Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
will I later regret not putting effort into this poll?
Yes
No
View Results

• Locked thread
Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Anybody know if, on ps4, BOTH accounts need ps plus to play online splitscreen?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

Roman posted:

Oh, I didn't know that. Not that I'll use it now because I disabled my killstreaks anyway...

Do use the ai controllable turret customization, it sucks.

My god is the remote turret a loving awesome killstreak though.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Narcissus1916 posted:

Anybody know if, on ps4, BOTH accounts need ps plus to play online splitscreen?

No. Even if CoD requires it, the PS4 has a system level feature where as long as the primary account of a PS4 has Plus any accounts currently logged in to it are considered to have Plus.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

That's awesome :) Cheers.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Game sounds like poo poo based on a brief overview of posts. Thank you pioneers for your sacrifice.

Murvin
Jan 7, 2008
Jet-setter and raconteur

I'm getting pretty consistent high ping on ps4, or at best really unstable. I don't know how all that tech poo poo works but could that be part of the reason I am often seeing graphical hiccups like people or myself rubber banding, teleporting or jitteriing slightly around? It's really unpleasant and distracting to play with.

I am on wifi (can't run cables to console here) and no other multiplayer games seem to experience this. Weird.

Murvin fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Nov 6, 2014

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Game sounds like poo poo based on a brief overview of posts. Thank you pioneers for your sacrifice.

You must be reading a different thread.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
for a game that relies on speed like this does, it really should have dedicated servers

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

sba posted:

for a game that relies on speed like this does, it really should have dedicated servers

It really should but if they announced having dedicated servers, and then didn't launch with dedicated servers, they probably won't even add them.

Also: PC players! If you're still looking for an invite, add me on steam and I will get back to you as soon as I can and get you in.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

just played an hour or so of AW - ecstatic they brought back support scorestreaks that don't reset after death. That missing feature in BLOPS2 turned me off the series.

Only complaint is that Gun Game is apparently MIA. I thought I read it would be here, but so far no dice. :(

The Blue Caboose
May 20, 2007

jeff gerstmann hates fun
So yeah, don't buy this poo poo on PC aside, all I have is a 360 that literally will not open it's disk drive and my sweet rear end gaming rig, so the choice was clear.

The port! Oh man, at first everything was so swell, it looked great, once I got the silly shadow caching fixed (you should probably put in warnings on options that require 6gb of VRAM, guys, just as a heads up).

I was getting some nonsense with alt-tabbing, I figured it was due to my dual monitor setup, I've had a handful of games give me guff and not want to display properly, but usually doing a couple of alt-tabs fixed it eventually. COD:AW was steadfast in it's resilience, it would simply never bring back it's video after alt tabbing. ever. So I thought, hell, let's throw it in borderless windowed mode. It was great! I could alt tab back and forth forever! Then I tried to play a game and it immediately gave me a driver CTD with a DirectX error. Cool. Reverted changes. Same CTD. Safe mode. CTD. Driver rollback on a clean install: Won't even boot.

gently caress.

edit: GTX 970 4gb on the card, in case anyone is encountering similar issues.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

sba posted:

Well I think all cod games should have dedicated servers. Problem is activision will never shell out for them.

wjs5
Aug 22, 2009

Fibby Boy posted:

Well I think all cod games should have dedicated servers. Problem is activision will never shell out for them.

They dont have to, as long as they release the code for there to be clan or what ever run servers. That would also help with hackers.

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax
Fun games with some LUVN crew! Gonna eat and be back on later in the evening EST. I always get so close with goomba stomps but end up missing and getting shot/punched.

Just a couple more levels and I'll unlock the SAC3. :getin:

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

Moochewmoo posted:

So is there a way to tell of I'm loving up because lag or because I'm just hot garbage at this? I lose a lot of gun fights I feel I should of won because I'll get a ton of hit markers, but the death cam shows me whiffing shots and only hitting twice. My ping goes from 4 to 1 back and forth throughout the match. Usually sticking near 4 though.

Or should I just ignore death cam and not care?

A lot of people are having this exact same issue. I found intentionally gimping my internet connection but putting my console on wireless and downloading/uploading torrents at the same time helped a great deal. I play much better on a 1 bar connection. It's hosed.

Raithe
Apr 17, 2008

Don't worry: I've got the moon covered...
I'm pleasantly surprised how natural boost dodging has become. I stopped impulsively double jumping all over the place like everyone was on the first night, and dodging has become fluid and instinctive. Strafe-boosting through doors to schoot a man you know is waiting for you is really satisfying.

I didn't play much Titanfall, so it's new and fun to me.

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax
So wait, is there a specific CoD IRC room or should I just use the general PS4 one?

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
God they better patch in a way to disable double tap boosting, literally the bane of my existence.

dontbuythisshitonpcglittertext.png

Equate
Nov 11, 2011

Knifegrab posted:

God they better patch in a way to disable double tap boosting, literally the bane of my existence.

dontbuythisshitonpcglittertext.png

Try playing on the ps4, the boost and the movement button are on the same joystick. Moving and boosting forward is easy, side to side not so much.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Equate posted:

Try playing on the ps4, the boost and the movement button are on the same joystick. Moving and boosting forward is easy, side to side not so much.

