Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
My only disappointment with this D4 episode is that they didn't take to time to return to David's apartment to have another meal with Kaysen.

Silentman0 posted:

George is awesome if only for his subtitles.

And his Ninja Rap reference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
They pretty much hate kids as a general rule.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Except Sarah and Clementine.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Jeanne 3 is the one on the Airplane and you're right that one does own. The last one however has bullshit QTE's and and the worst style of arena for a Platinum game camera. And is preceded by one of the worst Space Harrier style levels Platinum's ever done. They're a lot better in W101, but boy was it terrible in Bayo 1.

I wouldn't mind so much if it weren't just so. loving. LONG. I mean, goddamn, why the gently caress do I have to fight like 3 bosses worth of bad space harrier before the highlight of the entire game?!

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

How can they not like Balder either? He's baller as gently caress!

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

How can they not like Balder either? He's baller as gently caress!

because he never shut the gently caress up

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
gently caress Balder, that was honestly the first cutscene of the game I almost skipped.

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Spiritus Nox posted:

I wouldn't mind so much if it weren't just so. loving. LONG. I mean, goddamn, why the gently caress do I have to fight like 3 bosses worth of bad space harrier before the highlight of the entire game?!

I think the answer is kamiya loving loves space harrier. Dude keeps talking about he can beat it on one credit.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Every Platinum Games game has a space harrier segment. Metal Gear Rising's is mercifully short and unobtrusive.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Yea you'll always have a Space Harrier tribute in a Platinum game, the only issue is if it'll be mercifully short or not.

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE
I really love the way time travel is handled in D4 so far. Having time be linear and the whole "mystery" only exist because of David's meddling is super cool. Can't wait to see the next episode and then be crushingly disappointed when Microsoft doesn't fund the next season.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Rhonne posted:

My only disappointment with this D4 episode is that they didn't take to time to return to David's apartment to have another meal with Kaysen.

I am very disappointed we missed out on Cheney's extra cases. The plane trivia later on just won't be the same without context.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Strange Quark posted:

I am very disappointed we missed out on Cheney's extra cases. The plane trivia later on just won't be the same without context.

Yeah I would have LOVED to see more extra cases but holy poo poo Pat's loving intense screaming crying about "NO DO THE THING I WANT" was kind of ridiculous in part 3 and 4. Like yes I know the giant man is interesting but it will very obviously progress the overall plot along so we might miss some poo poo so have some loving patience. The most interesting thing in this so far are the characters and they're kind of just glossing over them and that's a bit disappointing.

It wouldn't be so bad if Pat weren't literally having a screaming fit over Liam dilly dallying for even a moment.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Nov 6, 2014

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Sometimes I wish the boys would just slow down and take it in a little bit more, tho maybe it's just Pat that annoys me with all the rushing. Makes it feel like playing the game is just a mindless job than a hobby he enjoys.

The Bayonetta 2 video was annoying at times because of this. Tho I wouldn't be surprised if I'm in the extreme minority here and previously fans have bitched about not getting maxxx progress in every video update.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
For some odd reason, Pat sounds not-rushy in videos when he's clearly going to Japan like the next day, and now he's rushy after his vacation's done?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8wEqlixNvA

this may be the best, dumbest video they've ever put out.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Yeah I would have LOVED to see more extra cases but holy poo poo Pat's loving intense screaming crying about "NO DO THE THING I WANT" was kind of ridiculous in part 3 and 4. Like yes I know the giant man is interesting but it will very obviously progress the overall plot along so we might miss some poo poo so have some loving patience. The most interesting thing in this so far are the characters and they're kind of just glossing over them and that's a bit disappointing.

It wouldn't be so bad if Pat weren't literally having a screaming fit over Liam dilly dallying for even a moment.

beep by grandpa posted:

Sometimes I wish the boys would just slow down and take it in a little bit more, tho maybe it's just Pat that annoys me with all the rushing. Makes it feel like playing the game is just a mindless job than a hobby he enjoys.

The Bayonetta 2 video was annoying at times because of this. Tho I wouldn't be surprised if I'm in the extreme minority here and previously fans have bitched about not getting maxxx progress in every video update.

These posts are the road to the Giant Bomb thread.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Rodyle posted:

Good. Barons is 1000x times the poster any of us are!

(No seriously, it is OK to not like how someone is acting and express that opinion. This is nothing like the hilariously terrible posts in that thread. Just relax, man.)

Blockhouse posted:

This is pretty great, too.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

im going 2 kill brad

Blockhouse posted:

I really hoped john cena's theme would make an appearance and I was not disappointed

havenwaters posted:

http://www.nexusmods.com/devilmaycry3/mods/1/ has an option to force xinput so your 360 controller works. probably. Haven't tested it. This also has a lot of other things like dmc4 style switching in dmc3 and some things to fix the graphics and a bunch of other stuff you can turn on and off, etc.

This worked by the way. Thank you, friend :)

Ruggington fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Nov 6, 2014

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
No, if we get to a billion lovely thread memes we are the giant bomb thread.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
These are two very different Pats we're talking about here.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
The second we start name dropping Jared Rosen or that one pic of Dave Lang every page, we're done and this thread might as well just be a rss feed.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

Blockhouse posted:

It's great that Liam went as Cena instead of Freedom Wars whatever, since he no sold death.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Rodyle posted:

What does this mean? I don't follow that podcast, thread or stream.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

beep by grandpa posted:

That thread has a reputation of being terrible. It's also often plagued by stupid criticism of Giant Bomb staff.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

beep by grandpa posted:

They're talking poo poo about Pat. As in, like in the Giant Bomb thread, where people like to poo poo on Patrick. If you don't know stuff about Giant Bomb obviously you would not get the joke but I think it still went over people's heads anyway.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Oh. I've said it before but I love SBF Pat, he's my favorite. I just get kind of stressed out for him when I feel like he feels he has to rush real hard all the time (Barkley Gaiden felt like this at times, too. Not that they should have stopped and read all the text but man relax, dawg).

