Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

That's one way to get ahead in life, but nothing beats an axe to the face.
Prices for some Wii games got disgusting at Gamestop. $60 for Xenoblade and Metroid Prime Trilogy. $65 for Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn; I don't think I've seen a more expensive standalone game in the store. Mario Party Eight still going strong at full price.

The only Nintendo game you'll find under $20 is Metroid Other M. I could buy 11 copies of Other M for the price of one pokemon game.

I had a coupon for one free Wii U game under $10, and the only game I could get was Assassin's Creed III. I took it and gave it away to another guy in the store. Last day before it expired and I wasn't going to play Ubisoft garbage so I made another kid's happy day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

I paid extra for the 32 gig Wii U just because it was black and I've never purchased any game digitally or done any of the credit stuff

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.
For anyone wondering exactly how playing with the MK8 DLC online works....

quote:

When you start an online match of Mario Kart 8, you get an option to either go play with the original 32 courses or with all 40 courses (the original 32 plus the eight DLC tracks). Likewise, when you create a tournament, you can select 32 or 40 courses, but you can also select to only play the DLC levels.

Ultigonio fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Nov 7, 2014

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Ugghhhhh the QTE's in Bayo are killing me :[ I guess I just have to remember that it's pretty much always Y. It's hard to know when to anticipate them, though. I've died a bunch of times in Chapters 2 and 3 just because I missed them.

irlZaphod fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Nov 7, 2014

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

irlZaphod posted:

Ugghhhhh the QTE's in Bayo are killing me :[ I guess I just have to remember that it's pretty much always Y. It's hard to know when to anticipate them, though. I've died a bunch of times in Chapters 2 and 3 just because I missed them.

Don't worry. Those QTE's decide to take a vacation during Bayonetta 2.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

andipossess posted:

Don't worry. Those QTE's decide to take a vacation during Bayonetta 2.
There's still the ones where you have to mash the button after killing a boss, or when doing torture attacks.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

CatsPajamas posted:

GOOD STUFF

Hope you enjoy your Wii U! What games are you starting off with?

Actually not sure yet. I generally Gamefly everything, but I'll probably grab Mario Kart and Wind Waker HD.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

You don't even aim!

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

irlZaphod posted:

There's still the ones where you have to mash the button after killing a boss, or when doing torture attacks.

You don't get an instant game over if you don't press the button in two seconds though.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Bayo 2's button mashing bits are considerably easier than the first one's, at least.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

oddium posted:

I paid extra for the 32 gig Wii U just because it was black and I've never purchased any game digitally or done any of the credit stuff

You chose wisely.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Lord Ephraim posted:

Prices for some Wii games got disgusting at Gamestop. $60 for Xenoblade and Metroid Prime Trilogy. $65 for Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn; I don't think I've seen a more expensive standalone game in the store. Mario Party Eight still going strong at full price.

The only Nintendo game you'll find under $20 is Metroid Other M. I could buy 11 copies of Other M for the price of one pokemon game.

I had a coupon for one free Wii U game under $10, and the only game I could get was Assassin's Creed III. I took it and gave it away to another guy in the store. Last day before it expired and I wasn't going to play Ubisoft garbage so I made another kid's happy day.

Other M is on the "clearance" rack at my local Target for $49.99. What the gently caress.

I know Xenoblade was a Gamestop exclusive in the US, so they can basically sell it for whatever they want. Not to mention, it's pretty much assumed that they're sitting on a supply of new copies, opening them up for whatever reason, and shipping them out to stores to sell as used. It was a pretty hard game to find for the past few years. Fast forward to a few months ago when Gamestop did a BOGO (or maybe it was B2G1) Wii game deal, and all of a sudden, there's used copies in every store.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

enojy posted:

Other M is on the "clearance" rack at my local Target for $49.99. What the gently caress.

Other M was like one of the few Nintendo games that didn't keep its value in the UK, I think I picked it up for £6 a year later. I still paid too much.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

How the gently caress is Other M $50 anywhere? It's basically $10 or less everywhere I've seen it, both online and in stores.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Nintendo's UK online store has a great deal on Other M

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Help Im Alive posted:

Nintendo's UK online store has a great deal on Other M

I find it hilarious Wal-Mart still has Other M for $50 when Best Buy has sold it for $5 years prior. No surprise those copies are rotting.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I think the deal with Walmart and a lot of online retailers is that the price used to be low but when they get down to a few copies they jack it back up again, irrespective of the real demand for the game.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

My friend let me borrow other M, and I played about an hour of it before I was done with it, and now he won't let me give it back.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

mabels big day posted:

My friend let me borrow other M, and I played about an hour of it before I was done with it, and now he won't let me give it back.

owned

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I paid full price for that game on launch day

I was a fool

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
Starting up MH3U. Anyone wanna play this video game?

