me, and it's out of print, so I just paid $3.99 to ship a $4.18 used book from London. It won't get here until early December.

FanofPortals
Sep 22, 2006

BILL FILLMAFF'S GREATEST DISAPPOINTMENT

A hard drive recovery adapter since my computer recently died. RIP pooter :(

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

Not my pic, but after a friend sending me Craigslist ads for Mountain Bikes every day for like two months, I finally caved in and bought a used bike. I love it so far, though it is heavy as gently caress - but I prefer downhill courses with bike lifts, so it wont be as bad.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Went on a bit of a bender aka 2nd annual US vacation! :signings:

As much as I like this as well, gonna sell it for nice profit here

actually polarized... in both 55 and 58mm as I can't decide which ones I prefer :mad:

A couple of these

The three pairs I got last year are too big now :(

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

The Lumbering but Unstoppable Sasquatch of the Appalachians
New shoes:

Adidas Originals Dragon

And a new jacket:

Gustin Waxed Canvas Trucker

Both should be here in the next day or so, pretty excited!

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
100 copies of the EP that my band just recorded:

Now I get to turn around and sell them :haw:

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Where would one purchase such a fine shoe?

For content I just bought a blutooth transmitter for my tv so I can listen at a reasonable volume while on my spin bike/rowing machine (& not wake my toddler)

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

beanieson posted:

Where would one purchase such a fine shoe?

For content I just bought a blutooth transmitter for my tv so I can listen at a reasonable volume while on my spin bike/rowing machine (& not wake my toddler)

It's the Wolverine 1000 Mile Addison boot, you could probably buy them at many places but Amazon and ebay often have some good deals, which is how I got mine.

Also forgot about this thing (64gb black version):

mobby_6kl has a new favorite as of 23:34 on Nov 5, 2014

yellowD
Mar 7, 2007

mobby_6kl posted:

A couple of these

This stuff is very good.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

mobby_6kl posted:

Also forgot about this thing (64gb black version):

So is this invite-only phone actually good?

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

sombody help me :negative:

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

mobby_6kl posted:

A couple of these

Nice, reminded me I needed some too, thanks

New floor mats, not excited for winter, but I read good things about Weathertech

Hellbeard
Apr 8, 2002

Please report me if you see me post in GBS so a moderator may bulldoze my account like a palestinian school.

PhazonLink posted:

So is this invite-only phone actually good?

Only for those who NEVER SETTLE!
If you settle on things you should probably not buy phones anyway imo.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf

Sappo569 posted:

Nice, reminded me I needed some too, thanks

New floor mats, not excited for winter, but I read good things about Weathertech

You'll like them. I've used Weathertech mats in my last 2 cars and they rock. Really high quality products.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

SpartanIV posted:

You'll like them. I've used Weathertech mats in my last 2 cars and they rock. Really high quality products.

I sure hope so... considering the price! And I only got the two front mats, couldn't justify $250 for something no one ever uses in the back seats

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

The Microbrute is incredible, great choice! Sounds like a beast. I'm sorry for your wallet though.

este
Feb 17, 2004

Boing!
Dinosaur Gum
Any machine with a knob labeled "BRUTE FACTOR" cannot help but own.

Butt Savage
Aug 23, 2007

This looks awesome. It's the type of thing I wouldn't know how to use but would buy it anyway so I can play with it and have it look nice on a shelf.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

yellowD posted:

This stuff is very good.

That's what I heard but we shall see... it's not normally available locally which is why I had to smuggle it in :)

Hellbeard posted:

Only for those who NEVER SETTLE!
If you settle on things you should probably not buy phones anyway imo.

Yeah that's pretty silly but it is a phone comparable to the S5 or just a bit down on specs from the Nexus 6 at about half the price. Keeping that in mind, I'm more than happy to settle for what few downsides it has, like not having an sd slot or supporting redneck LTE.

Sappo569 posted:

I sure hope so... considering the price! And I only got the two front mats, couldn't justify $250 for something no one ever uses in the back seats

Holy poo poo, do they give foot massages at that price or what?

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

mobby_6kl posted:

Holy poo poo, do they give foot massages at that price or what?

They're 'digitally' formed to each vehicles dimensions, so it's not just a 1 size fits all application.

And instead of just catching everything and letting it seep into the carpet surrounding the mat, they're channeled and raised on the edges, so you can easily empty them out

It sounds like I work for the company now, but I did some reading before hitting buy :)

After having regular winter mats in my last car, I remember the edges of the carpet getting absolutely caked in salt and slush from the winter, so looking forward to not having that mess

Picked this up today, finally found a nice fall into winter 3/4 length jacket

Blue On Blue has a new favorite as of 10:58 on Nov 6, 2014

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
My wife's current car she bought used and it came with Weathertech mats front and back along with the manufacturer mats. She's never taken the Weathertech mats out. Especially with kids, they're great. Mud, dirt, candy etc just dumps out (or wipes out in worst cases). Takes a little getting used to under the driver's feet though just because you can't get traction on them like carpet so your feet slide around a bit.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
http://www.amazon.com/Nordic-Ware-Microwave-Egg-Boiler/dp/B0007M2BN0/ref=sr_1_5?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1415295913&sr=1-5&keywords=egg+cooker

Yeah, I know hard boiled eggs are pretty easy to cook on the stove but they're one of my favorite snacks and I don't have a stove at work so I picked this up based on the price and reviews. I was surprised how well it works. Add a little water, toss in 4 eggs, microwave for 6 minutes, let sit for a couple more minutes and blammo 4 perfectly hard boiled eggs.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy
After taking advantage of a bunch of deals best buy has done lately, I am pretty much paying $4 for this.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I got an acquaintance in Japan to get me these:

So I and a friend can hop on the Japanese PSN and grab this in a month:

With a bit left over for the inevitable music pack DLC and character(s).

KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs
Thermoball jacket because the inside of my 3 in 1 got stolen. More money than I wanted to spend, but it sure looks like it's going to be awesome and warm under my shell

A pair of slippers as part of my GFs gift

Some slippers for me because I was jealous of the gift

rock2much
Feb 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Do you like this better than Rain-X spray-n-wipe? As long as we're on car chat, what do you guys use to remove tiny scratches from your car?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

rock2much posted:

Do you like this better than Rain-X spray-n-wipe?

It has the same effect as Rain-X but instead of getting a week or two out of a single application you get several months between applications. In my experience you can do the front glass (windshield, driver/passenger windows and mirrors) with two applicators on something that isn't a land barge. Its more expensive and harder to find than rain-x but well worth the effort. If you buy in bulk on Amazon they're less than $5 per applicator.