Edit: this is the internet so let me make it clear I'm not talking about the whole channel, everyone in it or declaring war on Canada because of video games, just a few select playthroughs where I went "pat, bro, relax"

beep by grandpa fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Nov 6, 2014

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
That's also sort of the reason I don't like the machinima videos. The longer playthroughs are better than just one-part-highlight-reels because there aren't as many rapid fire jokes being thrown at you. Slower is better even if Pat's always got that restless leg goin on.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I was actually specifically thinking of all the "Jeff just hates video games now and I know this because" psychoanalysis that goes on in that thread.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

beep by grandpa posted:

Oh. I've said it before but I love SBF Pat, he's my favorite.....

Edit: this is the internet so let me make it clear I'm not talking about the whole channel, everyone in it or declaring war on Canada because of video games, just a few select playthroughs where I went "pat, bro, relax"

Yeah, same basically.

VVVVThis is funny because this is the bitchiest post in the thread. So congrats, you've taken the parody to it's full extent. I applaud you.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Nov 6, 2014

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Pat hates videogames so much he was having a blast playing Bayo 2 and I can't abide by people liking to play games fast/take options first because they're interesting even if they're gonna make the game end faster, only awful people like me do that. Now shut the gently caress up.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I thought I carefully worded my thoughts enough to avoid the bullshit reactionary hyperbolic post but I guess I was wrong! That's the internet for you :cheers:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I got what you meant by it just fine and I agree that having a little downtime where nothing super duper exciting or over the top is happening is just fine. It's part of the game so it's worth showing off imo. :shrug:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I'd be surprised if anyone didn't know about Giant Bomb but also listen to SBFC because I feel like Pat brings them up every episode. Not that it's a bad thing, usually just a one-and-done reference and then on to other things. Hell they talked for a bit after PAX about the GB panel which was...something special. If you like SBF then you'd probably also like, at the very least, Giant Bomb's stuff prior to Ryan Davis's death if not also the stuff after Dan Ryckert was hired. The chemistry between Jeff, Vinny, Ryan and Brad is really similar to Matt, Pat, Woolie and Liam, albeit without animechat and with more horrible homeowner stories and tales of sheer incompetence as well as lots of industry inside baseball.

That said, this thread could really do without the pseudopsychoanalysis that the GB thread has. Complaining about certain aspects of the cast or whatever, fine, but it's best if people don't get too deep into analyzing the Best Friends.

One question I have for Matt, since he's reading this thread. People are saying Pat sometimes feels like he's in a rush, do you guys just play stuff until you're done and Pat's just being Pat, or do you have a schedule that you're not really supposed to exceed of how many videos in a given series, or what? In the case of the Barkley playthrough I have to agree with a previous post upthread, I would've liked if they could have slowed down a bit on dialogue windows because almost everything in that game is solid gold. Apologies if this is too much of "how the sausage is made" question.

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Nov 6, 2014

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Captain Invictus posted:

Hell they talked for a bit after PAX about the GB panel which was...something special.

Holy poo poo look at all these whiny babies in the comments

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

The Boss. The CEO. The J-Cup Lover.

Captain Invictus posted:

I'd be surprised if anyone didn't know about Giant Bomb but also listen to SBFC because I feel like Pat brings them up every episode. Not that it's a bad thing, usually just a one-and-done reference and then on to other things. Hell they talked for a bit after PAX about the GB panel which was...something special. If you like SBF then you'd probably also like, at the very least, Giant Bomb's stuff prior to Ryan Davis's death if not also the stuff after Dan Ryckert was hired. The chemistry between Jeff, Vinny, Ryan and Brad is really similar to Matt, Pat, Woolie and Liam, albeit without animechat and with more horrible homeowner stories and tales of sheer incompetence as well as lots of industry inside baseball.

That said, this thread could really do without the pseudopsychoanalysis that the GB thread has. Complaining about certain aspects of the cast or whatever, fine, but it's best if people don't get too deep into analyzing the Best Friends.

One question I have for Matt, since he's reading this thread. People are saying Pat sometimes feels like he's in a rush, do you guys just play stuff until you're done and Pat's just being Pat, or do you have a schedule that you're not really supposed to exceed of how many videos in a given series, or what? In the case of the Barkley playthrough I have to agree with a previous post upthread, I would've liked if they could have slowed down a bit on dialogue windows because almost everything in that game is solid gold. Apologies if this is too much of "how the sausage is made" question.

If it is a game Pat doesn't really have any interest in, then he doesn't really have much interest in it, D4 was one of those. Bayo was just us wanting to get as far as we could in the maximum amount of time.

That's about the short and the long of it.

I like all games. :)

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Bullshit we have video evidence of you not liking certain games :colbert:

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

TheRealestMatt posted:

If it is a game Pat doesn't really have any interest in, then he doesn't really have much interest in it, D4 was one of those. Bayo was just us wanting to get as far as we could in the maximum amount of time.

That's about the short and the long of it.

I like all games. :)

If you dare to like a game I don't like I will personally drag you to video game hell

I'll wait for you to finish D4 though because I don't own an xbone

AShamefulDisplay
Jun 30, 2013

Blockhouse posted:

Bullshit we have video evidence of you not liking certain games :colbert:

Nuzlocke in particular.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
What is the guacamelee video outros a homage to? I seem to remember something like that.