Yeah but I am playing an objectively worse port on an objectively better platform so.... I don't know where I am going with this. I guess we are equals.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Knifegrab posted:

Yeah but I am playing an objectively worse port on an objectively better platform so.... I don't know where I am going with this. I guess we are equals.

Theoretically better platform. God only knows what the specs of a given person's :airquote: "rig" is.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Mister Macys posted:

Theoretically better platform. God only knows what the specs of a given person's :airquote: "rig" is.

MSI twin frozer gtx 970 4G
i7 4790k
16gb DDR3 1600
2 256 Gb SSD's and a 4Tb HDD

:smug:

raingwc
Feb 28, 2008

I admit to not have read the threat at all before this post, but I wanted to ask if any of you playing this on PC are having issues with multiplayer right now?
Im noticing some serious problems playing in EU, keep getting disconnected. Alot of spam of the same problems on the steam forums, but what do they know.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Knifegrab posted:

i7 4790k
16gb DDR3 1600

So you spent what I'm guessing is a decent amount of money to not be able to play a lovely game well?

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

raingwc posted:

I admit to not have read the threat at all before this post, but I wanted to ask if any of you playing this on PC are having issues with multiplayer right now?
Im noticing some serious problems playing in EU, keep getting disconnected. Alot of spam of the same problems on the steam forums, but what do they know.
I've only read one threat so far, it was from a kid with a lisp who claimed I was "probably a loving squeaker" because he shot at me, I spun around and TKed him before I saw the name tag.

He threatened to hack my IP anmd find my house and kick my rear end, then ragequit when I told him "stay in school - those speech classes will probably help you a lot."

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Dum Cumpster posted:

So you spent what I'm guessing is a decent amount of money to not be able to play a lovely game well?

Oh god no it isn't for this turd of a game. Its for another turd of a game, Elite Dangerous in the oculus rift.

raingwc posted:

Yes lots of people are experiencing this. What is your NAT type in the main menu? Does it say "strict", "moderate", or "open"?

Scatterfold
Nov 4, 2008

Knifegrab posted:

i7 4790k
16gb DDR3 1600

you are a small child

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Scatterfold posted:

you are a small child

Post your specs. :colbert:

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Knifegrab posted:

i7 4790k
16gb DDR3 1600

I have sex with attractive women

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

JaySB posted:

I have sex with attractive women

Don't lie on the forums good sir. None of us have sex with pretty ladies.

edit: Besides everyone knows girls don't like poors and poors buy consoles.

Knifegrab fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Nov 6, 2014

SilentW
Apr 3, 2009

my It dept hgere is fucking clwonshoes, and as someone hwo used to do IT for 9 years it pains me to see them fbe so terriuble

Knifegrab posted:

PS4 video output
PS4 processor with special Sony sauce
PS4 magic RAM
~100gigglebits or whatever hard disk with special Sony compression technology

Did I do it right?

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

SilentW posted:

PS4 video output
PS4 processor with special Sony sauce
PS4 magic RAM
~100gigglebits or whatever hard disk with special Sony compression technology

Did I do it right?

Holy poo poo that's a lot of gigglebits. Sale?

Scatterfold
Nov 4, 2008

Knifegrab posted:

raingwc
Feb 28, 2008

coyo7e posted:

I've only read one threat so far, it was from a kid with a lisp who claimed I was "probably a loving squeaker" because he shot at me, I spun around and TKed him before I saw the name tag.

He threatened to hack my IP anmd find my house and kick my rear end, then ragequit when I told him "stay in school - those speech classes will probably help you a lot."

haha :D yes, just noticed that nice little typo.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Knifegrab posted:

Post your pecs

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Knifegrab posted:

Don't lie on the forums good sir. None of us have sex with pretty ladies.

edit: Besides everyone knows girls don't like poors and poors buy consoles.

Yep, total poor.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/darrenheitner/2013/11/05/jay-farber-poker-player-and-next-wsop-2013-moneymaker/

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Give me $1000 please

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

^^^ Sure thing, I've got a bunch of money locked up though in hold from the reserve, if you could send me 50 bucks first I would happily send you the thousand. Just give me your SSN please.

Ha, forbes! A magazine only designed for sub-billionares. Pathetic!

Edit: Also lol not gonna read that.

Knifegrab fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Nov 6, 2014

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Are you still lifting heavy? It looks like it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity
Well, I finished the SP. And wow. They turned Kevin Spacey into ACTUAL HITLER, with concentration camps to boot and yet the media aren't making GBS threads their pants over it. Batshit insanity aside, that ending was rushed as hell, but then again, I haven't listened to all the intel yet, so it might detail why Irons flipped his poo poo in such a big way. I'm not spoilering that, because if you didn't see that coming a mile away, you should probably never read a pop-up book because your heart won't be able to take the shock.

I know CoD is hardly theatre, but it really did get dark pretty loving quick. :psyduck:

Just wish it had the custom loadouts like in BO2 so you could mess around a bit more.

• Locked thread