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense

Ultigonio posted:

For anyone wondering exactly how playing with the MK8 DLC online works....

There are going to be two bizarre social recluses who both purchase the second DLC but refuse to buy the first DLC because link is the link that has too floppy a hat, they will only have each other to play against.

KracKiwi
Mar 29, 2002

:byodood: well excuse me, princess!
I usually pre-order games from Newegg since they don't charge tax an shipping is free. Not anymore! Just got this message from them about the smash bros + controller + adapter bundle:

quote:

We are contacting you regarding your recent pre-order that included the Nintendo GameCube Super Smash Bros. Edition Controller. Notice just came in that unfortunately we will not be receiving the controller as anticipated; therefore, we are no longer able to fulfill pre-orders. We wanted to provide this information to you as early as possible. Your pre-order will be voided shortly and you will receive a separate notification via email.

gently caress. Is the bundle still in stock anywhere?

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

I think the deal with Walmart and a lot of online retailers is that the price used to be low but when they get down to a few copies they jack it back up again, irrespective of the real demand for the game.

With Wal-Mart it's because as long as they price it like that then it's on the books as having that much value. They mark it down and the store (or more specifically the department) has lost money. Obviously, no one is losing sleep over the $500 they'd "lose" marking down the dozen copies of Other M they have rotting away, but it makes some managers very skittish about marking things down to dump old stock.

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

I was a fool

Pre-ordered. One of my worst video game purchases in recent memory.

boz
Oct 16, 2005

KracKiwi posted:

I usually pre-order games from Newegg since they don't charge tax an shipping is free. Not anymore! Just got this message from them about the smash bros + controller + adapter bundle:

gently caress. Is the bundle still in stock anywhere?

I preordered it online with Bestbuy.com to pick up at my local store. This was 3 days ago.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

yeah best buy is the best bet for getting a bundle at this point. gamestop definitely isn't taking preorders anymore

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof

sharrrk posted:

yeah best buy is the best bet for getting a bundle at this point. gamestop definitely isn't taking preorders anymore

Pretty sure you can full-pay it in store and have it shipped to you.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

I was a fool

I'm amazed I didn't, I can't remember why, but the anti-hype around the game must have been ridiculous for me to have passed up on a new Metroid game.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
I played it before release and was laughing at all the posts angry that some reviewers didn't like it.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Random Stranger posted:

I did this too and regretted it later.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Random Stranger posted:

A friend of mine got Sonic 2006. We like to argue over who made the worse choice.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I think the whole reason that I'm not that harsh on Other M is because it was the reason that I bought a Wii, and the Wii turned out pretty awesome.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Phantasium posted:

I think the whole reason that I'm not that harsh on Other M is because it was the reason that I bought a Wii, and the Wii turned out pretty awesome.

Stockholm Syndrome is a terrible thing. Though yes, the Wii did turn out awesome.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
I also played Other M early but I convinced myself I liked it for a long time because New Metroid!!!, but every so often I would remember parts of it and go "yeah wow that sucked actually" and that eventually happened with the entire game

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

absolutely anything posted:

I also played Other M early but I convinced myself I liked it for a long time because New Metroid!!!, but every so often I would remember parts of it and go "yeah wow that sucked actually" and that eventually happened with the entire game

Those emotions are why I didn't argue with the people who hadn't played it yet.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

absolutely anything posted:

The only part I like about Other M is "the baby." I've never played the game.

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

I wish I could get metroid prime trilogy for 50 bux.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

The_Frag_Man posted:

I wish I could get metroid prime trilogy for 50 bux.

Seriously. If someone wants to hook a guy up...

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I'm keeping my copy. So many of the games I hang onto are worthless that I just want it for the novelty value.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
I wish that we were getting Prime Trilogy U in the near future.

Or anything Metroid related really.

• Locked thread